Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Real Mean Queen posted:

I still have my stupid little sanitizer thing I do after I have to touch the thing at the 711, and I realize that’s just a holdover from when that was still considered to be a good covid strategy and I laugh at myself about it sometimes, but it’s also a profoundly gross 711 and a little sanitizer wouldn’t have been a bad thing walking out of there before covid.

It’s kind of funny to be a respirator guy and say “oh and I also have a precaution I take that isn’t necessary, but I do it anyway.”

I still wear gloves when I go shopping, it's actually kinda nice when I occasionally touch something and oops! It's sticky. Not to mention who knows where the guy who touched that door last stuck his fingers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
grats max, you got added to the dictionary :toot:

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

Whoolighams posted:

Lol my manager told us this morning the guy who retired from my office that was hospitalized from covid got intubated and died overnight aaaaaaand nobody is acting any differently, no masks anywhere

yeah, its an endemic duh

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Whoolighams posted:

Lol my manager told us this morning the guy who retired from my office that was hospitalized from covid got intubated and died overnight aaaaaaand nobody is acting any differently, no masks anywhere

make sure to toast him with one of your bottomless mimosas this Sunday before kickoff. Open Biden.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

COVID is over bro.

Especially for that dude.

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

squeezin out a little dollop of paste for my fallen bros

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

The Lord of Terror

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Joementum posted:

Goetta...

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mr. Pizza posted:

yeah, its an endemic duh

I lolled how the CDC definition of high-risk environment was just things like a hospital.

This is when you have an endemic virus and lots of companies doing return to work ASAP with no additional protection for employees.

mystes
May 31, 2006

I wonder if "vaccine hesitant" people will be more okay with an inhaled vaccine just because it doesn't involve a needle?

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

mystes posted:

I wonder if "vaccine hesitant" people will be more okay with an inhaled vaccine just because it doesn't involve a needle?

Lmao

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Pillowpants posted:

HHS Data for ICU Occupancy since 8/20

Critical Staffing Shortage
1055 Hospitals say Yes – 1100 say Yes within 7 days
4086 say no – 3989 say no within 7 days
957 didn’t report, and 959 didn’t report 7 days from now.

“ICU adults Confirmed and suspected COVID = 16,748 (-182 from yesterday)”
“ICU adults Confirmed COVID= 14,649 (-196 from yesterday)”
“Total Adults Hospitalized C&S Covid =49276” (-880)
“Total Adults Hospitalized Confirmed =44300”(-791)
“Total Pediatric Hospitalized C&S Covid =1,369” (-16)
“Total Pediatric Hospitalized Confirmed =758” (+9)

ALL TIME HIGH
NM (94%)
MA (84%)
ME (81%)
OCTOBER High
NV (88%)
KS (81%)
OR 78%
7 DAY HIGH
AL 89%
HI 80%
WA 79%
ND 78%
LA 76%
IN 75%
MD 71% IL 67% CT 59%

ALL TIME LOW
OCTOBER LOW

7 Day Low
CO (84%)
UT (73%)

SIGNIFICANT CHANGES
Legend: 90%+ = Red, 80% = Orange, 70% = Yellow, Light green =50+, dark green = New Jersey

Orange->Red: ID/NM
Red->Orange: N/A
Yellow->Orange: NC, IA, ME, KS, HI, MN
Orange->Yellow: N/A
Light Green->Yellow: N/A

HHS Data for ICU Occupancy since 8/20
*Starting November first, I'm switching from "Month High" to 30 day high"

Critical Staffing Shortage
986 Hospitals say Yes – 1079 say Yes within 7 days
4042 say no – 3947 say no within 7 days
1142 didn’t report, and 1144 didn’t report 7 days from now.

“ICU adults Confirmed and suspected COVID = 16,607 (-141 from yesterday)”
“Total Adults Hospitalized C&S Covid =48741” (-535)
“Total Pediatric Hospitalized C&S Covid =1,370” (+1)
*Since they just put this in the tracker, there are 467 people hospitalized with the Flu, 35 in the ICU

ALL TIME HIGH
NM (95%)
NH/VT (86%)
AZ 67%

OCTOBER High
LA 76%

7 DAY HIGH
RI (87%)
MI (83%)
OH/WA 80%
TN 78%
CA 77%
SD 69%
CT 59%
NJ 48%

ALL TIME LOW

OCTOBER LOW
OK (82%)
WV 76%
7 Day Low
MT (79%)
MS 77%

New Found Power
Aug 18, 2005

As in atom bomb... As in nuclear fission.. As in the end of the world.

Joementum posted:

Is the fauxhawk still a thing

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Anders Tegnell warns against large spread of COVID in Eastern Europe. You might remember him from such hits as "Let's try for natural herd immunity" and "Whoops, I've killed a lot of elderly people, oh well".

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.
Age 5-11 vaccine appointments are starting in the states, or at least our pediatrician's office is confident enough all this is going to happen that they called us. We have an appt on the 16th.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
the apartment building next door opened up a "working space", which is really just a conference room with a bunch of tables that you can reserve to work in and they give you free wifi

I took the opportunity to reserve a spot and I worked there this afternoon for three hours, partly to give my wife some time alone by herself, and also because I've had a laptop bag full of accoutrements accumulated since last year that I've wanted to use to prove to myself that I could set-up and work from anywhere with a good enough internet connection if I needed to

wore my respirator the entire time, didn't get up to eat nor drink nor pee. I also brought along a CO2 meter to check ventilation - air quality was fine, and I was the only person in there the whole time so it probably didn't matter regardless

I actually ran out of work after hour 2, and I got to test for the first time getting to game on my potato laptop via a game streaming service on public internet and it works surprisingly well

it's not something I'd really want to do if I don't have to, but it's nice to know the option is there. And I've now resolved to bring my CO2 meter in my bag wherever I go so I can check ventilation in other places

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

mystes posted:

you can't use dart guns with an inhaled vaccine so it's not gonna help at all, sorry

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
getting my third pfizer today because i'm a dumbass.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

mystes posted:

Some people will, yeah.

I mean the mrna vaccines do have reports of slightly weird side effects like messing with lady times and people do the opposite of the stanford marshmallow experiment when looking at risks. "this will probably make me feel bad for a day or two and could have some minor weird effects, but I might not get the virus at all and if I do I might not even get sick!" is the inverse of "take the marshmallow in front of me instead of waiting for two marshmallows".

Anyways a new vaccine with a different mechanism could allay some concerns and bump the vax percentage by a few percent.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I want to get a booster jab in my arm while simultaneously getting a booster spritz into my schnoz

i call it, the menage a titers

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Just posting to say that I legitimately do miss going out for brunch lmao

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

External Organs posted:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

External Organs posted:

I just make french toast and day drink, it's p good

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

External Organs posted:

what I like to do on the weekends is to have lunch at 2 PM so the outdoor balconies are already mostly empty because everyone's already done eating

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Snoo wen

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Failed Imagineer posted:

I just make french toast and day drink, it's p good

I made pumpkin spice waffles last weekend.

Not a drinker myself but I miss a well made eggs Benedict on some good bread.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Can we post our breakfasts tomorrow y'all? Might be fun!

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

incredible ad placement

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

mod sassinator posted:

it's so nice that fomite transmission is such a nothingburger with covid, because god drat all the hand washing, cleaning, etc. would have gotten really old really fast

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
guess time to plan a Iran trip for a little nose spritz

sonatinas fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Oct 29, 2021

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

External Organs posted:

there's a place near me that does a mean eggs in purgatory and i do miss that. but my alcohol consumption has dropped to almost nothing, so i probably couldn't even handle brunch now

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

External Organs posted:

brunch is delicious. some eggs benedict with a bloody mary while commiserating with hungover friends? I miss it too

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

not brunch so much but i do miss a gastropub burger or a few rolls of sushi with gyoza and 3 beers

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Stevie Lee posted:

there's a place near me that does a mean eggs in purgatory and i do miss that. but my alcohol consumption has dropped to almost nothing, so i probably couldn't even handle brunch now

I am on antidepressants now so I'm pretty sure a mimosa would get me hella turnt.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

and the indian food lunch buffet gently caress

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Spoondick posted:

and the indian food lunch buffet gently caress

gently caress!!!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I miss a good bar burger

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Burn Zone posted:

incredible ad placement

Lmao at line about Comrade Xi's success is leading the West to isolate China.

I guess a country must be punished for having a successful science based approach to COV19 Eradication that had the full backing of China's political system?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
gettin my phizer, pfizer, then phizer booster, then getting the nasal vaccines then getting the moderna enema to shortcut my way to no longer max but ultra instinct titers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

when you look at the US vs China death toll, the only conclusion is that those orientals place a much lower value on human life.