Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I didn't have anything better to do before work:

1. Stardust Crusaders vs. The World
2. Caesar & Joseph vs. Wham
3. Polnareff & Iggy vs. Cream
4. Gappy & Hato (Josefumi & Kira) vs. Vitamin C
5. Bruno & Mista vs. Grateful Dead & Beach Boy
6. Doppio vs. Metallica
7. Giorno & Mista vs. White Album
8. Giorno, Mista & Bruno vs. Green Day & Oasis
9. Koichi & Jotaro vs. Killer Queen (Sheer Heart Attack)
10. Iggy vs. Pet Shop

Honorable mentions: Pearl Jam, D'Arby, D'Arby, Milagro Man, Beetle Tendency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

SKULL.GIF posted:

I didn't have anything better to do before work:

1. Stardust Crusaders vs. The World
2. Caesar & Joseph vs. Wham
3. Polnareff & Iggy vs. Cream
4. Gappy & Hato (Josefumi & Kira) vs. Vitamin C
5. Bruno & Mista vs. Grateful Dead & Beach Boy
6. Doppio vs. Metallica
7. Giorno & Mista vs. White Album
8. Giorno, Mista & Bruno vs. Green Day & Oasis
9. Koichi & Jotaro vs. Killer Queen (Sheer Heart Attack)
10. Iggy vs. Pet Shop

Honorable mentions: Pearl Jam, D'Arby, D'Arby, Milagro Man, Beetle Tendency

I'd probably put the Ringo fight somewhere in there but that's already a very stacked list

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Needs more Josuke

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

TheLoneStar posted:

For me it's the Metallica fight, at least for Part 5. Doppio's Stand having basically zero combative abilities really made for an interesting battle.

The Metallica fight rules but it also means that Narancia is Diavolos MVP. Congratulations on getting yourself indirectly killed, kid.

Haven't read much of part 6 yet but I have a general idea of the story and the ending. Doesn't Whitesnake (and by extension MiH) feel too convenient? From what I know of 6 it feels like Araki wasn't sure how he'd deal with Star Platinum and his solution was to steal it (which feels more bullshit than someone who's just hard to punch) and then end by making an exceptionally overpowered stand. I don't really have a problem with switching universes but it just feels like he powerscaled himself into actually needing a reset when it could've been solved another way. I might just be salty about almost everyone dying though.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
My favorite fight is definitely The World because of just how many funny and cool moments it has. Senator Philips, DIO's skull heart, Jorato stopping his heart, road roller, Al Yancovic bit, etc.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Brandfarlig posted:

The Metallica fight rules but it also means that Narancia is Diavolos MVP. Congratulations on getting yourself indirectly killed, kid.

Haven't read much of part 6 yet but I have a general idea of the story and the ending. Doesn't Whitesnake (and by extension MiH) feel too convenient? From what I know of 6 it feels like Araki wasn't sure how he'd deal with Star Platinum and his solution was to steal it (which feels more bullshit than someone who's just hard to punch) and then end by making an exceptionally overpowered stand. I don't really have a problem with switching universes but it just feels like he powerscaled himself into actually needing a reset when it could've been solved another way. I might just be salty about almost everyone dying though.

Araki actually elaborates on his thought process on Made In Heaven and the world reset as an extra in one of the chapters, originally it was going to end in a clean win for the gang and probably wouldn't have escalated past C-Moon but he already had the idea in mind for SBR and wanted a 'return to nature' so the old universe was symbolically destroyed for the creation of the SBRverse, so I think Made In Heaven even existing was a last minute decision to justify the reset rather than the other way around

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Vookatos posted:

My favorite fight is definitely The World because of just how many funny and cool moments it has. Senator Philips, DIO's skull heart, Jorato stopping his heart, road roller, Al Yancovic bit, etc.
Oddly enough the fight felt more stilted than the JJAbridged skits of the 1993 OVA to me.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

True Man's World, Johnny and Gyro vs. Valentine, and Damo vs. the Higashikata clan are all somewhere in the top 20.

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
C-Moon is by far the coolest of Pucci's stands. Whereas Whitesnake gets to pull out whatever abilities it wants and Made In Heaven is just omnipotent, C-Moon is a puzzle to be solved. Jolyne turning herself into a Mobius strip is my favourite moment in all of Jojo, the perfect combo of body horror, victory through self-mutilation, and Things Araki Just Read About.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

What's the worst non-joke (e.g., DISCO, The Sun) fight in Jojo?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

I deeply dislike that fight with the chestburster baby where Giorno learns to do full heals on himself for numerous reasons, so let's go with that

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

maybe i'm kind of salty since its recent but the back half of Wonder of U where it's just 'rock insects' really, truly does suck, especially once it's the final loving boss and it's won by someone who wasn't really participating in the story at all

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Still not read that but I was surprised Araki actually broke the 'ends of a time fight' tradition, sounds like Jojolion really got away from him by the end

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i honestly legitimately wish araki would make some kind of statement to the effect of like 'yeah i just kind of lost it on that one and wanted to get it over with' so i wouldn't be occasionally stopping throughout my daily life and going "man i don't know about part 9" to a confused and intimidated stranger

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

multijoe posted:

I deeply dislike that fight with the chestburster baby where Giorno learns to do full heals on himself for numerous reasons, so let's go with that

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

SKULL.GIF posted:

Dragon's Dream by a long shot.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Joseph vs. Cars on the volcano

e: talkin about favorite fights

Mr.Acula fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Nov 13, 2021

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's kinda hard to pin down a worst fight, cause there usually ends up being some real good moments even in the bad fights. Like Notorious B.I.G. sucks, but it had Trish going full JoJo by destroying the plane so they can dump it off in the middle of the ocean.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's kinda hard to pin down a worst fight, cause there usually ends up being some real good moments even in the bad fights. Like Notorious B.I.G. sucks, but it had Trish going full JoJo by destroying the plane so they can dump it off in the middle of the ocean.

Also Spice Girl's stand cry is wonderful which makes it even more annoying that Trish gets no other fights

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Survivor/Planet Waves is a really great fight

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I remember Urban Gorilla being kinda lame and Doctor Wu was uniquely gross

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

D4C is peak JoJo

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm not a fan of Hermes' first fight at all, unpleaseant and gross and not in a fun way. Kiss of Love and Revenge more than made up for it, tho.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The whole train fight in SBR.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Augus posted:

D4C is peak JoJo

D4C is great because everything that happens ultimately is to set up that high noon standoff between Valentine and Johnny.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Arist posted:

Needs more Josuke

Josuke is a great character but I struggle to find fights where he really shines in. The two that immediately come to mind are Highway Star and Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable. In the latter Kira honestly kind of takes the spotlight (arguably, Kira is the (villain) protagonist of 4, and Bites za Dusto into CDiU is the climax of Kira's arc), and in the former Josuke has multiple fantastic moments (with Rohan, the motorcycle, healing Fungami, Happy New Year). I could see an argument for Highway Star over Sheer Heart Attack or Pet Shop.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Arist posted:

Needs more Josuke
Askandyeshallrecieve

https://twitter.com/jojo_wiki/status/1459690161487368198?s=20

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I just had a thought, you know who would have been even better and more fun to bring back for part 5 and turn into a turtle?

Hol Horse

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

SKULL.GIF posted:

Absolute chaos move dropping this question in the middle of a convo about the best fights, meaning no one can be sure if anyone is saying a fight is their favorite or most hated.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i dont think there's a single fight that could be confused between worst and best

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The best is Ringo Roadagain/Mandom (and the panel of Gyro bursting through the door is maybe my favourite single panel in JoJo)

The worst is Baby Face. A stand that's creepy, makes no sense, and ends with more Gold Experience Does Anything bullshit.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

hell yes

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

A whole horse?!

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Can anyone tell if that's old art that's been repurposed or is this the grand return of SDC Josuke?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's new art by the person drawing the spin-off

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Did this get linked in here?

https://twitter.com/jojo_wiki/status/1459689730933669889?t=2NmHgCXt054EJG9XVvOSSA&s=19

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

What's the extent of Araki's involvement with these?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Lucky Land licensing out the characters and probably some supervision.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

multijoe posted:

Can anyone tell if that's old art that's been repurposed or is this the grand return of SDC Josuke?

It is, and he is teaming up with Hol Horse for the pairing I never would have expected but am totally here for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'm just happy to see he's stil getting work, I took his particular 'forced to retire' as 'yep he just shot his loving head off'