Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Laios looking at a transformed Lycion is like love at first sight. :v:

chiasaur11 posted:

It's complicated by him being nice on the surface, really.

Kabru acts nice to cover up his cynicism which covers the fact he's actually a nice guy.

I like how Kabru ended up punching Laios in frustration to force him to actually listen, much like Shuro did when they defeated Falin. I don't think Laios is dense, but he can be a bit single-minded about his goals/desires that he doesn't think about things from someone else's perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Can I just say that, especially in light of his character spotlight, this panel was amazing?

Its so in character that it was something I expected and was happy to see it happen

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
great chapter all around, but mithrun erupting from inside of the bunny-spider was loving horrific

kabru having to manhandle not just one, but both of his idiot wayward charges in a single chapter is so great. poor guy just has to do violence for their own good

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Can I just say that, especially in light of his character spotlight, this panel was amazing?

haaaaay gurl~~

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Just yesterday i was thinking “when are we gonna see werewolf elf do something”

:emptyquote:

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
New chapter's out!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Short one.

Not even the length of a standard High School Family chapter.

Still good, just... oddly short.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
hahahahahaha

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Yesss, I was hoping someone would crop that. :D

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

All I could see

copy
Jul 26, 2007

ThingOne posted:

All I could see

lol

rocketbrah
Sep 24, 2003

it's peanut butter
⚡ MORPHIN' TIME ⚡

ThingOne posted:

All I could see

"Hey Laius! This is more intense than the time I was a goat!"

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
New chapter.

Summary: :3:

Also I laughed out loud at "Okay, this conversation took a weird turn."

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Every story about how Laius saved someone ending with "and then he made us eat some weird poo poo made out of monsters" is just :allears:

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

love this manga

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Such a fun turn of events. In this situation we know that Laios isnt actually the dungeon master so it makes all the people the party has affected coming to his aid even sweeter. And all the stories involving eating weird monsters was chefs kiss.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
the panel where even Mr Tance is imagining Laius creating some horrifying monster was perfect

the unabonger fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 15, 2021

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I’m starting to think that these elves are kind of jerks

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i can't believe elves would bully elves like that >:I

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Glad to see that not all elves are hyper-competent like the OG Canary Squad, Kabru's adoptive mom or half of Marcille.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I like that someone in-universe finally pointed out that Laio's party absolutely sucks at PvP.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Sword controlling magic seems really strong and practical

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

RatHat posted:

Sword controlling magic seems really strong and practical

it makes me think of some theoretical gag manga about some wizard who decided to master "sword controlling magic" which was thought to be one of the weakest and turns out you can just kill everyone before they summon whatever dumb magic they thought was better than hurling a sword into something at great speed

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jerkface posted:

it makes me think of some theoretical gag manga about some wizard who decided to master "sword controlling magic" which was thought to be one of the weakest and turns out you can just kill everyone before they summon whatever dumb magic they thought was better than hurling a sword into something at great speed

It’s not a gag manga but there’s this

https://mangadex.org/title/a149e3c0-728e-438e-b2b0-50e548c38084/the-swordsman-called-the-countless-swords-sorcerer

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Jerkface posted:

This one is a gag manga but it's not sword magic, he simply mastered the most powerful spell of all: Fist.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
My favourite new Canary is the one with the parrot familiar.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

the true antagonist of the manga has revealed themselves

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
buddy you came to the wrong neighborhood

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
They're just cranky because they're hungry.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Vonnie posted:

They're just cranky because they're hungry.

That's why elves should learn to just accept monsters for lunch. It's a fun snack on the go!

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

dragon enthusiast posted:

the true antagonist of the manga has revealed themselves

Laios will change her ways with the power of foodship

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
It's nice that, after all the times it's been pointed out that Laius doesn't get along with people and they all think he's kinda weird and annoying, everyone still thinks Laius is basically a nice person.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
"the new master of the dungeon is drowning to death"

"ah, he's more clever than he looks"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

thetoughestbean posted:

I’m starting to think that these elves are kind of jerks
well, if that full page spread of what happens if a demon gets out of control is at all accurate, they are pretty right to be jerkish. Baphomet slurping up the island sounds like a bad time for everyone especially the ones on said island

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Captain Invictus posted:

well, if that full page spread of what happens if a demon gets out of control is at all accurate, they are pretty right to be jerkish. Baphomet slurping up the island sounds like a bad time for everyone especially the ones on said island

Maybe they’d be more effective at containing the demon threat if they worked with the local peoples instead of paternalistically ordering them around

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

Maybe they’d be more effective at containing the demon threat if they worked with the local peoples instead of paternalistically ordering them around

But then they wouldn't be elves. Assuming you know better and everyone else should just do what you say is a bit of a cultural default.

(Doesn't help that most of them are convicts who hate the job anyway.)

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021

chiasaur11 posted:

But then they wouldn't be elves. Assuming you know better and everyone else should just do what you say is a bit of a cultural default.

(Doesn't help that most of them are convicts who hate the job anyway.)

Also a lot of inexperienced noble kids that also don't want to be there. Thinking about it, the real strengh of the Canaries is in the completely broken captains like Mithrun, Flamela and Kabru's mom, everybody else is just there as support.

And Utaya non-withstanding, they seem to have an good track record at keeping the demons at bay; I think we would know if a demon had broken out somewhere else in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

thetoughestbean posted:

Who knows maybe they've tried that before and it turned out disastrously. They are a long lived bunch and problem with long lived is that you see failures constantly