Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

[Solar Veil removed! All bonuses lost! Damage reduced by 1d. HP reduced by 2. Lost resistances.]

What are you doing?

You don't know. It's suicidal, for sure. It's stupid, no doubt. It surprising, you find.

One hand grips the shroud Red gave you. The other grasps back at the shield you found. Both are drawn forward in a single motion as you bound upwards, the shroud wrapped around the shield before you cast it down, leaving nothing but the feather that dangles from your neck. Why? Why would you abandon the power of Red's gift? The protection afforded from a sword by an old shield?

Maybe you need to prove something. That you need no help but hope to slay a Lord. Maybe you wanted to reveal your face to Bleeder, one second before impact. Maybe you really are ready to die. But it's too late now. Your strength wanes, and with it your power to harm the Lord... but if that shroud is ever taken away, would you want to have been reliant on it?

When you walk the Tyrant Road, you do it alone.

YOU

vs

BLESSED OF THE ERRANT
HELLBRIGHT KNIGHT
THE SEVENTH LORD

Bleeder.

WAR WITH A LORD posted:

Bleeder promises "You're going to die this time."

Your arms have already tensed for the killing stroke- you're just that fraction faster than him. Spores gloam rainbow gold.

[Passive] The mushrooms provide insight!

'The Seventh Lord, beloved of the Island. They survived. They found holy bond in the infinite pattern of the Island, blessed with the nature of the Errant. The Dryad came to them and told them of the holy lands beyond that waited for them, that would appease the Island and keep it at bay while it took the new world. Bleeder is the loving living seal of the Bloody Megalith, all those deathborn of the Island from the midnight of the oil spill.'

'God, he hates you. Thinks you're a freak. Something sick and weird. Hider didn't predict this and... and that's scary. You move so fast you're even worse looking without that weird familiar shroud on and oh god your voice what is that screaming? What's happening!!?'

* He is a Human, Vampire-Bound, Survivor, and a LORD.
* His mood is ANGRY, CONFUSED, and UNEASY.
* Oh no! Bleeder is rough going. His STRENGTH is LESS (by a little), his DEXTERITY is MORE (by a chunk), his INTELLECT is EQUAL, his HEALTH is EQUAL, his WILL is LESS (by a LOT), his PERCEPTION is LESS (by a small chunk).
* Wow! He has GOBS of HP. Woah! He has LOTS of FP.
* His DR is 7.
* LIGHT hurts him for sure. Not sure about other elements. SILVER would for sure. FIRE might help.
* He's wielding the MARROWCRUSHER, the ANTEDILUVIAN ARMOR, and the IVORY CLOAK. Looks like he does about 6d damage on average.
*He knows all kinds of spooky powers, like [Abberantion]-[Dessication]-[Congregate]-[Yellow Island Magics]-[gift]-[Cover!]-[Scrapelick]-[All-Red Mind]-[Lifȩbl̸eȩd]-[†Blade Maiestuos]-[†Fourscore]-[†Bloody Blade]-[†Disembowel]-[†Marrowgore]-[MARROW CANNON]
* His armor is a Vampire!

WAR WITH A LORD posted:

You strike first. Bleeder stays off the cannon in favor of wielding his monstrous sword. It smells of the tropics and the sweet cloying stink of vampire marrow sealed inside an undead carapace, surface forming fangs and slivers when it smells something to eat.

Fast enough to strike in the twice, with a sword in the quick... you want to make sure it goes through without a hitch, so you concentrate it to a single sure stab. You're going to time your hit, scare Bleeder to death, and deliver it with a meteorstrike.

You get to act twice!
†Timed Hit! (Bleeder's Defense negated!)
(!Tyranny - I n e v i t a b l e) 18 [1]+[5]+[1] = 7 - Success (By 11).
vs
(Bleeder's Lordly WL) 14 / 10 [3]+[4]+[6] = 13 - Success (By 1).
(+10 to hit Bleeder for one round!)

It's easy for you, driven mad as you are. Screaming with your lungs so strong it fractures the cathedral bones. You lock eyes with the Lord as you take aim, his suit already lacing up around him in totality with fangs flared. But you made your promise with the abandon of shroud and shield. You're driven solely by your will to live and overcome, and it has to be proved absolute and in the now. Or you'll never be strong enough to save your soul.

(!Tyranny - Slaying Sword Strike) 28 - [4]+[3]+[1] = 8 - Critical Hit!
[All-Out Attack - Deadly] - [†Blade Majestueux][-1 FP]
[5]+[2]+[4]+[2]+[5] = 11 Damage!
(Critical Hit Effect) - [1]+[2]+[5] = 8 (Bleeder's Defense is Negated for the rest of the fight!!)

HP: [ 19 / 19 ]
FP: [ 16 / 30 ]

HE CAN'T REACT FAST ENOUGH!!

You held his eyes, his pale red eyes with all of the wide of your rainy dawn gaze and he blinked he actually blinked!! You mean it when you drive the sword into the biggest muscle cluster of the heart. It gouges into the irontough flesh, needleteeth shattering on the striated stone. Oh God he still can't break your stare, even when the stab severs something vital and his guard goes slack. You pull back after wrenching hard to mangle the vampire muscle, now silent to let the echosound of the blood seeping into pools just barely cover up Bleeder's pained inhales of genuine surprise. He leans back and up a step, hand to his wound, now unable to move anywhere near as fast as before. Struggling against his own unlife support.

The Lord looks at you with his sword raised in warding, eyes gaining color and light with the understanding of a genuine unforeseen threat. He's going to hurt you. He's going to make you suffer. His teeth are going to be sharp.

But he understands that you struck first and you broke him.

You are the horrible thing waiting in the pitch black room.

ANXIETY: [ X ][ X ][ X ][ X ][50%] [You can do this...]
TYRANNY: [3%]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

That was cool.

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
That was beyond cool.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

You did it. Not the Tyrant I, not the thousand-reflected silver mind, just You. Here's hoping Bleeder stays beaten. He may hate You, but You just needs his loyalty, not his friendship.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
Oh hell yeah, PS4 big boss remix. That's the poo poo.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Bleeder's boss theme is pretty cool.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
Absolutely loving this. Agreed on Bleeder's boss music being great, though I think the Megalith track was my favorite.

I do hope he'll be okay and we can maybe end this without him dying.This seems increasingly unlikely, but it's been clear in our sections from his POV that the Lords-well, the sapient ones, no loving clue about Moulder and Doubler-are close to each other and killing him would at the very least mess with our relationships with Red and Blue.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
yeah it would be hosed up to use red's cloak against one of her friends. i hope bleeder survives following a severe rear end kicking. count on that motherfucker - one! one rear end kicked! ah ha ha!

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

We also haven't actually started praying yet.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Turns out our method of prayer involves stabbing things to death. Bit of a misunderstanding.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

WAR WITH A LORD posted:

Bleeder steps from left to right, and gently leans his weight into a sudden drop of his sword in a heavy skull-smashing arc. The way he figures, if he can't move reliably enough to avoid being hit... then he may as well hit as hard as he possibly can. Finesse could come after the answering hate if a crown-splitting execution.

(!LORD - Crownsplitter) 14(+6)(-7) [4]+[2]+[4] = 10 - Success.
[All-Out Attack: +6 to-hit] [Aimed For Skull: -7 to-hit]
[Black Crown] 1 Damage!

HP: [ 18 / 19 ]
FP: [ 16 / 30 ]

God, the look on his face when he sees it. You reaching up, carefully pushing the blade away as he struggles with your pressure, and then he sees your face and how you're smiling...

(!Tyranny - Free Intimidation Attempt) 18 [1]+[2]+[1] = 6 - Great Success!
vs
(Bleeder's Lordly WL) 14 / 10 [6]+[4]+[2] = 12 - Success (By 2).

A lull of seconds, midnight growing, the realization that the event horizon is starting to exert more pull that his strength might be able to outpower. You answer back with your sword in fourfold fury, knowing that as soon as you finish he's going to go for the heart.

You get to act twice!

No need for timed hits or guard-shaking threats. No reason not to go all-out and win the race. It's all a matter of your intent and the attentions of Lady Luck. You drive your Kadath-clad arms to a first limit with the fury of six slaying strokes aimed for the wounded heart of the Seventh Holy Lord.

[Two turns All-Out Attack (Double Attack) + 1 extra attack from Quickling Brand + †Blade Majestueux x6] [-6 FP]

(!Tyranny - Slaystrike 1) 18 [5]+[6]+[4] = 15 - Success!
[12 Damage!]
(!Tyranny - Slaystrike 2) 18 [6]+[4]+[6] = 16 - Success!
[13 Damage!]
(!Tyranny - Slaystrike 3) 18 [6]+[6]+[1] = 13 - Success!
[10 Damage!]
(!Tyranny - Slaystrike 4) 18 [3]+[4]+[4] = 11 - Success!
[7 Damage!]
(!Tyranny - Slaystrike 5) 18 [6]+[1]+[1] = 8 - Success!
[0 Damage!]
(!Tyranny - Slaystrike 6) 18 [2]+[2]+[3] = 7 - Critical Hit!
(Critical Hit Effect) - [3]+[4]+[5] = 12 (Bleeder falls over!)
[10 Damage!]

[52 Total Damage!]

HP: [ 18 / 19 ]
FP: [ 10 / 30 ]

Bleeder is reeling! He falls back on the grand steps, as his torso is lacerated with darkened stone over and over and over, your face the shadow mask while you do the reaping work. It's hardly enough to fatally harm him, but you can see progress. You can't stress your body that hard again without risking collapse. You have to just pray to fight stronger than the Lord. He's moving now. He's ready to punish you now. He's revealing the eyes of a Survivor now.

(ULTIMATE HELL ART - MARROW CANNON) 14(-4) [5]+[6]+[1] = 12 - Missed!

What-

You didn't see what his arm did. Just the horrible pain of your popping ears, the air going suffocation-stale, and your eyes blanking from a split-second gamma flash before the air roars back with the echo of the howling. The ray of killing blight just missed you, leaving a cool trail of dead air where your belly had been a second before. Bleeder is back on his feet with his sword readied again, while you leap to him to begin the next hewing parade of murderous intent. But your swing is softer this time, and who knows if you can sustain this pace, even with the enroyalment of your body.

[Two turns All-Out Attack (Double Attack) + 1 extra attack from Quickling Brand]

(!Tyranny - Slaystrike 1) 18 [5]+[6]+[4] = 15 - Success!
[6 Damage!]
(!Tyranny - Slaystrike 2) 18 [6]+[4]+[6] = 16 - Success!
[4 Damage!]
(!Tyranny - Slaystrike 3) 18 [6]+[6]+[1] = 13 - Success!
[0 Damage!]
(!Tyranny - Slaystrike 4) 18 [3]+[4]+[4] = 11 - Success!
[0 Damage!]
(!Tyranny - Slaystrike 5) 18 [6]+[1]+[1] = 8 - Success!
[2 Damage!]
(́!T҉y͟r͟ann̴y - ̀S͘la̵ys͡t͞rike 6)̧ ͜18̕ ̴[6]̴+[6͝]+[6]͞ ̢= 18 ͞- ̧DAR͏K ҉I͏NT͟ÈRV̕ENT̡ION

[12 Total Damage!]

Too fast. Too sloppy. Too furiously. Your arms tire for that one vital second before you stab forward...

...and the armor unlaces, flowering out to gently envelop your arm and trap your sword.

Something terrible is going to happen.

Bleeder is smiling now.

ANXIETY: [ ! ][ ! ][ ! ][ ! ][ ! ][ ! ][70%] [NO...!]
TYRANNY: [1%]

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
OH poo poo

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
I'm still not that sure about interventions but I actually think that probably could have gone worse because I think 18 is usually a Hell Intervention, right? That would be...bad. Worse, probably.

Not that this isn't like, insanely bad.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
This is it, it has to be it. Ctrl+F8, everyone!! Can I get a second?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Randalor posted:

$10 says we crit fail with 6-6-6 the first attack and the only reason we eck out a win is because Bleeder was too busy laughing his rear end off to actually attack us at first.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Hm. Molten Veins, if your fluff has a use this would probably be the time.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Our tyranny dropped back down to 1% as well! I wonder what is the cause of that...

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

I don’t think we should Ctrl+F8 yet - we still have our absurd HT stat to act as a cushion. I just really hope we don’t lose the limb…

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Yeah, I don't think for ctrl-f8 either, I think it's time to pray with our chicken feather.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
Okay, I'll follow your lead. Pray pray pray!

plaintiff
May 15, 2015

praying to the powers right now

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
We were pretty un-tasty last time, I'm pretty sure we've not got any more flavorful.

devildragon777
May 17, 2014

They'd be a lot more scary if they were more than an inch tall each.

With Molten Veins, hopefully we're to spicy too eat. And our feather gives us a chance to evade death, right? Let's pray to make it back to Kwiat, we promised, after all.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
rip bleeder, died from trying to eat too spicy a meatball

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

"HERE HE COMES!"

It was Barthelomew's voice that bear-roared over the liquid deaf of blood and scalding ichor. Cassandra looked up through the raun, her sword shakily aimed while she held Gaziel's hand in guidance. Vincent's poetry had convinced the monstrous cold of the bonesongs to spare them, augmented by the cloud of sauna heat that the fire magi promoted. All to survive towards this one moment nightmare-

The Lord landed, and Megalith cried out.

Home's Army circled and advanced without hesitation, a hundred faces painted dark by the redfall and ultimate stress of the last few weeks. It was the Barthelomew first, his silver crowbar bright with holy fire as he drove it directly into Bleeder's hand. But he didn't flinch and drop his wounded sword, the bonebroke innards making GBS threads toothy marrow that flailed in search of a veinmeal.

Lordship began. Needlethins sprung out and slammed into necks, wrists, thighs, immediately threatening half a dozen lives with a drain-draw that sent the torn suit into a swollen state of bloodscular threat. Bleeder's face was hollow and holy, sleepless eyes blank with rage. The thins were cut before fatality, every swordfighter of Home with blade drawn and advancing in tandem, demanding the horrible respite of watching them be torn down one by one in rapid stroke against the Hellbright Knight, to buy seconds for the wounded needing time to prepare the counterpư̕͞s̴͜h̸̕͏͢͞.̷̛͠ ̡͏̢̛̛ ̵̴̀͘͠ ̵̸ ̶́͢ ̨̛͟͏͡ ̢̧̡͜ ̴͏ ̀͘ ̷̷̡͏ ̀͟҉̴ ̧ ̡̕ ̵́ ̢̕͠ ̡͟ ͜͞҉͝ ̨͜͏͜ ̵͞ ̡̛͟͡͞ ̧̕͟͜ ̨̧͢͟ ̴̛̕ ̨̧͘ ̢͝ ̢̀̀͠͡ ͜͟͏̶ ͏̷̨͝͡ ̸́͘͝ ̸̧̛͟͠ ̡́̕ ̢͡ ҉̵̛́ ̶̕͢͜͝ ͠͡͡ ̧͟͏ ̧̢̀ ̷̨͝͞ ͘͢ ̵̀͠͝ ̧͟͜͡ ̶͢͢͠҉ ̵̷̡ ̛͝ ̴̧͠ ̢͟҉͡ ̶̨̕ ̷̢͡ ̨͜͠ ̷̡̛̕ ̸̴͠͞ ̶̶͞͡͏ ̴̀ ̵͠ ̕̕͘ ̴͜͟͜͏ ͢ ̶̶͘ ̶̡̡̕͡ ̴̵̡ ͟͝ ̢̕͜͡ ̶͡͠͞ ̢͟͜͞ ̵̢͠ ̵͢͏̢̡ ́͠ ͘͏̨̡ ̸̶̴̢̀ ̡͢͡͡ ̸̧̧ ̷̛̀̀ ̀̀͝ ͢҉ ̶͝ ̛҉̡́͢ ̢͘͠ ̴́͡ ̨͟ ̸̛̀͟ ͜͏̸̶͝ ̸̕͢͏ ́͏̸̕ ͘҉̕͠ ͞ ̴͠ ̕͏ ̵̕͜ ̛҉ ͏ ̴͟͠ ̸̀͟҉ ̷̀ ͜͏̡ ̵̨͘͘͟ ̀́͟͠ ̧̨̡͝ ̶̷̢́ ̧̢̛҉͞ ̷̢͘͝ ̷̴̀̀͞ ͟͝ ͟ ͢͏̨ ̵̶͡ ̧͏ ̴̷̢̧ ̴͘͡ ͜҉ ̴̵͟͡ ̶҉ ̸̴͜ ̛̀͘͞ ͠҉ ͏͝͡͏͞ ̶̛́́ ̢̀͜͢ ̸͞ ͘͟͟͝ ̶̡҉̷ ̢̨ ͡҉̴ ̷̶́ ̴̴̨͢͝ ̴̀̀ ̀͘͞͞ ̧̧̧̛͜ ̶̡̢͘͝ ̨͝ ̡̛͘ ̶͝͝ ͏̸ ͠͞ ̛ ̧́͡ ͟҉ ̸̛͜ ̀́̕͟҉ ͞ ͢͠ ͜ ̡̧̛͟ ̵͠ ̶̨̕͞͡ ̴̴̴̢͘ ̧̢̨̡̕ ̴̡̨͟ ̵̨ ̵͘ ̢͟ ͢͝͝ ̨͜ ̷̛̀͞ ̸̢̢̀͠ ̵͜ ̢̢͞ ̵̸̢͘͟ ̧̀͠ ̵̕͠͝ ̵̡͜ ̸́́ ̨̨͘ ̸̧ ̴͝͠ ̵̧ ̵̴̕͘ ̧̡̛͜ ̵̨́ ̧̛́̀҉ ̨̕͏ ̷͡ļ̨̕e̸̴̴a͠͏̛n̶̕͜e҉̴̢͘d̵͡͝҉ ̴͘͟u̡p slowly and grunts, winking at you. The filthy gallon milk jug is filled with something liquid heavy, pitch black and opal iridescent in stray layers. You sniff the air, suspicious, and look at her to ask what the hell it is.

"THIS", Momtwo says, "is one of the most important stashes from the last existence or the next." The side of the jug has some red tape with wild handwriting on it that you don't recognize as her own. It says *BELLA'S BITCHIN' BLACK BREW* and it makes the room smell like bitter cherry acetone. The witch is proud as princess puke of her mix, going by the sneer she's remembering something with. She takes out a toothpick and smacks the jug. "I'm aces with alchemy, good with chemistry. I've known and know people who are masters of both. This longterm experiment is adding a little bit of every batch of whatever interesting or positive substance to a stabilized total. If someone needs to die and probably ascend they can chug the entire pudding drink; if you want to actually enjoy it safely, just a tiny bit on the tip of a pick will do it. Now don't you DARE tell Holly, but I've swiped some of her medical-grade best to help modify the brew's aff̵̴̸̛͠í̀n͏̧̕t̴̸y͏̴͘͟ ̵̀ ́҉ ̧̡ ̶ ̵̀͟͞ ́͠ ̢̛͡ ͏́͘ ҉͡ ̶́͝ ̶̧̡͘ ̸̢͠͏̸ ̢͝ ̸̀ ̷̡̛̀͞ ͘͟ ̶̧̛̀͜ ̷̸́ ̵ ̷̧ ͏̴̸́́ ̷̶̧̧ ̨̛͞͝ ̵̶̢̀ ̀́̕͘͞ ̴̡͢͞ ̵̢͡͏ ͞ ̕͢ ͜͝͝ ͢ ̧̡͞͝ ̕͞͞ ͜͢͠͡ ̵̶̵ ̷̢͜͝ ̢͞ ̡̡͝͡ ̢͡͞͡҉ ̨̕ ͘͘͞ ҉ ͢͠͏ ̢̧̕ ̧̀͠ ̨͝ ҉҉͜͠͡ ̧̨͢͠ ̧͘͢ ̀̕ ҉͟͡ ͝͞ ͏̴͞ ̴̢͟ ̵̶ ̷́͘͝ ̸҉ ̡͘͜ ̶̵̶̕͟ ̀͡ ́͟͜͜͡ ̕ ͏̧̕ ̶̨͜͠ ̷̸̕ ̸͢͞ ͜҉́ ̵̨͜͜ ͟҉ ̴ ͠҉ ̶̢ ̶͠ ̧̛̛ ͢͞͡ ͜͜͏ ̕͘҉̸ ҉̴̢̨ ̧͏̧͜͠ ͏͡͝ ̵̸̧̧̢ ̛͢͜҉́ ͏ ҉̧͜ ̶̕͜ ̷̛ ͟͠ ͏ ͢͞ ҉̴́͠ ̸̷̨͝ ̨̡ ̶̢̀͘ ̴ ̴͡ ̢́͟ ̧҉̛ ̡̛ ͞҉ ̶̡̕͝ ̸̧́͘͡ ҉͢ ̢̕͟ ̶̧͜͠ ̵͞ ̨̛҉̷̢ ͜͝ ̸̛́͠͞ ̶̨͘ ̵̸̡̧͞ ̛͏͡͝͏ ̸̀͡ ̢̛͜ ͏ ̵̸̡ ̷́҉͟͏ ͢҉ ̧̀ ̶͘͡͞͠ ̸̡̨́͢ ̛̀̀̕ ̶҉͢ ̵̧͘͜ ̡͞ ̢̛ ̴̵̢̀͢ ̷҉͠ ̸̵̡̕͏ ̵̛͜͟ ̢͠ ̸͜ ͏̢͝͠ ͝͏̛͢ ̸̨͝ ҉̡͠ ͟͏̨͜͞ ́ ̸̧͡ ̕̕͟͢ ͏̀́̀͘ ̴̴̛͜͟ ́͟͏ ͢͏҉̡͢g̡̕͡͡a͏͘͟ś̡̢p͏͟ing for air. You finally hosed up. Bleeder is laughing. He's so lovely with tired, looking relieved with the smallest catharsis in the longest time. Affirmation of a Survivor. His hand reforms out of the cannon, still freezing with the icy vapors of the blast, grabbing your other arm as you're fully grasped. Left arm dragged into the hellish body. Right wrist gripped frozen cold. Body pressed to the carefully-restrained form of teeth. No pain yet. He's lazy with it, taking a second to catch his breath while he ignores your mounting terror. He locks eyes, still laughing like you do when you've haven't slept in days and you nearly die and you just giggle.

"Ok. It's alright. It's budding a spore. You're going to be fine- wonderful, even. This isn't something I'd really do on purpose, but you've earned it. You're scary with a sword."

The blade is spat out by the suit, fangs failing to break it. Your arm is trapped inside, wrapped around. Your heart is pressed to Bleeder's. Your wrist is held carefully. You can't escape, and it's already entering your veins, while something fanged slowly pierces into your heart. You don't scream, body trapped in a helpless state you're too slow now to snap out of. The suit, the suit that tasted your blood fallen holy, now seeks to overcome your power with its Lordly-blessed function. The muscle red was so much of flesh bonded by an entire clustering hive of the vampire parasites who used the suit as their living host. You think of the movie in your moment of darkness, the needles preparing one of the parasites for your heart as they snake all the way up your arm for the injection.

He's just smiling now, quiet and comforting.

WAR WITH A LORD posted:

Bleeder used [gift].

Everything is going to be just fine now.

ANXIETY: [ !! ][ !! ][ !! ][ !! ][ !! ][ !! ][ !! ][80%] [please no please no please no]
TYRANNY: [?%]

You pr ̷̧͞ ҉̴̡́ ̷̷̡͘ ̴̨́͠wait. Look at that.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Oh god oh gently caress. :pray:

Edit:

FAT BATMAN posted:

Fun fact, the human stomach has such a massive cluster of nerves, it’s one of the parts of the human body that can most auto-function without commands from the brain. It’s sometimes thought of as a “second brain”.
I wonder what a onerun would look like where the Trash Compactor is the one most behind the wheel. :v:

I think if we become a vampire we’ll find out what happens when you’re a slave to hunger. :(

OTOH, the human stomach is well-trained in how to respond to foreign entities that enter the body, and combined with the shrooms, can maybe synthesize an effective immune response.
But I don’t remember us eating anything with silver in it recently.

Molten veins kicking in would be super cool too!

FAT BATMAN fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Nov 10, 2021

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Come on us making the sign or Burner showing up to reclaim Moloch Buster and wondering what the gently caress is going on.

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
Ahem, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. :frogsiren:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Look. It's right there. See it?

First, the draining. It happens flood-swift. It's so cold.

HP: [ 0 / 19 ] [Pass-Out Risk!] [Arm Crippled!]
FP: [ 10 / 30 ]

(HT - Do Not Pass Out) 30 / 10 [1]+[4]+[6] = 11 - Success (By 19).

You're wide-awake. Right? I know you are. It's ok. Bleeder's right. It's all going to be ok. Watch. I know, I know - your arm. I know. It's ok. I know. Listen to me. The parasite is crawling up your veins now. Focus on me!

A͢N͏X͝IÈTY: [͘ ͡!!͜! ̵]̸[́ ͡!!̛! ][ !!!͟ ͘]̷[͢ ͢!!!͠ ]͡[̡ !͏!͞!̢ ̡]̴[͞ !!̕! ]͡[͡ !!͏! ][́ !̢!͝! ̨]͢[́9̧0͘%̸]͝ ͘[!́!!!̕!!͏!]̨

Listen to me.

(WL - Listen.) 20(-9) [6]+[3]+[2] = 11 - Exact Success.

You're still. You're in that liquid glass bubble of calm. Oh, this place... painless. The only time we're relaxed. When it's all going exactly as wrong as you always know it's going to go. When the catastrophe is here again. You're so, so relaxed. You exhale once, just underneath the panic, seeing it move as a warm ocean torrent of killing thought. You feel the parasite crawling up your icy-cold arm, now reaching into your heart. You,

I and You, we know what's true. Isn't that the real hunt of it? For this calm state; it's what always feels the best. Perfect self-control. True competence. It's the one second of Heaven before the sickness comes back. But when it's like this, it's easy. So easy. Look, together: you and I. Just stay within the liquid glass and watch how we punish every underestimation. Watch how effortless this is.

Your head leans into Bleeder's chest and you sigh again. Watch. Watch. The parasite is at your heart now. You're holding him with religious weary. He doesn't understand yet, what you've come to seen done. He doesn't understand why a Tyrant is more than a Lord.

Ready?

Okay.

Let's go.

No vomiting.

WAR WITH A LORD posted:

Uh oh. A tiny little flowery bug was wriggled into your h̷e̸̛a͘r͏͢͝tm̵͏͡e̕͠a͟t. It's a f̷r̕ie̶nd. A g̢if̵t. Open your heart.

A̡N͠XI̵E̡T̷Y: [̷ ̕!͞!̛!͢ ̕][ ̕!̛!! ]̛[ !!! ][͢ ̡!!!͜ ][ !͜!҉!́ ̵][́ !͟!҉! ̴][̨ ̕!!͜!̵ ͞][̵ ̶!!͠!҉ ͘][͢9̛9%]
T͠YRA͘NNY̡:͟ ͝[́ X ][ ͟X ][ X ]͘[̀ ̨X ̨]̕[̀ ̴X ̷][ ̡X ]͏[͞ ̵X̡ ͠]͘[͘ X ]͡[99҉%]

Oh yes.

I open our heart for it.

With my arms outstretched?

(With our arms outstretched.)

The parasite begins the fusion process. It's irreversible.

[HT 30] - Hahaha. Uh oh! Something's not right.

The parasite is uneasy, though it's not sure why. It bonds with the heart, whose pace has gone glacial. The powerful muscles prove easy to weave into.

[Lionheart] - The heart is exceptionally strong and trained...

The parasite is worried, though it's not sure why. It begins to let its initial secretion seep out to stain the heart midnight red, slowly assuming neural control of all the cardiovascular systems.

[Mushroom Mind!] - The fungus can see everything you think.

The parasite is paranoid, though it can't sense why. It finds the brain strange when its supercells return from the bloodflow infection, made from matter that was partly something worryingly familiar, as well as what looked like weird mutation growths in several spots. Something wasn't right.

[Kadath Royalty] - Oh that rotten vanilla spice, the smell of the Parade!

The parasite is starting to panic, and it cannot figure out why the hell this is going so well, even by the standards of these kind of effortless enslavements of bloodlife.

[Vampire Knight Fan] - It's nice to have picked up some genuine education on bad little parasites in a trashy fun film.

The parasite has enwrapped the entire heart. It's all over. The biology is claimed, and now it will be fed a neverending glut of raw meat and fresh blood, giving it the watering necessary to blossom further still over the years, slowly burning out the host's mind and driving them mad with...

[WL 20] - We get to laugh together now, Bleeder. Thank you for the gift.

The parasite screams through your chest. The bone slenders withdraw under a sudden compulsion, but not before you manage to drag back some of Bleeder's blood - both his, and the suits. The scream and sensation sends Bleeder and his suit stepping back from you from fright. Something horrible is happening. You're bleeding profusely. You're smiling. Your heart is so calm.

You bend down and pick up your sword, using your unmangled arm. You inhale.

HP: [ 13 / 19 ] [Arm Crippled!]
FP: [ 30 / 30 ] [Maxed Out!]

You stole enough to feel like you've had a full night's sleep, though you're still left hungry.

[Molten Veins] - The wound is heated. It's badly damaged, but it'll heal fine. By the way, that same blood is going to be feeling real unpleasant suddenly for a parasite, as well as the one who drank it. All this blessing from Red is making you dangerous. Bless her. Thank you. Watch now. See?

Bleeder is in pain. His suit has supped nuclear blood. The parasite is crying.

It's trapped now. Slave to a biology much too hostile to survive in, driven by an intent much too murderous to oppose. The supercells of the beautiful Paradise injection have completely subverted the worst, such that even once they fade, the vampire parasite will be permanently crippled and unable to fight back. Your mushrooms have already done the most horrific thing a fungus can do; they've grown into the neurons linked into your heart from the parasite, a mini cluster, effortlessly eating higher Mythos functions with gin's help, tricking it into thinking it is the parasite now. Well, about half of it is the original to keep it working right. It's really complex, what with the spices of Kadath inducing a blissful docility, the scalding nuclear blood of deceptive activation becoming a constant lash, and your sheer force of sorcery able to grab the superparasite by the spirit-neck and grind its face to concrete until it stops kicking.

A̡N͠XI̵E̡T̷Y: [̷ ̕!͞!̛!͢ ̕][ ̕!̛!! ]̛[ !!! ][͢ ̡!!!͜ ][ !͜!҉!́ ̵][́ !͟!҉! ̴][̨ ̕!!͜!̵ ͞][̵ ̶!!͠!҉ ͘][͢9̛9%]
T͠YRA͘NNY̡:͟ ͝[́ X ][ ͟X ][ X ]͘[̀ ̨X ̨]̕[̀ ̴X ̷][ ̡X ]͏[͞ ̵X̡ ͠]͘[͘ X ]͡[99҉%]

FIRST-TIME SUPERHIGH ON LORD-GRADE CONCENTRATE VAMPIRE BLOOD: [MIN]||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||[MAX|||||||||||]|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

New Corruption added!

Black August fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Nov 10, 2021

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

:sbahj:

:suspense:

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Awwww we now have a little friend!

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

:emptyquote:

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Black August posted:

FIRST-TIME SUPERHIGH ON LORD-GRADE CONCENTRATE VAMPIRE BLOOD: [MIN]||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||[MAX|||||||||||]|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Delicious!

Stage Beans
May 16, 2007

gently caress yeah

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Ho-ly poo poo!

It really did take everything, including probably our chirurgeon background, to pull that off.

This is a terrifyingly powerful level of Tyranny; even if it’s a rare state of mind and the equivalent of a Limit Break, this mastery over the body and self would put a kung fu monk to shame.

As we grow stronger, there may very well come a time when we can do this without much effort, if not already:

https://youtu.be/jLYYTLsFeG0

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Honestly that was about half what I expected to happen, because we're atypical in just about every possible way. And yet... the update is better than I imagined!

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Should i be concerned that we appear to have 7 measures of radiance? That can't possibly be good.

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014

:emptyquote:

Grond
Mar 31, 2016

Regallion posted:

Should i be concerned that we appear to have 7 measures of radiance? That can't possibly be good.

Oh we got that a while back, with Momma Logon. The price to pay for getting us ready to fight I guess. It doesn't seem to be doing anything right now.

Also it's kinda funny to me that we're such a freak biological horrorshow that even a vampire can't do anything to us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Regallion posted:

Eh, we rolled a 6-6-6 at literally the worst possible time, and rather than game over-ing, we got... wait, didn't the blue book say that you only got the Lord Corruptions after beating them?

Either way, "Holy poo poo we beat a Lord after critical failing" is worth some levels of Radiance. And knowing how this onerun has been, we'll probably accidentally discover a way to make stacks of Radiance a good thing.

So we have a very important question that needs to be answered: What do we name our new little friend? He seems like a Frank to me.