Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Thoguh posted:

That account retweets whatever is coming across the Bloomberg terminal so it’s a high priest of Number.

yeah i know. i'm just saying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Iron Crowned posted:

Any good songs for our impending doom?

https://youtu.be/gpfpYTmohAk

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

mod sassinator posted:

40 fold?

*gulp*

lmfao stick a fork in it

need to know 40fold compared to what? just 2 doses given 8 months ago, or a booster at the beginning of november?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

mod sassinator posted:

lmao yes, he's saying be happy you might get 2-10% effectiveness

luv 2 be back in March 2020 again

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Iron Crowned posted:

Any good songs for our impending doom?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHvVJ1IejPo

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Louisgod posted:

luv 2 be back in March 2020 again

except we're not getting anything close to protective measures enforced this time

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

External Organs posted:

40 fold reduction of your dick

It was cold.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

mod sassinator posted:

40 fold?

*gulp*

lmfao stick a fork in it

omicron origami

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Mr. Topol will tell you boosting jacks up ur antibodies for variants so definitely still get boosted

Also, to inject the hopium right into my veins, Johnny came out with some new data for the mild brain disease crew

At the very least, the anecdotes are interesting

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1468310562849308675?s=20

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
Sounds like vaccine protection is mild

navigation
Sep 30, 2009
the age and booster category breakdowns seem very important for this, hope that is laid out clearly in the paper.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Louisgod posted:

maybe being boosted has a tangible effect? who knows

https://twitter.com/aTomClarke/status/1468315182690676740?s=20

over half of israeli omicron cases were fully boosted

it's trash, stick a fork in it.

you will want the booster to protect against delta though! as clearly omicron will happily go past delta antibodies and you don't want to deal with both infections

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

so uh guess I'm glad I chose the moderna booster after having been double pfizered? Lol

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Dog Case posted:

Sounds like vaccine protection is mild

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Cloaked posted:

the age and booster category breakdowns seem very important for this, hope that is laid out clearly in the paper.

Twitter rumor is it’s only 12 people so, as with anything with this virus, the study will be “what you can see happening in the population level data on Worldometer.com”

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Lets have an Apocalypse Movie watchathon

December 8th: Outbreak
December 9th: I am Legend
December 10th: 28 Days later
December 11th: The hotzone
December 12th: The Stand
December 13th: 12 Monkeys
December 14th: Idiocracy
12/15: Contagion
12/16: Before the Fire
12/17: 28 Weeks later

and then we're dead.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Want that goon with seven mRNA shots to be studied.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

lol so given the numbers earlier, 20-40 fold reduction it's going to break down as:

double vaccinated: 20 fold reduction (total trash)

single shot vaccinated: 40 fold reduction (total loving trash)

edit: oh lol the tweet said vaccinated and natural immune, so it's even worse if vax+natural is 20 fold reduction and vax alone is 40 fold reduced

mod sassinator fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Dec 7, 2021

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Clocks posted:

a degree of protection

+1 to saving throw vs covid

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

mod sassinator posted:

lol so given the numbers earlier, 20-40 fold reduction it's going to break down as:

double vaccinated: 20 fold reduction (total trash)

single shot vaccinated: 40 fold reduction (total loving trash)

so with this logic you'd need 6 shots to maintain efficacy

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Stevie Lee posted:

omicron origami

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Gonna stick a tube of ACE2 up my nose to distract the covid.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
So HF800/3M Secure Click crew, I have a question. I notice sometimes when I do the positive pressure check that I hear what sounds like air escaping, but I can't find any leaks. Notably, when I push the button for the negative check while doing this, the sound gets quieter or goes away. Which would suggest the outflow is somehow going out what should be the inflow? But I checked and there seems to be no air coming out the slots (did a test withotu the filters in) and I always pass the negative checks AND my faceshield doesn't fog up which also suggests no leak, so what's up and should I be concerned?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

External Organs posted:

Want that goon with seven mRNA shots to be studied.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Rutibex posted:

+1 to saving throw vs covid

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

External Organs posted:

Gonna stick a tube of ACE2 up my nose to distract the covid.

that's apparently one of the hopeful pharmaceuticals in the pipeline, synthetic ACE2 cells that the virus will attach to instead of your body

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

So HF800/3M Secure Click crew, I have a question. I notice sometimes when I do the positive pressure check that I hear what sounds like air escaping, but I can't find any leaks. Notably, when I push the button for the negative check while doing this, the sound gets quieter or goes away. Which would suggest the outflow is somehow going out what should be the inflow? But I checked and there seems to be no air coming out the slots (did a test withotu the filters in) and I always pass the negative checks AND my faceshield doesn't fog up which also suggests no leak, so what's up and should I be concerned?

Mine does not make this noise. Try reseating your filters, and then inspect your silicone valves

Sounds defective

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

mod sassinator posted:

that's apparently one of the hopeful pharmaceuticals in the pipeline, synthetic ACE2 cells that the virus will attach to instead of your body

in the end aren't we all really just looking for something to couple with? what a sweet virus

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Pillowpants posted:

Lets have an Apocalypse Movie watchathon

December 8th: Outbreak
December 9th: I am Legend
December 10th: 28 Days later
December 11th: The hotzone
December 12th: The Stand
December 13th: 12 Monkeys
December 14th: Idiocracy
12/15: Contagion
12/16: Before the Fire
12/17: 28 Weeks later

and then we're dead.

28 Weeks Later is a better sequel than people think it is because it's really about people being loving stupid about a zombie virus.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Louisgod posted:

in the end aren't we all really just looking for something to couple with? what a sweet virus

Future humanity only exists to carry covid to the stars. Truly uplifting.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Lmao anyone that thinks omicron will shift anything. It will be business as usual.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Crazyweasel posted:

Mr. Topol will tell you boosting jacks up ur antibodies for variants so definitely still get boosted

Also, to inject the hopium right into my veins, Johnny came out with some new data for the mild brain disease crew

At the very least, the anecdotes are interesting

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1468310562849308675?s=20

i'm not sure you can reliably read the average hospital stay duration by picking a spot and reading the distance between the curves

what you CAN reliably read, however, is the area under Admissions and the area under Discharges, and if you subtract the second from the first, you get the number of people who were admitted but never discharged, presumably on account of having mildly died

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

so this is it then we're all gonna get covid. guess it was always how this would go. hope it's mild!!!

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Hadlock posted:

Mine does not make this noise. Try reseating your filters, and then inspect your silicone valves

Sounds defective

How do I inspect the valves? Thanks

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Isnt a 40x drop in titers tantamount to only like a 20% drop in effectiveness? There was that tweet a couple weeks back modeling titers vs vaccine effectiveness and the titers axis was by powers of 10

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Dec 7, 2021

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

genericnick posted:

Moderna is now ChadOx. Lmao.

Correction: Boosted Moderna is now two doses of ChadOx. (The Virgin Chad)

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

pillsburysoldier posted:

Isnt a 40x drop in titers tantamount to only like a 20% drop in effectiveness? There was that tweet a couple weeks back modeling titers vs vaccine effectiveness and the titers axis was by power of 10

Not sure but guaranteed that headline forces pfizer to say something if "not as bad as they claim". If they are silent, watch out

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

seems bad.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

cr0y posted:

1% effective.

give the goon their prize

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned