Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

No whataburger shake is good. It’s always a chalky mess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Marxalot posted:

More importantly is the new whataburger shake any good

1) what is it
2) yes

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

bring back the salted caramel you cowards

edit the new one is mint chocolate chip

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

George H.W. oval office posted:

A chalky mess in a 32oz cup

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

zoux posted:

A chalky mess in a 32oz cup

True.

The biggest loss is the A1 Thick and Hearty. Make the deal again cowards!

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
A1 thick and hearty milkshake vs the half a can of refried beans and 2oz of Parade shredded cheddar on a tortilla

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

True.

The biggest loss is the A1 Thick and Hearty. Make the deal again cowards!

It's on the alltime favorites menu as the sweet and spicy bacon burger. I assume it's so they don't have to pay A1 for marketing.

The chicken strip sandwich is good in theory but the logistics of actually eating it are quite challenging.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
The Peaches and Cream one is surprisingly good. Don't know about the mint chocolate chip one.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

zoux posted:

It's on the alltime favorites menu as the sweet and spicy bacon burger. I assume it's so they don't have to pay A1 for marketing.

The chicken strip sandwich is good in theory but the logistics of actually eating it are quite challenging.

Yeah it's a good way to get bbq sauce on your favorite anime shirt. The buffalo ranch one was even worse about that.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Whataburger isn't even Texan any more. Fight me.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
They've started rationing spicy ketchups and that is when I knew things were forever changed for the worse.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

spicy ketchup is actually just as awful as regular ketchup

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I sometimes ask for a malt because it says malt on the menu, but I can't tell if it's any different. And I have no idea if there would be anything different about it.

zoux posted:

You don't understand, I need vinegar over spice. Give me back the A1.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
if you want a1 so bad just ask a pizza place for a burger with anchovies

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

My dad gets a large “double chocolate” milkshake from whataburger and then is kinda spacey for a while afterwards. It tastes just awful. Not chocolatey, not like a milkshake either. Just some weird boomer-juice that is inedible to normal humans

Boomernip

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

chglcu posted:

Imagine how depressing a thread that just covered Texas politics would be. Does anyone want that?

Yeah who wants to constantly talk about Southlake ISD considering putting actual holocaust denial books into kids hands as curriculum?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Jiro posted:

Yeah who wants to constantly talk about Southlake ISD considering putting actual holocaust denial books into kids hands as curriculum?

Look it's important to teach the controversy.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Marxalot posted:

Conservatives are pig poo poo stupid OP. They'll probably do it.

Just look at that Abbott picture from a few pages back where all those hogs were carefully presenting Chick-fil-A cups to own the loving libs lmao

Oh they absolutely will. The current batch of conservatives on the court were chosen to overturn Roe and that's what they're going to do, even if Roberts has thought better of it.

We're gonna get a ruling that says viability is an outdated standard and gives the green light to banning everything past implantation.

The only good thing is that we'll be able to sue Cornyn for what he does to that brisket.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
Whataburger ketchup is too sweet, the spicy ketchup isn’t spicy and tastes weird.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.

spaced ninja posted:

Whataburger ketchup is too sweet, the spicy ketchup isn’t spicy and tastes weird.

They’re both great, though I will concede the “not spicy” bit.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's peppery spicy and not like, Texas spicy.

Alucardd
Aug 1, 2006
I have honestly lost taste for Whataburger since they were bought out. San Antonio Burger Boy all the way now.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

if p terry's were 24 hours i'd switch loyalty in a heartbeat

morothar
Dec 21, 2005

Shifty Pony posted:

It really sucks that women's bodily autonomy is dependent on Roberts convincing the batshit wing that overturning Roe four or five months out from an election is a really loving bad idea. I don't think he can.

Don’t worry. They’ll seamlessly shift over to contraceptives, and recycle 90% of the talking points.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

P terry's is white castle, to me

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

zoux posted:

god help me i'm agreeing with zoux

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
I've had P Terrys once and it was thoroughly average.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Look if you really want to protest Texas by boycotting Whataburger, you should switch to either In n Out or Shake Shack.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoux posted:

Captain Monkey posted:

god help me i'm agreeing with zoux

Pobrecito posted:

I've had P Terrys once and it was thoroughly average.

wtf

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

P-Terry's was extremely average the only time I've had it.

I'm still mad that Verts venture-capitaled themselves out of existence.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
Did anybody else watch the Austin Prop A debate the other day? Prop A is the one which would force the city to maintain some absurd cop level, through a new ratio and a required amount of community policing.

That poo poo is so going to pass and it's depressing as hell. The terrified middle class white demographic is alive and well, I'd love to be proved wrong though.

One amusing statistic that came out in the debate was that 50% of recruits bailed on the classes voluntarily before being finished with the old program. So I'm guessing the half of people who loved the warrior cop poo poo were the ones who stayed, and those less enthused bailed.

Apparently the chain of events behind the Austin defund was that the city council cut because the training program was so bad, and they were trying to force the hand of APD to fix it I think?

Also the Save Austin Now chud fearmongered about $$$ SOROS $$$ which was quite the right wing foghorn.

E: also if you get the chance to try the BBQ Bacon Burger at P-Terry's it's way better than it should be.

The Crispy Chicken sandwich is pretty good too.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Shooting Blanks posted:

Look if you really want to protest Texas by boycotting Whataburger, you should switch to either In n Out or Shake Shack.

When shake shack first started out I thought it was awesome but over time I’ve concluded In and Out is better. Shake Shack charges stupid for small portions.

Whattaburger should have remained a Texas thing

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

need a map overlay of DQTexas and the state vs. national power grid

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Sardonik posted:

Did anybody else watch the Austin Prop A debate the other day? Prop A is the one which would force the city to maintain some absurd cop level, through a new ratio and a required amount of community policing.

That poo poo is so going to pass and it's depressing as hell. The terrified middle class white demographic is alive and well, I'd love to be proved wrong though.

One amusing statistic that came out in the debate was that 50% of recruits bailed on the classes voluntarily before being finished with the old program. So I'm guessing the half of people who loved the warrior cop poo poo were the ones who stayed, and those less enthused bailed.

Apparently the chain of events behind the Austin defund was that the city council cut because the training program was so bad, and they were trying to force the hand of APD to fix it I think?

Also the Save Austin Now chud fearmongered about $$$ SOROS $$$ which was quite the right wing foghorn.

E: also if you get the chance to try the BBQ Bacon Burger at P-Terry's it's way better than it should be.

It is going to absolutely wreck the city budget if it passes.

The worst part is the police are in on it too, there have been a bunch of reports of officers telling people that crimes won't be investigated at all because they've been "defunded" and APD also put out some notice that they won't respond to any non-emergency calls. of course that is what they've been doing for years now so why did they feel the need to say it unless they wanted to spook the scared suburbanites into voting for prop A?

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

i say swears online posted:

bring back the salted caramel you cowards
I was so angry when they dumped it for the far inferior Dr Pepper shake.

SlothfulCobra posted:

I sometimes ask for a malt because it says malt on the menu, but I can't tell if it's any different. And I have no idea if there would be anything different about it.
I’m glad this isn’t just me. I alway ask for a malt because I love a good one, but for sure 50% of the time they give me a shake. I’m assuming there aren’t separate spigots and it’s more like they mix in some malt powder as they’re filling your cup and then mix that except … they just don’t. Disappointing, but I’m not turning my car around to go in and complain or anything.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

To spicy for a weekend.

zoux fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Oct 16, 2021

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
bring back the loving monterey melt yes i know i can just custom build it but that's not the goddamn point

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Random stab in the dark: Did anybody else get woken up by the club music that got blasted in Southwest Austin for miles at 2:45AM in the morning overnight? Apparently people from miles around were talking about it.

Sardonik posted:

I saw part of it but I was distracted. I felt the guy arguing against it made the mistake of bringing facts to a reptile emotion brain fight. I didn't hear the Soros thing but right when I had to disconnect to do something else, I thought I heard "black progressive mayor" and thought the pro-guy's mask was melting off, but I couldn't hang around to see if he had turned into a Lizardnazi or not.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

prop A passing is going to be a giant victory for the travis county GOP, way bigger than reimposing the camping ban

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007

Sardonik posted:

I watched the debate and I kind of appreciated that even this professor who seemed pro-cop was like "yeah this is absolute poo poo". That's where there's so many misconceptions about the belief that Austin "defunded the police". The training program was supposed to be reformed, APD wasn't reforming it - so they froze the cadet class training until they fixed it.

Y'all should read this piece if you haven't already: https://www.texasobserver.org/the-culture-of-violence-inside-austins-police-academy/. Sounds like they made it hell to be in APD if you were halfway decent as a human being.

quote:

In between the grueling, bootcamp-style drills, Spisak says she was often disturbed by the way instructors talked about police work. One trainer said that people who fight or resist an officer “earned a legal rear end whooping.” Others belittled sex workers and people experiencing homelessness. “At one point we were writing essays about why we wanted to be cops, and one of the instructors said, ‘If you tell me that it’s because you want to help people, I’m going to punch you in the face,’” Spisak recalls. “I was devastated, I literally came home and cried that night. That’s exactly why I wanted to be there, why any police officer should be there.”

Right before this came out, the one person I know who was an APD officer resigned from APD and gave reasons why to me - and this person really, really, really tried to make it work while still actually helping people - and they kept punishing them from not "having the right mentality" They got punished for spending too much time on domestic violence calls, for example, trying to help.

Austin-American Statesman just came out against the proposition, and they're typically pretty conservative for Austin. So still has better chance of passing than not, but no one has really come out to support it.

Mistaken Frisbee fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Oct 17, 2021