Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

minema
May 31, 2011
I have to wait to watch this tomorrow with my husband but the temptation to just sneak a peek is real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Alannah is perfect.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's Ni-NAYVE, isn't it? Sorry if I'm mispronouncing it :vince:

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Rarity posted:

It's Ni-NAYVE, isn't it? Sorry if I'm mispronouncing it :vince:

I let out a hearty chuckle at that

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Ok baby Else is adorable

Fake edit: And dolly Birgitte

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
ABORT THE HORNY ELSE JOKES

DEAR GOD ABORT THE HORNY ELSE JOKES

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

for the record the sidebar said that was helga grinwell

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I loved the Alanna foreshadowing of having multiple warders

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Lmao Thom thinks Mat's the one who can channel, incredible :allears:

Hella awesome delivery on the Owyn speech

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
just starting..aaaaAAAAAAAaa.....aaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaa.......aaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaa

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Okay Aram looks like a 2021 youtube rapper or Lio Rush, very weird and off-putting

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

aram is creepily intense, yeah. i think he's single handedly making the tuatha seem more sinister

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

eke out posted:

aram is creepily intense, yeah. i think he's single handedly making the tuatha seem more sinister

I cant wait to see him dancing with a sword smiling

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

omfg Mat is Legion lol

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Holy poo poo for a hot second I thought I was gonna have to rage-quit but then…

“I see you…”

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

navyjack posted:

Holy poo poo for a hot second I thought I was gonna have to rage-quit but then…

“I see you…”

Yeah that was some emotional whiplash

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

the seeker's monologue about wanting to pull the spear out of the body and hunt down the beasts who did this? very solid foreshadowing

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

CainsDescendant posted:

Yeah that was some emotional whiplash

I would have walked away and not looked back. Would have been a bridge too far.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I love WOT and AEW

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Just finished. Nynaeve is the loving star so far

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Nynaeve going all super saiyan here is loving awesome, and I think the decision to keep 'who is the Dragon Reborn' a mystery is paying off better than I would have imagined.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

That was amazing

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Holy poo poo, that ending! What a way to show both Nynaeve's raw power AND her block!

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

like a raging sun

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Gully Foyle posted:

Nynaeve going all super saiyan here is loving awesome, and I think the decision to keep 'who is the Dragon Reborn' a mystery is paying off better than I would have imagined.

My mom agrees with Thom that it’s Mat.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah they are absolutely hamming up the mystery as to who could be the dragon in a pretty direct way. for all the jokes about how obvious it is in the books, that absolutely can't be said for the show. people who have never read it are going to be thrown for a loving loop which will make the actual reveal much more fun once the details slide in about that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HOLY poo poo NYNAEVE :stwoon:

Omg Logain :ohdear:

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
running show commentary continued

"that woman's a snake"

BIRGITTE!!!!!!!!!!

we MUST keep mat away from the only people that can help him. i like this angle, good decision.

these tinkers are getting it on the djembes

birgitte :(

fade fight, fade to: uniformed real world police officers studying the crime scene

Brolander fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Nov 26, 2021

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Rarity posted:

HOLY poo poo NYNAEVE :stwoon:

Omg Logain :ohdear:

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

definitely the best episode yet

it's also a delight to see alanna as a one-woman artillery battalion

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

That was an hour and 2 minutes. More please.

Chomposaur
Feb 28, 2010

Holy poo poo, I am all in, take me to tarmon gai'don rafe

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Anybody else expect Nynaeve at the end to throw balefire at Logain? I was convinced that's what they were building to, but there's going off book and then REALLY going off book so I like what they did instead.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Chomposaur posted:

Holy poo poo, I am all in, take me to tarmon gai'don rafe

They are being way more true to the books then I thought they'd be.

That'll definitely change in the more denser books but goddamn I'm in.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

my prediction at this point is that they're doing a lot of misdirection here, especially with nynaeve, to get people guessing every which way, and at some point later in the season we're going to get a bit of rand having a weird conversation with a guy. once rand is revealed to be the dragon in episode 7 we might get some flashbacks to lews therin after that or in episode 8 and it might leave that hook there to get people going 'wait why was rand talking to that same guy earlier. oh NO.'

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Most recent episode spoilers and poo poo the people in Randland believe

Dunno where this is going to go but twice now they've had people say the wheel spits people out so they can try again and do better. Logain this episode and Thom last episode. Logain basically believes the same things final form Rand does.

Moiraine is emphatically saying no, the wheel doesn't want anything. But that's literally Rand's epiphany in the books and its why he is capable of understanding that he can't just kill the dark one, it would be like turning off gravity. People wouldn't be people anymore in more or less exactly the same way as if the dark one wins.

I feel like they're telegraphing this dilemma really, really early. Could use some darkfriends who don't believe basically the same things as Ishamael and actually think the dark one is going to give them a kingdom or other ridiculous fantasies and some normies who think the dark one isn't real or something. Like the clowns Rand and Mat dodge in EoTW were great fun.

Also we need more Nynaeve rage, she's the hulk

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Nov 26, 2021

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I love how they're displaying Rand as the only normal one of the lot. It's gonna be such a swerve when it turns he's the one who's most screwed up of them all :allears:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Rarity posted:

I love how they're displaying Rand as the only normal one of the lot. It's gonna be such a swerve when it turns he's the one who's most screwed up of them all :allears:

it's genuinely why i think they're going to do kind of a 'horror' bend near the end of the season to make people realize how big this realization is and hammer home how intensely hosed rand is.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Anybody else expect Nynaeve at the end to throw balefire at Logain? I was convinced that's what they were building to, but there's going off book and then REALLY going off book so I like what they did instead.

yes. i love her

fade fight cont, i rewound it like 5 times to watch how it moved. jordan LOVED it when things move appear across a room without seeming to have needed to traverse it, this seems pretty close to that

Brolander fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Nov 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chomposaur
Feb 28, 2010

Honestly out of all the amazing poo poo in this episode the one that got me was brigitte confirmed, let's goooooo

They're still doing a lot of exposition but weaving it with character moments and I feel like this episode will actually give non-book-readers a sense for where this show can go besides "LotR chosen one adventure quest"

Also I loved that we got a bit more levity in this episode, I was starting to be afraid we'd just get grim events and snarky one-liners but there were a few really fun scenes