Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

:lol:

My company didn't actually write policy until a couple weeks ago, when someone finally popped positive. There is a specific line in it that states that anyone who recovered from COVID or is fully vaxxed, is asymptomatic, and pops positive does not need to quarantine. There's no way this can backfire.
This just goes to show that you shouldn't tell them you're vaccinated (lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
FYI for anyone here, CVS’s website still has the “waiting for CDC clearance” disclaimer, but when you click book appointment it has all booster availability for all 3 (which was not there yesterday). they basically will give anyone who is 6 months past Pfizer or Moderna a booster, 2+ months if you got J&J.

i scheduled mine today, it’s at least pretty pain free.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

mystes posted:

This just goes to show that you shouldn't tell them you're vaccinated (lol)

I just didn't fill out the form, it was labeled as "voluntary" after all :shrug:

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Duckman2008 posted:

FYI for anyone here, CVS’s website still has the “waiting for CDC clearance” disclaimer, but when you click book appointment it has all booster availability for all 3 (which was not there yesterday). they basically will give anyone who is 6 months past Pfizer or Moderna a booster, 2+ months if you got J&J.

i scheduled mine today, it’s at least pretty pain free.

Ah shoot. I just literally got an appointment today after work for an official booster shot.

I'm disappointed with my local Costco, they're completely full on gatekeeping the vaccines away (they even have a manager named Karen who gave me a hard time Wednesday)

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

NeonPunk posted:

Ah shoot. I just literally got an appointment today after work for an official booster shot.

I'm disappointed with my local Costco, they're completely full on gatekeeping the vaccines away (they even have a manager named Karen who gave me a hard time Wednesday)

weird. i mean, don’t get me wrong, they wouldn’t give me a booster until this morning when it was basically official (probably took them overnight), but now it seems fine. they’ll def check my vaccine card and dates, so you have to be in the official date range to get an official booster.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Pillowpants posted:

HHS Data for ICU Occupancy since 8/20

CRACK PING

*UTAH IS AT 127% OCCUPANCY* according to HHS data
News story to show over 100%
https://www.sltrib.com/news/2021/10/08/more-utahns-now-icus-than/

Alaska hits all time high of 92%
ID is at a 7 day high of 91%
RI is at a 7 day high of 88%
NE is at all time high of 86%
CO is at a 7 day high of 84%
NC, VT, IA at a 7 day high of 83%
MS is at a 7 day high of 82%
VA is at a 7 day high of 76%
SD is at a 7 day high of 70%
AZ is at a 7 day high of 65%

COVID IS OVER
Kentucky is at a low of 77%
Montana is at a 7 day low of 76%
West Virginia is at a low of 78%

New England - Average 79% occupied

CRACK PING

*UTAH IS AT 128% OCCUPANCY* according to HHS data
NE is at all time high of 90%
CO is at all time high of 88%
VT is at all time high of 86%
AZ is at all time high of 65%
NM is at 7 day high of 89%
DE is still at its 7 day high of 85%
NC is at 7 day high of 84%
KS is at 7 day high of 79%
SC/CA at 7 day high of 77%
NY at 7 day high of 72%
WY/WI at 7 day high of 68%
NJ at 7 day high of 48%

COVID IS OVER

VA is at October low of 72%
NV at 7 day low of 83%

https://twitter.com/patricklsimpson/status/1451528263801524230?s=20

Pillowpants fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Oct 22, 2021

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Covid is over is what I'm hearing from everyone. So why do I feel so bad and why is everything so bad?!??!! Im having economic anxiety

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Pillowpants posted:

CRACK PING

*UTAH IS AT 128% OCCUPANCY* according to HHS data

ah I see the mormons are following their marriage rules for covid housing

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Iron Crowned posted:

:lol:

My company didn't actually write policy until a couple weeks ago, when someone finally popped positive. There is a specific line in it that states that anyone who recovered from COVID or is fully vaxxed, is asymptomatic, and pops positive does not need to quarantine. There's no way this can backfire.

“Hey I’m sick”

“Have you recovered from covid or been vaccinated?”

“Yes, in that I had flu like symptoms at some point in the past five years, and no, in that I haven’t.”

“That’s great news, we’ll expect you in at the normal time.”

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I keep seeing that 85% capacity number for delaware icu and then I look at my 3rd largest hospital in delaware emergency room having 8 people waiting for an icu room to open.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Asproigerosis posted:

I keep seeing that 85% capacity number for delaware icu and then I look at my 3rd largest hospital in delaware emergency room having 8 people waiting for an icu room to open.

I'm seeing that discrepancy in news stories vs HHS reporting data in multiple states

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Asproigerosis posted:

hospital administrators would never misreport, would they? :thunk:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
boosters are live in VT, apparently

https://twitter.com/GovPhilScott/status/1451353933432168451

(i'm still a few weeks out from 6 months)

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Duckman2008 posted:

weird. i mean, don’t get me wrong, they wouldn’t give me a booster until this morning when it was basically official (probably took them overnight), but now it seems fine. they’ll def check my vaccine card and dates, so you have to be in the official date range to get an official booster.

I just think whoever run my local Costco is just a full on lib who get their jollies off on denying people. They even gave my mom a hard time yesterday when she went to get her booster. Even after she is very clearly overweight (she wears a muumuu, and use a cane to walk around), they were demanding her vaccination card, and told her "Do you even qualify for the booster at all?! She has asthma and lymphoma, but they still made her read over the list of various qualifications and insisted on penciling it on and made her sign two different forms before they were like "fiiiiine, we'll give you the shot"

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

skewetoo posted:

Covid is over is what I'm hearing from everyone. So why do I feel so bad and why is everything so bad?!??!! Im having economic anxiety

Walmart has their Christmas poo poo out now. Go shopping and touch all of it, then have a tasty dinner in a restaurant to get in the Christmas spirit.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Rynn posted:

Walmart has their Christmas poo poo out now. Go shopping and touch all of it, then have a tasty dinner in a restaurant to get in the Christmas spirit.

I've seen Christmas poo poo out for about 3 weeks now.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

I just didn't fill out the form, it was labeled as "voluntary" after all :shrug:
I mean if you don't tell them you're vaccinated and you test positive then won't they have to tell you to stay home regardless of the policy?

Obviously that doesn't help in cases where people other than you test positive though.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Yeah Christmas chocolates, panettone and mince pies are out for sale in Sydney supermarkets now.
Personally I like it when the Hot Cross Buns appear on January 2nd.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Helith posted:

Yeah Christmas chocolates, panettone and mince pies are out for sale in Sydney supermarkets now.
Personally I like it when the Hot Cross Buns appear on January 2nd.
We've actually looped around and the christmas goods that are on sale now are for 2022.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

mystes posted:

We've actually looped around and the christmas goods that are on sale now are for 2022.

Good, 2021 sucked
I have high hopes for 2022

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

For those of you who had bad reactions, switching from pfizer->moderna for the 3rd shot seems to work out:

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1451538379708018691

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://twitter.com/ConceptualJames/status/1451534503504191489

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

We'd absolutely do this in the U.S. if we could, but covid is too much of an uncontrolled tire fire to convincingly put the blame on a single patient. So instead we're just like "pandemic of the unvaccinated, everyone get a shot" for the last 5 months.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I'm the wonky nipples

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

The Candace Owens Liberation Army will save him!

mystes
May 31, 2006

Maybe they should do this but with the politicians who are trying to reopen various Australian states or whatever?

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

lol. Got a real wild dog on the loose here

Who is the “Don’t Be Like Duran” message for? Isn’t Australia basically as vaccinated as they are going to get ?

Going to be honest, having my face and “PUBLIC ENEMY No.1 “ beside it on the front page would be not the worst thing. Especially since it requires not actually doing anything.

E- not to mean his inactions don’t potentially have consequences, only that traditionally being labeled an enemy requires more effort

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Oct 22, 2021

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

BONGHITZ posted:

I just filled out the form on the cvs web site and went and got my booster, no fuss involved
:hai: cvs is the way to go for boosters

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/CarlHigbie/status/1451540596175380489
https://twitter.com/CarlHigbie/status/1451541278995406849
https://twitter.com/CarlHigbie/status/1451364360224391170

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Tzen posted:

speaking of ppe,
went and got a haircut today, before poo poo Gets Bad
went to the only place that was open late in the evening

(not me, but a photo he has printed on his card/pamplets)

in awe of my mans ppe

we talked about how dumb everything is, the usa's continued failure of a response, about respirators, good masks, the works
"i got my jabs, i got my booster, BUT THAT WON'T STOP THE VIRUS, YOU NEED A PHYSICAL BARRIER, why don't people understand this man"

it was so refreshing to have a real life conversation with someone that can see reality for what it really is, and had a similar mindset to everyone who posts/reads this thread

this is great good for you, it’s very nice to encounter like minded people in random settings

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

boosters are live in VT, apparently

https://twitter.com/GovPhilScott/status/1451353933432168451

(i'm still a few weeks out from 6 months)

It is now everyone's civic duty in VT to get a booster. It is morally repugnant to not get a booster if you live in VT.

Everyone in a state not giving boosters is morally repugnant for trying to go off the approved government schedule.

The only person doing it right is me. Everyone else are booster sinners. Amen.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

PostNouveau posted:

It is now everyone's civic duty in VT to get a booster. It is morally repugnant to not get a booster if you live in VT.

Everyone in a state not giving boosters is morally repugnant for trying to go off the approved government schedule.

The only person doing it right is me. Everyone else are booster sinners. Amen.

:hai:

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
https://twitter.com/systemofadown/status/1451298227446169601?t=BA9PGLF822gParsCUc2w3A&s=19

Virions in the sky

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1451545243619401730

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

drat, I guess epidemiologists were right to predict a seasonal COVID Serj

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
[COVID-19] seasonal covid Serj

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
Welp we got our boosters at the 4 month mark in August hope the titers are maxed anyways

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

So, like, I got a PCR test yesterday and it came back negative. Dumbshit colleague came in Friday and Saturday last week, symptomatic on Saturday. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week I've been working with some of the people she exposed last week. The official guidelines say they should just keep coming to work until they pop positive. Close contacts are recommended testing on the second and sixth day. I should probably get another test, right? Guess I could also wait to see if any of them pop positive on their second test. I'm supposed to go back on Monday, though.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Have my booster+flu shot scheduled for this afternoon

I am prepared to get trucked over by them and it will own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

SplitSoul posted:

So, like, I got a PCR test yesterday and it came back negative. Dumbshit colleague came in Friday and Saturday last week, symptomatic on Saturday. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week I've been working with some of the people she exposed last week. The official guidelines say they should just keep coming to work until they pop positive. Close contacts are recommended testing on the second and sixth day. I should probably get another test, right? Guess I could also wait to see if any of them pop positive on their second test. I'm supposed to go back on Monday, though.

I do one test if I kind of feel like I have a cold, two if I think I've been in contact with someone who's infected. I think people in here might recommend three, but however many you take wait a couple days after contact before testing or it won't be as accurate.

At my job they said they were going to send home entire teams if one of them tested positive. They did that once, covering for them nearly killed the manager, and the policy was never mentioned again