Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
click if u dare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

new podcast just dropped. goon produced and even MORE cont of ersial than cum town, the number one rated podcast and thread on sa? oh hells yes

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

thank you for the fucker report im honestly shocked i described it so perfectly. bye.

mysterious loyall X posted:

new podcast just dropped. goon produced and even MORE cont of ersial than cum town, the number one rated podcast and thread on sa? oh hells yes

put spme bucks to this patreon. bye.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

EmmyOk posted:

Faye was a retard who thought they were cunning. like spike without the hidden edge not an epic girl boss who owns these silly boys

:hai:

lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lasted about 3 seconds before I got aids. Thanks.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Larry Parrish posted:

Lasted about 3 seconds before I got aids. Thanks.

Ok but what happened when you watched the video?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Ok but what happened when you watched the video?

:goofy:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
what if he had said based instead of gently caress. that would be based.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

i daren’t

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lmao they made him into Captain Spaulding

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

yeah i gave up on it. i wanted to watch the movie as a palette cleanser but somehow netflix doesn't even have it lmao. i can't find it streaming anywhere.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bicyclops posted:

yeah i gave up on it. i wanted to watch the movie as a palette cleanser but somehow netflix doesn't even have it lmao. i can't find it streaming anywhere.

a friend convinced me to watch the first episode tonight with him and i tried going in with an open mind but it's just plain bad. they slaughtered Faye's character and packed more Vicious and Julia into the first ep than half of the anime for no reason. looking forward to their One Piece adaptation

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the vincent and julia stuff is really what kills it, it's like half of every episode and it's not developed at all.

i found the movie, which i don't think i've seen in 20 years. it's a lot more fun.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This audiobook of Pimp is pretty cool but it has ridiculous sound effects. Like Iceberg will be talking about beating the poo poo out of a whore and it will play comedy slapping sounds in the background. It's kinda hosed up but I don't think they meant it to be funny.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The psychology of a pimp is also way scarier than any of the Ligotti, Fracassi, or Lord Barron books I've come across. lol

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

symbolic posted:

and packed more Vicious and Julia into the first ep than half of the anime for no reason. looking forward to their One Piece adaptation

they really developed julias as a character and thats just Awesome.

symbolic posted:

looking forward to their One Piece adaptation

absolutely this and ill actually force myself through that Lol. its gonna be epic

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

finally somethin worthy of saying "one piece...of poo poo" about

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

finally somethin worthy of saying "one piece...of poo poo" about

Iiiiiiit’s been
One piece of poo poo on TV
What the hell did they do to Monkey Luffy

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Jesus, one piece has 1,000 episodes?? Who the gently caress has that kind of time, drat

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The 13 year olds the show is made for sir.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me
won't read or watch one piece because the art style is 1% above something like big mouth

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I shan't be watching anime unless it's the kind I can jack off to.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Larry Parrish posted:

I shan't be watching anime unless it's the kind I can jack off to.

broke this rule tonight and its one of the few times where I legitimately wish I had the 4 hours back

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

last night I learned that English VO for Spike is married to the English VO for Julia. she used to be married to the English VO for Vincent from the movie.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

the best part of the sopranos is when anthony jr shows silvio, paulie and chris a Tony Hawk skating montage video.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lmao

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

lmao

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
watching “foundation” and its pretty cool. are the books any good

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
They were my favorite sci-fi series in high school. The show adds a whole bunch of stuff that wasn’t in the books but it’s mostly good additions

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

watching “foundation” and its pretty cool. are the books any good

the first couple kick rear end but the last couple get weird. def read the first one though

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
Yeah I liked the sequel books well enough but the prequels were weird

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

yeah first foundation book is excellent

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ive read most of Asimov's stuff like 3 times and foundations first few books are good but then it gets weird. The prequel is alright, but it's the sequels that tie in with the robot novels that's are bad.

the robot books are better if you ask me, if we just compare the original 3-4

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I liked them when I read them but also can't remember a single name, personality trait, or interesting thing about any main character in the entire series.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

P-Mack posted:

I liked them when I read them but also can't remember a single name, personality trait, or interesting thing about any main character in the entire series.

That's because everyone in Asimov books is an emotionless being of pure logic. His characters are horrible

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
lee pace is awesome on the show. he sells the whole thing frankly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

lee pace is awesome on the show. he sells the whole thing frankly

He’s really great in it, him and the other emperors. Especially in the later eps! Jared Harris does a great turn as a smug little bastard that actually does know it all.