Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

sticklefifer posted:

If they brought Foley in it should be for something nobody expects, like Dude Love joining the Wingmen.

Tony, I know youre reading this so do the needful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

If Foley comes in, it has to be for an angle with Britt. The two of them have taken enough shots at each other over Twitter that I feel like they have to face off on-camera at some point, yeah?

King Of Coons
May 5, 2006
have foley cost britt the title vs Rosa

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

King Of Coons posted:

have foley cost britt the title vs Rosa

lol :psyduck:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Have Foley come in and set him on fire. Just to see what happens.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Is "SAMMY SAMMY SAMMY!" some type of reference I'm not getting?

JR says it often when Sammy Guavara does something cool, and I'm wondering if it's some kind of old guy phrase

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Might just be him self parodying his Stone Cold line.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

he's a big fan of Swedish children's songs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn6F3VDST5Q

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Was at a convention a couple months ago that had Sammy, Darby, Tay, Tony Schiavone, and Mick Foley. I asked Mick:

“You been talking some of these AEW guys? Wink wink.”
“Haven’t had the chance yet because I’ve been real busy. Is Tony over there? He puts my face on the cover of his comic book, and can’t even come over and say hi.”
“But you put the butts in the seats…”

Tony ran over to talk to Mick as soon as I mentioned that. Tony is surprisingly funny in person.

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy
When did Suzuki become "Suzuki"? I love everything about him, but when I see that beautiful gif of him taking the towel off of his head, I swear he's like a guy on a soap opera, not murder-grandpa-in-training.

Surely he was way too pretty at the time to be the sadistic machine he became.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

FakePoet posted:

When did Suzuki become "Suzuki"? I love everything about him, but when I see that beautiful gif of him taking the towel off of his head, I swear he's like a guy on a soap opera, not murder-grandpa-in-training.

no, he was always completely murdering people

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
yeah, you have to remember that gif of him would be from when he was doing fights in Pancrase and was like one of the lighter guys on the roster. I guess technically, you could see his return to pro wrestling as the start of the Minoru Suzuki character, since it's based off of his rep during his Pancrase phase.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

FakePoet posted:

The psychopath Suzuki/murder grandpa thing really started when he took over Kojima-Gun and turned it into Suzuki-Gun in like 2011

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Have there been any good Winning Streak storylines? Goldberg's was broken by Kevin Nash, Sid's seemed (or maybe was?) like more of a joke or rib. Or maybe I've only ever seen WCW streaks..

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

most winning streak storylines get people over quite a bit if it's treated seriously. any promoter would love 6+ months of better ratings, money, attendance, etc and even if the "result" (one moment) isn't good, the actual result (that person's career afterward) can be. again so long as the streak isn't then blamed for all poor decisions afterward. i also disagree when people believe an iffy or "wrong" finish ruins an entire match though. having said all this i'm going to quietly stop posting now without giving an example of a good one. have a pleasant evening

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

FakePoet posted:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1UV411C74D/

Have some 1992 MiSu, before Pancrase, when he was in Pro Wrestling Fujiwara-Gumi. Skip to 54:20 for him match with a young American called Wayne Shamrock. Suzuki is just 24 here & in his 5th year in the business (& last for a decade) because in the new year him, Masakatsu Funaki & some friends get mad at Yoshiaki Fujiwara wanting to work with companies like W*ING & Universal (which had the guys who'd become Sasuke, TAKA, Kaz Hayashi, Jinsei Shinzaki, Dick Togo, Super Delfin, Ultimo Dragon & Men's Teioh) & they weren't into this showmanship nonsense so go off to start up something new at the urging of Karl Gotch: Pancrase.

Anyway, despite being 24 you can see in the staredown that Minoru Suzuki is still Minoru Suzuki. He looks like he deeply resents you for daring to step in the ring with him & he's going to beat you to a bloody pulp for such insolence. It's just Minoru Suzuki. I guess you could argue that he has slightly less of the swagger that he'd have when he returned to wrestling, you can see that watching 2003/04 Suzuki, he's got that, you can see it here in just the opening of this match.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 19, 2021

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Have there been any good Winning Streak storylines? Goldberg's was broken by Kevin Nash, Sid's seemed (or maybe was?) like more of a joke or rib. Or maybe I've only ever seen WCW streaks..

Moose's "The New Streak" in ROH was very funny because of his managers, especially Stokely Hathaway in the role of a lackey that Corino would tell the audience he thought was named "Ramone."

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy

forkboy84 posted:

Have some 1992 MiSu, before Pancrase, when he was in Pro Wrestling Fujiwara-Gumi. Skip to 54:20 for him match with a young American called Wayne Shamrock. Suzuki is just 24 here & in his 5th year in the business (& last for a decade) because in the new year him, Masakatsu Funaki & some friends get mad at Yoshiaki Fujiwara wanting to work with companies like W*ING & Universal (which had the guys who'd become Sasuke, TAKA, Kaz Hayashi, Jinsei Shinzaki, Dick Togo, Super Delfin, Ultimo Dragon & Men's Teioh) & they weren't into this showmanship nonsense so go off to start up something new at the urging of Karl Gotch: Pancrase.

Anyway, despite being 24 you can see in the staredown that Minoru Suzuki is still Minoru Suzuki. He looks like he deeply resents you for daring to step in the ring with him & he's going to beat you to a bloody pulp for such insolence. It's just Minoru Suzuki.

Awesome.

Also, man I remember young(er) me really liking Kaz Hayashi; feels like he might've been bigger if he'd shown up a year or two earlier.

Or my memory is failing me.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
What are the allegations against Chase Owens?

https://twitter.com/ParadigmProWres/status/1461347258704674821?t=gx7asJMDvKxXNQwbYHc-BA&s=19

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Kosmo Gallion posted:

What are the allegations against Chase Owens?

People are claiming he beat Tanahashi clean during the last G1

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Another sex pest/nonce iirc.

Edit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/hc3vxj/its_hard_to_share_this_but_chase_owens_is_yet/

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

Anyway, despite being 24 you can see in the staredown that Minoru Suzuki is still Minoru Suzuki. He looks like he deeply resents you for daring to step in the ring with him & he's going to beat you to a bloody pulp for such insolence. It's just Minoru Suzuki. I guess you could argue that he has slightly less of the swagger that he'd have when he returned to wrestling, you can see that watching 2003/04 Suzuki, he's got that, you can see it here in just the opening of this match.

Thanks for the links & post. It's quite a sight to see Minoru Suzuki bouncing up and down with joy and screaming "yatta!". Also, the moment Dwayne passes out, Suzuki is declared the winner and he gets up, that face is 100% current pain elemental Suzuki. Good stuff

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

a cyborg mug posted:

Thanks for the links & post. It's quite a sight to see Minoru Suzuki bouncing up and down with joy and screaming "yatta!". Also, the moment Dwayne passes out, Suzuki is declared the winner and he gets up, that face is 100% current pain elemental Suzuki. Good stuff

Also want to point out that in 2004 New Japan Suzuki was in one of the coolest & most bad rear end factions ever: Genichiro Tenryu, Kensuke Sasaki, Yoshihiro Takayama & Minoru Suzuki. I mean gently caress. Plus little baby Katsuhiko Nakajima & Akira Hokuto.

If you fantasy book a stable I'm not sure it's possible to put together 6 more terrifying, bad rear end people together.

https://twitter.com/GolazoDan/status/1032045248376197120?s=20

(I say baby Nakajima because dude was 16 & in his first year as a wrestler & was already doing the Best of the Super Juniors, even if he finished with 1 win (he beat Curry Man by referee stoppage)

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Nov 19, 2021

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
how does impact wrestling have money to pay people with

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
They're literally owned by a TV network now

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Impact is owned by a Canadian media company.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Does anyone have a picture of the set-up at CZW's Cage of Death 2003? I heard it described and it sounded stupid and wild.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

What is the best example of nuclear crowd heat?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Manwithastick posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRWSgHAY02Y

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Manwithastick posted:

Hogan being the Third Man is probably the go to example.
Matt Cardona winning the GCW title would be something more recent.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Edit: Never mind, I'm stupid and misread the question.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Nov 21, 2021

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Bryan kneeing Bray Wyatt's face off to end the Daniel Wyatt angle

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

DeathChicken posted:

Bryan kneeing Bray Wyatt's face off to end the Daniel Wyatt angle

crowd heat not crowd pops. heat is a negative reaction

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Roman at the Royal Rumble that had The Rock all confused

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Maigius posted:

Does anyone have a picture of the set-up at CZW's Cage of Death 2003? I heard it described and it sounded stupid and wild.

This will give you a better idea of it than a photo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIcEfFZCf34

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Manwithastick posted:

Vader beating Inoki in Sumo Hall

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

dunno if i use the word nuclear there

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Matt Cardona winning the GCW title is probably the angriest I’ve seen a crowd get in like a decade+

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Batista vs Big Show on ECW at the Hammerstein Ballroom is probably up there. I don't think I'd ever heard a "change the channel" chant before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Vader beating Inoki in Sumo Hall

Wasn't that more due to Chosu being dicked over and the Vader/Inoki match was the cherry on top?