Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

i liked that show but i never watched the last episode for some reason lol

i watched the first season but i can't remember a thing about how it ended for some reason so i haven't gone back for season 2. i remember there being a lot of surprises and twists toward the end. natasha lyonne having a majora's mask is a great concept to jump off of, though. they keep doing "self-aware millenial experiences groundhog day" for movies now and i think it's because of that show's moderate success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Fungah! posted:

oh poo poo i just realized new lupin the iii starts saturday

Cool.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Russian Doll was cool. Dragged a little in parts but the main actor carries it. I didn't understand the ending though lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
natasha lyonne is a really good actor for sure.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Finished season one of JJBA. Phantom Blood owned cause Dio was an awesomely unlikable jackass from start to finish, Battle Tendency owned cause JoJo was an awesomely likeable jackass from start to finish.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Fungah! posted:

its 3.0 + 1.0

truly less than the sum of its parts, the F-35 of anime

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

:blastu:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Get the gently caress out of here, BeanpolePeckerwood.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

watched cannon film group’s extremely failed attempt at indiana jones money. kinda fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MMshCVkS2E

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Get the gently caress out of here, BeanpolePeckerwood.

no u bitch

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Don’t post where I can see it until you have not the worst avatar on earth. Bitch.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Don’t post where I can see it until you have not the worst avatar on earth. Bitch.

it's my new favorite thing

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

gbs

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

aids

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

im like 20min into The Fan and loving it. deniro’s baseball poem at the beginning is so loving funny

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The clip I saw of him saying Bob is really funny but I keep forgetting to watch the movie.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

sports dad who’s goijg extremely psycho is such a fun character

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

HolePisser1982 posted:

watched cannon film group’s extremely failed attempt at indiana jones money. kinda fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MMshCVkS2E

isn't a major reason the Raimi Spider-Man trilogy exists because of Cannon? was trying to remember where i heard the name before and i think it was that

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

P-Mack posted:

Finished season one of JJBA. Phantom Blood owned cause Dio was an awesomely unlikable jackass from start to finish, Battle Tendency owned cause JoJo was an awesomely likeable jackass from start to finish.

A lot of people don't like Kars but I thought his turn from stoic badass to absolute loving freak was cool

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

symbolic posted:

isn't a major reason the Raimi Spider-Man trilogy exists because of Cannon? was trying to remember where i heard the name before and i think it was that

cannon films are legendary. highlander, cobra, breakin 2, masters of the universe, superman 4, bloodsport, the list goes on

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://youtu.be/g9A6ctjHAxE

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

scary ghost dog posted:

cannon films are legendary. highlander, cobra, breakin 2, masters of the universe, superman 4, bloodsport, the list goes on

oh i watched Masters of the Universe a few years ago, that'd probably be it. utterly great camp. Frank Langella ftw

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Plebian Parasite posted:

A lot of people don't like Kars but I thought his turn from stoic badass to absolute loving freak was cool

I loved it cause Wham at least respected honorable battle with worthy opponents, and Esidisi was a dick but went all out to his last breath for the sake of his comrades, but then Kars turns out to be just a complete and utter shithead with no respect for anyone but himself.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Dune was good. I liked how they only explained the plot necessary bits and left all the other weird poo poo in there for people unfamiliar to go "wtf is that"

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
The eva reboot kinda sucks. The og series holds up very well tho imo

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
gently caress you!

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

A dune anime might have potential, now that I think about it. Doubtful that any movie or TV series could last until the last handful of books though, with the uh... worms and such.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

palindrome posted:

A dune anime might have potential, now that I think about it. Doubtful that any movie or TV series could last until the last handful of books though, with the uh... worms and such.

Nausicaa is heavily dune-inspired

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

fridge corn posted:

The eva reboot kinda sucks. The og series holds up very well tho imo

suck my dick

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

gently caress you!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i watched Mare of Eastown and it was pretty good but also really intense. hbo has been hit or miss since the max service rolled out but the crime dramas have all been good IMO.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

i watched Mare of Eastown and it was pretty good but also really intense. hbo has been hit or miss since the max service rolled out but the crime dramas have all been good IMO.

Yeah it was good. Evan Peters getting domed was a real holy poo poo moment

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Yeah it was good. Evan Peters getting domed was a real holy poo poo moment

yeah, that's a real drop the popcorn moment, lol. i think in any other show, i would have thought the last minute reveal about who the actual killer was was kind of unnecessary and edgy, but it worked really well with all the character stuff they were doing. mare was definitely their strongest, but the two they did with nicole kidman (the undoing and big little lies - at least, the first season) were also solid. i stopped after the first season of True Detective and now i sort of wonder if i should keep going.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Bicyclops posted:

I enjoyed it, but didn’t like how the show had to make everyone seem like a suspect regardless of how far fetched it had to get

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Bicyclops posted:

yeah, that's a real drop the popcorn moment, lol. i think in any other show, i would have thought the last minute reveal about who the actual killer was was kind of unnecessary and edgy, but it worked really well with all the character stuff they were doing. mare was definitely their strongest, but the two they did with nicole kidman (the undoing and big little lies - at least, the first season) were also solid. i stopped after the first season of True Detective and now i sort of wonder if i should keep going.

Maybe skip the second season of True Detective, but the third season is worth a watch

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

True Detective S1 is one of the best tv shows I've ever seen. We gave up 20 minutes into the first episode of S2 lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i skipped true detective because hannibal was on tv at the same time and it made true detective look amateurish, visually

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the first season is really good and the second season is OK but has absolutely nothing to do with even the basic themes of the first season. it's not even about the same kind of burnout loser cop. im pretty sure it was somebody's new project that didn't get greenlit so they just branded it as the second season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i should pick up hannibal one of these days, i liked bryan fuller's other shows and hannibal seems to be the only time that his constant fighting with the producers didn't result in either a cancellation or him rage-quitting.