Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Wow a megaplague for just $3.7M? What a bargain!
:caro:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/chrischirp/status/1471119077884280838

Serf
May 5, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

Yep in front of congress too

when trump wins again in 2024 she'll be called before congress to tell us why she supports the national ban on masks now that we have the vaccine (unchanged from 2020). the death toll stands at 5 million

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Hatebag posted:

Wow a megaplague for just $3.7M? What a bargain!
:caro:

Whats the kill to $ ratio advantage over the F-35 here

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

everyone is going to catch omicron and be dead/cleared before enough of these stories penetrate idiot brains to change anything

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

PerniciousKnid posted:

I'm switching my kindergartner to virtual until her brothers can vaccinate, so I need to tell her she's not going to get beloved school anymore. Can I get some external validation before I break her heart? Poor thing has been diligently doing her part to wear her mask even at recess

you’re doing the right thing. no one in power or popular media cares if you or your family die or are permanently disabled and you need to protect yourself and your family, because no one else will.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Paradoxish posted:

everyone is going to catch omicron and be dead/cleared before enough of these stories penetrate idiot brains to change anything

i'd like to think that my elastomeric will keep me safe but i'll probably catch it from my parents lol

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Lmao. Either they caught it from the outside from someone coughing on the streets, or the virus is undetectable during the infectious phase.

It's absolutely impossible that mass testing before a event doesn't work!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I hear the strain on the hull
a distant crack
a resonant ping

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Serf posted:

she's going to be on the national news in a fursuit talking with fauci about how omicron is mild while the bodies pile higher

on 60 Minutes, interviewed by Lesley Stahl or Anderson Cooper

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
how is unpleasant mild symptoms? is it because they're not dead?

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Louisgod posted:

a sore throat is unpleasant

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Louisgod posted:

I would also like to know are we talking sniffles or loss of taste and smell and coughing and wheezing or like full-on pneumonia
what is mild to the sociopaths that run the world

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

If I, as an employee of a a major international firm, were to get on social media and leverage my credentials to become a prominent voice on issues directly or indirectly tied to my companies activates...well, that would not happen because I would be fired about 5 minutes after my first comments.

The weasel is literally just corporate PR

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Louisgod posted:

they're not in the hospital yet so it's "mild"

the people who get knocked out for a month straight only have "mild" symptoms

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Serf posted:

i'd like to think that my elastomeric will keep me safe but i'll probably catch it from my parents lol

Same

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

NeonPunk posted:

Lmao. Either they caught it from the outside from someone coughing on the streets, or the virus is undetectable during the infectious phase.

It's absolutely impossible that mass testing before a event doesn't work!

We have a few of those stories now. I wonder. Maybe one of the Omicron tricks is that it grows slower where we usually swab?

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Palladium posted:

Whats the kill to $ ratio advantage over the F-35 here

Well, covid's officially killed about 5.5M people in 2 years. The f35 is too expensive to risk using so pretty much limited to killing f35 pilots and runs about $150M/plane. Let's just assume every f35 gets to kill a pilot every 2 years.
Then f35: 1/150M = 6.666E-9 kills/$
Covid: 5.5M/$3.7M = 1.486 kills/$

Covid wins!

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

LOL these motherfuckers are going to believe covid is over in Florida because of their bogus rear end numbers and DeSantis is going to be president in 2 years.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Paradoxish posted:

they're not in the hospital yet so it's "mild"

the people who get knocked out for a month straight only have "mild" symptoms

I thought that mild meant "not on a ventilator"

Serf
May 5, 2011

Acelerion posted:

If I, as an employee of a a major international firm, were to get on social media and leverage my credentials to become a prominent voice on issues directly or indirectly tied to my companies activates...well, that would not happen because I would be fired about 5 minutes after my first comments.

lol she claims that she anonymous. also she doesn't even work for moderna

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Bearjew posted:

a sore throat is unpleasant

living is unpleasant

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Acelerion posted:

weird of them to choose someone so public about sexually imprinting on Disney animals as a PR person

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Serf posted:

lol she claims that she anonymous. also she doesn't even work for moderna

Yeah I guess thats the other possibility - that they arnt actually involved with any of this whatsoever

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

shocked at how many goons haven't played Slay the Spire

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Acelerion posted:

considering what I've signed along the way, I'd be lucky if I were just fired tbh

mystes
May 31, 2006

Acelerion posted:

Yeah I guess thats the other possibility - that they arnt actually involved with any of this whatsoever
I think some semi legitimate website claimed to have verified their credentials.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Acelerion posted:

Yeah, I mean she was shilling super hard for Pfizer the other day. A corporate PR isn't ever gonna boost their competition positively on their social media

mystes posted:

I think some semi legitimate website claimed to have verified her credentials.

They only verified that she had an connection to Moderna in some capacity. That's it.

Serf
May 5, 2011

text editor posted:

weird of them to choose someone so public about sexually imprinting on Disney animals as a PR person

i feel like this is useful to them too. if she gets burned beyond their ability to ignore they can use "sexual deviant" as a way to distance themselves from her

Acelerion posted:

this apparently isn't a madjackal situation. she was involved with the design of the vaccine or testing it or whatever, but i think she's in academia not actually working directly for moderna. the only things backing up her claims are some website that says they verified who she is so lol

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

cr0y posted:

LOL these motherfuckers are going to believe covid is over in Florida because of their bogus rear end numbers and DeSantis is going to be president in 2 years.

Even if he isn't president, Florida is going to be the guide for how the US deals with covid after the dems get washed out.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Serf posted:

this apparently isn't a madjackal situation. she was involved with the design of the vaccine or testing it or whatever, but i think she's in academia not actually working directly for moderna. the only things backing up her claims are some website that says they verified who she is so lol
Yeah from the phrasing I assume she doesn't work for moderna but consulted in some capacity (I think there is lots of this is pharma so it's not at all implausible).

This thread is very quick to assume that anyone who downplays covid is lying about their credentials or a sociopath or something, but there are lot of people (even those who should know better) who are just exhausted from covid and engaging in motivated reasoning or the attention they've gotten has gone to their head.

mystes fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Dec 15, 2021

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Acelerion posted:

Unless you're Elon Musk

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Nothus posted:

Even if he isn't president, Florida is going to be the guide for how the US deals with covid after the dems get washed out.

i hate how likely this is to be accurate. Outside of like CA or NY, most states will aggressively deprioritize public health if not turn outright hostile to it (as in FL).

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

one of the transplant nephrologists I work with (university of minnesota) said he's seeing so many covid patients it's insane, they get transplants, and still go out and party and poo poo even though it's covid and they are on immunosuppression

also pretty much our entire hospital systems ICU is full

Serf
May 5, 2011

HiroProtagonist posted:

i hate how likely this is to be accurate. Outside of like CA or NY, most states will aggressively deprioritize public health if not turn outright hostile to it (as in FL).

prepare to see the idea of "public" be destroyed because of this

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/IBTimesSG/status/1471090067779330050

quote:

A 'mysterious disease' that has claimed 89 lives so far in Sudan has raised concerns as WHO deployed a rapid response task force in the country to investigate the disease. According to The New York Post, a fast-spreading 'unknown' illness was reported by the Health Ministry of Sudan in the northern town of Fangak, in the Jonglei state. Local scientists haven't been able to identify the disease.

The region where the 'mysterious disease' is said to have originated was recently hit by floods. Local health officials in Fangak noted the samples tested taken for testing from the area to help identify the disease came back negative for Cholera. The WHO has raised alarm on a possible 'outbreak' of the said 'mysterious disease.'

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

amazing to read this morning that jeffrey epstein created covid to punish the wealthy who backstabbed him

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

At some point I think the lure of big dollar guest appearances on major media will tempt her to cut ties to whatever organization she is affiliated with and unmask. Ko-fi is just a gateway drug.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

actionjackson posted:

one of the transplant nephrologists I work with (university of minnesota) said he's seeing so many covid patients it's insane, they get transplants, and still go out and party and poo poo even though it's covid and they are on immunosuppression

also pretty much our entire hospital systems ICU is full

Guessing he won't be seeing them for very many follow-ups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

come the gently caress on, cut us a break here