Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

LODGE NORTH posted:

Ah, I wasn’t even aware that barnes and Noble sold them. Called a local one, they were able to hold it for me, and all is good in the world.

Thanks for the assist!

Happy to help!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Fingers McLongDong posted:

On this note, what's everyone's favorite method for dusting sets you have out as display bits? I noticed the ones I have around my cubicle at work are getting dusty. Thought about just finding some compressed air to blast them.

Soft bristle toothbrush

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Leaf blower.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I have the Bonsai tree and the Bird or Paradise and they're both very nice. I hope they come out with another Botanical collection set sometime soon.

The BoP is designed so it moves realistically in the wind too which is pretty cool. Its on a shelf surrounded by real plants and it gets absentmindedly watered every so often.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Fingers McLongDong posted:

On this note, what's everyone's favorite method for dusting sets you have out as display bits? I noticed the ones I have around my cubicle at work are getting dusty. Thought about just finding some compressed air to blast them.
Canned air and then a fine paint brush.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I just let the dust build up. after it gets thick and a little greasy it helps hold my poorly thought out brick placement in place

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
2022 Monkie Kid sets!

B&P discord's been digging through some of these new pieces, like the dark green ingot and some kind of transparent orange SNOT brick. These all look great, especially City Of Lanterns, which feels like Ninjago City Lite. In fact, I bet someone will modify it to fit the Ninjago City standard shortly after it comes out. Lot of fun inside jokes / LEGO references in it, and the chopsticks piece has real potential as a new greebly bit. Also, a new color: basically a high visibility / fluorescent yellow. You can see it on the side of Mei's Dragon Car and on her torso.

Design stream tonight at 7PM Central / ~1 hour away! Gonna try a silly holiday idea Bun and I had.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
City of Lanterns is cool looking

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Chris Knight posted:

This but it should be the other way around.

Andoman
Nov 7, 2021

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi

Chris Knight posted:

This is my preferred method too but one tip I would give is for the more fragile models start a little further away when first expressing the air to avoid blowing bits off.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Waltzing Along posted:

City of Lanterns is cool looking

Love when Lego uses those pastels together, there were a lot of sets with similar colors in the Lego Movie 2 theme.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I love the Mandalorian Starfighter set, except for it missing Saxon’s helmet. The fighter itself is really cool though, it captures the movement of the ship so well.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

City of lanterns is very nice looking as a Ninjago City lite, but the open backs aren’t good.

Also, Brickset needs to do something about ads on mobile.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

veni veni veni posted:

This but it should be the other way around.

Canned paint and a fine air brush?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Ecto-1 on sale at Iwoot for $165. I'm tempted. Talk me off or over the ledge.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
It's a ghostbusters lego set. You'd be building a monument humanity's greatest artistic creation with humanity's greatest technological achievement. It's the pinnacle manifestation of sentient life.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

deoju posted:

It's a ghostbusters lego set. You'd be building a monument humanity's greatest artistic creation with humanity's greatest technological achievement. It's the pinnacle manifestation of sentient life.

I have the firehouse and the OG ecto-1.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah it's loving annoying.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Waltzing Along posted:

I have the firehouse and the OG ecto-1.
:ghost::respek::ghost:

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Waltzing Along posted:

Ecto-1 on sale at Iwoot for $165. I'm tempted. Talk me off or over the ledge.

Uhhh the ladder is on the wrong side…?

Idk man I love mine, I have the firehouse and the ideas set and the lady ghostbusters set so maybe I’m not unbiased

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
:goonsay:Canonically the ladder was moved sometime between Ghostbusters 2 and Ghostbusters Afterlife to accommodate the gunner seat. Since the set is labeled with the Afterlife logo the ladder's placement is correct. We can surmise that the change took place sometime between January 1st 1990 and 1992 due to Ghostbusters 2 concluding on New Year's Eve and expositional dialogue in Ghostbusters Afterlife. If Egon stole the Ecto 1 when business slowed down it must have already had the gunner seat. Who needs one when you are working solo?:ms:

Furthermore, you'll note that I am the biggest ghostbusters nerd of all time, additionally I am slightly drunk.

deoju fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Nov 27, 2021

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Can I build the real ecto-1 or is it 2021 cash-in only?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
:confused:
The set is a tie in to the Ghostbusters Afterlife. A film which is a loving, appropriate, and worthy continuation of the series.

I'm unaware of any 'cash-in.' You must be referring to something else. I suggest you alert the appropriate intellectual property authorities.

There might be mods out there, flipping the ladder can't be that hard. but you'd lose the gunner seat's full function.

deoju fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Nov 27, 2021

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Made this for today's stream. Hope ya like it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

That's one hell of a penis.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Incredible fidelity to the source material. :cheeky:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Carbohydrates posted:

Made this for today's stream. Hope ya like it.

Fantastic

deoju posted:

:goonsay:Canonically the ladder was moved sometime between Ghostbusters 2 and Ghostbusters Afterlife to accommodate the gunner seat. Since the set is labeled with the Afterlife logo the ladder's placement is correct. We can surmise that the change took place sometime between January 1st 1990 and 1992 due to Ghostbusters 2 concluding on New Year's Eve and expositional dialogue in Ghostbusters Afterlife. If Egon stole the Ecto 1 when business slowed down it must have already had the gunner seat. Who needs one when you are working solo?:ms:

Furthermore, you'll note that I am the biggest ghostbusters nerd of all time, additionally I am slightly drunk.

The difference between the original and the afterlife one are so tiny that I don't think anyone cared, but it's still absolutely bizarre to me that Lego would do a high end, adult targeted Ecto-1 and tie it to a yet unreleased movie instead of doing the iconic version of it. it's like if they finally made the UCS AT-AT, but went with an $800 AT-ACT from Rogue One instead of the Empire Strikes back AT-AT.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Well I think the movie was supposed to come out in 2020 and then a pesky little pandemic happened. But the set was too far along in production for lego to not release it.. they didn't want a bunch of inventory chilling out in warehouses until the movie launched.

Andoman
Nov 7, 2021

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi

xzzy posted:

Well I think the movie was supposed to come out in 2020 and then a pesky little pandemic happened. But the set was too far along in production for lego to not release it.. they didn't want a bunch of inventory chilling out in warehouses until the movie launched.

That makes sense. I guess it’s easy to forget that the pandemic impact on cinema has had a knock on effect on merchandising

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Speaking of the Ecto-1, I've just been to Auchan in Luxembourg and they had a black friday deal on it until the 29th for €149.99 with an additional €60 immediately back onto your Auchan card, making it effectively €90. Idk if they would have the same deal at Auchan in France (I know there's some other poster itt who lives there) but it might be worth checking out.

I picked one up even though I'm not into Ghostbusters because I figure I can sell it on for like €190 in the run up to Christmas, making myself a little profit, while hopefully leaving my morals intact?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

The_Doctor posted:

City of lanterns is very nice looking as a Ninjago City lite, but the open backs aren’t good.

Install ad blocker, problem solved ;)

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Finally built the Elf Clubhouse that was in my backlog from last year and oh my god is it a charming set and looks way better than on the photos. Turning the clock the first time made me giggle.

Guess I’ll also need to get this years Christmas set. Should make a nice display with the gingerbread house and the elf clubhouse.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Carbohydrates posted:

B&P discord's been digging through some of these new pieces, like the dark green ingot and some kind of transparent orange SNOT brick. These all look great, especially City Of Lanterns, which feels like Ninjago City Lite. In fact, I bet someone will modify it to fit the Ninjago City standard shortly after it comes out. Lot of fun inside jokes / LEGO references in it, and the chopsticks piece has real potential as a new greebly bit. Also, a new color: basically a high visibility / fluorescent yellow. You can see it on the side of Mei's Dragon Car and on her torso.

I’m really curious what people make with the “Sandwitch Plate”, titled here:

https://www.stonewars.de/news/analyse-der-lego-monkie-kid-neuheiten/

That thing should offer some really cool new ways to change build direction, angle etc.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

tuo posted:

Finally built the Elf Clubhouse that was in my backlog from last year and oh my god is it a charming set and looks way better than on the photos. Turning the clock the first time made me giggle.

Guess I’ll also need to get this years Christmas set. Should make a nice display with the gingerbread house and the elf clubhouse.

I still have the little Easter bunny house from this year and I’ll probably never build it.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
If you’re trying for the Home Alone set, shop Disney has it as “low stock.” It booted me a few times as out of stock but I was able to F5 a few times and get one. Who knows if it gets fulfilled, but it’s only $25 over MSRP so gently caress it. Make sure you enter Cyber as a promo code so you don’t pay 40 loving dollars for shipping though.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Well guys, you tricked me into buying that Ghostbusters car. Now to figure out how to get an affordable firehouse.

I have the ideas ecto1 and had bought the creater fire station to mod into the firehouse, but I ended up moving and everything went into storage for the exact years the official firehouse was available. I'll have to look into it a boxed fire station is roughly the same price as a used firehouse or something.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

RodShaft posted:

Well guys, you tricked me into buying that Ghostbusters car. Now to figure out how to get an affordable firehouse.
I want to sell mine! I have a bunch of sets I took down last year and never got around to doing anything about lol.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Chris Knight posted:

I want to sell mine! I have a bunch of sets I took down last year and never got around to doing anything about lol.

OooooOOOOOOOooooo

PMed.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.
i keep buying tanks because i keep finding them on sale at places. i really like them :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I was going to use my VIP points to get that camera thing, and VIP is down lol.