Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Alaois posted:

also why are people pretending like da junkie is gone when he just made a new account where all he seems to do is photoshop people who like aew's twitter profile pictures into other stuff

https://twitter.com/wwe_junkie_

Nobody is pretending junkie is gone :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

Nobody is pretending junkie is gone :confused:

He's dead

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

The junkie has been compromised to a permanent end

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Davros1 posted:

How about the responses to Britt tweeting out her new shirts?

https://twitter.com/Machobeard4life/status/1455248464523186180?s=20

Sasha's original tweet "the Boss will see you now" doesn't even make sense.

Edit: It was a WWE tweet, not a tweet by Sasha. My bad.

Zombie Lemur fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Nov 2, 2021

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

JT Smiley posted:

They're so dumb it's honestly sad. Why pay off a handful of wrestling reporters that have have a limited niche audience when you can just pay for ad time on network tv and reach millions of people?

I was thinking of starting a weekly AEW recap thing for my own amusement but Tony if you are reading this and want to pay me to kiss AEW's rear end weekly for pay please let me know.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Zombie Lemur posted:

I thought Becky was the boss?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Davros1 posted:

How about the responses to Britt tweeting out her new shirts?

https://twitter.com/Machobeard4life/status/1455248464523186180?s=20

can't believe Britt stole Bayley's dentist gimmick right under from under her, smdh

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

can't believe Britt stole Bayley's dentist gimmick right under from under her, smdh

No no, it's Bayley's iconic use of skulls with shattered jaws on all her merchandise that Britt is stealing. Disgusting stuff.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i think they're throwing back to when they both were calling themselves role models which is a phrase nobody else has ever used

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Just this morning a WWE fan sent me a picture of them (face was pasted over with a fiend mask) holding a sign with my address on it standing in front of my door. Later in the day my doorbell rang and I was afraid to answer the door, so I didn't. When I had to go outside later I found a WWE shirt on my doormat... I'm shook.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Pretty gross of Britt to see Bayley get cheered in Pittsburgh once and decide to retroactively be from here.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I just took a poo poo on Robert's doorstep while wearing a Sendai Girls shirt. Now we wait.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Whatever happened to that one dude who posted an obviously fake threat from some AEW fan or person, in an obvious effort to get Internet/Twitter cred, and a bunch of his followers "helpfully" responded by reporting the threat to the FBI and/or his local authorities :laugh:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Whatever happened to that one dude who posted an obviously fake threat from some AEW fan or person, in an obvious effort to get Internet/Twitter cred, and a bunch of his followers "helpfully" responded by reporting the threat to the FBI and/or his local authorities :laugh:

That's the AEW Botches guy and he's still posting like nothing happened.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Zombie Lemur posted:

Wait, THAT's what it's about, Sasha jacked the opening stinger from Britt's music?

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Gaz-L posted:

Wait, THAT's what it's about, Sasha jacked the opening stinger from Britt's music?

I thought it was Sasha's tweet but it's actually from the WWE account. And it seems like they're referencing Britt's theme because it doesn't really make sense in any other context.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Yugo42_/status/1455281092957716480

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
On a tangent, it's kinda amusing to me that Britt and Adam now both have probably the biggest call-and-response elements in their entrances in all of AEW. Heck, you could probably get a whole segment out of her doing the D... M... D pointing thing, and ADAM COLE BAY BAY, with them competing for the bigger pops.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

IGgy IGsen posted:

Just this morning a WWE fan sent me a picture of them (face was pasted over with a fiend mask) holding a sign with my address on it standing in front of my door. Later in the day my doorbell rang and I was afraid to answer the door, so I didn't. When I had to go outside later I found a WWE shirt on my doormat... I'm shook.

I was on the toilet and a WWE fan who was hiding in my plumbing crawled up my butt and now I'm at the butt doctor

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
If I was a masochist I'd kick the hornets nest and say Britt's the real boss because she has her own dental practice.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Zombie Lemur posted:

If I was a masochist I'd kick the hornets nest and say Britt's the real boss because she has her own dental practice.

So what you're saying is Britt is bad?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

She works in the office so actually that means it's employee owned. Communist queen Britt.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

forkboy84 posted:

She is a heel after all.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gumball Gumption posted:

She works in the office so actually that means it's employee owned. Communist queen Britt.

Vince: Bah, I can beat that! What outranks a queen? Okay Sasha, you're now the Communist Tsar!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Do ignorant takes also belong here?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Pylons posted:

They are probably the most important Irish, Scottish & Swiss wrestlers, with all due respect for Becky Lynch, some bloke called Chic & Ares.

Actually I suppose Bill Dundee counts as Scottish. He's more important than Drew in the scheme of things probably. And if we're talking about the island of Ireland instead of the Republic of Ireland then Fit Finlay.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

forkboy84 posted:

They are probably the most important Irish, Scottish & Swiss wrestlers, with all due respect for Becky Lynch, some bloke called Chic & Ares.

Actually I suppose Bill Dundee counts as Scottish. He's more important than Drew in the scheme of things probably. And if we're talking about the island of Ireland instead of the Republic of Ireland then Fit Finlay.

I think for a younger fanbase they're absolutely important, plus they are definitely in a more high profile space than those that came before. Definitely need the shoulders of giants caveat but if someone stood up and said they got into wrestling because of Devitt, Caesaro or Drew I wouldn't begrudge them.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Are you forgetting Grado?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

At one point Devitt was the greatest junior heavyweight on earth. Then he started painting on himself and never recovered.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ireland and Scotland are not European

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

maybe i need to check my calendar again but as far as i know the republic of ireland is still a member of the EU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Alaois posted:

maybe i need to check my calendar again but as far as i know the republic of ireland is still a member of the EU

It's on the other side of the ocean from Europe. Look at a map.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pylons posted:

Have no idea what barriers they broke down that like, Bruno Sammartino, Billy Robinson or the Dynamite Kid didn't in terms of card position, style or size limitations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's on the other side of the ocean from Europe. Look at a map.

What map projection are you using, cuz on most of mine, the Atlantic is a lot wider than that.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Pylons posted:

Yes I would definitely rank these three among Billy Robinson and Karl Gotch

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

VideoWitch posted:

The junkie has been compromised to a permanent end

https://twitter.com/RobertH82030180/status/1455277308814794754?s=20

the call is coming from inside the house

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
is that a meme anywhere other than sa

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

flatluigi posted:

is that a meme anywhere other than sa

It was a pretty famous moment

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

I Before E posted:

It was a pretty famous moment

yeah but i don't know if it was a meme in the larger ~wrestling community~ or if that twitter that was made last month was some goon's dumb project

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
CM Punk mentioned Bitcoin on Dynamite a couple weeks ago.
A man notices someone in an AEW shirt on his doorstep.
Account now references cryptocurrency.

I think it's quite obvious that something something wake up sheeple something something follow the money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

flatluigi posted:

yeah but i don't know if it was a meme in the larger ~wrestling community~ or if that twitter that was made last month was some goon's dumb project

It's a meme considerably beyond the wrestling community. Gets used a lot by podcasts like Trashfuture and the like.