Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I just picked up the Rondo of Blood/Symphony of the Night combo on PS4 and am enjoying that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Should I play the first two Metro games or dive right into Metro Exodus?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Shard posted:

I just picked up the Rondo of Blood/Symphony of the Night combo on PS4 and am enjoying that.

coward konami give us the loving sotn switch port

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

graph posted:

coward konami give us the loving sotn switch port

And steam!

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

CobiWann posted:

There is some neat story and gameplay but also a ton of Eurojank, I’d say go with the most recent one and you’ll be happy.

For reference, I have not played Exodus, but the jank of the others has slowed me from picking it up even though I did enjoy them overall.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Shard posted:

I enjoy the progression of quality in Komani's recent Castlevania port bundles. Started with just Rondo/Symphony, bafflingly only released on a few systems, porting the lamest possible version of SotN (the version with better voice acting, which no one wants) and a terrible menu system. Then we got the classic collection with all the nes ones and also the Genesis game and Super Castlevania 4, then we got the GBA collection with an actually well done port with genuine improvements like the poo poo that pops up and tells you if you already have that monster's soul/card drop/item or whatever.

Makes me hopeful we will actually get the DS or 3d platformer games rereleased sometime in the not distant future

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
speaking of, anyone play actraiser remastered ?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

anybody give me a Lo rune for 40x cheaper than you should?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CobiWann posted:

Exodus

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

graph posted:

speaking of, anyone play actraiser remastered ?

i’m getting it soon. the original is maybe my favorite side scroller

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I'm doing a charity stream over the weekend and I'm 90% optimistic it'll go well, and 10% convinced it'll be a miserable flop. I wish the 10% part wasn't super freaking loud.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I got Days Gone in the latest steam sale and it's surprisingly fun. As a lifelong Oregonian though the geography in this is loving bonkers, even if the writers really are from here or else did a lot of research.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I got Days Gone in the latest steam sale and it's surprisingly fun. As a lifelong Oregonian though the geography in this is loving bonkers, even if the writers really are from here or else did a lot of research.

I'll give you 3 guesses where Bend Studio is located

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Writer Cath posted:

I'm doing a charity stream over the weekend and I'm 90% optimistic it'll go well, and 10% convinced it'll be a miserable flop. I wish the 10% part wasn't super freaking loud.

Tell that hater to know it’s role, shut it’s mouth then eat some pie fam it will go well and I got five on it

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Writer Cath posted:

I believe in the power of your stream. Be sure to promote that stuff by handing out fliers.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Writer Cath posted:

requesting to know where's it

d8uv
Sep 17, 2005

DO NOT EAT
Grimey Drawer
now watching this match for :siren: no reason in particular :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMvXgKKLZCY

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I’ve been playing Cyberpunk and it’s good

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Seams posted:

I’ve been playing Cyberpunk and it’s good

I like it too. Haven't played it in a long time to wait for more patches.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

decided to play breath of the wild since it's been in my backlog since release. got about 6 to 7 hours in and am having exactly zero fun

it's gorgeous and well made but some of the design decisions are completely loving baffling

here's a pretty glowing sword. oh it broke in ten swings.

oh a neat looking horse i can ride! except i fast traveled and now I can't call it

oh that lynel is cool as gently caress I wanna kill it. except it one shot me and now I spawn in it's sightline and die immediately while trying to collect shock arrows

i respect the vision and the scope. but it feels like the biggest slog in the world and it just ain't for me

at least i got a lost ark beta invite so I hope that's good

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Shard posted:

I like it too. Haven't played it in a long time to wait for more patches.

I haven’t encountered any game breaking bugs so far. A few annoying ones, the worst one preventing me from finishing a side quest.

Overall I’d say it’s the most impressive game of its type I’ve ever played. Leaves the other games you could compare it to (Skyrim, GTA, Watch_Dogs series etc) in the dust imo. The level of detail in most areas is astounding.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Eat My Fuc posted:

Tell that hater to know it’s role, shut it’s mouth then eat some pie fam it will go well and I got five on it

Thanks.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i know all about the stream

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Seams posted:

I haven’t encountered any game breaking bugs so far. A few annoying ones, the worst one preventing me from finishing a side quest.

Overall I’d say it’s the most impressive game of its type I’ve ever played. Leaves the other games you could compare it to (Skyrim, GTA, Watch_Dogs series etc) in the dust imo. The level of detail in most areas is astounding.

I can't go that far. Witcher 3 still stands head and shoulders above them all for me. Especially if you were a fan of Witcher 1 and really followed the series. I can't think of anything ending better than those three games capped off with Blood and Wine.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Alaois posted:

I'll give you 3 guesses where Bend Studio is located

lmao I completely glossed over that

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Shard posted:

I can't go that far. Witcher 3 still stands head and shoulders above them all for me. Especially if you were a fan of Witcher 1 and really followed the series. I can't think of anything ending better than those three games capped off with Blood and Wine.

Witcher 3 definitely rules.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shard posted:

I did enjoy Cyberpunk, but yeah Witcher 3 was just something truly special and that was before the DLC. Blood and Wine as the capstone to the series was just magnificent.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Nov 5, 2021

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

One of the PS Plus games right now is the rpg made by Todd Macfarlane and one of the Oblivion guys, which I straight up completely forgot existed. Bet it's gonna be bad, I can't wait to play it

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Bluedeanie posted:

One of the PS Plus games right now is the rpg made by Todd Macfarlane and one of the Oblivion guys, which I straight up completely forgot existed. Bet it's gonna be bad, I can't wait to play it

I actually enjoy it quite a bit lots of cool loot

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Forza Horizon 5 is out and I missed this dumbass car series so very much.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Critical posted:

decided to play breath of the wild since it's been in my backlog since release. got about 6 to 7 hours in and am having exactly zero fun

it's gorgeous and well made but some of the design decisions are completely loving baffling

oh a neat looking horse i can ride! except i fast traveled and now I can't call it

oh that lynel is cool as gently caress I wanna kill it. except it one shot me and now I spawn in it's sightline and die immediately while trying to collect shock arrows

i respect the vision and the scope. but it feels like the biggest slog in the world and it just ain't for me

I don't really like it either. Though, my main problem is that the world feels bland and empty in a bad way. I mean, I got other problems with it too, like how there's no real dungeons or anything, but that's the big one. Maybe I'll give it another shot. Last time I made the mistake of playing it right after Horizon: Zero Dawn, which has an utterly gorgeous world that feels empty, but in a good way, and also has decent combat. But I'm not allowed to talk about how I don't like BotW (and neither is anyone else) because people will just talk about "Weirdos who don't like how fragile your lovely weapons are" like it's some sick own even though I deliberately never bring that up because it's a tired argument and the only good move is to never engage.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I loved this game, but it felt like a well-done first draft with a lot of room for technical and narrative improvement in the eventual sequel, which we will apparently never get.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

CobiWann posted:

I loved this game, but it felt like a well-done first draft with a lot of room for technical and narrative improvement in the eventual sequel, which we will apparently never get.

yeah it reminded me of the first Assassin's Creed in that way

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Critical posted:

In case you did not know this stuff already:

- over time you can collect more weapons, and the fun ones respawn at blood moons. An intended part of the game is switching weapons regularly, until you’ve explored so much you can have multiples of the ones you like best.

- there is a mechanic to have your horse come to you; it’s a thing you find or buy, I forget

- the lynel spawning stuff sounds lame, never had that happen to me. I did fight a lot of lynels and typically had to use a lot of cooked meals beforehand; the lynels are intended to be quite tough, I would say easily the toughest enemy in the game, and teach you the hard way about combat

- also doesn’t the game suggest to skip the first one you come across (at the water kingdom)? Beating them relies on a few game mechanics (and just having more health and endurance) that you might not have had the chance to master yet; I know I didn’t really bother with magic or food until very late in my first playthrough.

- also do the bird people first; Ravoli’s Gale makes exploring a thousand times better.

If you knew all that already or you just hate it, I get it. Live your life. I just love BOTW and I think it’s worth the learning curve and maybe the above is helpful!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Taking a brief respite from my unending search to tell you all I am now, in fact, married. Goon Bless

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

NienNunb posted:

Taking a brief respite from my unending search to tell you all I am now, in fact, married. Goon Bless

:krakentoot: :krakentoot: :krakentoot:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Wife guys squad up

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

NienNunb posted:

Congrats friend!

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

congratulations and enjoy many decades of togetherness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

NienNunb posted:

Goongratulations!!