Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

multijoe posted:

I'm just happy to see he's stil getting work, I took his particular 'forced to retire' as 'yep he just shot his loving head off'

The chapter confirmed he was alive right after. When the medics were taking him away, they stated the bullets only grazed his temple and he got very lucky. (Not knowing about the bad luck of him shooting himself.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

finally we'll learn the truth

hol horse pushed the car

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

I think they say that the bullet curved through his forehead and went out of the top of his skull. Non lethally, of course.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I thought the bullets vanished once he went unconscious so they didn’t reach his brain. Anyway Josuke is here now so he can shoot himself as much as he wants

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Josuke's gonna fix his bullets right into hol's hand

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

hatty posted:

I thought the bullets vanished once he went unconscious so they didn’t reach his brain. Anyway Josuke is here now so he can shoot himself as much as he wants

No that's Mista he's the one who keeps getting shot by his own bullets.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

MonsterEnvy posted:

No that's Mista he's the one who keeps getting shot by his own bullets.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BplUSJZF6iI

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Over in the anime thread someone said they think part 5's train fight is the best stand fight in the franchise and I think they might be right? There's a handful I'd argue you could put above it (Sugar Mountain/Tattoo You, California King Bed, Vitamin C, Civil war)

Yeah, that was me, and just art wise and how it's laid out if the best Araki has done, I think.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The Emperor Requiem

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's going to be interesting to see them write further adventures with hol horse considering that his stand power is just being heterosexual and he happens to be able to do a weird gun thing with his hands

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
Going to be mad if I don't at least get a Boingo cameo

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Johnny Joestar posted:

it's going to be interesting to see them write further adventures with hol horse considering that his stand power is just being heterosexual and he happens to be able to do a weird gun thing with his hands
Wonder if he'll inspire Josuke to think about dating finally.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

-By teaming up with Josuke, Hol Horse learns to be a better person
-Hol Horse begins to look up Josuke as a role model, despite Josuke being younger (Hol Horse would never admit this out loud)
-When fighting the main villain of the story, Hol Horse is flung backwards through time.
-Seeing this as a away to repent for his past mistakes and get a second chance, Hol Horse dedicates his life to help out others
-He decides to change his look to match his newfound idol, Josuke
-One day, during a bad snowstorm, Hol Horse comes across a mother and young child whose car is trapped in the snow. He decides to help them on their way

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

-By teaming up with Josuke, Hol Horse learns to be a better person
-Hol Horse begins to look up Josuke as a role model, despite Josuke being younger (Hol Horse would never admit this out loud)
-When fighting the main villain of the story, Hol Horse is flung backwards through time.
-Seeing this as a away to repent for his past mistakes and get a second chance, Hol Horse dedicates his life to help out others
-He decides to change his look to match his newfound idol, Josuke
-One day, during a bad snowstorm, Hol Horse comes across a mother and young child whose car is trapped in the snow. He decides to help them on their way

If that happens, Araki will personally kill the author

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Best jojo fights IMO:
1: Sugar Mountain/Tattoo You (It's a fun puzzle fight that ends in a quick and brutal gunfight that's over in a flash and leaves us with such a sweet character moment for Gyro and Johnny)
2: Vitamin C
3: Civil War
4: Beetle Battle
5: California King Bed (the page of Daiya talking about wanting to kiss Josuke and make him love her that ends with a panel of Gappy just saying "How can I defeat her?" is peak JoJo writing IMO)
6: True Man's World
7: Part 4 Final Battle
8: Part 5 Train Battle
9: Part 3 Final Battle
10: White Album

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

5: California King Bed (the page of Daiya talking about wanting to kiss Josuke and make him love her that ends with a panel of Gappy just saying "How can I defeat her?" is peak JoJo writing IMO)

it's VERY powerful stuff, CKB's in my toplist because the stakes are so weird

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Sky High's pretty good too.

I love how well White Album was animated. One of my favorite fights of part 5 and the anime just absolutely nailed it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mista saying Gold Experience for Giorno is the most purest expression of love possible.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Patware posted:

It's also a fight that only Gappy could be a victim of. Most jojo's are very Unhorny and Jolyne's too angry to get tricked like that.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The fight gets a weird energy if you reread parts of it and forget that Daiya's blind. Key moments keep devolving into "wait why's Gappy doing that this doesn't make any loving sense"

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Nov 16, 2021

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

"Oh, that noise? It's your phone. Yeah, I stole it."

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

zetamind2000 posted:

The fight gets a weird energy if you reread parts of it and forget that Daiya's blind. Key moments keep devolving into "wait why's Gappy doing that this doesn't make any loving sense"

Is she fully blind? I thought her eyesight was just incredibly bad.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

god imagine daiya trying to do her schtick to jotaro

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Patware posted:

My favourite part is when Norisuke spots them in bed, swears bloody murder on Gappy... and then quietly leaves without disturbing them. I'm not sure it's even intentional, but it says so much about Norisuke as a character.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Patware posted:

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I really hope the next JoJo spouts out one-liners like this.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I really appreciate the panel that reminds us that Star Platinum is invisible to non-Stand-users and that Jotaro's Stand is really just exceptionally powerful psychokinesis (plus time manipulation).

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Patware posted:

I think it's funnier if it was with OG Josuke or Johnathan. Just two sweet boys going "Miss...miss please this is indecent."

Worst would be Johnny though. He'd just shoot her.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

you put josuke in and the whole battle is him perfectly avoiding fussing over daiya except okuyasu keeps using The Hand to try and wingman him like 'HELL YEAH BROTHER' having no idea he keeps making it worse and worse

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Patware posted:

you put josuke in and the whole battle is him perfectly avoiding fussing over daiya except okuyasu keeps using The Hand to try and wingman him like 'HELL YEAH BROTHER' having no idea he keeps making it worse and worse

It ends with Rohan walking in (Obviously looking for Koichi to get into more Shenanigans with) and seeing Josuke in a compromising position, giving Josuke enough shame to escape.

EDIT: Civil war is a fight I don't see get a lot of love for what I think gives us some all time moments. Gyro thinking about the teddy bears he's lost and torn as a sin, the guys whole backstory, Johnny's power up, the whole monologue the antagonist does. A perfect fight.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Nov 17, 2021

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
If your heart is wavering, do not shoot.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

The final battle of SBR is the best if only because it allows me to describe it as, “an Italian cowboy/executioner with steel balls and a paraplegic jockey with spinning nails face off against the president of the United States, who is armed with the corpse of Jesus Christ,” which rules.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Schwarzwald posted:

If your heart is wavering, do not shoot.

This is one of those moments I'm absolutely dying to see animated. The ending of the fight with Ringo Roadagain is another one.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

MachuPikacchu posted:

The final battle of SBR is the best if only because it allows me to describe it as, “an Italian cowboy/executioner with steel balls and a paraplegic jockey with spinning nails face off against the president of the United States, who is armed with the corpse of Jesus Christ,” which rules.

To make it just a LITTLE but weirder, you should specify that they're spinning fingernails

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

MachuPikacchu posted:

Didn't Johnny lose to DIO right afterwards?

rko
Jul 12, 2017

Grouchio posted:

Didn't Johnny lose to DIO right afterwards?

He eats complete poo poo in front of all of New York

e: there literally hasn’t been a Jojo in decades who wasn’t upstaged by a woman or child at the climax of his or her life

rko fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Nov 18, 2021

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

rko posted:

He eats complete poo poo in front of all of New York

e: there literally hasn’t been a Jojo in decades who wasn’t upstaged by a woman or child at the climax of his or her life

That's a harsh way to talk about Bruno

rko
Jul 12, 2017

multijoe posted:

That's a harsh way to talk about Bruno

lmao I’m not even going to lie, I forgot about part 5, but it’s okay because the final chapter was published April 5, 1999, and Bruno is very pretty anyway

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Which one of you vandalized wikipedia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Random question based on a discussion being had in a different thread, does anyone who’s been a long time fan have an idea of when fansub tapes of the original OVA started circulating in the west? Trying to see if some events line up.