Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/motoimiki/status/1470499626008854528

No real big surprise except best bout which gets a big "What?????" from me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yuki arai W

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Stall_19 posted:

Jake Lee is very funny, I don't want to be too harsh because I've enjoyed Total Eclipse but man, I've got him on my MOTYC spreadsheet 5 times, Kento Miyahara 8 times.

Apparently (according to Eastern Lariat's twitter account), MVP was a straight fight between Shingo & Mutoh. YAMATO was runner up for Technique, Yoshiki Inamura runner up for Rookie, &

https://twitter.com/EasternLariat/status/1470503235395989504?s=20

Actually, Robert has a whole thread with the complete voting numbers if you care.

https://twitter.com/b3rt4/status/1470515497653448704?s=20

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Dec 13, 2021

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

The gently caress is the criteria for rookie? Inamura debuted in 2018!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Stall_19 posted:

Saya Kamitani debuted 2 days before Utami Hayashishita lol, also in 2018.

No idea.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

Saya Kamitani debuted 2 days before Utami Hayashishita lol, also in 2018.

No idea.

Saya debuted a year after Utami in 2019. Still would not consider her a rookie. I'm confused as hell by the votes that were not for Yuki Arai.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I'd have voted for Yasutaka Yano myself.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Stall_19 posted:

Debuted in the last 3 years.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Tokyo Sports loves to split awards between feds and also loves the older wrestlers from the 80's and 90's as shown by Okada/Tenryu from Tenryu's retirement winning MOTYC

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Debuted in the last 3 years.
Well that opens a whole new can of worms. How did Suzu Suzuki not win it last year? Nobody won it last year so I guess they didn't deem anyone worth which makes no sense.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I would have thought Miyu was in with a shot at women's MVP after CyberFest but she didn't even get a vote.

Good for Soup Boy though

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Stall_19 posted:

Well that opens a whole new can of worms. How did Suzu Suzuki not win it last year? Nobody won it last year so I guess they didn't deem anyone worth which makes no sense.

They said last year that they weren't awarding it because of COVID. Three years may seem weird with the ways companies like Ice or TJPW handle their rookies but with the way traditionalist companies handle new debuts it would be hard to award it in years gone by.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Stall_19 posted:

While it was a great match in which Muto and Go explored their physical limits, it wasn't even the best match on the card. That followed Kenoh vs Funaki which was a fuckin war.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Stall_19 posted:

Tokyo Sports was so afraid of SB KENTo they scrapped the whole award rather than give it to the guy with a 5 star match 6 months into his career.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Good news, DDT and Big Japan are doing another mixed team tournament at the end of the year. Last year's tournament gave us SMILE PISSARI who have been killing it in DDT all year, so hoping this years 6-man version is just as fun. Ran the names through Google translate, not familiar enough with the BJW guys to fix them up. The team of Brookes, Nomura and X (maybe Drew?) seems especially juicy

quote:

○ Tournament 1st round

Kazusada Higuchi & Ryuji Ito & Shiro Koshinaka <I'll do it !!> vs Chris Brookes & Takuya Nomura & X <3 cute brothers>

○ Tournament 1st round

Soma Takao & Yuya Aoki & Shuji Ishikawa <Ikemen> vs HARASHIMA & Daichi Hashimoto & Kengo Mashimo <LEFTOVERS>

○ Tournament 1st round

Konosuke Takeshita & Yuji Okabayashi & Kuishinbo Kamen <Drifters> vs Naomi Yoshimura & Kota Sekifuda & Brahman Kei with Brahman Shu <Dreams of Twins, Lizards and Naomi>

○ Tournament 1st round

MAO & Yasufumi Nakanoue & Shigehiro Irie <Akira Karasui> vs Akito & Daisuke Sekimoto & Jun Kasai <Team Nishiyuki>

○ Tournament Semifinals

I'll do it !! The winners of the cute 3 brothers vs the winners of the handsome men vs LEFTOVERS

○ Tournament Semifinals

De Drifters vs Twins, Lizards and Naomi's Dream Winners vs Karasui Akira vs Team Nishiyuki Winners

○ Tournament finals

○ 3WAY tag match

Abdullah Kobayashi & Kazuki Hirata vs "Black Angel" Numazawa Jaki & Antonio Honda vs Danshoku Dino & Kankuro Hoshino

○ MUSASHI (Michinoku Pro Wrestling) & Daisuke Kanehira (Pro Wrestling HEAT-UP) & Taigafumi (Pro Wrestling ZERO1) & Tatsuya Hanami (2AW) vs Takuho Kato & Takaaki Sato & Hideki Okaya & Yuki Ishida

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

coconono posted:

While it was a great match in which Muto and Go explored their physical limits, it wasn't even the best match on the card. That followed Kenoh vs Funaki which was a fuckin war.

Best bout is more like most significant. Okada/Tenryu won it for Tenryu's retirement match and that one Okada/SANADA match won for bringing hope to Japan after a typhoon.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I'm not an every show watcher but can at least enlighten you a little on the BJW guys

Ryuji Ito - Death Match legend.
Shiro Koshinaka - Really old dude who started for AJPW in the 70s & NJPW in the 80s, first ever IWGP Jr champ
Takuya Nomura - Duh, one of the best in the world.
Drew's last match in Japan was Sunday, he'll be going either to the US or back to the UK before this. It should be Fuminori Abe. Astronauts and Chris to win it all is the dream imo

Yuya Aoki - 25, recent Challenger for Nomura in a match I gave ****˝ to
Shuji Ishikawa - clearly past his prime but still capable of putting on a hard hitting match
Daichi Hashimoto - Son of Shinya Hashimoto, has turned into a real important part of the Strong Division, vastly improved
Kengo Mashimo - 2AW guy, doesn't really have the look but is a really good performer.

Yuji Okabayashi - obviously you know him
Kuishinbo Kamen - Comedy legend
Kota Sekifuda - Charismatic Jr Champion, another under 30 talent worth noting.
Brahman Kei - you know what you are getting with Brahman Bros

Yasufumi Nakanoue - Heavyweight Bruiser in the classic Strong division style
Shigehiro Irie - possibly the best freelancer in Japan?
Daisuke Sekimoto - Duh.
Jun Kasai - more duh

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Must admit Abe did not cross my mind, but I would be very happy to see him again. If Nakanoe is as good as you say then Akira Karasui vs Team Nishiyuki could be absolutely incredible, the talent between those two teams is immense.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Best bout is more like most significant. Okada/Tenryu won it for Tenryu's retirement match and that one Okada/SANADA match won for bringing hope to Japan after a typhoon.

Starting a late write in campaign for that New Japan match that got interrupted for half an hour after an earthquake started shaking the venue

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Starting a late write in campaign for that New Japan match that got interrupted for half an hour after an earthquake started shaking the venue

It'd be the only award Jay White is likely to win for a while...

forkboy84 posted:

Drew's last match in Japan was Sunday, he'll be going either to the US or back to the UK before this.

BJW actually announced yesterday he's staying now because of the Omicron situation in the UK

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Dec 14, 2021

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/LIDET_ENT/status/1470628391171010560?t=jVQncht9FogKuXt1VweBjw&s=19

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Finally caught up with G Prowrestling 12, gotta say, loved the promo from Hashimoto after the women's exhibition, she just shat on them all and especially on Miyagi for quitting Senjo. Certainly has me hype for Tokyo Dome City Hall at the end of the month

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

OK, this is a bit lovely.

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1470712365385715713

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

NOAH are fully lifting the attendance caps in February and adding ladies' seats and "excitement seats" which are cheaper and by the wrestler entrances.

DDT are partially lifting the attendance caps in March by selling social distance seats which allows people who would prefer to remain socially distanced to continue doing so (yellow on the map)

https://twitter.com/ddtpro/status/1470722676419624961?t=o-XgKOkQ6Zu7E5_shyUX0w&s=19

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

When can I hoot?

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Seems premature with the Omicron situation.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

BJW actually announced yesterday he's staying now because of the Omicron situation in the UK

Fair play, that's wise. Still want Abe, not seen nearly enough of him in 2021 :(

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/BJWOfficial/status/1471074053687500804?s=20

January 2nd, my boy Nomura vs Big Yuj. Hell yeah.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Very hyped for this Saturday's DDT Show. An Onita Explosion match, Misao vs Shunma in a hardcore match, Big Japan guys AND the former Jimmy Susumu from Dragon Gate. If only MJ Paul was swapped for pretty much anybody else

quote:

DDT “DRAMATIC EXPLOSION 2021”, 18/12/2021
Nagoya Congress Center Event Hall

1. Soma Takao & Kazusada Higuchi Vs Toui Kojima & Yuya Koroku
2. Daisuke Sasaki & MJ Paul Vs Masahiro Takanashi & Hideki Okatani
3. HARASHIMA, Naomi Yoshimura, Jun Akiyama & Yukio Naya Vs Yuji Hino, Bodyguard, Tetsuya Endo & Yusuke Okada
4. Special Single Match – DDT Vs Dera Beppin Pro Wrestling: Saki Akai Vs Papillon Akemi
5. Hardcore Match: Shunma Katsumata Vs Hyper Misao
6. Special 6-Man Tag Match: Susumu Yokosuka, Toru Owashi & Kazuki Hirata Vs Chris Brookes, Antonio Honda & Akito
7. KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Titles – Current Blast Death Match: Danshoku “Dandy” Dieno, Yuki “Sexy” Iino & Yumehito “Fantastic” Imanari (c) Vs Atsushi Onita, Sanshiro Takagi & Kuro-chan
8. Special 6-Man Tag Match ~ DDT Vs BJW: Konosuke Takeshita, Yuki Ueno & MAO Vs Yuji Okabayashi, Yuya Aoki & Kosuke Sato

e: unrelated but I was looking through Dramatic DDT and was surprised that their very first show all the way back in January 1997 ended with Ikuto Hidaka pinning NOSAWA Rongai, and now they're teaming together in NOAH

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Dec 15, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I have apparently found somewhere that uploads 2AW, glorious Russian social media site VK, so I'mma binge the hell out of some indy wrestling & be happy, starting with the 2nd Anniversary show. Weekly schedule will get posted sometime, probably tomorrow, but if New Japan put out the cards for Road to WK before I go to bed then I'll get them up tonight. Can't even remember if they normally post cards for this tour to be honest, but there's so few shows this coming week that it'd be weird posting it without them.

Kyu Mogami is the most exquisitely sleazy looking wrestler, even outshining tag partner Ricky Fuji.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Dec 15, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

It's honestly all going quiet next week. Sure, New Japan go back to trying to run Korakuen Hall into the ground with 4 shows in 4 days. Other than that the only shows outside the week of note is a TJPW show. I was so desperate for something that I threw in a BJW vs 2AW vs ZERO1 card that I don't even know will be recorded. Biggest show of the week is probably Stardom Osaka Super Wars which has the apuestas elimination tag & we could probably come out of it with new Artist of Stardom champs. Other than that, uhhh, Yamashita vs Arai should be fun. DDT have a great card too, even if MJ Paul is on it. And Ganbare Joshi are back. Everyone is saving themselves for the last week of the year & the first week of the new year where things ramp the hell up.

As a teaser for that last week of the year, you've Jun Kasai's Blood Xmas, AJPW Jr Tag Battle of Glory double shot, 2AW babee, DDT in Yoyogi featuring 3 title matches & MINORU loving SUZUKI TEAMING WITH MAKI ITOH, Sugiuragun Produce show, Final Gate, Stardom Dream Queendom with Hayashishita vs Syuri in a potential MOTYC & Giulia's return from injury, BJW's final Korakuen of the year with a Tag Title match & also Astronauts vs Okami on the undercard which will rule. GLEAT Ver.2, SEAdLINNNG welcoming back Ryo Mizunami vs Arisa Nakajima in another MOTYC, Ribbonmania, Minoru Suzuki & YAMATO both in HARD HIT & of course the BJW/DDT year ending trios tournament. I'm so hype that to reference 2007, my body is NOT ready.

18/12/2021, Saturday

10am JST/12pm AEDT/1am GMT/8pm EST/5pm PST

Gatoh Move ChocoPro 182
Ichigaya Chocolate Square, Tokyo
Chie Koishikawa vs Kappa Kozo
Baliyan Akki & Sayaka vs Kaori Yoneyama & Masahiro Takanashi
Live on Youtube

12:30pm JST/2:30pm AEDT/3:30am GMT/10:30pm EST/7:30pm PST

Tokyo Joshi Pro Dash! Glide! Nagoya Castle!
Nagoya Congress Centre Event Hall, Nagoya
Moka Miyamoto vs Suzume
Arisu Endo, Hikari Noa & Raku vs Haruna Neko, Mahiro Kiryu & Pom Harajuku
Marika Kobashi vs Yuki Kamifuku
Maki Itoh vs Nao Kakuta
Hyper Misao & Shoko Nakajima vs Miu Watanabe & Rika Tatsumi vs Mizuki & Yuka Sakazaki vs Nodoka Tenma & Yuki Aino
Miyu Yamashita vs Yuki Arai
Live on Wrestle Universe

3:30pm JST/5:30pm AEDT/6:30am GMT/1:30am EST/10:30pm PST

Stardom Osaka Super Wars
EDION Arena #1, Osaka
Ten Million Yen Trios Tournament First Round/Artist of Stardom Title: Donna Del Mondo (Himeka, Maika & Natsupoi)(c) vs Marvelous (Maria, Rin Kadokura & Takumi Iroha)
Ten Million Yen Trios Tournament First Round: COSMIC ANGELS (Mina Shirakawa, Tam Nakano & Unagi Sayaka) vs STARS (Hazuki, Koguma & Mayu Iwatani)
Syuri Gauntlet Challenge Syuri vs Lady C, Mai Sakurai & Waka Tsukiyama
Losing captain joins opposing faction Elimination Tag: Oedo Tai (Konami, Ruaka, Saki Kashima & Starlight Kid*) vs Queen's Quest (AZM, Momo Watanabe*, Saya Kamitani & Utami Hayashishita)
Ten Million Yen Trios Tournament Final Elimination Ladder Match
Show presumably uploaded to Stardom World

5pm JST/7pm AEDT/8am GMT/3am EST/12am PST

GLEAT G Prowrestling Ver.14
Umeda Sky Building Stella Hall, Osaka
Jun Tonsho & Keiichi Sato vs STRONGHEARTS (Issei Onitsuka & Shigehiro Irie)
Michiko Miyagi vs Tomoka Inaba
Jun Masaoka vs Yu Iizuka
UWF Rules: Daijiro Matsui vs Seichi Ikemoto
BULK Orchestra (KAZMA SAKAMOTO & Nobuhiro Shimatani) vs Minoru Tanaka & Takanori Ito
Eisa 8 vs Kaz Hayashi
BULK Orchestra (Hayato Tamura, Quiet Storm & Ryuichi Kawakami) vs STRONGHEARTS (CIMA, El Lindaman & T-Hawk)
Uploaded to Youtube on a Thursday at Noon GMT. Probably this coming Thursday but I can't say for sure

5:30pm JST/7:30pm AEDT/8:30am GMT/3:30am EST/12:30am PST

DDT Dramatic Expolision 2021
Nagoya Congress Centre Event Hall, Nagoya
Kazusada Higuchi & Soma Takao vs Toi Kojima & Yuya Koroku
Daisuke Sasaki & MJ Paul vs Hideki Okatani & Masahiro Takanashi
Bodyguard, Tetsuya Endo, Yuji Hino & Yusuke Okada vs HARASHIMA, Jun Akiyama, Naomi Yoshimura & Yukio Naya
Papillon Akemi vs Saki Akai
Hardcore Match: Hyper Misao vs Shunma Katsumata
Akito, Antonio Honda & Chris Brookes vs Kazuki Hirata, Susumu Yokosuka & Toru Owashi
KO-D 6 Man Tag Titles Current Blast Death Match: Pheromones (Danshoku Dieno, Yuki Iino & Yumehito Imanari)(c) vs Atsushi Onita, Kuro-chan & Sanshiro Takagi
37KAMIINA (Konosuke Takeshita, MAO & Yuki Ueno) vs Kosuke Sato, Yuji Okabayashi & Yuya Aoki
Live on Wrestle Universe

Also shows from Ice Ribbon, Secret Base, Doutonbori Pro, A-Team, Sendai Girls, Actwres girlZ, Dove Pro & Colega

19/12/2021, Sunday

10am JST/12pm AEDT/1am GMT/8pm EST/5pm PST

New Japan Strong Detonation
Riverside Municipal Auditorium, Riverside
Brogan Finlay & Jordan Clearwater vs DKC & Kevin Knight
Black Tiger, JR Kratos & Royce Isaacs vs David Finlay, Juice Robinson & Rocky Romero
Strong Openweight Title: Tom Lawlor(c) vs Fred Rosser
Live on NJPW World

Gatoh Move ChocoPro 183
Ichigaya Chocolate Square, Tokyo
Chie Koishikawa & Tokiko Kirihara vs Cherry & Chon Shiryu
Baliyan Akki vs Shin Suzuki
Live on Youtube

12:30pm JST/2:30pm AEDT/3:30am GMT/10:30pm EST/7:30pm PST

Ganbare Joshi Protect You And Love You 2021
Shin-Kiba 1stRING, Tokyo
Aoi Natsu & Miku Aono vs Hikari Shimizu & Rina Amikura
Secret Captain's Fall Elimination Tag: Keisuke Ishii, Ken Ohka & Mizuki Watase vs Shinichiro Tominaga, Shota & Soma Takao
SAKI vs YuuRI
HARUKAZE vs Moeka Haruhi
Yuna Manase vs Yuu Yamagata
Live on Wrestle Universe

Also shows from Secret Base, Doutonbori Pro, FMW-E, JWP, 2AW, Big Japan, Heat-Up, 666 & YMZ

20/12/2021, Monday

Ryuku Pro

21/12/2021, Tuesday

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEDT/9:30am GMT/4:30am EST/1:30am PST

New Japan Road To Tokyo Dome Night 1
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Bullet CLub (Bad Luck Fale & Chase Owens) vs Yuji Nagata & Yuto Nakashima
Kosei Fujita & Toru Yano vs Suzukigun (DOUKI & Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
House of Torture (SHO & Yujiro Takahashi) vs Ryohei Oiwa & YOH
Hirooki Goto, Tiger Mask & YOSHI-HASHI vs Suzukigun (Taichi, TAKA Michinoku & Zack Sabre Jr)
Bullet Club (El Phantasmo, Gedo & Taiji Ishimori) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi, Master Wato & Ryusuke Taguchi
LIJ (BUSHI, SANADA & Tetsuya Naito) vs United Empire (Aaron Henare, Great O Khan & Jeff Cobb)
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & Robbie Eagles) vs LIJ (Hiromu Takahashi & Shingo Takagi)
Live on NJPW World

Also shows from 666 & Ryuku Pro

22/12/2021, Wednesday

Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Chase Owens & Jado) vs Kosei Fujita, Ryohei Oiwa & Yuto Nakashima
Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Toru Yano vs Suzukigun (DOUKI, Minoru Suzuki & Yoshinobu Kanemaru)
House of Torture (Dick Togo, EVIL, SHO & Yujiro Takahashi) vs Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma, Tomohiro Ishii & YOH
Hirooki Goto, Master Wato & YOSHI-HASHI vs Suzukigun (Taichi, TAKA Michinoku & Zack Sabre Jr)
LIJ (BUSHI, SANADA & Tetsuya Naito) vs United Empire (Aaron Henare, Great O Khan & Jeff Cobb)
Kazuchika Okada & Ryusuke Taguchi vs LIJ (Hiromu Takahashi & Shingo Takagi)
Bullet Club (El Phantasmo, KENTA & Taiji Ishimori) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi, Robbie Eagles & Tiger Mask
Live on NJPW World

Also shows from Ice Ribbon & PPP Tokyo

23/12/2021, Thursday

Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Master Wato & Ryusuke Taguchi vs Ryohei Oiwa & Yuto Nakashima
Hirooki Goto, Kosei Fujita & YOSHI-HASHI vs Suzukigun (Taichi, TAKA Michinoku & Zack Sabre Jr)
Suzukigun (Minoru Suzuki & Yoshinobu Kanemaru) vs Toru Yano & Yuji Nagata
Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima, Tomohiro Ishii & YOH vs House of Torture (Dick Togo, EVIL, SHO & Yujiro Takahashi)
Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Chase Owens, El Phantasmo, KENTA & Taiji Ishimori) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kazuchika Okada, Robbie Eagles, Tiger Mask & Tomoaki Honma
LIJ (SANADA, Shingo Takagi & Tetsuya Naito) vs United Empire (Aaron Henare, Great O Khan & Jeff Cobb)
LIJ (BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi) vs Suzukigun (DOUKI & El Desperado)
Live on NJPW World

Also shows from 666, Colega & YMZ

24/12/2021, Friday

Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
El Phantasmo vs Ryusuke Taguchi vs Tiger Mask
Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Yuji Nagata vs United Empire (Aaron Henare, Great O Khan & Jeff Cobb)
Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Chase Owens & KENTA) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honmka
KOPW 2021 End of Year Party Rules: Toru Yano(c) vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru
CHAOS (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, YOH & YOSHI-HASHI) vs House of Torture (Dick Togo, EVIL, SHO & Yujiro Takahashi)
LIJ (Hiromu Takahashi, SANADA & Tetsuya Naito) vs Suzukigun (El Desperado, Taichi & Zack Sabre Jr)
CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & Robbie Eagles) vs LIJ (BUSHI & Shingo Takagi)
Live on NJPW World

Tokyo Joshi Pro Se-No, Merry Christmas! 2021
Itabashi Green Hall, Tokyo
Card TBA
Uploaded later to Wrestle Universe

7pm JST/9pm AEDT/10am GMT/5am EST/2am PST

2AW/BJW/ZERO1 Great Clash
Shin-Kiba 1stRING, Tokyo
Daiju Wakamatsu, Genta Hiriki & Kazumasa Yoshida vs Junya Matsunaga, Kosuke Sato & Takuro Niki
Ayame Sasamura, Ryuji Ito & Yoshikazu Yokoyama vs Chris Vice, Jaki Numazawa & Kyu Mogami
Daichi Hashimoto vs Satsuki Nagao
Chicharito Shoki, Kaji Tomato & Shu Asakawa vs Shoki Kitamura, Takumi Baba & Takuya Sugawara
Masato Tanaka vs Tatsuya Hanami
Hartley Jackson, Hideyoshi Kamitani & Taishi Takizawa vs Kengo Mashimo, Tsugutaka Sato & Yuji Okabayashi
Takafumi vs Takuya Nomura
I'm not even sure if this is airing. If it does it'll probably be on Nico Nico

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Oh & GLEAT G Prowrestling Ver.13 aired on Youtube today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_QSVpjV9Fw

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The hair match is New Year’s Day, right?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

coconono posted:

The hair match is New Year’s Day, right?

Which hair match?

Side note, love this poster for the 4th & 5th Jan NOAH shows

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Isn't the a BULK ORCHESTRA vs STRONGHEARTS apuesta in the making. something like tag team elimination ultimate loser gets his hair cut?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

coconono posted:

Isn't the a BULK ORCHESTRA vs STRONGHEARTS apuesta in the making. something like tag team elimination ultimate loser gets his hair cut?

Ah, you're right. Yeah, that's the 30th December at GLEAT Ver.2. Cool card.

https://twitter.com/Dyllan_Keaton20/status/1469146118793666561?s=20

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Freaking Tatsu Nakano is still a thing in TYOOL 2021. What a world.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I'm honestly surprised that GLEAT haven't brought in Yoshiaki Fujiwara.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I really fuckin like GLEAT. The english subs are amazing. Shoutout to the translation team.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Tokyo Sports reporting that Naoya Nomura has temporarily retired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Tokyo Sports reporting that Naoya Nomura has temporarily retired.

Can a retirement be temporary? I mean, aside from in pro wrestling where Terry Funk & Atsushi Onita have retired a few thousand times between them.

My 2AW catch-up has continued with a double-shot, 9/7 & 18/7. 9/7 was actually a better show than I expected, paused 18/7 because it's 3am but the undercard has been fine. But the actual reason I'm posting about this: Taishi Takizawa & I think Tatsuya Hanami are on commentary for this, & because it's a Nico Pro broadcast they have the commentating wrestlers picture-in-picture the whole show. Anyway, Taishi has spent the entire show eating sheets of nori. It's quite impressive really. Guess it's better for you than snacking on a bag of Doritos.