Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Ice Phisherman posted:

If Zuck or Bezos or any of those other rich fucks got roni'd it would be a red letter day.

Month.

Year.

Whatever. Red. Blood.

they either have to ALL get it enough to trigger a response or enough of them have to get it and die before they’ll blink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Horizon Burning posted:

no protectors here. no pfizer, no regeneron. this world will fall, like all the others. for coronaseid.

there's another treatment that rich people can get for omicron. don't worry, nothing will change except more dead people

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast
https://twitter.com/nicd_sa/status/1468510775065124866

Ah ha ha ha uhh .. 16% positivity gain, on average, in one week!!

https://twitter.com/nicd_sa/status/1468511089524682755

4% to 35% in 3 weeks in Guateng.
:piss:
lol, fuckin, lmao

itstime4lunch
Nov 3, 2005

clockin' around
the clock
So is the data on the mild type in yet? Scratchy throat for a few days? Nothing to worry about?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Serf posted:

there's another treatment that rich people can get for omicron. don't worry, nothing will change except more dead people

Yeah Regeneron is the voter base treatment.

Donors have more options.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

bowser posted:

https://twitter.com/itosettiMD_MBA/status/1468506913721753604?s=20

Rich and powerful people losing their best Get Out of Jail Free card might be the one thing that pushes governments to reinstitute any COVID measures other than tweeting "get vaxxed" over and over.

yeah, this is it

desantis's backyard is a pile of corpses of rich white dentists that flew to the capitol 1/6

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

itstime4lunch posted:

So is the data on the mild type in yet? Scratchy throat for a few days? Nothing to worry about?

https://twitter.com/fitterhappierAJ/status/1466459827648016387

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Testvan posted:

USA is about 14% boosted? lol lmao

86% of America is about to have a real bad time.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
mild symptoms may include death

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

etalian posted:

I'm obsessed with the mess that's America

whats going on here

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Lawlicaust posted:

86% of America is about to have a real bad time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVueEr6GnHI

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

HiroProtagonist posted:

whats going on here

america

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

HiroProtagonist posted:

whats going on here

“Pop up” Regeneron clinic at a public library in Florida in late summer.

Desperate sick people were walking in or being carried in and collapsing on the floor.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Desperate sick people were walking in or being carried in and collapsing on the floor.

jesus gently caress

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

HiroProtagonist posted:

jesus gently caress

Don’t worry.

They put up a sign.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

HiroProtagonist posted:

whats going on here

Freedom and Personal Choice in Healthcare

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Platystemon posted:

Don’t worry.

They put up a sign.

:psyduck:
jesus christ

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
remember when trump was gonna make all the treatments he got for covid free for all people

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003

Testvan posted:

last week

this week's update was just released:

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

AEMINAL posted:

Some people stared but I'd just stare back at them until they looked away lmao

this is the objectively best way to handle this. maybe a shake of the head too and a sad look. or a chuckle

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/SquawkCNBC/status/1468567777728507908?t=eHlYvRg3VWs8DuWFSOeVlQ&s=19

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Has anyone considered rules lawyering effectiveness vs omicron??!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

moist turtleneck posted:

remember when trump was gonna make all the treatments he got for covid free for all people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMIxMUYWH8Y

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

External Organs posted:

Has anyone considered rules lawyering effectiveness vs omicron??!

Omicron was crit for 0 damage

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Idk here is a take….whatever, who cares, we all know the answer is to get boosted and hide until May or something

https://twitter.com/DiseaseEcology/status/1468520484933275650?s=20

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Johnny Cache Hit posted:

this is the objectively best way to handle this. maybe a shake of the head too and a sad look. or a chuckle

disheveled hit & crazy eyes of gtfo!

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
so glad my wife and i got boosted last week.

loving timed it perfectly for max titers. someone give me a trophy or something.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Testvan posted:

:lmao:

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

meet girls at the store posted:

Had my first therapy appointment for CoViD AnXiEtY today, and the therapist made me remove my mask for the session so he could see my facial expressions :rubby:

eta: it’s fine guys, he’s taking Covid seriously because he also made me Purel my hands upon arrival

:mad: I haven't seen my therapist in person in almost two years. This guy sucks.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Testvan posted:

We're doing great here at the CDC. We've got this all under control.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I really felt like poo poo for a few days after getting boosted a few weeks ago so I'm glad it appears it wasn't for nothing

I've just been buying N95s from home improvement stores but we'll see if the stock lasts now that everyone is going to become aware of Omicron and the fact that It Is Bad

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003

Testvan posted:

for comparison this was from July 28 when delta was starting to take off:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
What’s the most reliable COVID counter? I remember people complaining that Worldometers uses date of death instead of date reported, which skews the data favorably for Florida

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Frankly, I was okay with Delta because, yeah, we used the vax card, even if we played it badly, but still. COVID was right to retaliate.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/831805955402776576?s=20

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Platystemon posted:

The Desantis regime also pushed Regeneron clinics as a solution for the FL case surge while pitching the classic Chud points about avoiding vaccines / it's about your freedom.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Thanks for the advice everyone. And honestly, yeah, I seem to get a good seal even with stubble, it's mostly just me wanting to cut out the (literal) pain of having to do it every so often and also my paranoia. Like yeah, I don't care about stubble or leaving a mustache, I mean it's been literally months since anyone besides myself, my dentist, or a doctor have even seen my face without a mask so lol. Ceterum autem censeo Chise esse delendam.

Google Butt posted:

one click a braun series 7 and be done with it trust me

yeah, electric is the way to go to avoid irritation imo.

I've been using a Phillips oneblade to shave my whole head and face 2-3 times a week for the last few years. if you buy the "pro" version ($50-80 depending on sales), it comes with an adjustable guard to get down to 0.4mm. if you want even closer you can use it with no guard (which i do to remove my patchy moustache daily so i don't have to look at it in the mirror/feel it) and just get the cheap version for like $35. blade replacements seem pricey ($20ish for two), but they last for a bit. have not had any irritated skin the entire time I've been using this system, which was always an issue for my neck before

the Braun is probably a better long-term investment but idk

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
MO Update:

My union rep says there's no way the district I'm in doesn't fight the dumbass mask mandate recension order, so maybe I don't have to quit immediately. That's nice.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Nocturtle posted:

Interesting how Omicron imploded the vaccines-only pandemic strategy in 2 short weeks. That approach is completely dead for the time being and every semi-informed person and policy-maker knows it. There's no possibility of producing variant-targeting vaccines fast enough to prevent mass death, and even if produced relatively soon there's no reason to think a new immune escape variant won't promptly evolve again.

There's no plan B across the entire western world and it's scarily obvious. It was "pandemic of the unvaccinated" rhetoric for months, but now that's off the table and there's nothing else. Govts are instead gearing up to argue the vaccines aren't technically worthless and winter mass death is in fact normal. Maybe it works and crucially the rate of return is safe for another six months, but to me seems to seriously risk the public losing faith in their govts Weimar-style.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

the black death lasted about 8 years

give it time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Stevie Lee posted:

yeah, electric is the way to go to avoid irritation imo.

I've been using a Phillips oneblade to shave my whole head and face 2-3 times a week for the last few years. if you buy the "pro" version ($50-80 depending on sales), it comes with an adjustable guard to get down to 0.4mm. if you want even closer you can use it with no guard (which i do to remove my patchy moustache daily so i don't have to look at it in the mirror/feel it) and just get the cheap version for like $35. blade replacements seem pricey ($20ish for two), but they last for a bit. have not had any irritated skin the entire time I've been using this system, which was always an issue for my neck before

the Braun is probably a better long-term investment but idk

I've tried lots of options over the years and Oneblade seemed to be the best.

Not the closest shave but I've found not being the closest shave helps to prevent annoying problems like razor bumps/ingrown hairs.