Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

OnimaruXLR posted:

It's nice to know I can go ahead and continue rewatching Gargoyles instead

I will continue to be mad that the Gargoyles action figures aren't allowed to be sold outside the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
So unless I missed something, the Green Lantern HBO Max series was completely MIA from DC Fandome, even though I thought it started production some time ago. Wonder if that bodes ill for it.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

OnimaruXLR posted:

It's nice to know I can go ahead and continue rewatching Gargoyles instead

I assume you know this, but they both have the same show runner.

Greg Weisman.
(He also worked on Gummi Bears.)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Also Spectacular Spider-Man the best Marvel cartoon don't fuckin @ me

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Gaz-L posted:

I will continue to be mad that the Gargoyles action figures aren't allowed to be sold outside the US.

Why? Like not even on Ebay?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Blockhouse posted:

Also Spectacular Spider-Man the best Marvel cartoon don't fuckin @ me

It's pretty great, but I also think getting cancelled has piled onto the lore of Spectacular.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Box of Bunnies posted:

neat. i still haven't watched s2 or what's aired of s3 of Doom Patrol but i really enjoyed the first season

getting some Coagula in there would be nice

doom patrol is good

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Happy twentieth birthday to my bisexuality

https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1449269125369384960?s=20

site posted:

doom patrol is good

Really need to get back to it. I loved that first season

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Skwirl posted:

Anyone know if it was any good?

It's great. It's Gotham, but playing around with British comics and 60's television.

muscles like this! posted:

It kind of looks like this might be a soft reboot of the series because there's going to be a five year time skip between season 2 (which aired on Epix) and season 3 (which will be on HBO Max.)

Perhaps, but I can think of a few narrative reasons why they'd want to jump forward.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Anyone know why Doom Patrol never acknowledged Rachel Pollack along with the other past creators in the credits? It'd odd, particularly as season 2 absolutely used at least one thing from her run (the sex ghosts).

They seem to have gotten rid of that acknowledgment altogether in S3, which is also odd considering the strong debt it continues to owe to Morrison's run.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

That was quick

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
While I haven't seen it I hope some streaming service I subscribe to pucks it up.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

The first two seasons were mixed but season 3 has been straight up terrible.

Yeah I enjoyed season 1&2 this one, I think I'm done with the show now.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Medullah posted:

That was quick

The show was deep in development hell before Disney bought Fox and the fact it even ever came out is a miracle. Disney has been looking to cut and run on like 80% of all FX/FXX productions from before the merger so this isn't much of a surprise at all.

I do hope it finds somewhere else tho, it's not bad and got better as the season went on.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
tbh i haven't seen anybody talk about Y at all since the premier, which is generally a bad sign

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Seems like HBO Max would pick it up, with the DC connections at all.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

RevKrule posted:

The show was deep in development hell before Disney bought Fox and the fact it even ever came out is a miracle. Disney has been looking to cut and run on like 80% of all FX/FXX productions from before the merger so this isn't much of a surprise at all.

I do hope it finds somewhere else tho, it's not bad and got better as the season went on.

I don’t think that’s quite true as far as the “Disney looking to cut” part goes, they’ve been pretty clear and consistent that FX is absolutely crucial to building up Hulu (and now Star overseas). it’s probably more that it’s an expensive and troubled production whose viewership simply failed to meet expectations.

I liked the first four episodes but fell behind and never got around to catching up, guess I’m not alone in that.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

So they never got to the story where he visits a dominatrix, then? That’s all I remember aside from an astronaut blowing up in a wheat field.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

site posted:

tbh i haven't seen anybody talk about Y at all since the premier, which is generally a bad sign

Despite there being about 20 TV shows based on comic books airing every week we only talk about Marvel cartoons and their wider implications here.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
no i mean like anywhere

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
I loved Y, and was super excited about the show, and now that it's here, it's done perfectly well, I have no real complaints about the execution, and I'm really just not into it.

The show is actually making me retroactively wonder if the comic was ever as good as I remember it being.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Slugworth posted:

I loved Y, and was super excited about the show, and now that it's here, it's done perfectly well, I have no real complaints about the execution, and I'm really just not into it.

The show is actually making me retroactively wonder if the comic was ever as good as I remember it being.

I always thought the general plot would work best as like 2 movies or miniseries, not a multiple season tv show.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

15-20 years is a long time for gender politics and ideas about identity to develop, which I imagine was a concern in making the show, but it makes me reluctant to revisit the comic.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Loved the book, but my desire to watch post-apocalyptic anything has dropped dramatically over the past 18 months.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Y the Last Man just seemed way, way late. Even assuming they updated it well its just that the time when I was excited to see a Y the Last Man adaption was like 10 years ago at best. Now its just like some random thing I haven't though about in forever and have no idea if I'd still enjoy.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I read the books again recently and I think they hold up. People swear a lot in ways that popular media can't really get away with now, and Vaughan / Guerra don't really delve into the trans side of rhe narrative (though they're both cis, so...) but neither of those elements bothered me when I was reading it. They were trying to reflect the world back then, without talking about issues that they'd know nothing about.

It's a strong series.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Open Source Idiom posted:

I read the books again recently and I think they hold up. People swear a lot in ways that popular media can't really get away with now, and Vaughan / Guerra don't really delve into the trans side of rhe narrative (though they're both cis, so...) but neither of those elements bothered me when I was reading it. They were trying to reflect the world back then, without talking about issues that they'd know nothing about.

It's a strong series.

His newest series, Saga, is really good and LGBTQ+ is a huge part of it. You can tell he really cares about the community. I recommend that book to anyone, and it's finally coming back from it's 6 month break it started in 2018

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

the show that is somehow still happening, though I'm not quite sure why

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb72HBB1QbA

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Barry Convex posted:

I'm on board with this.

Was the ghost thing actually from the comics though, or is that something they did for the show?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1450760137036210176

Not terribly surprising.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Hard to read that text,did she say steam his crotch? What does that mean?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Probably use some sort of ironing equipment to blow steam on his pants to remove wrinkles... while he was still wearing the pants. I feel like I've heard this anecdote elsewhere during MeToo revelations.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

This is a shot in the dark, but I guess she means Roth was asking women to use a clothes steamer to get the wrinkles out of his trousers (including the crotch area) while he was still wearing them? :psyduck:

If that's true: what an absolute creep.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Why would you choose that font to talk about something so important?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Maybe she chose an ornate font so it would be hard to alter?

It does make it an effort to read, but maybe that's also her goal, to make people make an effort to think about what she's saying?

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Barry Convex posted:

I had no interest in this until I saw Fat Cobra

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Binary Badger posted:

Maybe she chose an ornate font so it would be hard to alter?

It does make it an effort to read, but maybe that's also her goal, to make people make an effort to think about what she's saying?

mission failed, i stopped reading.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

WBTV has responded to Rose by asserting that they were fired from Batwoman for their own on-set misconduct. The statement doesn't address any of Rose's specific allegations beyond calling them "revisionist history," so make of that what you will.

quote:

Warner Bros. TV issued its own fiery statement in response to the allegations, although it does not address the claims about working conditions on set or Rose being pushed to return to work following surgery. “Despite the revisionist history that Ruby Rose is now sharing online aimed at the producers, the cast and crew, the network, and the studio,” the statement reads, “the truth is that Warner Bros. Television had decided not to exercise its option to engage Ruby for season two of Batwoman based on multiple complaints about workplace behavior that were extensively reviewed and handled privately out of respect for all concerned.”

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Barry Convex posted:

WBTV has responded to Rose by asserting that they were fired from Batwoman for their own on-set misconduct. The statement doesn't address any of Rose's specific allegations beyond calling them "revisionist history," so make of that what you will.

Can't believe they didn't call it a retcon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Jamesman posted:

I'm on board with this.

Was the ghost thing actually from the comics though, or is that something they did for the show?

Monkey's mentor was also a ghost in the comic.

I can't comment much, but I worked on this show. It's good.