Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I'm going to melt down anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if the sealion comic is exclusively about men its still bad tbh. scared?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

at this point it's a 7 yo strip of a webcomic. like what next, are we gonna debate sluggy freelance

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

bessantj posted:

LGR looks back at a little known game called Skyrim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s22_Hz1nJ00

Wow, Skyrim is 10 years old, that feels...

...actually pretty reasonable. Huh.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

The 7th Guest posted:

at this point it's a 7 yo strip of a webcomic. like what next, are we gonna debate sluggy freelance
This point is as smooth as the skin of a shark (a type of lion that lives underwater).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The 7th Guest posted:

lets discuss elf only inn

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I'm going to have a meltdown about anime

Post, coward, you are only going to kill a thread.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Endorph posted:

better than discussing elf life. that guy went bonkers

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The 7th Guest posted:

better than discussing elf life. that guy went bonkers

Or Goblins, which started off weird and nuts. I remember several strips dedicated to somebody melting.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Dire Lemming posted:

Post, coward, you are only going to kill a thread.

anime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ExePeYkGwA

anime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW_wBj466yw

anime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDc9aI--PR0

anime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb-DtICmPTY

anime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N5ni5z6lcM

anime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxFEuCgYhpQ

anime...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5bVWzTyJ7E

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Dawgstar posted:

Or Goblins, which started off weird and nuts. I remember several strips dedicated to somebody melting.

...wasn't that EVERY strip?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Macaluso posted:

edit: Wow wrong thread

Good lala though.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Endorph posted:

Well that's a blast from the past. Haven't thought about Elf Only Inn in years.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

fun hater posted:

my boyfriend loves watching this guy's stuff and i watch a few of them too and like them a lot. but i really love the ones about the unbelievably hosed up car he's trying to fix up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6OKgREcHFM

My mom used to have a Fiat 126p, lol. What a car. Definitely will give it a watch

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Samovar posted:

...wasn't that EVERY strip?

Well, yes, Goblins was always drawn like they were melting but this had a character who got hit by like an acid trap or something and was dissolving.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Shaun updated again, with a call to arms

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
This BBC thing is just so drat vile.

"Sure, let's jump onto this Mumsnet hate train. Who do we can platform? An admittest sexual assaulter, great! Let's also demonstrably lie and say we couldn't find any trans woman to be quoted in the piece. Now for some data...here, a study by Terfs who think suddenly realizing they are speaking to a trans person means they are being forced into sex." -chef's kiss-

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

As bad as our media is here in the US the UK is on another level.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
You know what, I am glad they did a Brexit..
I only feel pity for those trapped on that hell island who will suffer because of this.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I'm laughing but really I'm dying inside every moment I'm trapped on his rock full of spiteful hogmen.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Prime Minister "My "The UK is not corrupt" shirt has a lot of people asking questions already answered by my shirt" is a real stunner. Brexit itself is so odd I don't think I'll ever get over it, especially as it plays out the way it has(exactly how people who said it was a bad idea would) and yet somehow there's this aura of surprise around what's happening.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
The sheer volume of leopard face eating coming out of Brexit for the past few years is just incredible. You could fill a Youtube channel just chronicling every instance and not run out of content for a long while.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The people who’s jobs involved exports or something that would get screwed over by Brexit voting for it, then complaining that it happened I see quite a bit.

I know a lot of the messaging was flat out lies, but did these people get convinced that if they left the EU all these countries would be so threatened that they would give in to all of the UK’s demands right away.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

UK conservatives honestly believed the UK was still a world power, when it hasn't been for decades. They though the rest of the world will just bend for them and make room, after all they're THE United Kingdom no one can say no to that. They were allowed to continue pretending this was the case exclusively through the collective power offered by the EU. Those conservatives either didn't realize this or did and were upset by the cognitive dissonance it caused. So they voted for BREXIT to prove the UK could still play as a solo big boy.

It's like those guys who talk about Californian or Texan session and actually believe it.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Brexit as a whole is insane to follow. I think what it all boils down to is that they genuinely thought they held all the cards. There were lots of weird theories floating around, like that German car manufacturers would intervene and Merkel would personally make the EU cave. Just wild poo poo that demonstrates a fundamentally wrong view of how that whole thing works.

I think at its core it's a basic failure of empathy. The British press was crowing how the EU would immediately disintegrate in a domino effect. However, they never asked the important question that should flow from that assumption: What if the EU actually takes this as an existential threat and reacts accordingly?

Also, I think they genuinely cannot comprehend that everyone in Europe can read and understand their media, while the reverse isn't true. You had unelected British bureaucrats say one thing in the negotiations and then immediately rush to British media to claim the opposite. Of course that was noticed.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Empire is a disease. It creates an environment in the imperial core that breeds thoughtless cruelty. This sickness doesn’t go away. It stinks into the soil. It becomes part of place.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Brexit related, I'm still in absolute awe of this pundit's intro https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q7_-jCR3xk

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off
Great Britain has always acted like they're superior compared to the rest of Europe (and most of the world) and it's funny to follow the events caused by Brexit even if it's sad normal people are getting caught in the crossfire.

I'm not a big fan of the EU at all but just straight up leaving without a plan in place was a really bad idea.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Antigravitas posted:

Brexit related, I'm still in absolute awe of this pundit's intro https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q7_-jCR3xk
This man has a mastery of self control that I would find impossible, not saying "no poo poo" every time he quoted a tory complaining.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
If Cummings is to be believed (lol) Johnson had literally no idea what Brexit actually was and just realised he could ride the slogan to the top job.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

IIRC Britain already had numerous beneficial exemptions or special circumstances arrangements with the EU because it was so drat hard to get them to join in the first place.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
It's pretty clear in retrospect that the Leave vote benefited tremendously from the vagueness of its proprosal; what leaving the E.U. meant was never made clear, and so brexit could be all things to all men, while the Remain campaign suffred from the fact that it was arguing for a status quo that nobody really was a fan of.

The actual execution of Brexit has been made far more harmful by the immense stupidity of English politicians. Not only was rhetoric allowed to define the extent to which Britain has divested itself (Hard Brexit was clearly chosen becasue it looked decisive and simple), but the actual negotiations have been a giant loving mess; a highlight being much hay being made by Johnson over the fisheries policy throughout the discussions despite its relative lack of importance to the economy, only to end with a deal that still managed to gently caress over the fishing industry in the U.K.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
The UK has consistently fought things they proposed, haven't they? I know that was the case in NI.

Kullik
Jan 5, 2017

Not sure if he's been brought up here previously but my absolute favorite youtube guy is Atomic Shrimp who makes videos about a massive range of topics, from scambaiting to cooking, to gardening to foraging in the woods to various craft and technology projects. I really love this guys channel, his videos are very relaxing and informative and generally positive, and his comment sections are basically the only ones on youtube i will ever actually read because the community there is excellent and well curated.
He just recently started a discord server and its been very disheartening to see the unwashed youtube masses flood in with all sorts of awful stuff to say and i just feel real bad for the guy.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Kullik posted:

Not sure if he's been brought up here previously but my absolute favorite youtube guy is Atomic Shrimp who makes videos about a massive range of topics, from scambaiting to cooking, to gardening to foraging in the woods to various craft and technology projects. I really love this guys channel, his videos are very relaxing and informative and generally positive, and his comment sections are basically the only ones on youtube i will ever actually read because the community there is excellent and well curated.
He just recently started a discord server and its been very disheartening to see the unwashed youtube masses flood in with all sorts of awful stuff to say and i just feel real bad for the guy.

Well that's a shame, I like Atomic Shrimp. What are unwashed masses saying? Pretty sure anyone scambaiting is always at risk of continuous harassment by scammers and weirdos who like scammers.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Grondoth posted:

The UK has consistently fought things they proposed, haven't they? I know that was the case in NI.

Oh no no no, they've moved beyond that. They are now fighting against agreements they negotiated, held a general election on, and signed. Or in the case of the NI protocol, the same people who negotiated it and pushed it through parliament are now arguing that actually the deal they negotiated and signed was bad, actually, but it's the EU's fault.

Do NOT look into all the poo poo that's brexited in the last 5 years, it's just one joker moment after another.

Kullik
Jan 5, 2017

Armitag3 posted:

Well that's a shame, I like Atomic Shrimp. What are unwashed masses saying? Pretty sure anyone scambaiting is always at risk of continuous harassment by scammers and weirdos who like scammers.

Its just a big cesspool full of children posting memes and arguing about the fact the server has pronouns in people's roles and just having pretty unpleasant vibes, not so much harassment just sweaty unpleasantness

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Samovar posted:

Shaun updated again, with a call to arms

I'm cracking open a cold one and getting big angry again.

DeafNote posted:

You know what, I am glad they did a Brexit..
I only feel pity for those trapped on that hell island who will suffer because of this.

It feels a little more bitter here in Scotland, but at least we have a possible escape chute.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Well if it helps, my own country has some levity to bring, as presented by Thought Slime and Curio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgEwWWOlicE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Kullik posted:

Its just a big cesspool full of children posting memes and arguing about the fact the server has pronouns in people's roles and just having pretty unpleasant vibes, not so much harassment just sweaty unpleasantness

Unless you are a parasocial youtuber for teens I don't see why any adult creator would choose to have a discord. what a mistake.