Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

:suspense:

Screw you Apoo, I wanted to see him taken down like Hawkins. At least we know about the first 3 numbers now, I think there is only one more we haven't seen yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Ougher posted:

:suspense:

Screw you Apoo, I wanted to see him taken down like Hawkins. At least we know about the first 3 numbers now, I think there is only one more we haven't seen yet.

it's Gin

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
lmao Kinemon

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo they turned Big Mom into a giant magnet and are making the fortress collapse in on her!

I wonder if Momo is going to somehow use Kanjuro's flame painting for his clouds, effectively making the Korozumi end up helping to save and return the Kozuki to power, something that both Orochi and Kanjuro will see as their last dying (if they die) vision?

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Oct 29, 2021

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

ok ch.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

more awakened abilities!

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
New chapter is good. And I liked Skypiea and Thriller Bark the first time through, they're cool adventure islands, and going on fun adventures in imaginative islands was a big part of OP's appeal to me.

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI
So this definitely isn't setting the scene for a Luffy awakening at all.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

So the floating island is gonna crash and Luffy is gonna save the day by making the whole mass rubber I'm guessing

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

So uh… what exactly did Law’s awakening do? Kroom (Or whatever word it’s supposed to be) seems to let him coat his sword with his Room, which I guess he couldn’t do before, and… open a Room inside of Big Mom? I’m not entirely sure what Anesthesia was about either.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Kroom (Or whatever word it’s supposed to be)

cant help with the other stuff but it's literally KROOM in big bold romaji. v funny

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Holy loving poo poo, that chapter

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

So uh… what exactly did Law’s awakening do? Kroom (Or whatever word it’s supposed to be) seems to let him coat his sword with his Room, which I guess he couldn’t do before, and… open a Room inside of Big Mom? I’m not entirely sure what Anesthesia was about either.

it looks like kroom lets him use the properties of room to basically insert the sword into whatever it stabs through without it actually causing any kind of stab or incision, and then he can activate room to harm her internally in some way. basically using his devil fruit to achieve the same thing as luffy's conqueror's haki punches, to some degree. as it is, room is a pretty nebulous power so theres not a ton of frame of reference for whats happening.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

oddium posted:

cant help with the other stuff but it's literally KROOM in big bold romaji. v funny

lol that’s awesome

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Paper Lion posted:

it looks like kroom lets him use the properties of room to basically insert the sword into whatever it stabs through without it actually causing any kind of stab or incision, and then he can activate room to harm her internally in some way. basically using his devil fruit to achieve the same thing as luffy's conqueror's haki punches, to some degree. as it is, room is a pretty nebulous power so theres not a ton of frame of reference for whats happening.

That seems like a reasonable enough assumption to me. I hope we figure a bit more out about it next chapter but I’m not counting on it

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Good gag with Kinemon, not convinced by the setup though. He wasn't cut in half, he was crushed into a pile of powdered bone from the top down.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah, my assumption is that it just let him bypass Big Mom's supposedly impenetrable skin and then catch her by surprise by hitting her with an attack from inside her body - not enough to KO her for sure but she just got seen to be made to bleed by one of the Worst Generation, and then another bring down the entire fortress on top of her which is more than almost anybody has seen anyone do to her in living memory.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Of all the things to get a callback I was not expecting Kinemon's fart-talking.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
This deconfirms my theory that awakening a DF has something to do with Conqueror's Haki, which I'm fine with.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

I get the feeling Apoo's gonna run off with the Numbers when this is all over.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Good gag with Kinemon, not convinced by the setup though. He wasn't cut in half, he was crushed into a pile of powdered bone from the top down.
I initially though only his top half was smushed into paste and he was somehow powering through, which is a morbidly funny and/or disturbing mental image.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I am actually really ok with this. When I saw legless kinemon going around I was like "OF COURSE, LAW NEVER ACTUALLY FIXED HIM" and so because he was in a semi-buggy state, when Kaido clubbed him he split instead of shattered. I am just going to assume that Kaido kept going because this isn't the first time he's ripped someone in half with his club so he just assumed death on the part of Kinemon.

And then Law and Kidd using awakening is just choice. I think we can assume the mechanics of awakening involve giving your powers to other things. Law made his sword into the surgeon instead of himself, and Kidd made Big Mom the magnet instead of himself.

I don't think Big Mom is going down still, but this is likely enough to keep her out of the fight until Kaido is taken down.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Tolth posted:

So this definitely isn't setting the scene for a Luffy awakening at all.

*pounding fork and knife on the table*

Bounce Castle!

BOUNCE CASTLE!

BOUNCE CASTLE!!

E: Also imagining Luffy using Awakening to ricochet his opponent off the wall/floor back into his fists repeatedly like a boxing speed bag and it will be awesome.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Oct 29, 2021

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Good chapter as usual, but I’m hoping we get an explanation why Law didn’t use his Awakening on Doffy when he was going balls out and expecting to die, or teach it to Luffy when they were preparing to fight Kaido.

Knowing Oda though maybe we’ll see it in a quick flashback before Luffy does his Awakening.

I was also really excited to see Apoo get his rear end beat by a dinosaur, still looking forward to that.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Good chapter as usual, but I’m hoping we get an explanation why Law didn’t use his Awakening on Doffy when he was going balls out and expecting to die, or teach it to Luffy when they were preparing to fight Kaido.

Knowing Oda though maybe we’ll see it in a quick flashback before Luffy does his Awakening.

I was also really excited to see Apoo get his rear end beat by a dinosaur, still looking forward to that.

Didn't he do basically this same thing but with the radioactive knife instead of anesthetic

I'm guessing oda will use that as a handwave

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

rannum posted:

Didn't he do basically this same thing but with the radioactive knife instead of anesthetic

I'm guessing oda will use that as a handwave

Yeah in chapter 781 except he called it Gamma Knife and there wasn’t a Kroom or whatever. Instead he had a Room active that was so big they couldn’t see the edges. He didn’t use his sword, either.

Law’s powers are weird.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I love Kroom. Mostly just saying it.

KROOM

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

my guess is law probably started practicing awakening sometime in the weeks leading up to the raid

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Paper Lion posted:

Yeah, I think that's probably the right read. KROOM lets Law turn someone into ROOM, which allows him to bypass both Big Mom's natural toughness and Armament Haki.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

mabels big day posted:

my guess is law probably started practicing awakening sometime in the weeks leading up to the raid

This practice was just him saying "Kroom" repeatedly.

escape mechanism
Feb 12, 2012

I suspect the intended meaning of kroom is knife room, with a silent k in the same way knife has a silent k. I wonder what the furigana say.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
That word is written in english even in JPN so it's KROOM directly.

Surgery Fruit continues to be hella OP.

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017
It looks like he makes one room, awakening creates a second space that contains the room, and the awakened space was able to pass through Big Mom with the room inside it. All while the sword stayed in his hands.

So, he could make an empty room next to himself, make an awakened space, pass that space over a person, and then that person would appear both where they are really standing and in the room that's right next to him.

loving telemedicine

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

one step closer to Luffy's ultimate technique: bouncy castle

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

escape mechanism posted:

I suspect the intended meaning of kroom is knife room, with a silent k in the same way knife has a silent k. I wonder what the furigana say.

The furigana are romaji that phonetically spell Kroom.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Glad to see Kiku's not dead, too.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Awakening is cool.

Originally I assumed it meant "turn other objects into your fruit power" but it does seem to be more along the lines of "apply your fruit power to other things." So Law turned his sword into its own ROOM and then planted it inside Big Mom, and then Kid turned Big Mom into a magnet.

I love how Oda can introduce new concepts and "tiers" of abilities, but he can balance them properly and it just makes me think of the implications of being applied to other fruits instead of thinking "oh man, what an rear end-pull!"

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Kinemon's rear end is talking? is that what that sound effect meant?

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

No Wave posted:

Kinemon's rear end is talking? is that what that sound effect meant?

The first time we meet Kinemon at Punk Hazard he was already cut in half and they encountered his lower half. We learned that he has the ability to communicate through farts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
law is a kroomer