Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

"In Training would have helped us," Pablo said, and tipped my TV over onto the floor before everyone left.

That does sound like me.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Bicyclops posted:

in the second dream, BBG had been arrested for trying to bomb Nintendo HQ and a bunch of Imps, all looking vaguely like real life versions of their avatars, showed up at my door demanding that I do something about it, that of course he had just been joking. I kept trying to explain that I couldn't fly to Japan in the middle of nowhere and everyone was extremely disappointed. "In Training would have helped us," Pablo said, and tipped my TV over onto the floor before everyone left.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

still running from the t-rex ai. what phase? same with your previous maze, sir

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

in the second dream, BBG had been arrested for trying to bomb Nintendo HQ and a bunch of Imps, all looking vaguely like real life versions of their avatars, showed up at my door demanding that I do something about it, that of course he had just been joking. I kept trying to explain that I couldn't fly to Japan in the middle of nowhere and everyone was extremely disappointed. "In Training would have helped us," Pablo said, and tipped my TV over onto the floor before everyone left.

lmfao

Sub-Actuality posted:

still running from the t-rex ai. what phase? same with your previous maze, sir

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Does anyone else slip into video game logic at random in non gaming dreams? I had a dream I was falling the other day and instead of waking up I just decided I had enough hit points to survive the fall damage.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

rodbeard posted:

Does anyone else slip into video game logic at random in non gaming dreams? I had a dream I was falling the other day and instead of waking up I just decided I had enough hit points to survive the fall damage.

a very dream thing for me is that you're watching something or playing video games and 10 seconds later, you're IN the thing you're watching or you're the guy in the video game, and you don't notice the shift until you wake up and think about it for a minute.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

rodbeard posted:

yeah I’ve had recurring dreams where I’m in a huge crowd of people and the “framerate” of the world drops

Bicyclops posted:

a very dream thing for me is that you're watching something or playing video games and 10 seconds later, you're IN the thing you're watching or you're the guy in the video game, and you don't notice the shift until you wake up and think about it for a minute.

e: this too, a lot

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Sometimes I have nightmares where I'm being attacked by horrible monsters of a sort, but I'm ultimately okay because if I concentrate really hard I can quicksave and quickload.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

Sometimes I have nightmares where I'm being attacked by horrible monsters of a sort, but I'm ultimately okay because if I concentrate really hard I can quicksave and quickload.

powers of game you wish you had in real life…

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Bicyclops posted:

same.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

This happens to me a lot

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

actually i would say that i don't spend time in one place and then move to the other one, i feel like i'm vaguely in both states the whole time, and sometimes i react as an observer and other times i'm in there.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

a little over a decade ago i had surgery and they may have overprescribed the opiates, and i had this high school dream where i realized i could quicksave and reload. and this girl i went to high school with was like "hey, you doing the dream reset? you wanna cut class?" and she and i went out and had a time out on the town. at the end of it, she was like "hey... this was really fun? do you wanna connect when we wake up? here, here's my phone number, this will work when you wake up, trust me,."

then i woke up and was like "awesome! gonna call her tomorrow" and then, in the morning, i realized what had happened while i was going through opiate withdrawal, lmao.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

b_d posted:

actually i would say that i don't spend time in one place and then move to the other one, i feel like i'm vaguely in both states the whole time, and sometimes i react as an observer and other times i'm in there.

yeah, that sounds more accurate.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

rodbeard posted:

in a dream a couple of nights ago, i was fistfighting someone nondescript when my perspective suddenly turned third-person and i stared at the camera(?) to think "gently caress, i failed the QTE" right as i took a haymaker to the side of the head

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Bicyclops posted:

then i woke up and was like "awesome! gonna call her tomorrow" and then, in the morning, i realized what had happened while i was going through opiate withdrawal, lmao.

sounds like the worst possible day to have.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

a little over a decade ago i had surgery and they may have overprescribed the opiates, and i had this high school dream where i realized i could quicksave and reload. and this girl i went to high school with was like "hey, you doing the dream reset? you wanna cut class?" and she and i went out and had a time out on the town. at the end of it, she was like "hey... this was really fun? do you wanna connect when we wake up? here, here's my phone number, this will work when you wake up, trust me,."

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

b_d posted:

sounds like the worst possible day to have.

it sucked so bad, lol. having a nightmare where sonic and mario eat your heart in a viscerally, terrifying way and you wake up screaming is way easier than having a dream where you play the greatest video game ever created and then your alarm clock wakes you up for work IMO, but maybe i'm just used to the former.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bicyclops posted:

i had a weird dream a while ago that I was staring at the highfleet map screen but it was an actual display table and I was slowly freezing to death hoping it would change lol. which started because I fell asleep playing it whole drunk. then I woke up and remembered I didn't have socks on and my feet were real cold

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

rodbeard posted:

Sometimes if I die in a dream, the dream just restarts from an earlier point. I can also rewind dreams sometimes, though that might not come specifically from video games.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

i had a weird dream a while ago that I was staring at the highfleet map screen but it was an actual display table and I was slowly freezing to death hoping it would change lol. which started because I fell asleep playing it whole drunk. then I woke up and remembered I didn't have socks on and my feet were real cold

lol, yeah. one of my most consistent dream things as an adult is that, in the middle of an unrelated dream, i'm in some kind of room filled with juice, sports drinks, water, etc. and i keep chugging and chugging, despite the fact that i' usually just coast through the day on coffee, and then i wake up and realize i need a drink of water.

also, one of the things the sleep research clinic was most interested in with me is that the only way i can fall asleep is if the bed is against the wall and i'm on the wall side of the bed. i pull the blanket fully over my head and wrap it around me with a tiny opening for my mouth and nose, and then use both arms to press the pillow over my face so that i can basically only breathe through the little slit between the mattress and the wall. back when i used to drink a lot more, i'd often have nightmares in which i'd be suffocating to death and wake up gasping to breathe only to realize i'd stuffed the blanket into my only source of oxygen.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

:dogstare:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Bicyclops cramming himself into the Amigara Fault to have hosed up gaming dreams every night ftw.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bicyclops posted:

lol, yeah. one of my most consistent dream things as an adult is that, in the middle of an unrelated dream, i'm in some kind of room filled with juice, sports drinks, water, etc. and i keep chugging and chugging, despite the fact that i' usually just coast through the day on coffee, and then i wake up and realize i need a drink of water.

also, one of the things the sleep research clinic was most interested in with me is that the only way i can fall asleep is if the bed is against the wall and i'm on the wall side of the bed. i pull the blanket fully over my head and wrap it around me with a tiny opening for my mouth and nose, and then use both arms to press the pillow over my face so that i can basically only breathe through the little slit between the mattress and the wall. back when i used to drink a lot more, i'd often have nightmares in which i'd be suffocating to death and wake up gasping to breathe only to realize i'd stuffed the blanket into my only source of oxygen.

my man you have a whole sleep pathology :how:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Bicyclops cramming himself into the Amigara Fault to have hosed up gaming dreams every night ftw.

lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bicyclops posted:

i've reread this like five times and i'm still having trouble visualizing it

SetSliRol
Apr 30, 2021

"The power of the Marfalump idea is it's one, simple idea. It's not about Pepsi or Star Wars. It's about a character that loves both."
One time I had a flying dream but it was like how you'd fly in VR where your like, body is just jumping up and down while you're in a static position, just doing big t posing jumps across a low res PS2 cityscape. Then I was in a restaurant that was the exact copy of the restaurant in the mall in Silent Hill 3 where you get a key from a cooked dog corpse. I immediately realized thats where I was, then realized that I was dreaming, abd my body fell into the floor and I began vibrating between the room and the nothing underneath. it was the closest thing ive gotten to lucid dreaming and my mind didn't like it I guess?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

And why don’t we ever play nightcrawlers anymore, Bicyclops?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

I always enjoy the hosed up dreams I get if my blood sugar is low (type 1 diabetic), the other night I had one where there was a giant plate of cakes and biscuits but it was on the other side of an ice rink and I was slipping and sliding trying to get to it, then the hourly clown training session started and I couldn't get away in time so the clowns were throwing banana peels etc at me which made me slip and slide further and by the time I made it to the other side they were out of cakes and they called me "clown victim" while laughing.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I always enjoy the hosed up dreams I get if my blood sugar is low (type 1 diabetic), the other night I had one where there was a giant plate of cakes and biscuits but it was on the other side of an ice rink and I was slipping and sliding trying to get to it, then the hourly clown training session started and I couldn't get away in time so the clowns were throwing banana peels etc at me which made me slip and slide further and by the time I made it to the other side they were out of cakes and they called me "clown victim" while laughing.

Lmao at the dream but also at getting better dreams when your health bar is flashing red like a true musou

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I once had a dream where I was getting beheaded by a terrorist or someone like that, who now that I think about it might have been using the master sword. It was realistic and I could feel myself dying, like my breathing was failing and everything was going dark as blood poured out of my throat. Then suddenly I remembered I had 2 lives left and respawned somewhere else, fully healthy and able to breathe once again.
Turns out it was because I’d rolled onto my stomach in my sleep with my face in the pillow and couldn’t breathe, then rolled back over.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

There was some sort of classic Pokemon revival/reboot and it started with Ash running through the streets of my hometown singing "I can't believe I'm back after 40 years" and then reuniting with Pikachu and the original starters for a parade and big musical number. My friends and I discussed it and came to the conclusion that the "40 years" must be because it was Ash's 40th birthday.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

There was some sort of classic Pokemon revival/reboot and it started with Ash running through the streets of my hometown singing "I can't believe I'm back after 40 years" and then reuniting with Pikachu and the original starters for a parade and big musical number. My friends and I discussed it and came to the conclusion that the "40 years" must be because it was Ash's 40th birthday.

lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

Lmao