Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Jesus we got walloped by this storm last night. Currently sitting in a dark office using my work cell as a tether because no one has electricty and I can't use pto for another 30 days or so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

These weather issues should make the Dynamite in Boston tonight somewhat interesting?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Critical posted:

Jesus we got walloped by this storm last night. Currently sitting in a dark office using my work cell as a tether because no one has electricty and I can't use pto for another 30 days or so

They should really just send everyone home.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_rY6gn7GNM

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

They should really just send everyone home.

One would think. We just got internet back at least.

Might be a few less people at Dynamite but unless the T goes down it won't be too bad. Kinda glad I was fiscally responsible and decided not to go tbh.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
fishcam is back. its real good

https://twitter.com/oceanexplorer/status/1453337456665837571

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TIL John Gotti shot Curtis Sliwa over a radio show.

Also Las Vegas is filthy. Who the gently caress enjoys this.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

are ppl who say "always side with labor" pro-life/anti-choice?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Booooooooo

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Cavauro posted:

are ppl who say "always side with labor" pro-life/anti-choice?

I sensibly chuckled.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I am watching Spawn. It is a mess. HBO tried to sanitize the dated language but the captions are on and they show the original script. So "get away you fudge-packing midget became "get away from me you foul-smelling maggot." (spoiled for slurs, but you sould be surprised which ones!

Seems a very surprising thing for HBO of all places to do, especially for a movie that no one will watch because it sucks such abject poo poo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bluedeanie posted:

Spawn.... it sucks such abject poo poo.

You're only saying that because it's an accurate description of the film :smugbert:

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Just you wait til the reboot comes out in 2008

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Editing poo poo is how culturally we got caught in a cycle of remakes and fan service that rot away whatever cultural contributions humanity had left post internet it’s a drag.

but anyway i’m playing shining force for the 100th time and god there has never been a more unfair strategy rpg, I say this as someone who has beaten the game too many times to count, just completely biased against the player to a hilarious point. I can’t count how many times i’ll dominate the enemy army only to have their last guy dodge 17 attacks in a row and wipe out my entire team. even when you break the game via insane OCD leveling strategies you will still sometimes just load the game in can’t win mode.

oddly reseting usually gives you a better RNG if it’s obviously biased.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I am now officially a drugs tourist. I just can’t get over how grimey Vegas is. Walked by an elevator with the word TITTIES scrawled on it.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

coconono posted:

Also Las Vegas is filthy. Who the gently caress enjoys this.

is it san francisco filthy? because that's the absolute most disgusting foulass wretched city ive ever loving visited

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

graph posted:

is it san francisco filthy? because that's the absolute most disgusting foulass wretched city ive ever loving visited

I haven’t done San Francisco yet. Only LA and San Diego.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Lotta piss in la. Lotta piss

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Yeah I noticed public urination was kind of a hobby.

Vegas seems to frown on that but I think it’s a Union thing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I know two different people who lived in Vancouver, one said it was the most wonderful and amazing city they'd ever been in and the other said it was a drug-addled hell-hole and utterly filthy. It's possible the first person loved utterly filthy drug-addled hell-holes though, I don't know.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Jerusalem posted:

I know two different people who lived in Vancouver, one said it was the most wonderful and amazing city they'd ever been in and the other said it was a drug-addled hell-hole and utterly filthy. It's possible the first person loved utterly filthy drug-addled hell-holes though, I don't know.

Both are true, depends on where in Vancouver you live.

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!
With the live-action version coming out soon, I noticed that the original Cowboy Bebop is available on Netflix and so, I’ve decided to watch it.

Are the opening credits of Archer a deliberate parody/homage to the opening credits of Cowboy Bebop? They seem very similar.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Dr. Dirt posted:

Are the opening credits of Archer a deliberate parody/homage to the opening credits of Cowboy Bebop? They seem very similar.

yes

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Yeah, I'm not sure if I've ever been to a city where you can see such a 180 just by walking down a particular street than Vancouver. Particularly striking since it's Canada.

I guess one upside of living in the UK is that we get to do all of our drugs tourism in the Netherlands, where I've never had a bad trip (lolol).

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
I lived near the big arena in Vancouver when I lived there, so it was definitely livably nice but there were a lot of homeless people. Nobody ever bothered me though, except one person who came up to my table while I was eating a meal and said "I know you're CIA!" and then walked away. Poor dude.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Hey everybody I finally sold my house and I'm about to move across the country. I'll be driving over the next 2 days for a total of 12 hours taking A uhaul and I just wanted to let you know in case something happens, which I doubt, that that you guys are awesome and I've really enjoyed knowing yall. But I'm sure everything will be fine I'll check in when I'm all settled up in Indiana on Saturday.

Love
Shard

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

you should have timed that day long probation better imo

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

jesus WEP posted:

you should have timed that day long probation better imo

Lol that was unplanned. Honestly didn't see the problem it was just a lovely picture of Jade and a variant on the this goes out to x and only x meme. I thought it was funny :shrug:

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Yeah, not sure why this was a probation. But that is life on the somethingawful dot com forums sometimes.
You should do it again to coincide with your move, good luck.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Oct 29, 2021

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

IGgy IGsen posted:

Yeah, not sure why this was a probation. But that is life on the somethingawful dot com forums sometimes.
You should do it again to coincide with your move, good luck.
The pact is sealed and fulfilled. Check out AEW thread

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
You aren't a posting martyr for posting AEW thirst traps.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hero wouldn't be too strong of a word though. You're definitely a hero Shard.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

There’s a subforum where, as long as you pay the Shaq Tax, you can post as many Cargill Thirst Tweets as your heart desires.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Good luck with moving that poo poo sucks but it’s a huge relief when it’s done

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Shard posted:

The pact is sealed and fulfilled. Check out AEW thread

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

im in the muddle ofna halloween xoom work party and theyre doing slow sad songs for karaoke and i need to let out my bottled up cringe

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yea ok posted:

im in the muddle ofna halloween xoom work party and theyre doing slow sad songs for karaoke and i need to let out my bottled up cringe

sounds truly awful

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i thought itd be like the monster mash or some nigjtmqre before christmas songs but it was evanescence and other crap

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

yea ok posted:

i thought itd be like the monster mash or some nigjtmqre before christmas songs but it was evanescence and other crap

not even the title track from “Ghostbusters”?

condolences that you have to work with a bunch of lamewads, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

work zoom karaoke is a terrifying phrase