Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

A grown man pointed a loaded gun at someone, pulled the trigger, and killed them. Someone telling him to point the gun at someone and pull the trigger doesn't change that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

You must have a real hard time watching action movies

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Phanatic posted:

Ultimately Mr. Baldwin is the person who pulled the trigger. He is at the very top of the list. There isn't any room further up the list.

If this was anywhere other than a Hollywood set I would agree.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
https://news.yahoo.com/rust-production-staff-ordered-custom-113203197.html

That’ll be an incredible collectible

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Grip it and rip it posted:

If this was anywhere other than a Hollywood set I would agree.

I don't see how this absolves him of the responsibility

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

PookBear posted:

A grown man pointed a loaded gun at someone, pulled the trigger, and killed them. Someone telling him to point the gun at someone and pull the trigger doesn't change that.

Internet Wizard posted:

You must have a real hard time watching action movies

Keanu Reeves literally got 97 counts of man slaughter making John Wick.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
The armorer running the shoot was the daughter of some long time well known armorer. This was like her second production.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

firearms safety doesn't apply if a director gives you a lawful order to disregard it

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

PookBear posted:

firearms safety doesn't apply if a director gives you a lawful order to disregard it

What if it had been a pyrotechnic with a detonator given to an actor to get the timing of the effect right, the director told the actor that they were going to do a dry run with an inert detonator, and then an explosion happened because the stunt guy set things up wrong? Is the actor in the wrong for not second checking the effect?

No, because that would not make any sense at all. Actors are not infantryman or soldiers, theyre rich drama kids.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

How is anybody supposed to be able to check a revolver to determine if it is loaded with live rounds or blanks without either pointing the gun at their own face or unloading and the reloading the gun themselves? The entire purpose of the armorer and other support crew is to make sure that a gun is loaded or unloaded properly when it is handed to the actor because some safety rules need to be violated in order to actually make a movie.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Bum the Sad posted:

Keanu Reeves literally got 97 counts of man slaughter making John Wick.

Isn't Keanu noted for being a safety nut?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Nvm bad post

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

The Lone Badger posted:

Isn't Keanu noted for being a safety nut?

No he pointed presumed safe guns at people at people on a Hollywood set and needs to be executed.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Goddammit wrong thread again.

PurpleXVI fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Nov 2, 2021

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Bum the Sad posted:

No he pointed presumed safe guns at people at people on a Hollywood set and needs to be executed.

Please stop.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Any further discussion of Baldwin, Rust, movie set safety and anything related, gets you a sixer starting now.

We get it, y’all smart. It’s boring now.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Can we talk about Pole Assassin now

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah this is a whole kinda vibe

https://twitter.com/BunkiePerkins/status/1455381629694881793

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Where do you even start pulling threads on this, there's too much material to work with.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
But wait! There's more!

RC and Moon Pie posted:

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1455372103792869378

To put it in context, a University of Texas assistant football coach left his wife and children for a pole dancer with the monicker Pole Assassin. Pole Assassin owns a monkey, which is sometimes part of her act. Mr. and Mrs. Pole Assassin set up a haunted house/maze for children at their home on Halloween, which is where the attack took place. Her Twitter account, deleted in the past few hours, seemed to confirm the attack happened and blamed the child for being on part of property he/she was not supposed to be on. Which may or may not have been clearly marked. She Tweeted a picture of the sign, but someone else accused her of putting it up, post-monkey attack.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Mods please change my name to “Apple Assassin” Tia.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Edit: Nevermind.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Mods, please change my game to ‘hole Assassin’, Tia

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

rear end Assassin.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Dick Assassin

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Anil Dikshit posted:

Mods, please change my game to ‘hole Assassin’, Tia

You have to let them know what platform, duh.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

bulletsponge13 posted:

rear end Assassin.

rear end-assin

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

MrUnderbridge posted:

You have to let them know what platform, duh.

I figure anything would go for a Hole Assassin.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Someone in that story is from Florida

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

New carbine technique just dropped

https://youtu.be/3p2v2bjfgr0

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Let's play "Drunk or Disinterested?"

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Seagal carries himself on the battlefield as only one who is the spiritual successor to Morihei Ueshiba can. While he knows the Way of the Gun, he also knows that the true warrior is a weapon in and of himself when he is devoted to aikido. A true aikidoka need not carry the rifle as though he intends to use it; instead, he uses ki as his weapon.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
aikido? more like cookiedō

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

The first rule of tier one shadow wolf warrior sheriff operator school is always peek around corners with your gun down while fumbling. You don't have time to do things like "technique" when there are puppies and chickens to run over in your bearcat.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

canyoneer posted:

aikido? more like cookiedō

:lol:

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

The first rule of tier one shadow wolf warrior sheriff operator school is always peek around corners with your gun down while fumbling. You don't have time to do things like "technique" when there are puppies and chickens to run over in your bearcat.

Diabetes (a terrible disease I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy) really fucks with fine motor skills after the swelling sets in. Anyways, that motherfucker is 100% zonked out on benzos.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

A lot of Canadian idiots are making GBS threads their pants rn

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Scratch Monkey posted:

Good. The CF has proven it is incapable of doing it.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Scratch Monkey posted:

Now for the cops to ignore it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Scratch Monkey fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Nov 4, 2021