Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ArfJason posted:

excuse me you stupid bitch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

voice of cards is out now, just grabbed it. was really impressed with the demo, cant wait to sink some time into it this weekend

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

you unlock the ability to escape from random battles like halfway through wild arms 3. God this game kicks rear end I never expected to actually be allowed to escape from battles after all this time

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

extremebuff posted:

voice of cards is out now, just grabbed it. was really impressed with the demo, cant wait to sink some time into it this weekend

It's good.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

In Training posted:

you unlock the ability to escape from random battles like halfway through wild arms 3. God this game kicks rear end I never expected to actually be allowed to escape from battles after all this time

I don’t think I’ve ever reached that point, really need to play this again. I don’t know why I keep stopping

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
i only ever rented it so i have no idea how far in i ever was, but it felt like a super long game. i'm a little intimidated by older jrpgs after dq11 made all my dreams come true.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

extremebuff posted:

*with an incredibly large offputting smile on my face* you should post a thread, with your thoughts as you play through it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got the tude now posted:

i only ever rented it so i have no idea how far in i ever was, but it felt like a super long game. i'm a little intimidated by older jrpgs after dq11 made all my dreams come true.

it doesn't seem too long, but def longer than 1 or 2. I also think the in game timer is off though, like it doesn't count during cutscenes and dialogue and such.

it also constantly displays your time played in the bottom left hand corner and it's kind of tacky and distracting lol. Weird game.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

That new Dungeon Encounters game by Ito Hiroyuki looks cool but £25 is steep for something that was clearly made on the budget of one corporate lunch lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

*with an incredibly large offputting smile on my face* you should post a thread, with your thoughts as you play through it

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

In Training posted:

it doesn't seem too long, but def longer than 1 or 2. I also think the in game timer is off though, like it doesn't count during cutscenes and dialogue and such.

it also constantly displays your time played in the bottom left hand corner and it's kind of tacky and distracting lol. Weird game.

did you notice the intro changes as you progress? love that kind of thing

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got the tude now posted:

did you notice the intro changes as you progress? love that kind of thing

Oh drat that's cool, I've been playing the PS4 version and just resuming from suspend so I haven't seen the intro other than the first time I booted it up. I'll have to watch them on YouTube

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
lol at that gif but also... is he sitting with Emmet motherfucking Selch??

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

ArfJason posted:

lol at that gif but also... is he sitting with Emmet motherfucking Selch??

nah that gif is from 1.0 or 2.0

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Idk what that means. Bye.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

They're version numbers. Emet-Selch wasn't introduced until the end of Stormblood so that was around version 4.5. That GIF predates that by several years.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnGck-w0PGs

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

maybe emet-selch was hanging around before. you don't know.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I do know. But it's not my job to educate you.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Kongming posted:

I do know. But it's not my job to educate you.

what if he paid you

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Immense Sack.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

b_d posted:

maybe emet-selch was hanging around before. you don't know.

now that's hosed up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the middle(?) of wild arms 3 climaxes to some extremely wild poo poo that everyone seems to shrug off in the span of nice afternoon nap. I thought it was about to be this game's World of Ruin moment but as far as I can tell nobody really cares about what just happened lol. Cool

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

am a good amount into voice of cards. getting the feeling it's on the shorter side of jrpgs, and also it owns. the writing is very good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I completely forgot I ordered that bitmap JRPG book until I just got a shipping notification that it’ll be here on Wednesday. Hoipe

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
divinity 2 was pretty hard but now i can make an endless amount of scrolls that reset all cooldowns and cost nothing to use. thank u to the devs for making True Easy Mode harder to find so i feel like less of a wimp,

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wild arms 3 gets progressively worse as it goes especially story wise but I think Im on the last dungeon anyway so I shall use cheesy Full Carrot + Violator strats to obliterate the last few bosses.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I completely forgot I ordered that bitmap JRPG book until I just got a shipping notification that it’ll be here on Wednesday. Hoipe

*big guy tears off shirt on camera and flexes* HOI- *gets domed by mike uyama's compliance brigade*

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

SMTV leaked early, be wary of spoilers friends.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

beat voice of cards and it is a very good game. seen comparisons to card games because of the aesthetic (????) it's closer to dragonquest than anything.

on switch it slows down loading battles a bit, and it's kind of a slow game overall, but it feels like it's on purpose, and it doesn't overstay its welcome at ~15 hours. great story and writing, would love dlc or a sequel

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

oh hell yeah thanks for reminding me too lol

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
kings there is a rpg coming out tomorrow or friday....who else is getting it?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

How do you do, fellow kings?

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Look at this loving joker right here

In all seriousness is smt similar to persona or is it more traditional

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

worms butthole guy fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Nov 11, 2021

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fixins posted:

kings there is a rpg coming out tomorrow or friday....who else is getting it?

please don't post like this, or better yet, at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fixins posted:

Look at this loving joker right here

In all seriousness is smt similar to persona or is it more traditional

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

fuckin poser lmfao