Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Sopranos was so hot even Big Mouth Billy Bass got booked on the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This sounds epic lol.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Steely Dan on stage battling Azathoth and the cosmic flautists.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Praying for Cthulhu to be victorious so I can reclaim the time I wasted reading the Dharma Bums

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Wormskull posted:

This sounds epic lol.

Wormskull posted:

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Allen Ginsberg doing peyote at Cthulhu’s pad and getting stuck in the non-Euclidean bathroom

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Sub-Actuality posted:

Allen Ginsberg doing peyote at Cthulhu’s pad and getting stuck in the non-Euclidean bathroom

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Sub-Actuality posted:

lmao

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Sub-Actuality posted:

lmao

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

really need to set aside some time to read Hellboy in the next few months. i keep procrastinating on it but it seems like one of the coolest Lovecraft adjacent works that’s come out in my lifetime yet i’ve never read more than the first issue

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

really need to set aside some time to read Hellboy in the next few months. i keep procrastinating on it but it seems like one of the coolest Lovecraft adjacent works that’s come out in my lifetime yet i’ve never read more than the first issue

its really good from start to finish. bprd is also pretty good but it fizzles out hard towards the end. highly recommend

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

It’s the only comic besides From Hell I’ve read more than a few pages of as a adult. Though it might be because I like the art and the GdT movie more than reading the thing.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

hellboys cool, its kind of a mix of cosmic horror and more localized monster mash stuff in a fun way, and hellboy himself is a good character. havent read it in like fifteen years though

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The Amazing Screw-On Head pilot is worth a watch

https://youtu.be/XbsDvGtTRWU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2021-11-01/elvis-costello-recommends-keep-your-hands-off-eizouken-anime/.179065

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

eizouken is definitely a top 3 all time anime

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rewatched Pyscho last night and think it's time to finally experience the Psycho Expanded Universe so I downloaded 2, 3, 4, some lovely looking made for TV movie and the Vince Vaughn remake.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

alSo started an On Cinema rewatch. Ftw.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

just finished initial d first stage and i'm loving it. the level of detail and the over-enthusiastic reactions are amazing. eurobeat owns, takumi owns.

i want to drift my car

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

redline is so fuckin sick omg

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Fungah! posted:

redline is so fuckin sick omg

gently caress yes

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
never ever forget the best review of Redline of all time

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
You see, this is a film about genitalia. More specifically, it is a film about penises and their inherent superiority over the penisless. If you are one of the unfortunate penisless then Redline seeks to put you in what it believes to be your place, which is probably a kitchen or a strip club. Don't get me wrong, I know that the world of motorsports is heavily male-dominated, but there are also a great deal of women in the sport who are taken seriously and should not be treated as a curiosity or a joke, as this film believes.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

lmfao what a dipshit

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I feel like I'm barely scratching the surface of how much I hate this film for how hateful it is. In 2011, this kind of outlook shouldn't be acceptable. Maybe the filmmakers are using this as a social experiment, to see if people will buy anything, no matter how disgusting the subtext, if it dazzles them enough. With so many people falling over themselves to praise Redline, I think they might have won.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

lol i still remember reading this. i gotta watch redline someday

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

After the 12 or whatever episodes of the tv show plot line and hearing about the Guy being sentenced to serve as a butler plot, seeing the pilot they aired finally made me crack up about the concept itself rather than people’s reactions to it, etc. and now when I think of it or type it I laugh every time.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I ate 200 something mg of dank meds, all told…

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

After the 12 or whatever episodes of the tv show plot line and hearing about the Guy being sentenced to serve as a butler plot, seeing the pilot they aired finally made me crack up about the concept itself rather than people’s reactions to it, etc. and now when I think of it or type it I laugh every time.

It's the best sitcom arc of all time.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Whoa

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Her car does not have wheels like the other ones do, because she is without penis and being without penis or wheels just isn't giving her the edge she needs to win on her own terms.

lmfao gently caress off

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

the finish lines are always being moved in favor of the racekeepers

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

im reading some old rear end savage sword of conan comics, ftw!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

fuckin rad

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That’s badass

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

thats so sick

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

amazing

quote:

As a "magazine", Savage Sword of Conan did not have to conform to the Comics Code Authority, making it a publication of choice for many illustrators.
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mbt posted:

amazing

lol

Lol