Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

zegermans posted:

how hard would it have been to just use the power of the government to make a ton of 3M N95 knockoffs and mail them to every known address, box of 30 per month?

I'm not sure if you've noticed this but the US doesn't really have a functional postal system anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Lacrosse posted:

I'm not sure if you've noticed this but the US doesn't really have a functional postal system anything anymore

FTFY

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

Gio posted:

RIP ellie, you were loved more than you know

A bit late since I fell way behind overnight, but I'm so sorry. There's nothing like losing a pet, and to have to experience that during a worsening pandemic is beyond unfair and awful. It's clear from how much you love her that you gave her a great life.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Lacrosse posted:

I'm not sure if you've noticed this but the US doesn't really have a functional postal system anymore

they still deliver to every address every once in a while

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

facetoucher cat posted:

existence as we know it will cease

Thank God.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

zegermans posted:

how hard would it have been to just use the power of the government to make a ton of 3M N95 knockoffs and mail them to every known address, box of 30 per month?

before operation warp speed for the vax, the trump doctor admin guy who worked on that tried to get cloth masks sent to every household in the U.S., he had gotten Hanes or Fruit of the Loom or whoever to make them and they made them out of white cloth so folks would notice them becoming dirty to encourage replacement but trump admin dudes like Jared thought they looked too much like underwear and that was the end of it.
But I'm sure everyone remembers that.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1470840799068028929

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Remembers what?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Why Am I So Tired posted:

A bit late since I fell way behind overnight, but I'm so sorry. There's nothing like losing a pet, and to have to experience that during a worsening pandemic is beyond unfair and awful. It's clear from how much you love her that you gave her a great life.

Rest In Peace Ellie.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

:qq: :qq: :qq: :qq: :qq: :qq: :qq: :qq: :qq: :qq:

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

zegermans posted:

You could just order a few billion kn95s. Cheaper and you wouldn't gently caress up the production.

xiaoren
Dec 9, 2021

Shifty Pony posted:

third.

here's the funny thing insurance didn't pay for the first or second ones (because I got them through a pubic health department and didn't give them my info) so they dodged paying for all of them.

I need to look at the eob to see why it was denied.

clearly you can't get a booster if you haven't had the first two. denied.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Mod sass went into the mountains where God has carved two tablets when he comes back down his hair will be white and we will be worshipping a golden calf

Or cat probably cat

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
it would be so much better if they sent people to "quarantine camps"

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Mild Highly Infectious Constantly Mutating Virus

MHICMV

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

euphronius posted:

don’t conservatives control parliament ??

They do, but they also love death.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cum jabbar posted:

it would be so much better if they sent people to "quarantine camps"

Camp Anawannajab

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
It's been a couple days, is covid over?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Asproigerosis posted:

been over for years, friend

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

McNugget Buddy posted:

Camp Anawannajab

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Asproigerosis posted:

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

McNugget Buddy posted:

Camp Anawannajab

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

My tour through the best twitter sources ends with Dr. Jay warning us not fall victim to depression, which is spreading alongside lockdowns.
https://twitter.com/DrJBhattacharya/status/1470779960793210883?s=20

it's wild how Lockdowns cause enough extra loneliness to make us all depressed, but having to drive to work 30 minutes a day in a tiny box, working all day in a cubicle, not having a relationship with any of the people who live in your immediate area, those are just the ideal forms of society.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

it's wild how Lockdowns cause enough extra loneliness to make us all depressed, but having to drive to work 30 minutes a day in a tiny box, working all day in a cubicle, not having a relationship with any of the people who live in your immediate area, those are just the ideal forms of society.

insanely jealous of a 30 minute commute

pre remote (and when we inevitably are forced to return) its 2 hours a day gone into the ether

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

https://twitter.com/FrankLuntz/status/1470839191328092160

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

I am dying from the psychic damage from the kinda lockdown we did over a year ago

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
https://twitter.com/theosanderson/status/1470799713104535561?s=21

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

I picture mod sass as a long-haul trucker who rails speed while a series of robot voices read a curated list of twitter accounts to them which are in turn screamed by the user into a custom made text-to-speech posting rig, barreling down the interstate as a ball of rage and information

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

mildly vertical graph so what

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

ruh roh

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I saw a post saying Omicron was surging in washington, but Hospitalizations are down 10% in the past month. I mean unless tomorrows reporting shows something else - which is possible, the decrease has been pretty consistent.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

mildly accelerating towards space

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

already seeing the curve flatten at the tip, no cause for worry

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Crazypoops posted:

Mod sass went into the mountains where God has carved two tablets when he comes back down his hair will be white and we will be worshipping a golden calf

Or cat probably cat

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

last week the city of new york sequenced 402 tests

lol

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Pillowpants posted:

I saw a post saying Omicron was surging in washington, but Hospitalizations are down 10% in the past month. I mean unless tomorrows reporting shows something else - which is possible, the decrease has been pretty consistent.

I think this is just the fall peak subsiding and the Omicron surge hasn't really picked up steam there yet. Pretend I posted that graph of how a decreasing wave and increasing wave interact (I'm sure you know all this but hey POSTING).

Oregon is currently on a downward case trend but also I think we've barely just had Omicron show up so I'm expecting the next 2 months to be FUN TIMES. As of yesterday morning we had 2 of 42 pediatric beds available in the state.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/Alexander_Tin/status/1470845730239795203

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
good news, worldometers shows usa is over 10m active cases for the first time ever. previous peaks were 9.99 in early october and 8.95 in mid january. it's not a very good measurement since it's reported weirdly but nice to see a new milestone as we reopen safely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Pillowpants posted:

It turns out omicron actually is mild :unsmith: