Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Rod is spinning and angry-smoking in his grave. not even because of that episode, it's just how he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Thinking about how Lord Barron looks like if Vinny Caravella had a “Old Fisherman” character.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

gonna go see that creepy 1981 movie ‘Possession’ tomorrow night. stoked

i watched this recently. it has some of the best and most insane performances i've seen in a movie. its good.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
one of the cgi actor bits i will always remember is when they did patrick stewart for some lovely xmen movie and it looks like a mr clean ad

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

ArfJason posted:

one of the cgi actor bits i will always remember is when they did patrick stewart for some lovely xmen movie and it looks like a mr clean ad

thats x-men origins: wolverine, which is actually the best x-men movie.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I didn't know Oliver Reed got the Livia Soprano treatment in Gladiator. Hell of a way to go out, though.

quote:

Reed died from a heart attack during a break from filming Gladiator in Valletta, Malta, on the afternoon of 2 May 1999. According to witnesses, he drank eight pints of German lager, a dozen shots of rum, half a bottle of whiskey and a few shots of Hennessy cognac, in a drinking match against a group of sailors on shore leave from HMS Cumberland at a local pub. His bar bill totalled a little over 270 Maltese lira (almost 450 GBP; about 590 USD). After beating five much younger Royal Navy sailors at arm-wrestling, Reed suddenly collapsed, dying while en route to hospital in an ambulance. He was 61 years old.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I didn't know Oliver Reed got the Livia Soprano treatment in Gladiator. Hell of a way to go out, though.

lol did he write his own obituary?

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Going out like Bill Brasky

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

He also had just taken the worlds most perfect poo poo after making out with the Rockettes and getting blown. He then won a million dollars on a scratch ticket and received a negative AIDS test result.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The opposite of how Jack Nance went out

quote:

On December 29, 1996, Nance lunched with friends Leo Bulgarini and Catherine Case. Nance had a visible "crescent shaped bruise" under his eye; and, when asked about it, he related to them the story about a brawl outside a Winchell's Donuts store on the morning of December 29. He described the incident as, "I guess I got what I deserved." He soon went home, complaining of a headache.

The injuries he sustained caused a subdural hematoma, resulting in his death the following morning. His body was discovered on the bathroom floor of his South Pasadena, California apartment by Bulgarini, on December 30, 1996. An autopsy revealed that the actor's blood alcohol level was 0.24% at the time of his death.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

He also had just taken the worlds most perfect poo poo after making out with the Rockettes and getting blown. He then won a million dollars on a scratch ticket and received a negative AIDS test result.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

so what, I did all that poo poo and then lived.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

He invented flossing and was filming the "is fortnite overrated sympsium" on youtune

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the only x men movie i saw was after a bar crawl with friends who were into marvel comics. i knew almost literally nothing about x men. it was the one with kevin bacon and nazis and at some point they go to a bar and and ask hugh jackman to help them and he tells them to gently caress off. it's his only scene in the movie and it lasts for maybe four seconds. i remember saying "was that hugh jackman?" and my friend told me that no, it was wolverine.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

the only x men movie i saw was after a bar crawl with friends who were into marvel comics. i knew almost literally nothing about x men. it was the one with kevin bacon and nazis and at some point they go to a bar and and ask hugh jackman to help them and he tells them to gently caress off. it's his only scene in the movie and it lasts for maybe four seconds. i remember saying "was that hugh jackman?" and my friend told me that no, it was wolverine.

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

your friend was right.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Whoever mentioned that one ep of Mythic Quest in season one that’s disjointed from the rest is right! It’s a good short vignette. Never knew Jake Johnson was capable of that sort of acting but I wasn’t exactly paying attention, dude nails it. It’s only ~30 minutes but it’s a good story

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Oh my god this scene with CGI Livia is worse than I expected

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U58IdBjMeS4

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Famous TV Dad posted:

i watched this recently. it has some of the best and most insane performances i've seen in a movie. its good.

man, Possession fuckin ruled. good little doses of comedy in there too, but the psychotic performances were amazing. so sick

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

same theater’s showing this epic-looking euro movie tonigjt…. need to soak this poo poo in before they go back to playing old silent movies or whatever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THr0r_mHXKU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The first three episodes of wheel of time came out on Amazon prime today so I’m gonna get Chinese food and watch them after work. I read like eight if the books in a row one summer as a teenager and Rosamund Pike ftw

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

The first three episodes of wheel of time came out on Amazon prime today so I’m gonna get Chinese food and watch them after work. I read like eight if the books in a row one summer as a teenager and Rosamund Pike ftw

I hope it's good and if not the books aren't going anywhere

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

P-Mack posted:

I hope it's good and if not the books aren't going anywhere

Yeah exactly. Gonna reread them over Christmas I think so it'll be nice to have some visuals to go off when he's talking about random towns or places or outfits imo. I suck at imaging fantasy/scifi locations in my head.

Whenever he described the stone castle of caladan in dune I could only imagine the medieval castles I grew up beside lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I only read one Wheel of Time book and it was a prequel about trying to find the chosen one by doing a census and the conclusion is that they don't. It's the only book I've genuinely fallen asleep reading lol

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
Watched the french dispatch and it kinda sucked. Lea Seydoux was awesome tho

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

same theater’s showing this epic-looking euro movie tonigjt…. need to soak this poo poo in before they go back to playing old silent movies or whatever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THr0r_mHXKU

Looks like I'll have to be watching it in... 574p.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Looks like I'll have to be watching it in... 574p.

waifish guy in the movie is 100% tim rogers

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i'm going to watch the netflix cowboy bebop and then watch the original so it will feel like an upgrade. so far i'd say the problem with the netflix one is less what i expected, that it would be cynical and effortless, and more that they're trying to duplicate the material too much. mustafa shakir is just doing the english anime jet's voice and he's nailing it, but it feels so weird in a live action setting, lol.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bicyclops posted:

i'm going to watch the netflix cowboy bebop and then watch the original so it will feel like an upgrade. so far i'd say the problem with the netflix one is less what i expected, that it would be cynical and effortless, and more that they're trying to duplicate the material too much. mustafa shakir is just doing the english anime jet's voice and he's nailing it, but it feels so weird in a live action setting, lol.

why

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i'm curious about it and it's not bad enough to be painful, it just doesn't quite get it.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

i'm curious about it and it's not bad enough to be painful, it just doesn't quite get it.

Take it you haven't seen Ed yet then

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Take it you haven't seen Ed yet then

thats the very last scene. they left it for the epic cliffhanger stinger :thumbsup:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

all of the added stuff is bad and weird and there is more of it as you go. i'll probably give up on it. it's a shame because the people making honesty did seem like they were trying and loved the material.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Everything about it seemed so bad that it might have been kind of funny and I wanted to check out at least an episode or two. But then the Ed scene and this:

https://twitter.com/slime11037/status/1461703045029453825?s=21

completely broke me.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

i cant believe what they did to faye

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Faye saying "this is fuckshitting awesome" and "let's go assdicks" is in character since she was cryogenically frozen in 2008

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Started listening to the audiobook of Pimp by Iceberg Slim. They got a guy who sounds like Synthys version of Ice T so it kicks rear end so far.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Faye was a retard who thought they were cunning. like spike without the hidden edge not an epic girl boss who owns these silly boys

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i havent watched it and i shalln't watch it whomstever i cant wait for them to make Pierrot Le Fou in netflix quality cgi and having spike say "the fuckshit is going on??" and having pierrot move like hes a skate 3 guy gltiching through walls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

ArfJason posted:

i havent watched it and i shalln't watch it whomstever i cant wait for them to make Pierrot Le Fou in netflix quality cgi and having spike say "the fuckshit is going on??"

literally already happened