Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

TITANIC IS BACK IN STOCK GO GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT RIGHT NOW YOU NEED IT YOU CANT LIVE WITHOUT IT ITS SO BEAUTIFUL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Lego.ca definitely has it as of right now, limit of 2 so you can build the Titanic and the Olympic of course. Godspeed goons!

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
This is the first set where I'm paying real close attention to injection mould marks to ensure as few are visible as possible.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

bird with big dick posted:

TITANIC IS BACK IN STOCK GO GET IT GET IT GET IT GET IT RIGHT NOW YOU NEED IT YOU CANT LIVE WITHOUT IT ITS SO BEAUTIFUL

Thank you BWBD I managed to snag one. Didn’t even get an in stock email from Lego.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Futanari Damacy posted:

Lego.ca definitely has it as of right now, limit of 2 so you can build the Titanic and the Olympic of course. Godspeed goons!

Build the Titaaaanic

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Just wait for NFLs. No not that one, the one on the Blockchain.

I'll get me coat.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Lego loves meaningless forays into technology that absolutely doesn't align with their core audience, I would be surprised if someone wasn't drafting them up a Brickster NFT right now.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Aww I keep missing these, I really really want to get a Titanic!

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Had to dig around in the attic and found my old boxes of lego. There were sails in good shape right on top of one pile which really makes me think it might be worth putting together ships to sell. Anyway I found one of my old favorite parts, which apparently was made by Tyco actually? Who knew.

Gotta dig up a battery, I'll be impressed if this thing still walks.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Some leaks for March 2022. Some space stuff (A moon rover and a space station, a large Technic logging truck, some Friends and Dots stuff, and some very cute Creator stuff.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Skios posted:

Some leaks for March 2022. Some space stuff (A moon rover and a space station, a large Technic logging truck, some Friends and Dots stuff, and some very cute Creator stuff.

The upcoming space stuff really puts me in mind of The Martian, and it’s great.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Skios posted:

a large Technic logging truck

Actually looks like a 6x6 ATV to me? Something like:

Edit 1:Huh, only there's no handlebars. Maybe autonomous?

Edit 2: Oh, there are handlebars. Internet translate tells me that "Geländefahrzeug" translates to "cross-country OR all-terrain vehicle" so there you go. Four-wheeler with a tilt-bed, and a chainsaw and some logs just for something to put on it.

vvvv Yeah, not trying to poo poo on you, just trying to figure out what it's supposed to be.

boxen fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Dec 14, 2021

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
That would make sense with the scale of the chainsaw that came with it, I suppose. Between my limited interest in Technic and the quality of the image, it was kind of hard to tell.

Andoman
Nov 7, 2021

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi

The_Doctor posted:

The upcoming space stuff really puts me in mind of The Martian, and it’s great.

I wish they would bring back the classic space lego but that is probably just nostalgia talking

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Andoman posted:

I wish they would bring back the classic space lego but that is probably just nostalgia talking

It's just good common sense.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Waltzing Along posted:

It's just good common sense.

I want some classic-styled sets but with all the new colors we have these days. Don't bring back the old factions directly, make new ones or at least distinct 'sequel' factions like has been done with Space Police before. I'd really like to see the return of space-industry like Rock Raiders too.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Blacktron III: Tron Harder

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Those new lunar sets are pretty drat cool though and if I had something like those in the early 80's I'd be ecstatic.

So if that is their reimagining of "classic space" with a bit of real world influence, bring it on. Limited swooshability I guess but maybe that's how kids like their space these days.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Wow, my Titanic ordered two days ago has already shipped…like actually shipped not “printed the label to sit in the warehouse for a week”. I usually have at least a two week wait from Lego at the best of times, never mind during the last hit before Christmas.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Has Lego ever come out and said why they're not doing any new space themes beyond the (pseudo-)NASA stuff? Because they've shown with Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! how well things could work combining older style parts with modern design sensibilities.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Seeing the Titanic in person is pretty weird. It doesn't look like an official LEGO set. It looks like a MOC you'd see at a convention. I don't mean that it doesn't look like LEGO quality, just that it is so massive that it doesn't look like actual LEGO.

Thing is huge. Really really huge. Heh heh. It's not just long, but it's thick.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Waltzing Along posted:

Why don't you tell us what it's full of.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Habibi posted:

Plastic bricks.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Waltzing Along posted:

Seeing the Titanic in person is pretty weird. It doesn't look like an official LEGO set. It looks like a MOC you'd see at a convention. I don't mean that it doesn't look like LEGO quality, just that it is so massive that it doesn't look like actual LEGO.

They had it on display when I visited the local Lego store and there were children running around that were smaller than the drat thing. I want to get it, but have no idea where I'm going to fit it.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Habibi posted:

Water.
It's called attention to detail

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Grand Fromage posted:

Blacktron III: Tron Harder

Blacktron Lego Matters

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Lord Hydronium posted:

They had it on display when I visited the local Lego store and there were children running around that were smaller than the drat thing. I want to get it, but have no idea where I'm going to fit it.

I actually have a place to put it. It just means taking other things down.

And it's not like it's a big sunk cost. In a year or two when it is retired, even opened, it will go up in value.

I'm not doing a good job talking myself out of getting it.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Waltzing Along posted:

And it's not like it's a big sunk cost.

The White Star Line may have felt differently.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Skios posted:

Has Lego ever come out and said why they're not doing any new space themes beyond the (pseudo-)NASA stuff? Because they've shown with Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! how well things could work combining older style parts with modern design sensibilities.

I don’t think they’ve ever admitted as such, but I think it’s as simple a calculus as “Why invest in sci-fi when we have Star Wars?” I think if you’re feeling particularly conspiratorial, you could probably make the argument that Disney is putting on a bit of pressure, but there have been a number of sci-fi themes released since the Star Wars license and they’ve all done relatively poorly.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

HootTheOwl posted:

Water.
It's called attention to detail

I had to

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

:five:

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

lol space

lmao hope

rotfl progress

in the future there is only the hustlegrind. there is only the Future Commute®

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lmao

Electromax
May 6, 2007

lol

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Ooooooh nooooooooo

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
How did they arrive at 2284?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

HootTheOwl posted:

How did they arrive at 2284?

Because that's from the ship in a bottle where they say to dump 284 studs into the bottle.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Cojawfee posted:

Because that's from the ship in a bottle where they say to dump 284 studs into the bottle.

Ah.
Still hilarious

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Alright, say you fabricated an acrylic cube display for the Titanic that would allow you to submerge the model in the appropriate scale ocean depth [~3,800 metres] of water studs.

That would be a pretty large number of studs, wouldn't it? This is one of those rice-on-a-chessboard situations I'm not maths enough for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Titanic is 1:200 scale, so you'd need a display 19m tall.

If the plan area is 1m^2 (because it makes the maths easier), that means ~19m^3of studs.

If there are roughly 1.5M studs in a cubic metre you'd need ~30M studs.