Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Even with Taz's jacked up neck I do not think Corey confronting Taz would end well for Corey

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

Dacap posted:

What's the drama going on with Effy on Twitter? Something about asking fans to pay a speeding ticket?

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1468558079994175493

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Being an entertainer pretty much is "Give me cash because you like me" with a few extra steps

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Hehee

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

lol they weren't even talking about corey originally, they were referring to indy commentary. dude had to jump in to try to stomp out some woke poo poo and looks like a moron, as is custom

gently caress graves. vaudevillain after a month long bender lookin rear end

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
drat, six figures? I didn't realise the indies can earn you that amount of money these days.

NULL_SIGNAL
Feb 19, 2013

The Effy drama is almost exclusively marks being upset that someone reminded them of their part in the transaction.

Like yes, Effy makes six figures; have you considered where that money might be coming from?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
People know they don’t have to give effy any money right? Who cares if he’s trying to get a speeding ticket paid.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I just found out I used to hang out with Effy and book shows for his old punk band way back lol, had no idea that teenager was him, he was a good kid then and seems to be one now, good on him for getting the bag.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Imagine getting mad at a wrestler for asking for money.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I respect it. His money comes from fans anyway.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
A speeding ticket that big is either a pissed off cop or Effy did some real dumb poo poo.

Kinda gauche asking people to pay that for him, but whatever. It's wrestling, not primary school.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

give me $175 to pay off my speeding ticket instead.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I think wrestling is a very gauche artform.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Long-Time Lurker posted:

drat, six figures? I didn't realise the indies can earn you that amount of money these days.

I don't think this is the average. Effy is an excellent marketer and has made a huge name for themselves. With merch, Twitch, Cameo, whatever else someone may do – if you market yourself well and put in the wild amount of work Effy does, then yeah you can probably make a pretty penny.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

Weird that all these folks are calling out the openly gay wrestler but were cool with Ospreay asking his fans to buy his Mom a new car.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
people are massive rubes. imagine paying off some well-off guys speeding ticket lmao

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

is effery gay? That's cool if so.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

pay the gays

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Queer Salutations posted:

Weird that all these folks are calling out the openly gay wrestler but were cool with Ospreay asking his fans to buy his Mom a new car.

In my experience few people online are cool with anything Ospreay does

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

coconono posted:

pay the gays

:yeah: (but lol paying his speeeding ticket. good on him for asking but)

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I love Will Ospreay, hope he finally debuts in AEW soon. Before you say it Ospreay is not short!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
https://twitter.com/RealBrittBaker/status/1468645316538867715?t=a9iyzgMRzZ2Uw7AduWTLBQ&s=19

Brit is sick of Rebel's poo poo. (the graphic is cropped weirdly, presumably it was meant for Instagram)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I sent Effy $4.20

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
lol Jericho rules

https://twitter.com/JoeStephenson96/status/1468670988044881926

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I want to know how many speeding tickets you have to get in quick succession to rake up a $1k+ ticket

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tampa Bae posted:

I want to know how many speeding tickets you have to get in quick succession to rake up a $1k+ ticket

my last one was around $300 so I can see how it'd add up pretty quickly.

Also if you speed in a construction area those get very pricey very quickly. Wildly enough it takes a few road worker deaths before the cops stop staking out the abandoned sites and actually hang around the populated ones.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Tampa Bae posted:

victim blaming? yikes

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't pay the police

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

JUNGLE BOY posted:

victim blaming? yikes
I didnt blame anyone but ok

coconono posted:

my last one was around $300 so I can see how it'd add up pretty quickly.

Also if you speed in a construction area those get very pricey very quickly. Wildly enough it takes a few road worker deaths before the cops stop staking out the abandoned sites and actually hang around the populated ones.
Yeah thats how I got my only speeding ticket. Construction side that had been abandoned for three years and the speed limit went from 70 to 55 even tho there was nothing on the road. Lights werent flashing so I didn't get in trouble for that but the speed limit still drops a couple miles for no reason

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

won't anyone think of all the hypothetical people existing in all the universes where Effy has killed them with his car? Or the universe where Effy is a mass murderer, or even worse the one where he's straight!?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
baffled that people are twitter posting nonstop about Effy getting money while happily paying to be part of the Chugs Army or any one of the 1000 indie gal OnlyFans

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Its the TNA effect. There's been a whole culture built around getting wrestling for free, regardless of the economic consequences.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Only read the last few posts, don’t think this is one I need to care about. Happy Wednesday everybody!

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I wish Mox wasn't being bugged at the store

https://twitter.com/Machobeard4life/status/1468634125011763223

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
wrestling is the only job where you can have too much brain damage to do physical labor so you become a professional communicator instead

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's not some heinous crime or anything but asking people to directly pay for a ticket seems kinda crass. Just do some extra promo for your Cameo/merch/etc, you still get cash and no one thinks you're a douchebag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
let the man have some privacy drat