Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

And yes, the previous 71 comments are all “that is a possum”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Well that's funny considering how many parents tape their children coming off anesthesia. Mercury + silver is a real thing but it's supposedly not an issue. I'm packed with that poo poo and I'm fine.

I think.

But when you say fluoride the mouth rinse or the water additive it sort of gets in crazy town.

drat rainbow sprinklers.

In Laos and Cambodia people eat these shield stink bugs, probably not the exact same types but it's amusing seeing someone telling them to eat it.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

And yes, the previous 71 comments are all “that is a possum”
to be fair we on the SA forums should not be throwing that particular stone

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
That is not a possum. That is opossum.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
How do you know it's Irish?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Weka posted:

That is not a possum. That is opossum.

Speaking as someone who knows they are opossums, I still find myself calling them possums. It's an incredibly hard habit to break.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

we are all opossum on this blessed day

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I wish a possum would visit me. :smith:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It gets really weird for Australians where 'possum' refers to a superficially similar but completely different animal, for which 'opossum' has never been used.

dangerstepp
Apr 8, 2019
Nextdoor in Five Images:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

dangerstepp posted:

Nextdoor in Five Images:

Either the worst or the best remake of Rashomon.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
not gonna lie, im a big fan of coyote alerts

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

My daughter and her horse were just shot in a drive by on 20th between Carr and Kipling. It was just an airsoft gun but still. It was a burgundy Nissan Murano and a younger hispanic teenager with long hair. If you know who it is or it's your kid, a police report has been filed, and the kid needs a big whooping.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Drivers hate horseback riders just as much as they hate cyclists; there are just a lot fewer of them around.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Drimble Wedge posted:

Drivers hate horseback riders just as much as they hate cyclists; there are just a lot fewer of them around.

In Philly we've got both!

Also scooter riders, roving gangs of dirt bikers, roving gangs of motorcyclists, children who shoot out from between parked cars, delivery vehicles blocking narrow one-way streets, block parties, trucks stuck under overpasses, potholes large enough to irreparably damage your car, illegal trash dumps that block sidewalks and streets, poorly-regulated construction projects that create giant sinkholes, gas main explosions that crater parts of whole neighborhoods, cars parked in the medians of major streets, homeless people moving amongst the cars to beg at every major intersection, heroin addicts slowly shuffling across the middle of every street, horrible tourists, camera lights, and slow moving freight trains that sit on top of roadways, blocking them for hours for unknowable reasons.

Teriyaki Hairpiece fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Nov 10, 2021

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Riatsala posted:

My daughter and her horse were just shot in a drive by on 20th between Carr and Kipling. It was just an airsoft gun but still. It was a burgundy Nissan Murano and a younger hispanic teenager with long hair. If you know who it is or it's your kid, a police report has been filed, and the kid needs a big whooping.

Oh man, this reminds me of these kids from Rahway that I heard of from some Rahway dirt grub that knew them. Late teens/early twenties pair of boys, early two thousands, white, bad part of NJ. They had been shooting paintballs at pedestrians and someone called the cops on their make and model of car. And the cops catch up with them a few days later, arrested, dead to rights, brought in and the cops are like "we know it was you, we got eyewitness of your car, license plate, etc. you're boned. so please explain." and one of the kids essentially says "OK, you got us, I admit it. we robbed the gas station."

!!!!

One of them straight up confessed to an armed robbery they weren't be asked about and both of em got ten years.

OGDanDogg
Sep 16, 2002

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

In Philly we've got both!

... roving gangs of dirt bikers, roving gangs of motorcyclists ... block parties ...

I've seen your weirdo biker/motorcycle gangs and I don't like that either. However, I also visited some friends who had a neighborhood that barricaded their street for block parties (mostly parents drinking and kids playing in the street) and that was pretty cool. There was also one neighbor who would ask people if they wanted to see his fish pool or something, which was allegedly an excuse to covertly share drugs in his backyard. I can also confirm that there is a "change in air quality" as soon as you hit the bridge to NJ.

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

The real problem is that he sent it at 4.29.

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh

Peg Sliderskew posted:

The real problem is that he sent it at 4.29.

Nine minutes too late? :confused:

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Frazzbo posted:

Nine minutes too late? :confused:

:hmmyes:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
A harrowing tale of woe from my local Nextdoor

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Aldi, scamming olds one avocado at a time.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Aldi is the reason millennials are poor.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Seth Pecksniff posted:

A harrowing tale of woe from my local Nextdoor

Spending a dollar in gas to save 20 cents on an avocado and then still getting pwned is just :discourse:

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
any one know what those sirens were

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Lamech posted:

any one know what those sirens were

Police, going to the scene of the gunshots I heard last night.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat

wesleywillis posted:

thanx stay safe

OGDanDogg
Sep 16, 2002

wesleywillis posted:

coyotes were setting off fireworks

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

OGDanDogg posted:

coyotes were setting off fireworks

(((Urban))) coyotes

OGDanDogg
Sep 16, 2002
Wow, someone just posted a porch cam video of dogs tearing their cat apart to gently complain about loose dogs.

quote:

(warning: video has an animal dying). This morning two dogs (that appeared to have collars) chased my cat out of my back porch, into my front yard, and then played tug-of-war with him until one of my neighbors saw it and scared them off. He died in my arms as I carried him inside.

I'm not mad at the dogs - it's their nature. I'm upset with whoever can't keep their larger animals contained.

I understand dogs can be turds -- and sometimes they get lose -- but this is the third time these dogs have come into my yard (through the woods).

I love animals, but if they are allowed to roam free and come into my yard again, I'm going to treat them as threats and respond accordingly.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

OGDanDogg posted:

Wow, someone just posted a porch cam video of dogs tearing their cat apart to gently complain about loose dogs.

Jeez, they are really calm considering their cat just loving died.

OGDanDogg
Sep 16, 2002
I'm tempted to find a video of a cat killing a bird and then complain about loose cats attacking my bird

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
Did anyone hear that explosion? Fireworks after the team got a touchdown, or hobo camp meth lab?

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

loving keep your animals inside or on a leash, gently caress.

Why is this a hard lesson for people?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

That's how we've always done it, animals need to roam free! I've had twelve outdoor cats and I loved all of them right up until they got hit by cars, mauled by coyotes, shot by hunters, poisoned with rat bait or just disappeared mysteriously. Are you saying I was somehow "abusing" them???

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Everybody sucks in that situation. Dogs shouldn’t be running free but neither should the cat.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Keeping a cat inside forever is also abuse.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Then clearly the correct answer is to not own a cat :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

gowb posted:

Keeping a cat inside forever is also abuse.

Not really.