Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

veni veni veni posted:

stud.io is the one everyone uses.

Groovy, thanks :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

This popped up in my Facebook memories today:
Carbohydrates' Frontier Bank Heist has 59 days to get 97 more supporters to get an extra year's worth of time to gather support. I'm speaking strictly as a goon who thinks Carbs deserves recognition of his talents, and he got completely hosed over by the Lego Subreddit's rules around MOC posting / Lego Ideas. See if you can share the link around to hopefully get some additional eyes on the gorgeous work he and his partner have done on this set.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...

Nth Doctor posted:

Carbohydrates' Frontier Bank Heist has 59 days to get 97 more supporters to get an extra year's worth of time to gather support. I'm speaking strictly as a goon who thinks Carbs deserves recognition of his talents, and he got completely hosed over by the Lego Subreddit's rules around MOC posting / Lego Ideas. See if you can share the link around to hopefully get some additional eyes on the gorgeous work he and his partner have done on this set.

Damnit, already supported it.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

veni veni veni posted:

Well, it looks like the 89 Batmobile is probably gone for good. Hope everyone that wanted one got their hands on one of the absolute goat sets.

I picked this up immediately after I saw it was retiring and it was a fantastic set to put together. Looks like it may still be available in stores so good luck to anyone that wants it still.

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
My kid just turned 4 and I'm trying to find her a good set with variety and I'm wondering if there's a good "go-go." Wal-mart has a bunch of 1500pc block sets (and some 1200, and others), but it looks like they're just blocks, kind of limited colors, and not much else. I remember growing up the big boxed sets would have some blocks, wheels, minifigs, doors, windows, etc. but I don't feel like any of the big boxes out now do that. 10697 looks like it comes closest (though it doesn't have any minifigs), but it also looks like it's possibly discontinued?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

davebo posted:

So far just this:

My trains are set up on the dining room table right now because no one came over much during covid, but today I've got to pack them up in preparation for thanksgiving.

My beautiful children

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Nth Doctor posted:

Got you fam

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

PageMaster posted:

My kid just turned 4 and I'm trying to find her a good set with variety and I'm wondering if there's a good "go-go." Wal-mart has a bunch of 1500pc block sets (and some 1200, and others), but it looks like they're just blocks, kind of limited colors, and not much else. I remember growing up the big boxed sets would have some blocks, wheels, minifigs, doors, windows, etc. but I don't feel like any of the big boxes out now do that. 10697 looks like it comes closest (though it doesn't have any minifigs), but it also looks like it's possibly discontinued?

The colour range in the Classic sets tends to be on the rainbow explosion side rather than being limited. You won't get minifigs but if you want things like wheels then 10698 and 11014 have a bunch.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

PageMaster posted:

the medium sized brick shaped box has a pretty good assortment of plates, bricks, car parts and architecture

The Voice of Labor fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Nov 23, 2021

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Are we expecting a new modular year end? I’m super out of the loop:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Feenix posted:

Are we expecting a new modular year end? I’m super out of the loop:

It should be revealed in the next 2 weeks. Usually releases Jan 1, iirc.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Rumour is a triangular shaped corner hotel with a small attached art gallery.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Holy crap that new AT-AT is helluva expensive huh? Makes my immediate purchase of the Titanic seem reasonable, almost.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
My VIP camera has shipped along with a bunch of sets I ordered for my kid for Christmas, so I guess I managed to use my code in time :toot:

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

The Voice of Labor posted:

so, like, y'all who are into the modular sets: what do you do with them? like, do you have a huge basement with model trains running through a legobuilt town? do you sit in the middle of everything wearing a conductor's hat and smoking a cigar like gomez addams?

the reason I ask is that I'm putting together roads and building facades and landscaping and whatnot for maybe a brick block's worth of minifig scale town (3 of those big grey baseplates long by a big grey baseplate + a regular base plate wide) and it's so huge there's no way I could think of having it out on display.

I don't know how useful this would be but I have mine on a long wooden board on top of the cupboard, as well as a second smaller shelf attached to the wall next to it, above a high bookshelf. It keeps them safe and out of the way but I'm absolutely going to have to figure something out when I start unboxing the ones I havent built yet.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

omg chael crash posted:

My beautiful children

Since I bought 11 modulars from you, you would think so, right? In fact only one in that photo is yours and it's the Grand Emporium. The town center was actually the second modular we got and that was from another goon. The restaurant and pool hall you still had in the boxes and I couldn't bring myself to rip open these valuable older sets so I got used ones off ebay. It was a huge purchase so I'm trying to make it last, but we'll definitely do one more after Thanksgiving and kick that Sembo cherry blossom thing my friend got to another shelf.

Alris' setup is definitely higher than I'd want but I love the idea of having them perpendicular. Wondering how I can achieve that and it's gonna end with me completely rearranging the basement I just know it. drat these Lego.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

davebo posted:

Since I bought 11 modulars from you, you would think so, right? In fact only one in that photo is yours and it's the Grand Emporium. The town center was actually the second modular we got and that was from another goon. The restaurant and pool hall you still had in the boxes and I couldn't bring myself to rip open these valuable older sets so I got used ones off ebay. It was a huge purchase so I'm trying to make it last, but we'll definitely do one more after Thanksgiving and kick that Sembo cherry blossom thing my friend got to another shelf.

Alris' setup is definitely higher than I'd want but I love the idea of having them perpendicular. Wondering how I can achieve that and it's gonna end with me completely rearranging the basement I just know it. drat these Lego.

I’m actually that other goon. Sold you the town square thingy.

I may actually still have some pieces(lampposts, I think?) and if I can remember, I’ll drop them in an envelope this weekend and send them out

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

omg chael crash posted:

I’m actually that other goon. Sold you the town square thingy.

I may actually still have some pieces(lampposts, I think?) and if I can remember, I’ll drop them in an envelope this weekend and send them out

Hah, sorry I just assumed from the "my children" line, but yeah that was djfooboo who sold me all the modulars (many thanks!) Your Tantive IV is in my grandmother's old china cabinet I modified with led's, so I never have to dust it. Don't worry about the few missing though, I just picked them up on bricklink a while back.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

My mocs are all based on whatever I can find in the big box of parts in my daughter's room while we play together. On the one hand it means I don't have a huge range of parts to work with but on the other it means I can do things like make a speeder with coral pieces that only come in a handful of Friends sets.

The only bit I'm really unhappy with are the black engines. I was limited by colour and the lower sections are the only section of the model that isn't securely attached.

EDIT: Made the probe droid this evening. It's cute and I love it. I haven't built any big Star Wars ships before so I don't know how common the techniques are for greebling / detailing but there are some nice things in there.

Biggest complaint is that one leg is really loose since it's hanging out of a vertical Technic pin. Means it can spin around too easily when moving and can't easily be posed.

Also the amount of spare parts is absurd thanks to the accessory packs used.

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Nov 23, 2021

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
That looks really cool, especially with the colours used. I would suggest moving the handlebars forward one stud, and flipping them over, so that the ends are pointing upwards. That would make it easier for them to be held by a sitting minifig, I think.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Doctor Spaceman posted:

My mocs are all based on whatever I can find in the big box of parts in my daughter's room while we play together. On the one hand it means I don't have a huge range of parts to work with but on the other it means I can do things like make a speeder with coral pieces that only come in a handful of Friends sets.

I like the coral shell piece on there.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I really like the MoC, especially the colors, but I really wanna know what the clamshell does.

E: beaten

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Has anyone found Kevin?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

tuo posted:

I really like the MoC, especially the colors, but I really wanna know what the clamshell does.

E: beaten

lmao this guy doesn't know how to use the three seashells

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Thanks!

The shell was my daughter's addition and she says it's there "for prettiness" (she's right).

I tried to add a few other pieces from the sea life packs as decoration or engine intakes or something but I couldn't find combos I liked.

Skios posted:

That looks really cool, especially with the colours used. I would suggest moving the handlebars forward one stud, and flipping them over, so that the ends are pointing upwards. That would make it easier for them to be held by a sitting minifig, I think.

Oh yeah that'd work well. I need to play around with that area to get a minidoll to fit and switching the handlebars would help for that.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
So what's going to be worse, trying to get one of the AT-ATs at midnight Thursday/Friday or hit the mall at 4am for the 7am store opening.\\

Edit: 4am may be too late, I have no idea how to gauge demand.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

tomapot posted:

So what's going to be worse, trying to get one of the AT-ATs at midnight Thursday/Friday or hit the mall at 4am for the 7am store opening.\\

4am is definitely too late - clearly the right choice is a tent and a spot next to the door the night before.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

tomapot posted:

You shouldn't have much problem getting one online if you are there at the right time. Might have to reload a bunch but it should work out.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Waltzing Along posted:

You shouldn't have much problem getting one online if you are there at the right time. Might have to reload a bunch but it should work out.

The Luke’s Lightsaber GWP has guaranteed scalper bots will have depleted inventory 30 seconds after launch.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
The lightsabres don't have the blades? That's pretty disappointing.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Pretty excited to show off a thing I've been working on! This is a commissioned build for a local restaurant - it's their beautiful, hand-carved back bar rendered in LEGO. I built 7 copies of this, which means that my decision to use some pretty rare parts in this build was a dumb one, and not one I will soon repeat! Listen, I'm still getting the hang of selling my things.

Some examples of these rare parts include:
- Flat silver 11L Technic beams, which only ever came in one set. Each build uses 6 as the big side mirrors, so I sourced 42 of them.
- Reddish brown 7L rigid flex hoses (I wish they came in 8L because these barely fit - shoulda just cut down longer ones), which only came in 2 sets. I used 2 per build / 14 total.
- Reddish brown unprinted microfigures, a straight-up Q part. 4 per build, 28 total. These got, uh, pretty expensive.

I'm also having some custom printing done to replace the plain black 1 x 4 tiles up at the top there, and that should be the finishing touch so that I can deliver these!

This is the one of two that I have to build, and the other 5 are to be delivered as kits / loose parts.

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Nov 24, 2021

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Mother of god!

Andoman
Nov 7, 2021

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

The Luke’s Lightsaber GWP has guaranteed scalper bots will have depleted inventory 30 seconds after launch.

They will be going for £200+ within a week

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Carbohydrates posted:

Pretty excited to show off a thing I've been working on! This is a commissioned build for a local restaurant - it's their beautiful, hand-carved back bar rendered in LEGO. I built 7 copies of this, which means that my decision to use some pretty rare parts in this build was a dumb one, and not one I will soon repeat! Listen, I'm still getting the hang of selling my things.

Some examples of these rare parts include:
- Flat silver 11L Technic beams, which only ever came in one set. Each build uses 6 as the big side mirrors, so I sourced 42 of them.
- Reddish brown 7L rigid flex hoses (I wish they came in 8L because these barely fit - shoulda just cut down longer ones), which only came in 2 sets. I used 2 per build / 14 total.
- Reddish brown unprinted microfigures, a straight-up Q part. 4 per build, 28 total. These got, uh, pretty expensive.

I'm also having some custom printing done to replace the plain black 1 x 4 tiles up at the top there, and that should be the finishing touch so that I can deliver these!

This is the one of two that I have to build, and the other 5 are to be delivered as kits / loose parts.

Supported

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Dang, I’d never have thought to use a microfig like that, but it’s perfect. Whole thing is amazing.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Wait whe… oooh

loving sweet.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Zwille posted:

Wait whe… oooh

loving sweet.

Yeah it took me a while too. Very cool.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Can someone point it out? I’m not seeing it.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

Can someone point it out? I’m not seeing it.

They're the base of the columns in the shelving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

They're the base of the columns in the shelving.

Oh snap! That’s amazing. Nice job Carbs!