Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CODY VS ANDRADE 67 57.76%
STAT VS RUBY 22 18.97%
STING AND DARBY VS THE GUNNS 2 1.72%
PUNK VS LEE 8 6.90%
DANIELSON VS 5 9 7.76%
WARDLOW 8 6.90%
Total: 116 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

This feels a little like WWE brain. AEW doesn't make the world champ the focal point of every show and promotional material and really never have. There were some shows that Mox or Omega weren't even on. But it doesn't feel the same as say when Punk was champ and he was treated closer to an IC title holder. AEW treats pretty much everything as a big deal and it allows them to rotate stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I wasn’t watching wrestling when Chikara was a thing so the only things I know about it are

1. Owner was a sex pest guy I think?
2. It makes everyone here think a trios title is a good idea for some reason

1. Quack wasn't so much a sex pest as he employed sex pests as trainers and mostly turned a blind eye. But he was also very cheap, controlling and in ways abusive to his workers, so by the time Speaking Out happened, people were just done with his poo poo. His handling of this backlash only made him look worse and like more of an absolute dork.

2. Chikara didn't so much have a trios title as they just had an annual event where they did a 16-team tournament over three days. It was a great format with an 8-man cruiserweight and 10-team tag gauntlet thrown in to round things out.

So the argument some have is whether it would be cool for AEW to have a trios title that can be defended whenever (Lucha Underground did this, but they did it instead of having a regular tag title) or if they should just focus on a fun annual tournament.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSK7HO0trzw

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

God, Alan and Sammy are such pure sweet idiots.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lamuella posted:

God, Alan and Sammy are such pure sweet idiots.

Lost In Parking Lot

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The guy who will be world champ by the time they run there is at the front

So, Sting.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I pray

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Gavok posted:

1. Quack wasn't so much a sex pest as he employed sex pests as trainers and mostly turned a blind eye. But he was also very cheap, controlling and in ways abusive to his workers, so by the time Speaking Out happened, people were just done with his poo poo. His handling of this backlash only made him look worse and like more of an absolute dork.

2. Chikara didn't so much have a trios title as they just had an annual event where they did a 16-team tournament over three days. It was a great format with an 8-man cruiserweight and 10-team tag gauntlet thrown in to round things out.

So the argument some have is whether it would be cool for AEW to have a trios title that can be defended whenever (Lucha Underground did this, but they did it instead of having a regular tag title) or if they should just focus on a fun annual tournament.

Thanks for the extra information!

I wouldn't mind a trios tournament, honestly. Make it so the winners get a TNT title shot and a Tag title shot and just go ham on trios drama.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Elephant Ambush posted:

My point is that your world champion should be front and center in promo pics like that

They mix it up, Hangman's been central in them too

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/shidahikaru/status/1468267737524887557?s=19

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Kennel posted:

Unlike Dynamite the Elevation audience seemed to be quite lively and loud, so maybe it was mainly a mixing issue during the live show(?)

Thats how it was in the arena, the Elevation matches were very well received (I got in during the Wingmen match). You could hear the air circulation going during most of the Punk match it was so quiet. Crowd was there for the flashy stuff and extremely not there for the technical stuff.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

beggar posted:

Thats how it was in the arena, the Elevation matches were very well received (I got in during the Wingmen match). You could hear the air circulation going during most of the Punk match it was so quiet. Crowd was there for the flashy stuff and extremely not there for the technical stuff.

ZSJ proven right once again.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Shida is the loud neighbor in your apartment complex

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Vertical Lime posted:

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1468264045924945921

it's the same venue as wrestlemanias iv and v

Man they're really going all in on #jadebrand huh

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Shida is the loud neighbor in your apartment complex

omg I just moved to an apartment complex and that is very close to the sounds I hear at 1 in the morning lol

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Defenestrategy posted:

Man they're really going all in on #jadebrand huh

She was in Full Gear poster even though she didn't have a match. :v:

The only poster girls seem to be Britt, Jade, Thunder Rosa and Ruby.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kennel posted:

She was in Full Gear poster even though she didn't have a match. :v:

The only poster girls seem to be Britt, Jade, Thunder Rosa and Ruby.

Nyla deserves to be in that group too :colbert:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Shard posted:

This feels a little like WWE brain. AEW doesn't make the world champ the focal point of every show and promotional material and really never have. There were some shows that Mox or Omega weren't even on. But it doesn't feel the same as say when Punk was champ and he was treated closer to an IC title holder. AEW treats pretty much everything as a big deal and it allows them to rotate stuff.

Yeah, even Britt isn't on the poster. Seems like a non-issue.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
They rotate the featured people quite a lot.
https://www.allelitewrestling.com/aew-events

Danielson and Punk are still the biggest stars.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Is being quiet necessarily bad? I've been at concerts where the band will constantly tell people to clap their hands, which is annoying if you just want to sit and enjoy the music.
And I figure that sometimes as a wrestling fan you just want to sit and enjoy a good technical match, without making noises or putting on a show for the camera.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
https://twitter.com/JackEvans711/status/1468052087854575620?t=ML_7zFUnf6vS9IR5-gikwg&s=19

Just dawned on me we are getting to that point where a good handful of people will be gone. :sigh:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Alan Angels reps FFAK :hellyeah:

Really fun vlog episode :3:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Waffleopolis posted:

https://twitter.com/JackEvans711/status/1468052087854575620?t=ML_7zFUnf6vS9IR5-gikwg&s=19

Just dawned on me we are getting to that point where a good handful of people will be gone. :sigh:

Nooooo you can go if you want Jack but don't you dare bring my beautiful dancing boy Angelico with you :(

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Angelico is somehow used even less than Jack Evans, at least Jack shows up sometimes to do stuff with Matt Hardy

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Angelico gets used some. He was at the last Dark tapings for example. I haven't weighed up which of the two is on more though.

sticklefifer posted:

Nooooo you can go if you want Jack but don't you dare bring my beautiful dancing boy Angelico with you :(

I don't think it's a question of what Jack wants.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Never will I understand why tony doesn’t use the hybrid two, kiss and janela more, I wanted to see Sonny kiss ripping jt up on dynamite by now

And Jack evans has always always been good, he deserves so much better than this

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

oh they better not dare let Sonny go

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

rotinaj posted:

Never will I understand why tony doesn’t use the hybrid two, kiss and janela more, I wanted to see Sonny kiss ripping jt up on dynamite by now

And Jack evans has always always been good, he deserves so much better than this

Jack Evans is nowhere near what he used to be.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

My Lovely Horse posted:

oh they better not dare let Sonny go

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Pylons posted:

Jack Evans is nowhere near what he used to be.

Angelico, however, is still fantastic.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

CarlCX posted:

Angelico, however, is still fantastic.

Yeah, Angelico could definitely get used more.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I'd be much more excited seeing HB2 and Sonny Kiss, etc. on AEW programs than any of the guys released lately, if for no other reason than I like watching those dudes get better and I have zero attachment to Gargano, Owns, etc. I know I am the minority, though. I just want to see the guys they have now much more, instead of new signings.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
When the first long-term contracts are up we will see the true face of AEW.

Are they good? Or are they evil?

It all hinges on the employment of Sonny Kiss.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Jack evans got backstage heat for busting open 10 on Dark some months ago. dunno how you get heat for landing wrong on a 450 twisting splash or whatever but he did.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i think less people are gonna go than people are speculating, honestly. aew does keep building its roster, but i think they're still at a point where it fits with their rotating people in and out

what i'm mainly thinking is that we're probably overdue for aew doing a bit of a stable shakeup; a lot of the teams that are in stables have been in those stables for a very long time and it feels stagnant. the HFO is probably the biggest offender in that respect and I was hoping lio was going to come in + poach private party to give them all something different to do, but team taz certainly also needed something new to do. people have wanted santana and ortiz to do something new for ages as well.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

enigmahfc posted:

I'd be much more excited seeing HB2 and Sonny Kiss, etc. on AEW programs than any of the guys released lately, if for no other reason than I like watching those dudes get better and I have zero attachment to Gargano, Owns, etc. I know I am the minority, though. I just want to see the guys they have now much more, instead of new signings.

Yeah, same. I'd much rather see Sonny on AEW programming than loving Gargano, of all people.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Over/Under game: Will Dynamite viewership be [OVER]/[UNDER] 909k overall viewers Wednesday? Eligible for first 15 players to quote this. Losers get the below as their 6 hour probation. If it's a push everyone gets hit. Game expires Thursday at 11:00am Eastern.

https://i.imgur.com/wUm2vAK.mp4

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Over/Under game: Will Dynamite viewership be [OVER]/[UNDER] 909k overall viewers Wednesday? Eligible for first 15 players to quote this. Losers get the below as their 6 hour probation. If it's a push everyone gets hit. Game expires Thursday at 11:00am Eastern.

Under

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I really hope Tony keeps guys like Janela and Kiss under contract. Even if they don’t get much tv time I think it shows a tremendous amount of gratitude to keep them around and builds a lot of goodwill by having AEW contracted talent who regularly appear on indie shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimtech
Nov 25, 2005
Hail to the king baby...

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Over

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)