Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i remember liking benders big score

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Watched Korgoth of Barbaria again. I know it was probably too expensive for Adult Swim at the time but I wish it had been a full series. It's a perfect Conan/sword and sorcery parody

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

ArfJason posted:

i remember liking benders big score

I did too. It felt like each movie after got progressively worse and then I fell off after the first season of the revival

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

I did too. It felt like each movie after got progressively worse and then I fell off after the first season of the revival

similar experience except i havent watched a single ep of the revival.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I know we're pretty much done with this but I typed in Bloodborne Ghibli

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

HolePisser1982 posted:

Waluigi by Georgia O’Keeffe

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bender's Big Score was fun but I don't think I watched the other movies. I've only seen a handful of episodes from the later seasons but the one I remember being really good and on par with the first few seasons is the one where Fry has a date with Leela but ends up in a time machine with Farnsworth and Bender that can only go forward in time

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I was trying to get an Alex Navarro emerging from a thermal vent but it just kept giving me either Alex Denton from dues ex, lfmao, or Jeff Gerstmann, both wearing a mass effect uniform I think.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

I was trying to get an Alex Navarro emerging from a thermal vent but it just kept giving me either Alex Denton from dues ex, lfmao, or Jeff Gerstmann, both wearing a mass effect uniform I think.

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'm Commander Gerstmann and this is my favorite shop on the citadel.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Bender's Big Score was fun but I don't think I watched the other movies. I've only seen a handful of episodes from the later seasons but the one I remember being really good and on par with the first few seasons is the one where Fry has a date with Leela but ends up in a time machine with Farnsworth and Bender that can only go forward in time

that one is probably the high point of the revival IMO.

i can't recommend disenchantment, but i' vaguely happy i gave it a chance. there's a running gag with a billy west-voiced jester that makes me think of fixins-like lurkers.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Plebian Parasite posted:

I know we're pretty much done with this but I typed in Bloodborne Ghibli

sick

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Nergigante posted:

this looks sort of like a goldsrc face texture and I love it lol.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
nice, a good thread for me to shill Succession in. just watched the first episode of the new season and its great. hbo is back :slick:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I finished Squid Game the other day. I'd give it a 7/10.. pretty drat good in spots. It got a little too goofy for me along the way, and the last 10 seconds of the finale pissed me off. Kind of disappointed because this could have been an amazing one-off series. Now there will be 8 seasons with decreasing quality until its put out of its misery.

Think I feel about the same, the stuff with the VIPs was absurdly bad and dragged the whole thing down. Weirdly I don't think they even jntended to make a sequel despite the ending but they're definitely going to do it now.

also lol that his hair change is apparently meant to symbolise his "rage" when it just made him look like a middle aged lesbian

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
watched anime sonny boy and its pretty cool but annoyingly allegorical. similar to oddtaxi in that way. i need fewer animes that spend every episode explaining to the viewer how reality is constructed from different perspectives

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
tier list of single season high concept existentialist animes that use allegory to explain the systems of reality and social interaction:

s tier: keep your hands of eizouken, space dandy
a tier: sonny boy, cowboy bebop, the tatami galaxy
b tier: oddtaxi, girls last tour
c tier: brand new animal

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ssss+: the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Fungah! posted:

ssss+: the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya

that is not a single season show.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

that is not a single season show.

neither is space dandy

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Fungah! posted:

neither is space dandy

loving got him

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

b_d posted:

loving got him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLcAu1VuP0w

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

neither is space dandy

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

tier list of single season high concept existentialist animes that use allegory to explain the systems of reality and social interaction:

s tier: keep your hands of eizouken, space dandy
a tier: sonny boy, cowboy bebop, the tatami galaxy
b tier: oddtaxi, girls last tour
c tier: brand new animal

Eizouken needs more seasons.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Been watching the Sopranos. Watched the first season as it aired, but moved and lost HBO. Decided it’s finally time to finish out the series.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Fungah! posted:

neither is space dandy

there was only one month between “seasons” so i count it

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

herculon posted:

Been watching the Sopranos. Watched the first season as it aired, but moved and lost HBO. Decided it’s finally time to finish out the series.

youre in for a treat. wish i could watch it again first time

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

herculon posted:

ganbatte, gonna finish season 3 tonight myself. stopped after Pine Barrens last time, might be my favorite ep so far

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

herculon posted:

Same except I never watched it before. I'm in season 2, it's so good

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Paulie Walnuts ftw

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I went through Sopranos early on in the pandemic and it gets better with every season. Early-mid '00s HBO was incredible

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

symbolic posted:

ganbatte, gonna finish season 3 tonight myself. stopped after Pine Barrens last time, might be my favorite ep so far

pine barrens is my next ep and i'm so pumper for it, ive heard for 20 years how good it is

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i've tried the sopranos twice and always stop around season 4 for some reason, i really have to finish it one of these days.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Yesterday I watched the episode where Tony goes to Naples with Paulie and Christopher and all Christopher wanted to do was see Mount Vesuvius but spent the entire time in the hotel conked out on heroin

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Also am I crazy or did they recast Pussy's wife. I don't remember her ever speaking before but I think it's a completely different actress this season

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Also am I crazy or did they recast Pussy's wife. I don't remember her ever speaking before but I think it's a completely different actress this season

pretty sure they did, i remember thinking that around then

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fungah! posted:

pine barrens is my next ep and i'm so pumper for it, ive heard for 20 years how good it is

a couple people hyped it up a lot for me before i watched it and it did not disappoint

e: remembering "The guy was an interior decorator."/ "His house looked like poo poo." and cracking up immediately, god-tier episode

symbolic fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Oct 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

herculon posted:

Paulie Walnuts ftw

This dude was a gangster irl so he basically just played an exaggerated version of himself

https://youtu.be/qxddINwarJk