Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

Tayter Swift posted:

Yeah, she's pretty much bedridden right now after losing her balance. She hit 102 last night, same as with both her Pfizer doses in April.

Meanwhile I got away Scott-free. I no longer have Scotts.

Paper goods shortages getting real again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

Oh what's this, an update from my local paper? I wonder what's going on...

lol. lmao

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Thoguh posted:

Horny is forbidden.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Paradoxish posted:

They aren't going to even whisper the word until everything is wildly out of control.

So they're going back in time to early last year?

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

bonkbonkbonkbonk

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Is there a reason why some people get really bad side effects to the vaccine and nothing for other people? My dad and I barely had any side effects, outside slightly sore arm, we also never get sick if that means anything.

Grabnar
Nov 24, 2017

Iceland just got their first case, individual was just boosted https://www.visir.is/g/20212190851d/sa-sem-greindist-smitadur-af-omikron-ny-buinn-ad-fa-orvunar-skammt

“ It was confirmed yesterday that one has been diagnosed with the omicron variant in Iceland. He is now in Landspítali but he had not been traveling abroad, so it is still uncertain where he became infected with the virus. Þórólfur says that he had just received a booster dose when he was diagnosed with the infection. ”

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
had to look it up

over 53k people at that anime convention

and they were there for 3 days lmao

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
my second moderna shot hit me like a truck but my moderna booster didnt give me the slightest side effect

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Death By The Blues posted:

Is there a reason why some people get really bad side effects to the vaccine and nothing for other people? My dad and I barely had any side effects, outside slightly sore arm, we also never get sick if that means anything.

placebo effect

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

post COVID posted:

i think my friend got infected at a dave and busters

Is your friend Drake?

https://twitter.com/GAFollowers/status/1461838077475831810?t=VPoLwohoUye8nGKg2qy91Q&s=19

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
we've heard about long covid but what about long vaxx

i've had off and on headaches since my booster

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Floor is lava posted:

had to look it up

over 53k people at that anime convention

and they were there for 3 days lmao

You need a lot of time to buy the right used panties or whatever goes on at those loving perv parties

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

:gizz:

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Lol that the US is seamlessly pivoting from "covid is over" to embracing the plague

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Just got back from the dentist. Love to hear about my dentist (who was only wearing a surgical mask, natch) and her Thanksgiving travels. She had to go so far to a lot of different houses! But at least she got to see her nephews after their big football game!

What the gently caress.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Vernii posted:

Lol that the US is seamlessly pivoting from "covid is over" to embracing the plague

hail Satan

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

lol staff meeting just updated with the following agenda item

“Holiday Luncheon (Dec. 17)”

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

saw this in a svengoolie fan group, lmao

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Thoguh posted:

Horny is forbidden.

thats just how u polarize the hull plating

its not horny until someone starts arming the phase cannon

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Floor is lava posted:

we've heard about long covid but what about long vaxx

i've had off and on headaches since my booster

I've been sick since my flu booster. Headaches, joint pain, low grade fever, oddly fluctuating BP and heart rate, random nausea, gastrointestinal issues. I was 100% fine before and even after my booster. My doctor said it is just anxiety as there's nothing physically wrong with me

However, the headaches stopped after I did a 14 day regime of Flonase and all of the other symptoms stop if I do a bit of vigorous exercise. So she might be half correct

orange sky
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1466452900939550723?t=stcBc_prRo_4i6yfnMpi-w&s=19

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

UnknownTarget posted:

Just got back from the dentist. Love to hear about my dentist (who was only wearing a surgical mask, natch) and her Thanksgiving travels. She had to go so far to a lot of different houses! But at least she got to see her nephews after their big football game!

What the gently caress.

One of the things on my list today is to find a dentist that takes covid seriously. I'm expecting it to be a fools errand

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

SplitSoul posted:

MINK MINK MINK MINK MINK MINK MINK MINK MINK MINK

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Grabnar posted:

Iceland just got their first case, individual was just boosted https://www.visir.is/g/20212190851d/sa-sem-greindist-smitadur-af-omikron-ny-buinn-ad-fa-orvunar-skammt

“ It was confirmed yesterday that one has been diagnosed with the omicron variant in Iceland. He is now in Landspítali but he had not been traveling abroad, so it is still uncertain where he became infected with the virus. Þórólfur says that he had just received a booster dose when he was diagnosed with the infection. ”

https://twitter.com/megtirrell/status/1466454777529839618?s=20

Ahahaha. Hahahha. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

my lungs! the titers do nothing!!

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
https://twitter.com/MarkLevineNYC/status/1466449676576636930

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

The Iceland case was also boosted

Goddamn this is going to kill so many loving people

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

No info on what sort of booster shot?

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

NPR update on vaccines for under 5 year olds:

quote:

What you can expect when vaccines become available for kids under 5
December 2, 20216:00 AM ET

Vaccines for children under five are expected to be approved early next year, but officials and pediatricians say the slow uptake among hesitant parents for the 5-11 age group could extend to the youngest children too.

Dr. Francis Collins is director of the National Institutes of Health and spoke with NPR's All Things Considered about the timeline for emergency use authorization of the vaccine for kids under 5, and the ongoing efforts to immunize those aged 5 to 11.

As with older Americans, before the vaccine makers can submit for FDA emergency use authorization, they must first conduct trials to ensure the vaccine is safe and effective.

For children under five, these trials are split into two different groups: those aged 2-5, and those aged six months to two years.

"Both of those have had data generated in a carefully controlled trial, and those are going to be submitted and [the] FDA will review them," Collins said.

"But I think it will be by the first of the year before we have approval for those younger ages."

Under five vaccine approval by the Jan 1st 2022 would be much better than expected. Of course immediately right now would be better.

The article then goes on to talk a LOT about parents hesitant about vaccinating their kids but to be honest this pandemic has shown a large fraction of the American public is overall really stupid about vaccines and doesn't require any further explanation. You can discuss the systemic factors leading to this state of affairs, widespread misinformation and poor education and how it serves the needs of capital and existing power structures etc etc but also need to just call a spade a spade.

gradenko_2000 posted:

The Iceland case was also boosted

Goddamn this is going to kill so many loving people

It's a fair guess the vaccine efficacy against symptomatic infection is going to be much lower. At this point just hoping it has OK protection against severe disease and results in only "mild" symptoms, where I mean actually mild and not whatever definition the US CDC is using. Also no ADE would be good, I'm not hearing much commentary about that at all so maybe it's unlikely, but of course this is still the period where there's no real info available.

Nocturtle fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Dec 2, 2021

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I'm a bit confused. If the R0 value of Omicron is as high as it seems to be - especially given that HK hotel - AND if it's as vaccine evading as some of this new data suggests, wouldn't the current stiuation, even with as short a time as it's been, be WAY more apocalyptic than it even already is? Like wouldn't the current rate of spread suggest a high R0 value with low to moderate vaccine escape OR a high rate of vaccine escape with an R0 comparable to Delta rather than a high rate of vaccine escape AND a higher R0?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

anime is the disease

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Is it more embarrassing to get COV19 from a anime convention or a trip to the local strip club?

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

“get boosted! get boosted!” I continue to insist as I slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/MettaWorld37/status/1466454653046984711?s=20

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

taking off my Doomer: We're All hosed hat and putting on my Liberal Dunce hat for a sec, isn't it at least somewhat hopeful that somebody recently boosted got infected and is supposedly recovering? I mean yeah we already know you can get infected irrespective of vaccination status but so far it kinda seems like being boosted helps quite a bit?

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

The power of anime and omicron combined vs. the power of feckless liberals offering insurance layaway rebates. We are living in the parody now.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

I mean it is pretty much a guarantee that natural infection means nothing when it comes to reducing Omicron spread, and as predicted Vaccine has gotta be below 50% (my wild rear end guess)

Maybe there is still some hope for reduced severity but idk how cases don’t explode in the south because I can’t really see prior infection with Delta doing anything. Oh yea and the whole longCOVID thing

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

etalian posted:

Is it more embarrassing to get COV19 from a anime convention or a trip to the local strip club?

which would be more embarrassing if it was an STD?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

MadJackal posted:

So it’s already in NYC then, just in time for the holidays. gently caress.

gently caress. gently caress. No. How is this happening