Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Power Windows posted:

I cannot help but wonder how much of the STARDOM budget goes toward masks, especially since SLK began handing them out to her opponents.

I see a lot of those masks on sale at Toudokan for crazy prices so they could be doing the BUSHI thing.

Rossy just loves Lucha so much though, so he'd probably eat the loss like he used to for his self-promoted Lucha shows with a bunch of 50-year-olds he did before COVID.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
We also have the Stardom Sumo Hall lineup

5 way match
Lady C vs Waka Tsukiyama vs Fukigen vs Saki Kashima vs Rina

Future of Stardom Championship
Hannan vs Ruaka

High Speed Championship
AZM vs Koguma vs Starlight Kid

6 Woman tag
Maika, Himeka, Natsupoi vs Mina Shirakawa, Unagi Sayaka, Mai Sakurai

Giulia's return match and Konami's last match (for now)
Giulia vs Konami

Special Tag Match
Mayu Iwatani & Takumi Iroha vs Momo Watanabe & Hazuki

Wonder of Stardom Championship
Saya Kamitani vs Tam Nakano

World of Stardom & SWA Championship
Syuri vs Utami Hayashishita

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/konwatjpwoshi/status/1470360736866369536?t=lJC5GWTtuWa79aWspxrUdw&s=19

SAKI is launching a new promotion Color's, which presumably will be a landing point for any AWG wrestlers who wish to continue wrestling instead of acting.

Miyuki Takase thankfully said she will continue wrestling.

Act Yasukawa wrestled what might be her last professional wrestling match (as opposed to action scene in a drama)

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I see a lot of those masks on sale at Toudokan for crazy prices so they could be doing the BUSHI thing.

Rossy just loves Lucha so much though, so he'd probably eat the loss like he used to for his self-promoted Lucha shows with a bunch of 50-year-olds he did before COVID.

I don’t know where SLK sells her stuff, but the QQ girls use the same store that Ultimo does and I saw a Momo entrance mask on their website for close to a grand. I don’t think anyone is getting all that back from the store, but nice little hustle to get a mask made and then after a match to make back probably double what it cost.

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
Utami vs. Syuri at Stardom Dream Queendom , it's now a double title match for the World and SWA championships!
[img src="https://i.redd.it/zq1oe7qh63581.jpg"]

═══════════════
Things got more interesting, and big match got even bigger. This match can't be draw, and Utami already has red belt for over 13 months, but if Syuri wins she will hold 3 titles simultaneously, and thats a lot even for Stardom standarts ( keeping in mind, how many belts Stardom has)

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Doesn't really add anything to me. SWA title is purposeless without being able to bring in westerners. Should repurpose it as the UWF title or just shelve it altogether.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Stall_19 posted:

repurpose it as the UWF title

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/shupromobile/status/1470591629052588034

The gently caress? On the cover of Shupro one of the headline's is that Nanae Takahashi is leaving Sead?

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Looks that way. She doesn't appeared to have made a statement elsewhere so I guess we're going to have to wait for the article to come out tomorrow.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I've been sent a blurry image of the bottom half of the article and it's titled "12.29 Announcement of Leaving SEAdLINNNG. Where is the treasure of joshi pro wrestling going?" which does not sound like a retirement.

Maybe now she's fully reconciled with Rossy he wants a veteran presence with a proven track record of training in Stardom.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

What's the structure like in Sead if nanae leaves?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The whole thing felt like a two woman show between her and Taiyo so idk. Their website has three corporate positions listed. Nanae is the Representative Director, Natsuki Taiyo is the Senior Managing Director and AiriDX is the Promotion Manager and TikTok Producer.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/tospo_battle/status/1470653265247629313?t=ZRhdwK4SzhfFtXXQVufKdQ

She's leaving because she's been suffering from depression. Plans to remain freelance.

E: Nanae tweeted out that she'll speak more about it on the show on the 16th. Natsuki Taiyo is taking over

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Dec 14, 2021

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

That's really sad, to say the least. I wish her the best.

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
Giulia vs Tam and Utami vs Syuri were nominated for the best match award by Tokyo Sports. It's the first time in 30 years that a women's match was nominated

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Considering that takes you back to 1991 that says more about the voter pool historically than it does about anything else; since there were clearly things in the 90s that should have gotten nominations. Then again these are the hyper political awards that have stopped even reluctantly trying to give things to the second biggest promotion in Japan so who knows

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/gkpw2019/status/1471708128718688258?t=a49d1W57teGOREoX4W7LSw&s=19

@ Johnny Landmine

I think you said you're in Tokyo for TJPW anyway so you might as well do both

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
For reference this is what the last Gake no Fuchi Joshi Pro Wrestling 1.4 show was like
https://headmeetchair.com/2020/01/no-joke-gake-no-fuchi-joshi-1-4-report/#more-465

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

that was a crazy read.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Are they running against WK again? That seemed not wise.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I don't think there is all that much crossover in the fanbase

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

that was a crazy read.

Found the match at https://www.wrestle-universe.com/en/videos/n64RQvzVza8urK9rBc5ePi it has ENGLISH commentary (another reason to miss Mr Haku :( ) I guess I was watching NJPW when this was on

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Dec 17, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Stall_19 posted:

Are they running against WK again? That seemed not wise.

NOAH sold out Korakuen opposite WK in 2021

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

NOAH sold out Korakuen opposite WK in 2021

Gakepro themselves sold out opposite WK in 2020 (as did NOAH with no attendance caps)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Gakepro clearly angling to be in the co-promoted fourth night of Wrestlekingdom next year

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

https://twitter.com/gkpw2019/status/1471708128718688258?t=a49d1W57teGOREoX4W7LSw&s=19

@ Johnny Landmine

I think you said you're in Tokyo for TJPW anyway so you might as well do both

Already changed my hotel arrangements for this yeah

e: Gake no Fuchi 1/4/2020 was incredible and if you were in Tokyo and spent that evening anywhere else, you hosed up

Johnny Landmine fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Dec 17, 2021

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gake also did the Miyacoco birthday produce show which is still one of my favorites. They did karaoke and then bled everywhere and did some more karaoke.

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
Osaka Super Woman Great War is this saturday, here's card:

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1471707481969926144?s=20

═══════════════
Loser leaves unit match is really intresting, what ever happens that will change company's landscape. Maybe they will go that rotate where someone betrays their faction (like in TCS vs OT last year). Since as far as I can see that's not elimination maych, which means that neither Momo or SLK had to take a pin.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Doesn’t the captains fall stipulation mean that either Momo or SLK has to be beaten?

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Yeah pretty much. It's a normal elimination match if any of the other members get pinned but if SLK or Momo get beaten then their team loses the match and they have to switch factions.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

FatBagzJones posted:

Osaka Super Woman Great War is this saturday, here's card:

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1471707481969926144?s=20

═══════════════
Loser leaves unit match is really intresting, what ever happens that will change company's landscape. Maybe they will go that rotate where someone betrays their faction (like in TCS vs OT last year). Since as far as I can see that's not elimination maych, which means that neither Momo or SLK had to take a pin.

So, to quote the Stardom website through Google Translate: "The match ends when Momo Watanabe, the captain, or Kid loses. The defeated captain Momo or Kid forcibly leaves the unit and moves to one unit. If another player loses in the elimination format, he / she loses the right to play and is sent off."

So yeah, it's an elimination match, except that if SLK or Momo are pinned the match is over no matter how many of the team is left.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I was listening to the Jumping Bomb Audio podcast when out for a walk today & it was the year end awards episode. Anyway, it's inspired me to put together my Top 10 joshi matches of the year so here you go

1. Rina Yamashita vs Suzu Suzuki - Ice Ribbon 15th Anniversary 9/8
  2. Syuri vs Takumi Iroha - Stardom 5 Star Grand Prix Night 17 25/9
  3. Arisa Nakajima vs Nanae Takahashi - SEAdLINNNG Nanae Takahashi 25th Anniversary 11/7
  4. Tsukasa Fujimoto vs Rina Yamashita - Ice Ribbon #1100 RE:BORN 20/2
  5. Citrus Wind (Arisa Nakajima & Nanae Takahashi) vs Las Fresa de Egoistas (ASUKA & Makoto) - SEAdLINNNG Shin-Kiba Night 26/5
  6. Suzu Suzuki vs Tsukasa Fujimoto - Ice Ribbon #1095 Winter Story 23/1
  7. Syuri vs Utami Hayashishita - Stardom 5 Star Grand Prix Night 9 4/9
  8. Tsukasa Fujimoto vs Tsukushi Haruka - Ice Ribbon #1157 13/11
  9. Giulia vs Tam Nakano - Stardom 10th Anniversary All-Star Dream Cinderella 3/3
  10. Masashi Takeda vs Suzu Suzuki - Ice Ribbon #1112 Spring Is Short, So You Maidens Should Fight! 24/4

That was hard. Can't believe I didn't find a place for Yamashita vs Itoh. It actually was #10 & then I remember the loving uncomfortably brutal Takeda Suzu match & yeah. Also surprised that Syuri vs Momo didn't make it.

I think my takeaway is that 5 Star GP was a tour with a lot of amazing wrestling, even if as I watched it it felt like it dragged on for a couple of eternities just because there were so many shows. Also SEAdLINNNG's back half of the year was less essential than their first half which was a shame but understandable between Aniki being gone & Nanae's personal problems & Yoshiko being out recovering. Also, Best Friends vs Oni Ni Kanabo from January's SEAd show ruled & i wish it could've been in my top 10. A fitting retirement match from Sareee.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Dec 17, 2021

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I'm booing your well researched list, as it doesn't feature Arisa Nakajima and Nanae Takahashi vs Momo Watanabe and Saya Iida from SEAdLINNNG's February 10th show. I've not gone back and watched it since, but in my MOTYC spreadsheet it's tied with Rina vs Hikari and Miyu vs Maki 2 as my highest rated Joshi matches this year

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

That's on the bubble as well, I had it on ****1/2, which would actually put it above Itoh/Yamashita & Oni Ni Kanabo vs Best Friends.

So it's probably #12 or something. Same as the GAEAism 6 Man tag which was loving baller, Sendai Girls vs Marvelous. Lotta good poo poo.

Also Mayu vs Yoshiko loving ruled too.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Dec 18, 2021

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Mayu is probably gonna be in a ladder match today. What a terrifying prospect.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Oh poo poo I didn't notice Mio Momono vs Big Hash from Sendai Girls' July 11th show, that's also in the top tier of Joshi this year

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I wonder if the Momo bird thing unmasks today. I've heard it's Mirai which would be a weird direction to take her in but she wanted to do something different I guess.

Ice Ribbon think Thekla is Stardom bound, and she's a pretty good fit for Oedo Tai so that main event could be where you debut her too

SG Bamboo posted:

Oh poo poo I didn't notice Mio Momono vs Big Hash from Sendai Girls' July 11th show, that's also in the top tier of Joshi this year

That's still my straight up MOTY. Can't believe I got to see that, Ryo/Asuka and Nanae/Arisa all on the same day. A very good 7/11

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I wonder if the Momo bird thing unmasks today. I've heard it's Mirai which would be a weird direction to take her in but she wanted to do something different I guess.

Would be weird to do that and not be a part of the Sumo Hall card. I'm thinking they might be holding off until the Korakuen shows at the beginning of the year. Similar to how WWE and NJPW would wait until after their big shows of the year to shake things up.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
the stardom thingy is on, i am watching it while waitin for ddt i guess, have not seen a stardom show since i saw them live in 2019 in nyc but might as well give it a whirl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Cool, the one match on this Stardom card I was really looking forward to had an awful ending