Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Louisgod posted:

I think this what drives me most insane, that people are saying to CALM DOWN and it’s like motherfucker, there’s a lot of good that comes with assuming the worse and preparing for it up front.. it’d be amazing if all countries took insanely good precautions now and omicron turned out to be nothing but can’t have that, capitaism machine must go burrr
they just want to be the voice of wisdom in the room full of panicky sheep and being all "Look, we need to be reasonable, I realize this is all troubling. Here are some well reasoned words that I think will help to assuage some of the hysteria that that we are seeing all too often in these troubling times,"

and its just like, shut the gently caress up with that stupid dad voice, no one's voting for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Covok posted:

Y'all seriously chickenlittling right now

lol cry in QCS about it

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I can't wait for there to be like 6 chuds at work to come down with Omicron, and have to go without pay because of our stupid new PTO scheme that doesn't include time off for COVID.

That or they'll just show up and spread it

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Dolphin posted:

they just want to be the voice of wisdom in the room full of panicky sheep and being all "Look, we need to be reasonable, I realize this is all troubling. Here are some well reasoned words that I think will help to assuage some of the hysteria that that we are seeing all too often in these troubling times,"

and its just like, shut the gently caress up with that stupid dad voice, no one's voting for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cpWEX9A7y0

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Mr Hootington posted:

I will have children with anyone who asks

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Bastard Tetris posted:

lol cry in QCS about it

For everyone who doesn’t read QCS, it’s an absolute barrel of monkeys. It’s the funniest forum of this comedy website.

Probably Magic posted:

Covid really is just a personality for some people, isn't it? Some people have the Chicago Bears, some people have Joss Whedon shows, and others, well, they have a virus that is either going to peter out in the next couple years and become such a never-ending constant that it might as well have.

Nov 22, 2021 6:37

The variant that we now know as Omicron was identified less than forty‐eight hours later.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

welp, time to start participating in the suck n gently caress to materialize this variant. praxis etc

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

What's the magic number of people dying where the cost of labor gets so expensive that rich people start demanding governments impose strict lockdowns to get the Psi variant under control?

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

It's true. I don't see ANY of the people who died from COVID when I go outside!

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Steve Yun posted:

Rubby is gone? why?

don't cross falcon guy :tinfoil:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Platystemon posted:

P2 standard is more or less the equivalent of N95.

I expect that 3M uses exactly the same machines, materials, and procedures to make products for both markets. They’re just printed and packaged differently.

masknerd's tests had all the 3m masks at ~99% filtration, so you're probably correct. they make masks good enough to pass all the 95% standards and brand them appropriately based on the region.

putting multiple certs on one masks confuses people. i have 3m n95 masks that are also kn95 certified with both standards printed on the mask. and the reviews on some sites are freaking out that they ordered n95s, not these terrible chinese kn95s.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Do armed guards in schools next. Or cops.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Delta-Wye posted:

don't cross falcon guy :tinfoil:

didn’t someone figure out that was Martin Random

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

bowser posted:

What's the magic number of people dying where the cost of labor gets so expensive that rich people start demanding governments impose strict lockdowns to get the Psi variant under control?

That would never happen; repealing the 13th Amendment however...

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Dolphin posted:

it feels deeper than that, almost like if they acknowledge that poo poo will get bad that they’re admitting we’re in a perpetual state of COVID waves, which doing so would crush their worldview that there’s a post-pandemic world to return to.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Pingui posted:

That would never happen; repealing the 13th Amendment however...

no need, just leave it in place and demonize some portion of the population and plop em in work camps

all perfectly legal

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

Linking vaccination status with mask mandatoryness was the stupidest poo poo imaginable

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Louisgod posted:

it feels deeper than that, almost like if they acknowledge that poo poo will get bad that they’re admitting we’re in a perpetual state of COVID waves, which doing so would crush their worldview that there’s a post-pandemic world to return to.

If they acknowledge it, they have to bear some responsibility to not make it worse, to still be the good guy by their own ethos. Responsibility is liberal kryptonite.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

bowser posted:

This is a great joke!

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Paradoxish posted:

You know the situation is bad when you start getting D&D posters popping in to say that everything is fine. Literally only happens when poo poo is on the upswing. It's one of those "oh gently caress" indicators like posts in this thread suddenly skyrocketing.

Covok is known for panicking in the lead up to the last presidential election, and “Covoking” was a term for irrational evidenceless panic. they are probably making a joke fwiw.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
lol people still don't believe it and are making "omicron is milder" the new truth. i fully expect biden and/or fauci to say its milder
https://twitter.com/mrwventures/status/1464735072544706570

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Red Baron posted:

no need, just leave it in place and demonize some portion of the population and plop em in work camps

all perfectly legal

Well, I mean technically yes. I am just saying they would do more slavery before doing a lockdown.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

mod sassinator posted:

lol people still don't believe it and are making "omicron is milder" the new truth. i fully expect biden and/or fauci to say its milder

Are you kidding? Biden and Fauchi will say it's milder

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

mod sassinator posted:

Lmao this thing is gonna tear through the global population. They'll be screaming "IT'S A MILD ILLNESS!!" as they choke on their own lung goo.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

If it turns out to be milder, people will say that scientists are all fearmongers and the tiny bit of progress on slowing catastrophic climate change will be thrown in a bonfire

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

mod sassinator posted:

Well, lesse, otherwise healthy adults turned up to the hospital with symptoms. Half of them were vaccinated. >70% of people in South Africa are not vaccinated.

Hmmm.

The sample size is garbage and I'd want more of an idea about the vaccination rate of the region the facility services, but blunt analysis of the data is a solid lol out of lmao for vaccinated people getting hospitalized at an equal percentage to unvaccinated people

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

703 posted:

10 packs of aura masks on amazon have increased 2-3 $ in the last 24 hours

goon early warning system works great. so glad i bought 40 masks a week ago.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

"Omicron is mild" is the new "less than 1% of people die"

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

the same people ragging on the chuds for "it's just a flu" are not shrieking "it's mild"

time is a flat circle

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Covok is known for panicking in the lead up to the last presidential election, and “Covoking” was a term for irrational evidenceless panic. they are probably making a joke fwiw.

so you're saying his trademark time was Covok '19

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
The good news is that if Omi is as nasty as it first appears to be, we won't be hearing the "it's mild" copium for months, as it'll be murdering people in a few weeks.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

mycomancy posted:

The good news is that if Omi is as nasty as it first appears to be, we won't be hearing the "it's mild" copium for months, as it'll be murdering people in a few weeks.

:crnasickos:

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

mycomancy posted:

inshallah

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

mycomancy posted:

:pray:

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Dolphin posted:

actually we can assume they know something we don't, since they have way more information than anyone posting here possibly could

I listened to Bojo’s presser today and one of the reporters asked him if they were moving fast enough. he said that he was personally briefed on Thursday.

and then I went “lol a dead gay forum briefed me about the new variant faster than a head of state.”

Wang Commander
Dec 27, 2003

by sebmojo
Half of hospitalized being vaxxed in a 30% vaxxed population suggests ADE

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

mycomancy posted:

lol Covid Christmas is gonna break so many brains

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

mycomancy posted:

gently caress yeah, kill everyone, wipe out all life on earth