Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

paperwind posted:

When he supports the thread's groupthink in 2020 he is reasonable, then when he doesn't in 2021 he is insane and contrarian

Did someone or someones nefarious put him on a payroll between then and now?

Wow it's almost like people are able to critically evaluate individual statements and not just say "I like this guy therefore he's right"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Spoondick posted:

mostly hyping all the fraudulent stuff about ivermectin leading to people hilariously going blind and dying from eating too much horse paste, if nothing else it's demonstrative of him not really vetting his sources well

Mild blindness.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

mastershakeman posted:

Wait since when is taking vitamin D not a good thing vs covid

I thought it was one of the few preemptive things you could do

It turns out that supplementing with vitamin D doesn't help. People born with a skin colour that makes them more likely to have vitamin D deficiency are more likely to die of covid because of myriad other factors.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

fosborb posted:

he pushes ivermectin dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1GF0H9V_1g

he's a quack

The use of ivermectin under medical supervision is quackery?

Which doctors should I trust then?

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

It's hilarious how often people will try to pull the whole "You agreed with this person once and now you disagree with them!? CURIOUS!" thing without realizing that it's basically telling on yourself.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Paradoxish posted:

Wow it's almost like people are able to critically evaluate individual statements and not just say "I like this guy therefore he's right"

I have a feeling that the ongoing thread consensus is where the lack of critical thinking may actually lie.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

paperwind posted:

lol, gently caress yes

you should trust literally any other doctor not about to lose their medical license also

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

paperwind posted:

I have a feeling that the ongoing thread consensus is where the lack of critical thinking may actually lie.

There's no thread consensus about anything. This thread has a poo poo ton of posters.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

paperwind posted:

Yes

Maybe the ones who's income doesn't depend on YouTube views.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

paperwind posted:

Depends, do you have worms?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

paperwind posted:

lol

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
It's literally impossible to find a doctor that wont give you invectorminion!!

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

paperwind posted:

You were doing like a rough 6/10 but you tipped your hand with this here.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

paperwind posted:

When he supports the thread's groupthink in 2020 he is reasonable, then when he doesn't in 2021 he is insane and contrarian

you evolve and adjust to the information you have in front of you, not give in to conspiracy and snake oil. what’s wrong with you

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
I find it funny that the C-SPAM thread's group consensus on the pandemic is indistinguishable from that of the CDC and the Biden Administration.

Anyway, I'm done here. Bye.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

genericnick posted:

If you sequenced less you'd have less cases though :thunk:

:chaostrump:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
yeah I thought the ivermectin effectiveness in some countries was shown to be entirely because people in those countries had lots of worms, and treating the worms helped the body fight off covid.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lol remember how trump sent a bunch of goons to that guy's office to "collect" his medical records?

mystes
May 31, 2006

paperwind posted:

Doctors are skilled at applying existing medical knowledge. Scientifically evaluating the effectiveness of novel medical interventions is not actually something that they are trained in or good at, although the system is set up as if they are.

This is usually a bigger problem for things like surgery where doctors are basically given free reign to do whatever the gently caress they want, but they are also given free reign to prescribe drugs like Ivermectin off-label where they have not been scientifically tested for the things they are being used for.

Unfortunately there's no real way for you as a consumer of medical services to know whether your doctor is actually applying evidence based medicine or not, but you should maybe apply some skepticism when a doctor is prescribing a drug off label for indications that it hasn't been approved for without extremely high quality evidence.

mystes fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Dec 5, 2021

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

paperwind posted:

Spoondick posted:

mostly hyping all the fraudulent stuff about ivermectin leading to people hilariously going blind and dying from eating too much horse paste, if nothing else it's demonstrative of him not really vetting his sources well

paperwind posted:

lol

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
no please dont go

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

paperwind posted:

I find it funny that the C-SPAM thread's group consensus on the pandemic is indistinguishable from that of the CDC and the Biden Administration.

lol go eat a tube of ivermectin btich

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

paperwind posted:

bye madjackal simp

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

paperwind posted:

what

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

that's gotta be a record for getting chased out right

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Somebody hit the endless mimosas early this sunday morning.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
because my only thoughts are this thread’s groupthoughts, all my clothes are actually made of ivermectin now

couldn’t be happier, thank you thread

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

paperwind posted:

We’ve found it.

Accusing Max Titers of being antivaxx was rich, but this here is the most out of touch criticism that could ever be levelled against this thread.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

paperwind posted:

I sure as gently caress want this poo poo to end. How about you?

a force of nature doesn’t care what you want. no one knows poo poo about what is going to happen, but it’s pretty easy to identify the people lying about knowing the future.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

Platystemon posted:

We’ve found it.

Accusing Max Titers of being antivaxx was rich, but this here is the most out of touch criticism that could ever be levelled against this thread.

yeah i thought it was a bit at first. then i saw the post history and :popeye: lmao

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

paperwind posted:

:lmao:

nigel thornberry
Jul 29, 2013

taking ivermectin (safely) under doctors orders to treat my (mild) case of omicron

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Paradoxish posted:

that's gotta be a record for getting chased out right

He used to be a good poster that posted about COVID in Hawaii but then he started posting about how Joe Rogan and Jimmy Dore have some good ideas if you think about it and then he didn't post for a while and then this morning happened.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
The videos I saw Campbell talk about ivermectin on were pointing out how terribly the govts were messaging against it. They would never say it is ineffective and instead make up poo poo like oh we will run out of it

Anyways his video on omicron is hopeful but neglects to look into the age of people in hospitals. Which right now is just wait and see - olds aren't there , yet. Maybe we get insanely lucky and it really just doesn't hit olds hard for some reason. I doubt it though

Does anyone know which European country has the highest % of omicron in their sequences cases?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Platystemon posted:

We’ve found it.

I guess this is like how if you're far right enough, Biden is indistinguishable from Karl Marx.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Petey posted:

useless moron idiotbrain question / season one callback: could this be an MMR effect again? look at the 0-5 rate vs the 5-9 rate. then MMR protection begins to wane, and only 25% of 18-34s in SA are vaccinated. then the older you get, the more you are a) vaccinated or b) you survived earlier waves for mysterious genetic reasons.

I suspect it's a function of incredibly high transmission in the early stages of an outbreak, and cases (and the rest of the downstream outcomes) will soon spread more consistently throughout other demographics

kater
Nov 16, 2010

wait all this mild poo poo is a coordinated attempt at telling people they need to live with the virus.

mystes
May 31, 2006

kater posted:

wait all this mild poo poo is a coordinated attempt at telling people they need to live with the virus.
Wow, no need to start posting such extreme stuff. Let's keep it mild here in brunchville.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

kater posted:

Nah, it's to convince people to die (mildly!) with the virus.