Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

No reason for them to do that. I imagine they'll skip Fal Dara entirely and go straight to the no can't do that still need to pick up Min somewhere. Heck.

e: Okay no, they are definitely going to skip Fal Dara this season. They have literally none of the characters that show up there.

Min can show up palling around with Someshta, who gives a poo poo.

KOGAHAZAN!! fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Dec 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

No Hurin :(

Better be extra swears

Cutting Hurin makes sense, since he's only important for one book. People in this thread have speculated having his role played by Min, which could work.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

William Bear posted:

Cutting Hurin makes sense, since he's only important for one book. People in this thread have speculated having his role played by Min, which could work.

Giving her sniffer powers? Or maybe using her aura reading as a way to find the guilty and she's a bounty hunter?

I hope they keep the future reading, but i'm not sure how that can be done on TV.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Oh I know. I just like Hurin. He's so earnest.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

No reason for them to do that. I imagine they'll skip Fal Dara entirely and go straight to the no can't do that still need to pick up Min somewhere. Heck.

e: Okay no, they are definitely going to skip Fal Dara this season. They have literally none of the characters that show up there.

Except we know they've filmed Fal Dara for S1: we've seen leaked black hawk on gold sigils, we've seen the 3 foxes banner, we've even had leaked casting for Ingtar (though, not the same person).

We've also seen extremely Fal Dara-ish cuts in the trailers.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

they literally showed us shots of them going into the fortress at fal dara

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

They might just give Hurin's role to Uno, the deadline article describes him as: Roberts plays Uno Nomeshta, a gruff one-eyed soldier and tracker

I can't remember book Uno tracking anything but flaming curses

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

We know that Fal Dara is in season 1, it's in the trailers.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Fal Dara with no Agelmar, Ingtar, Uno or Masema. Alright, sure.

So it's either entirely custom or they've moved some of the Baerlon stuff up to here. I don't know if there's anything from the start of tGH they could reasonably bring back.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Hexel posted:

They might just give Hurin's role to Uno, the deadline article describes him as: Roberts plays Uno Nomeshta, a gruff one-eyed soldier and tracker

I can't remember book Uno tracking anything but flaming curses

Uno will find out about Perrin’s nose, go “sniffer you’re with me,” bada bing bada boom

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

If they're only casting Fal Dara castle characters for season 2, maybe the visit in season 1 just stays to the town itself as a Baerlon stand-in and they don't get invited in to the fortress itself until they return from the blight next season.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Pleads posted:

If they're only casting Fal Dara castle characters for season 2, maybe the visit in season 1 just stays to the town itself as a Baerlon stand-in and they don't get invited in to the fortress itself until they return from the blight next season.

That's my assumption. And if they seal off mat's dagger sickness in the inn in tar valon, that would also make more sense. And it leads directly to the whole rand lordship thing which is going to kick off in season 2

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Here's Rand and what appears to be Egwene on a 7 or 8 set, the highlighted guy is Episode 7 & 8 director Ciaran Donnelly https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1012772/

Hexel fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Dec 6, 2021

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
drat this casting is really getting me hype. This season is cool and all but I'm so excited for them to flesh out the world of Shienar next season and then all of the other awesome things that happen too :D

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

Fal Dara with no Agelmar, Ingtar, Uno or Masema. Alright, sure.

Only two of those showed up in EotW, and they didn't really do much that a generic Shiernan noble (or even border guard) couldn't also do.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
There's shots of the group meeting with someone in Fal Dara. It's possible it is Agelmar but they recast the role for season 2, especially if they're going to be a reoccurring character. We'll find out in three weeks in either case.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I wonder if there is going to be some massive ginger casting call when it comes time for the Aiel to appear.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

withak posted:

I wonder if there is going to be some massive ginger casting call when it comes time for the Aiel to appear.

That sounds much more dignified than wannabe orcs for the LOTR show:

quote:

Extras Casting Call
URGENT CASTING - Funky Looking people needed! (if you are with BGT do not apply as we have already submitted you if suitable) Tag a friend who might fit the role. I am now urgently needing to submit people for a production. Please read on...... Do you have an overbite, face burns, long skinny limbs, deep cheek bones, lines on your face, acne scars, ears that stick out, bulbous or interesting noses, small eyes, big eyes, Skinny faces, missing bones?, Do you look unusual. Ages from 18 - 65 MALE AND FEMALE, any Ethnicity. PLEASE EMAIL ME NOW!!! THIS IS URGENT. I NEED A CURRENT CLEAR PHOTO OF YOUR FACE WITH NO MAKEUP WITH YOUR PHONE NUMBER. My email is evelina@bgt.nz OR CALL ME 021-398-727 You must have great availability, have working rights for New Zealand, be living in Auckland New Zealand, or be a resident. Please do not email if you are not in New Zealand. Thank you. Evelina - lead booker submitting talent for Amazons Lord of the Rings.

quote:

Speaking Role Casting Calls
Are you unique?? WE NEED YOU! Do you have really unique facial or body features that make you stand out? Then we want to hear from you!! Email booking@kamtalent.com asap please also attach a clear photo of yourself along with your details - please note you must be Auckland Based. Please note if you are already with KAM and fit the description we will put you forward - this is for NEW face
https://www.projectcasting.com/blog/casting-calls-acting-auditions/lord-of-the-rings-casting/

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Eighties ZomCom posted:

So the bonus feature mentioned Accepted, but were there any in the episode? All I saw were novices in white, though I guess some of them could have been Accepted and they were just wearing white instead of the rainbow skirts.

How do you access the bonus features? On a PC, or can you do it through Prime Video? I want to show them to my wife and haven't found them with the small effort I've put in

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

withak posted:

I would love to see the Aiel as diverse as the rest of the casting, just all inexplicably with red hair. Just to see the racists who lost it at the Two Rivers casting go even more nuts.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

RC Cola posted:

How do you access the bonus features? On a PC, or can you do it through Prime Video? I want to show them to my wife and haven't found them with the small effort I've put in

gotta press x-ray to get to them, then they'll come up as bonus content or whatever

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

There's shots of the group meeting with someone in Fal Dara. It's possible it is Agelmar but they recast the role for season 2, especially if they're going to be a reoccurring character. We'll find out in three weeks in either case.

Its gonna be his sister, Helga Jagad

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

The guy from the S1 trailer looks a lot like Thomas Chaanhing. I don't know why they took so long to announce the Agelmar role? There's no credits on his IMDB yet so :shrug:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I can't remember if I said it or not, but I fully expect Logain to get healed more quickly than he did in the books. Then we will get almost as much black tower intrigue between Logain and Taim as we do in the white tower

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

The brown ajah detective was on it. Thomas Chaanhing was shooting in Prague in September 2020 so he's def Agelmar in season 1 with no recasting. Sandra Yi Sencindiver was there too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4j-F_XHQ-c&t=744s

Hexel fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Dec 6, 2021

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I don't see it happening that much quicker considering Nynaeve needs to be in a position to do Heal him and there's no way that happens until Logain's left the Tower. They might reduce Nynaeve and Elayne's trip to Salidar (please cut out the circus) but that's about all they can do

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

MegaZeroX posted:

I posted this in the other thread, but I'd thought I'd post it here. I've watched through dozens of reactions/reviews from not book readers, and here are my favorites:

Reactions
  • Everyday Negroes - A bunch of friends chilling and watching a show together
  • Redlaytee - A big fantasy fan who pays a lot of very close attention and makes a ton of theories.
  • pReviewed - A couple of friends, one book reader, one not, who crack a bunch of jokes as they go through.

Review
  • Maidens of the Spear - A book reader asks about a non-booker reader's thoughts about the show. In jokes/terminology gets built, and the episodes are very long with predictions and stuff, so its a ton of fun.
  • Tori Talks - A couple of women who don't really like and consume much fantasy talk about their thoughts.
  • Nerdy Nightly - A couple of fantasy fans talk about their thoughts
I'm watching Everyday Negroes videos right now. I got to Episode 4, their reaction to Logain going super saiyan was amazing. They are perfect.

William Bear posted:

I just assumed they'd combine Julian/Hurin, or have Perrin fully take over the role.

But having Min with Rand could work? The Lanfear/Min dynamic in the portal stones would be different that's for sure.

I feel like the Portal Stone scene is important for Rand taking lead. With Min there I don't know how well he grows into that role while also maintaining who Min is as a character

RC Cola fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Dec 6, 2021

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Rarity posted:

I don't see it happening that much quicker considering Nynaeve needs to be in a position to do Heal him and there's no way that happens until Logain's left the Tower. They might reduce Nynaeve and Elayne's trip to Salidar (please cut out the circus) but that's about all they can do

It is very funny and simultaneously not funny at all that while everyone else is off fighting wars and such that Elayne and Nyn's big book 5 adventure is... being stuck together in a wagon for too long. :laugh:

Maybe that looked shorter on Jordan's outline, who knows.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

eke out posted:

gotta press x-ray to get to them, then they'll come up as bonus content or whatever

What is x-ray though? Is that something I have to do outside of the Prime Video app?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

RC Cola posted:

What is x-ray though? Is that something I have to do outside of the Prime Video app?

i've only just watched on chrome, where when you mouseover the video, there's an x-ray thing you can click, and then you can click "view all" and "bonus content"

no idea about other apps

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

RC Cola posted:

Start an episode, get past any previews and then pause it. Upper left hand corner.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

It is very funny and simultaneously not funny at all that while everyone else is off fighting wars and such that Elayne and Nyn's big book 5 adventure is... being stuck together in a wagon for too long. :laugh:

Sure if you ignore things like bonding a Hero of the Horn, capturing a Forsaken, and burning Rahvin's face off.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Hexel posted:

Start an episode, get past any previews and then pause it. Upper left hand corner.

Thank you, and thank you eke out.

PS No one thinks its Rand. Generic boring white guy. He's done nothing but complain, and one time busted a door down. You have a badass wisdom who 1v1'd a trolloc with a knife, tracked down loving LAN, is being courted by multiple Aes Sedai to join their faction, AOE healed like 30 people at once, and was told she might be the most powerful channeler alive.
You have wolfpack Perrin who isn't AS cool, but has wolves following him and has golden eyes and seems like he's interesting.
You have Mat with the dagger, he's funny and interesting, he appears to be puking black/ maybe channeling?
You have Egwene who is smart with a backbone of steel. She won't cow down to the whitecloaks and cleverly helps Perrin escape.
People are going to be so disappointed at the Rand reveal lol.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

Sure if you ignore things like bonding a Hero of the Horn, capturing a Forsaken, and burning Rahvin's face off.

This is all concentrated right at the end though. Or, well, the Brigitte stuff comes in the middle I guess but the arc is still by and large very passive.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

RC Cola posted:

PS No one thinks its Rand. Generic boring white guy. He's done nothing but complain, and one time busted a door down. You have a badass wisdom who 1v1'd a trolloc with a knife, tracked down loving LAN, is being courted by multiple Aes Sedai to join their faction, AOE healed like 30 people at once, and was told she might be the most powerful channeler alive.
You have wolfpack Perrin who isn't AS cool, but has wolves following him and has golden eyes and seems like he's interesting.
You have Mat with the dagger, he's funny and interesting, he appears to be puking black/ maybe channeling?
You have Egwene who is smart with a backbone of steel. She won't cow down to the whitecloaks and cleverly helps Perrin escape.
I'm going to laugh if the next 2 episodes spend more time building up another NPC like Steppin just to kill them off than they spend on Rand.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

It's important to show Nyneave is ready to throw hands (or elbows) at the drop of a hat. :D

RC Cola posted:

I'm watching Everyday Negroes videos right now. I got to Episode 4, their reaction to Logain going super saiyan was amazing. They are perfect.

Them calling the Dragon Reborn "The Dragon Renovated"

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

This is all concentrated right at the end though. Or, well, the Brigitte stuff comes in the middle I guess but the arc is still by and large very passive.

I am confident it gets severely cut down so Logain can get healed more quickly

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

RC Cola posted:

I can't remember how slowly the Taint gets introduced in the first few books - maybe they just need to go hog-wild with the madness right from the start to really drive home what his story is about.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

The thing about Rand as the dragon reveal bit, is that there's been a lot more hints pointing at him. If I recall, more than anyone else. They're just subtle. In fact, the first hint of any of them is at Rand directly.

Moiraine speaking directly to Rand: "They've come for the same reason I have. For you."

Cuts directly to Rand's face

Or the dragonmount bit Or Thom's song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I keep just randomly giggling. I'm so happy this show exists. It's so good. Maybe I'm mad already.