Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

[throws my jacket over your head and quickly rushes you out of the thread before everyone else sees this post] go! Run!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

[throws my jacket over your head and quickly rushes you out of the thread before everyone else sees this post] go! Run!!

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

RIP

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I read The Hounds of Tindalos over my linchbreak and this exchange in it was really funny to me.

quote:

"Then you do not entirely despise science."

"Of course not." he affirmed. "I merely distrust the scientific positivism of the past fifty years, the positivism of Haeckel and Darwin and of Mr. Bertrand Russell. I believe that biology has failed pitifully to explain the mystery of man's origin and destiny."

"Give them time," I retorted.

Chalmers' eyes glowed. "My friend." he murmured, "your pun is sublime. Give them time. That is precisely what I would do. But your modern biologist scoffs at time. He has the key but he refuses to use it. What do we know of time, really? Einstein believes that it is relative, that it can be interpreted in terms of space, of curved space. But must we stop there? When mathematics fails us can we not advance by—insight?"

"You are treading on dangerous ground," I replied. "That is a pitfall that your true investigator avoids. That is why modern science has advanced so slowly. It accepts nothing that it cannot demonstrate. But you—"

"I would take hashish, opium, all manner of drugs. I would emulate the sages of the East. And then perhaps I would apprehend—"

"What?"

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

that story is cool. he has such a fun time getting high as gently caress and seeing dinosaurs and then monsters have to come along and ruin it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

quote:

When mathematics fails us can we not advance by—insight?"
Holy poo poo... this man's a fellow gamer. Bloodborne ftw

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

hounds of tindalos is so sick. i read it late night while stoned and tspent the next day like

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

hounds of tindalos is so sick. i read it late night while stoned and tspent the next day like

Lol know what this rear end is doing while listening to a yacht rock album tonight.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Lol know what this rear end is doing while listening to a yacht rock album tonight.

bookmark this sucker btw. cool story about dreaming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm1iH6EIMAA

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

:pwn:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

did anyone here watch Room 104. I've had a need for that kind of thing since it ended but I've never been able to find anything close.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Decided to check out The Wind. I’ll let you know if it gets to be more than a western version of The Vvitch.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Nope, it gets worse. Ah well.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

bookmark this sucker btw. cool story about dreaming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm1iH6EIMAA

Ligotti is the best living horror writer. I think it's time for a re-read.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Finally finished reading Dune. This movie better be good

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Dune movie was pretty good. Javier Bardem is always awesome

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Alec Baldwin killed a woman

https://www.avclub.com/crew-member-killed-in-accident-on-set-of-alec-baldwin-w-1847913856

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

gently caress. Just saw the GBS thread. Crazy poo poo.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

By prop gun, do they mean real gun?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

supposedly it was a big plump junebug that crawled into the gun barrel. probably just wanted to hang out in the shade for a little. just terrible

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

olimar using his whistle and various sprays to expertly guide the rock pikmin into the chambers of the revolver before the timer reaches zero and the prop master returns

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

HolePisser1982 posted:

supposedly it was a big plump junebug that crawled into the gun barrel. probably just wanted to hang out in the shade for a little. just terrible

is this real

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

b_d posted:

is this real

is anything?. *disappears into my cloak with green text code on it, laughing evily"

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

b_d posted:

is this real

Yeah.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

b_d posted:

is this real

until the coroners report can refute it

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the whole thing loving sucks. like, that's going to gently caress him up for the rest of his life too, probably. I keep thinking of the "which knot did you tie?" scene from the Prestige, wild there was a real world example in 2021

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Started watching the JoJo anime, I've heard people say to skip ahead to Stardust Crusaders but I'm enjoying season one just fine.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

P-Mack posted:

Started watching the JoJo anime, I've heard people say to skip ahead to Stardust Crusaders but I'm enjoying season one just fine.

those people are trash, the ehole thng kicks rear end

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

P-Mack posted:

they also said this aboutr the manga, and they were also wrong

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

P-Mack posted:

who the gently caress says that lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The new AA made me start rereading the collected Sherlock Holmes books I got, it's a cool annotated edition that includes a lot of trivia from Sherlockheads.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Adventure of the Speckled Band has an appendix fully about people's speculation of what exactly is the poisonous snake in the case because it doesn't really fit any description of an IRL snake and one of them includes a "specially-trained Gila Monster".

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Once you've read all the short stories definitely check out the Granada TV series starring Jeremy Brett. He's the definitive Holmes imo and the adaptations are really faithful to the source material. There's also a really good Soviet series from the late '70s. I'm pretty sure all the episodes are still on YouTube

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The other day I was at Walmart looking at magic cards and a 10 year old kid came to look for Pokemon cards and then started talking to me about how he loves fighting anime and JJBA was his favorite but Pokemon is the only anime you don't get made fun of at school for watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012