Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me
cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mbt posted:

amazing

lol

i love the "magazine" loophole. there were a lot of publishers that used it until the code authority caught up to them and then basically just had to shut down iirc.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mbt posted:

amazing

lol

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I just read Savage Sword of Conan for the articles

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

I've been re-reading Conan stories lately but never heard of this. Badass

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Bicyclops posted:

i love the "magazine" loophole. there were a lot of publishers that used it until the code authority caught up to them and then basically just had to shut down iirc.

what was the code of authority preventing. was it like tits and stuff.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

b_d posted:

It also had a lot of other weird stuff like not showing authority figures in a negative light. Heavy restrictions on horror and occult stuff. Crime could never pay, if you did a crime story it had to end with the cops arresting everyone. Superheroes were what was left standing after everything else kids would find interesting was banned.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

b_d posted:

they were definitely against tits but it was a lot more. one of the tenets when it was set up in the 50s said "No comic magazine shall use the words "horror" or "terror" in its title."

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I just read Savage Sword of Conan for the articles

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

between that and the hays code, it was a real terrible time for tits. thankfully, we now live in an age where every water cooler prestige television show has to have a giant orgy scene, video games have boob sliders, and alan moore did an entire comic indicating how horny he was to have a threesome so his wife would let him.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

between that and the hays code, it was a real terrible time for tits. thankfully, we now live in an age where every water cooler prestige television show has to have a giant orgy scene, video games have boob sliders, and alan moore did an entire comic indicating how horny he was to have a threesome so his wife would let him.

god is good

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

drat phantoon looks pissed

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

P-Mack posted:

It also had a lot of other weird stuff like not showing authority figures in a negative light. Heavy restrictions on horror and occult stuff. Crime could never pay, if you did a crime story it had to end with the cops arresting everyone. Superheroes were what was left standing after everything else kids would find interesting was banned.

drat... sounds like the comics code authority is pretty much responsible for society now of days.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lost my poo poo laughing at Frank Costanza screaming “then let him have bananas on the side!” whilst interrogating Estelle about the Jello.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

b_d posted:

drat... sounds like the comics code authority is pretty much responsible for society now of days.

it pretty much killed the american comic industry other than marvel and dc and it hasnt fully recovered since

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I’ve been listening to the Album About Nothing again. It’s cool that a rap album with Seinfeld audio sampled all the way through it is actually good.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

b_d posted:

i hesitate to say it, but somebody might just need to call the joker.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

i hesitate to say it, but somebody might just need to call the joker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu1KM9HMpso

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lmfao [video type=""]https://youtu.be/PZxX3-rJoNI[/video]

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Come on man.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Whoa. Elaine is asking her bf Joel Rifkin to change his name because people keep making serial killer jokes and she’s picking them out of a SI and she mentions OJ… a year before the murders.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Plutonis posted:

it pretty much killed the american comic industry other than marvel and dc and it hasnt fully recovered since

ex-loving-cuse me? joss wheat on and zack synder are two of the greatest cinematic outers of our generation.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

God I would pay a large sum for a potion or something that can give a ESL wife a fluent queens accent for a few hours…

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

ex-loving-cuse me? joss wheat on and zack synder are two of the greatest cinematic outers of our generation.

This, but without the sarcasm, huge negative post count and two decades of trolling experience.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

Knuc U Kinte posted:

This, but without the sarcasm, huge negative post count and two decades of trolling experience.

Thank you! someone had to say it

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Finished Sopranos season 3. Good episodes, but the season seems like it's just there to set the tone for season 4. The Jackie Jr. arc was good, and AJ dodged a bullet by not going to the military academy pre-9/11. I also really enjoyed that Paulie loves his mother, and his mother loves him.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

herculon posted:

Finished Sopranos season 3. Good episodes, but the season seems like it's just there to set the tone for season 4. The Jackie Jr. arc was good, and AJ dodged a bullet by not going to the military academy pre-9/11. I also really enjoyed that Paulie loves his mother, and his mother loves him.

i did that yesterday, pine barrens was so fuckin good. i really liked the shot of paulie droppin his mother off at the home too man i wanted ralphie dead though, guys a real piece of poo poo

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

what the gently caress paulie was the replacement dog to brian on family guy for a while

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Fungah! posted:

man i wanted ralphie dead though, guys a real piece of poo poo

I thought the same thing. As soon as I saw Joe Patoliano, I thought this dude's dead by the end of the season

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

herculon posted:

I thought the same thing. As soon as I saw Joe Patoliano, I thought this dude's dead by the end of the season

lol yeah, he had guest star written all over him, this was like a year after the matrix too. guess he's just too good of an earner

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fungah! posted:

man i wanted ralphie dead though, guys a real piece of poo poo

herculon posted:

same on both accounts. i did not expect him to live until the end of season 3, let alone become a capo. poo poo's nuts

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Paulie made a couple of Stacker 2 commercials with WWE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPBGFkHiEFQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHzwJhSMFic

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Incredible

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Nutmeg posted:

want a hyperion movie

guess this is happening thank you bradley cooper

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

lol

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Nutmeg posted:

want a hyperion movie

gonna read this

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It's good

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

kickass

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Watched Tenet on Japanese Netflix but for some reason it was G rated so every time there was a violent scene there would be a weird cut and someone would be on the ground like the old dubs of dragon ball z.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
that's probalby just nolan's signature awful direction