Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dihaploidy
Oct 31, 2010

Buglord
Sometime in the couple of weeks I saw a study comparing the duration of protection with different masks. There was a table of results comparing surgical masks, N95 (unfitted) , and N95 (fit tested), with durations in the minutes for surgicals, and at least an hour or two for the N95s, regardless of fit testing. I intended to save it for future reference and showing anyone that tries to tell me that surgicals are perfectly fine, but now I can't find it anywhere, and trying a scholar search hasn't turned up the journal article yet either. I assume I saw it in this thread, does anyone know what I'm talking about and happen to have a link handy? The basic information is nice to have, but I'd feel better if I could refer to the genuine article.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

I also use a disposable p100 for air travel (only once). put a surgical over it to cover the valve, good to go

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
are you kidding me? a pigeon with a moustache? that's terrifying. im more worried now.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Lotta different Aura models. What do the different numbers mean? Here in Euroland there's both a 9320+, 9320D+ and 1862+ available. They look pretty much identical.

Edit: See it was addressed, nevermind! And thanks.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Dec 17, 2021

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Platystemon posted:

Home Depot carries them. There’s a second listing, and they may both be stocked in the same store, one in the paint supplies aisle and the other with hand tools.

thank you dude. I ran all over the place yesterday but I guess I'm going into town today for these because we have them everywhere and these are fantastic. I must have like, a gigantic head or something because the plastic straps last me about 10-11 time on and off before the top strap snaps. the braided ones lasted forever.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Mola Yam posted:

are you kidding me? a pigeon with a moustache? that's terrifying. im more worried now.

https://twitter.com/jmcunning/status/1471587011198951428?t=uCndLOe42yI70KMnehf4PQ&s=19

Wow so true. Covid is just a cute and silly thing

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

dihaploidy posted:

Sometime in the couple of weeks I saw a study comparing the duration of protection with different masks. There was a table of results comparing surgical masks, N95 (unfitted) , and N95 (fit tested), with durations in the minutes for surgicals, and at least an hour or two for the N95s, regardless of fit testing. I intended to save it for future reference and showing anyone that tries to tell me that surgicals are perfectly fine, but now I can't find it anywhere, and trying a scholar search hasn't turned up the journal article yet either. I assume I saw it in this thread, does anyone know what I'm talking about and happen to have a link handy? The basic information is nice to have, but I'd feel better if I could refer to the genuine article.

https://www.mpg.de/17916867/coronavirus-masks-risk-protection?c=2249

https://www.pnas.org/content/118/49/e2110117118

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

zone posted:

enough liberals being affected by this that it becomes a personal problem, just like conservatives don't give a gently caress until they catch covid or someone they know carks it from the virus

are you kidding? Just yesterday in the bad thread the doctor guy said he was talking to a woman who lost her husband and her son to covid and was still going on anti-vaxx rallies/talking about how masks cause hypoxia

she was happy as larry and proud of what she was doing

conservatives don't give a gently caress full stop

full stop

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

SplitSoul posted:

Lotta different Aura models. What do the different numbers mean? Here in Euroland there's both a 9320+, 9320D+ and 1862+ available. They look pretty much identical.

Edit: See it was addressed, nevermind! And thanks.

I’d have to look up the “D”.

9320+ is your basic model.

1862+ is a medical edition that had a fluid‐resistant outer layer and the related regulatory approval.

Here’s a full guide. https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/842338O/aura-9300-series-respiratory-technical-datasheet.pdf

It doesn’t directly answer the “D” question, but from context, it’s made in Germany and perhaps required for some Deutsche reason.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Dec 17, 2021

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

and a way better simile was right there: it's a Tiger that changed its stripes

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Platystemon posted:

I’d have to look up the “D”.

9320+ is your basic model.

1862+ is a medical edition that had a fluid‐resistant outer layer and the related regulatory approval.

Here’s a full guide. https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/842338O/aura-9300-series-respiratory-technical-datasheet.pdf

It doesn’t directly answer the “D” question, but from context, it’s made in Germany and perhaps required for some Deutsche reason.

So something like this is fine for Pigeon Snrub Variant? Are those the good straps?

https://www.specialbutikken.dk/3m-aura-stoevmaske-ffp2-20-stk.aspx

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
"I know what I'll do, I'll compare myself to Rosa Parks. Liberals love Rosa Parks, they'll be so confused!!!"

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/united-thong-facemask-rosa-parks-b1977576.html

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Feeling a lot better after speaking to an anonymous vaccine scientist who told me that Omicron was like a human sized squirrel wearing ripped jeans with a prominent bulge.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

At my company they allow any type of mask to be worn in a crowded office environment including those cloth neck gaiters
which were found to be the most ineffective of any mask type.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Guess whos back Back again Covids back Kill a friend Covids back Covids back Covids back

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Barry Foster posted:

are you kidding? Just yesterday in the bad thread the doctor guy said he was talking to a woman who lost her husband and her son to covid and was still going on anti-vaxx rallies/talking about how masks cause hypoxia

she was happy as larry and proud of what she was doing

conservatives don't give a gently caress full stop

full stop

well I didn't say all of them, but a few did seemingly understand, even though the majority like you said don't care

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
New titration study.

quote:

Booster shots are now routinely administered in many countries 6 months after full vaccination.
85 Therefore, we also examined the serum neutralizing activity of individuals who had received
86 three homologous mRNA vaccinations (13 with BNT162b2 and 2 with mRNA-1273). Every
87 sample showed lower activity in neutralizing B.1.1.529, with a mean drop of 6.5-fold compared
88 to WT (Fig. 1d). Although all samples had titers above the LOD, the substantial loss in activity
89 may still pose a risk for B.1.1.529 infection despite the booster vaccination.
91 We then confirmed the above findings by testing a subset of the BNT162b2 and mRNA-1273
92 vaccinee serum samples using authentic SARS-CoV-2 isolates: wild type and B.1.1.529. Again,
93 a substantial decrease in neutralization of B.1.1.529 was observed, with mean drops of >6.0-fold
94 and >4.1-fold for the fully vaccinated group and the boosted group, respectively (Fig. 1e).

quote:

Fig. 1. Resistance of B.1.1.529 to neutralization by sera. a, Unrooted phylogenetic tree of
199 B.1.1.529 with other major SARS-CoV-2 variants. b, Key spike mutations found in the viruses
200 isolated in the major lineage of B.1.1.529 are denoted. c, Neutralization of D614G and B.1.1.529
201 pseudoviruses by convalescent patient sera. d, Neutralization of D614G and B.1.1.529
202 pseudoviruses by vaccinee sera. Within the four standard vaccination groups, individuals that
203 were vaccinated without documented infection are denoted as circles and individuals that were
204 both vaccinated and infected are denoted as triangles. Within the boosted group, Moderna
205 vaccinees are denoted as squares and Pfizer vaccinees are denoted as diamonds. e, Neutralization
206 of authentic D614G and B.1.1.529 viruses by vaccinee sera. Moderna vaccinees are denoted as
207 squares and Pfizer vaccinees are denoted as diamonds. For all panels, values above the symbols
208 denote geometric mean titer and the numbers in parentheses denote the sample size. P values
209 were determined by using a Wilcoxon matched-pairs signed-rank test (two-tailed).

Note these key points, though.

quote:

Convalescent plasma samples were obtained from patients with documented SARS-CoV-2
342 infection approximately one month after recovery or later. These samples were collected at the
343 beginning of the pandemic in early 2020 at Columbia University Irving Medical Center, and
344 therefore are assumed to be infection by the wild-type strain of SARS-CoV-24. Sera from
345 individuals who received two or three doses of mRNA-1273 or BNT162b2 vaccine were
346 collected at Columbia University Irving Medical Center at least two weeks after the final dose.
347 Sera from individuals who received one dose of Ad26.COV2.S or two doses of ChAdOx1 nCov-
348 19 were obtained from BEI Resources. Some individuals were also infected by SARS-CoV-2 in
349 addition to the vaccinations they received. Note that, whenever possible, we specifically chose
350 samples with high titers against the wild-type strain of SARS-CoV-2 such that the loss in activity
351 against B.1.1.529 could be better quantified, and therefore the titers observed here should be
352 considered in that context.
All collections were conducted under protocols reviewed and
353 approved by the Institutional Review Board of Columbia University.

quote:

For the two mRNA-based vaccines, BNT162b2 and mRNA-1273, a >21-fold
75 and >8.6-fold decrease in ID50 was seen, respectively. We note that, for these two groups, we
76 specifically chose samples with high titers such that the fold-change in titer could be better
77 quantified, so the difference in the number of samples having titers above the LOD (6/13 for
78 BNT162b2 versus 11/12 for mRNA-1273) may be favorably biased. Within the Ad26.COV2.S
79 and ChAdOx1 nCOV-19 groups, all samples were below the LOD against B.1.1.529, except for
80 two Ad26.COV2.S samples from patients with a previous history of SARS-CoV-2 infection (Fig.
81 1d). Collectively, these results suggest that individuals who were previously infected or fully
82 vaccinated remain at risk for B.1.1.529 infection.

Some interesting choices in this one.

dihaploidy
Oct 31, 2010

Buglord

Thank you! This hasn't got the exact table that I saw, but it seems that it must be the original source for the underlying data, so it's even better, excellent

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Real Mean Queen posted:

Exactly. Either the doomers in the respirators are wrong, or the people at the applebees have done something unconscionable. We have to be wrong in order for them to maintain their view of themselves as intelligent, moral human beings. Our saying “gently caress this” and wearing scary masks and not going to Christmas is, on some level, an attack on that. Me gearing up good and hunkering in the bunker can correctly be interpreted as me saying that I think there’s something wrong with doing less.

On top of everything else that covid is, it’s a morality problem, and people often respond to perceived slights to their moral character with extreme hostility. How many times has a dude who doesn’t give to homeless charities told you to give money to charities instead of directly to homeless people? That’s not about approaching the problem in a better way, it’s about the guy squaring his personal indifference against somebody who takes action and makes the first guy feel weird for not doing anything. The good thing has to be bad, actually, or the guy doing nothing is going to have to acknowledge some things about himself that he doesn’t want to acknowledge.

I often walk by a bar I used to go to every night, and I see a lot of people I used to hang out with every night, and it’s slightly tense now. We’re long past the point where they ask if I’m going to join them, we barely even wave any more. They’ve all had to find ways to believe that it’s fine to crowd around a table and breathe into each other, I’ve made it pretty clear that I won’t be joining them in that belief, so that’s pretty much it. We have mutually exclusive views about what the world is and how a person should behave in it. I mostly had good relationships with these people and I don’t wish them any harm, but if I’m ever going to come back and hang out with them, it won’t be soon.

Somebody has to be wrong here. The thing is bad or it isn’t, and if it is, that means it’s been bad to pretend it isn’t bad all this time. That’s a pretty heavy idea, I totally understand why people are coming up with reasons why they can’t possibly be culpable in any of it, but I can’t join them in that. The bar was empty when I walked by earlier tonight. It’s cold, but that doesn’t usually stop anybody. Maybe they’re thinking about it again. I hope so.

none of this matters because the gov aint listenin to people who do or do not go to bars, its listening to the bar. Its every man for himself in these united states, by design. g*d bless :911:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

"I know what I'll do, I'll compare myself to Rosa Parks. Liberals love Rosa Parks, they'll be so confused!!!"

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/united-thong-facemask-rosa-parks-b1977576.html

:thermidor:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

gradenko_2000 posted:

it's sort of like how "reality has a liberal bias" was a phrase that got tossed around a lot in the Bush and Obama years, as though it's not our fault that a completely accurate description of the state of world is going to make conservatives look bad - that's not "bias", that's just the way it is

well, liberals are finding out that that window can tilt far enough to make them look monstrous, too

Reality has a doomer bias

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Platystemon posted:

New titration study.

Note these key points, though.

Some interesting choices in this one.

lmao, I know for SA most of their early vaccination was University of Oxford before they tried switching over to J+J
which are both viral vector strategies for generating the spike protein.

quote:

Collectively, these results suggest that individuals who were previously infected or fully
82 vaccinated remain at risk for B.1.1.529 infection.

etalian fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Dec 17, 2021

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Stereotype posted:

I’m probably going to get probated in D&D again for reminding them that there is not any selective pressure making covid less deadly. how could I know?? did I do studies?!?!?

That’s one of those “I read something that sounded smart on the internet” type of ideas that people get loving pissed at you for asking them to think about on their own. Is a super fast-acting 100% lethal virus going to run into a wall? Sure, historically, and I bet even today a virus that killed you within an hour would have a hard time going far. That’s got fuckall to do with an asymptomatic spreader that often never gets noticed, especially in a world with airplanes. Saying that a virus always has to turn into the common cold (and do it within two years for some reason) betrays the same level of ignorance as someone saying that evolution doesn’t exist because there are still monkeys that haven’t turned into humans. Different poo poo does different poo poo, and it’s uncommon for a thing to evolve around a problem that it doesn’t have.

New Found Power
Aug 18, 2005

As in atom bomb... As in nuclear fission.. As in the end of the world.

a sort of narrow, toothbrushy moustache

also the pigeon is a german, with a mad glint in its eyes

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

SplitSoul posted:

So something like this is fine for Pigeon Snrub Variant? Are those the good straps?

https://www.specialbutikken.dk/3m-aura-stoevmaske-ffp2-20-stk.aspx

The model you linked is more or less the equivalent of the one that everyone in America is getting from Home Depot.

Those are the “bad” straps, and now that you mention it, I don’t think 3M sells any Auras in Europe with braided straps.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lets check in on my patient dying of covid

They can't prone him anymore because he's developing subcutaneous emphysema. this xray is positive for pneumomediatsinum and pneumopericardium. it's very difficult to make out though and admittedly im not good at looking at them. but basically for a lot of pressure related reasons air is leaving his lungs and going into his skin. this feels like popcorn if you ever experience it with a patient. Can also lead to a pneumo thorax which might be happening the right lung. that's not as well expanded.

for comparison sake, 20 days ago when he was diagnosed with covid.

Also they can't prone him anymore because of the subcutaneous emphysema as well as significant eyelid/scleral edema.

Also vascular is now consulted because they can't find pulses in his left leg. He's now on a heparin drip so it's only a matter of time before neuro gets called back in to consult for a brain bleed.

This is how you die from covid, btw. just death by a thousand cuts.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Liberals are so stupid believing in things like "natural herd" immunity

https://www.sfgate.com/coronavirus/article/omicron-vaccine-protection-hospital-COVID-immune-16703994.php

quote:

For vaccinated people, case counts aren’t especially meaningful, because they’re largely protected against severe disease. Still, public health officials have argued the mandates are necessary because vaccinated people can both catch and spread COVID-19, especially omicron and delta, two strains which are circulating globally.

The hard truth is COVID-19 will only become less of a global threat once every adult has either caught it or been vaccinated. When unvaccinated people first get infected, they have the same risk of severe illness, hospitalization and death as everyone did in January 2020.

"I’m worried unvaccinated people aren’t going to take this seriously,” Reingold said. “Unfortunately they’re going to end up sick, some of them will die, some of them will end up on intubators."

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

etalian posted:

lmao, I know for SA most of their early vaccination was University of Oxford before they tried switching over to J+J
which are both viral vector strategies for generating the spike protein.

In general, I don’t trust pseudovirus results as far as I can throw, given the divergence we’ve seen compared to authentic virus, but when certain vaccines are getting smoked that badly, it’s probably a bad sign

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Platystemon posted:

Good question.

The absolute closest you could get to “Aura, but N99” is “Aura, but P3” from 3M’s European distributors. I don’t think it would be worth attempting to import, but I wish you good luck if you want to try.

ty so much for this post. I had found some of the valved stuff but obviously that doesn't fly in many situations. Airpop says that their masks filter 99.3% of <2.5um , and has the test results from SGS up, which is one reason I've been such a fan for a long time, but I do sometimes worry about the earloop seal since I suspect that's the bigger threat vector (I wish they made a headband model), hence why i sometimes switch to the aura if i'm going to be wearing one for a long time and have to worry about anything loosening

i'm surprised no american distributors carry the 9330

in situations where an aura or an airpop isn't safe i'll probably just wear my elastomeric but i figured "well if there is an aura equivalent that's an a n99 and a few cents more i'll buy that"

appreciate you running it to ground, this should be linked in the op imho

Petey fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Dec 17, 2021

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

NPR using barnyard animal metaphors and shaped blocks to explain to it's listeners what they should do

Joe Biden is just a simple honest farmer, the parliamentarian is the evil tornado coming down to destroy the barn! Oh no all the cows are dead but it's not farmer Joe's fault.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

lets check in on my patient dying of covid

They can't prone him anymore because he's developing subcutaneous emphysema. this xray is positive for pneumomediatsinum and pneumopericardium. it's very difficult to make out though and admittedly im not good at looking at them. but basically for a lot of pressure related reasons air is leaving his lungs and going into his skin. this feels like popcorn if you ever experience it with a patient. Can also lead to a pneumo thorax which might be happening the right lung. that's not as well expanded.

for comparison sake, 20 days ago when he was diagnosed with covid.

Also they can't prone him anymore because of the subcutaneous emphysema as well as significant eyelid/scleral edema.

Also vascular is now consulted because they can't find pulses in his left leg. He's now on a heparin drip so it's only a matter of time before neuro gets called back in to consult for a brain bleed.

This is how you die from covid, btw. just death by a thousand cuts.

I feel like this is the sort of stuff they'd be blasting on the evening news if they wanted to scare people into doing something

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Platystemon posted:

In general, I don’t trust pseudovirus results as far as I can throw, given the divergence we’ve seen compared to authentic virus, but when certain vaccines are getting smoked that badly, it’s probably a bad sign

The University of Oxford was ineffective in terms of VE Infection much earlier in the pandemic, which was a harbinger of what happened later to all the other vaccines including Moderna.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

That’s actually a very apt comparison, as long as you point out the next part where everybody sees the mustache and says “ah we don’t like pigeons but this guy’s a fuckin cool guy, all the papers have been sayin how cool small winged guys with mustaches are and how they aren’t like pigeons at all and how they’ll never, ever put bird poo poo on your stuff and how we should all not only welcome them into our homes, but also place them in the homes of loved ones and strangers alike. Everyone should and will have one of these cool little guys in their house within the next two months and everyone’s lives will be improved by their presence.”

Also having bird poo poo on their stuff kills or maims some untold percentage of the population and causes a complete collapse of the healthcare infrastructure, I don’t know, it’s not my simile.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I know surgical masks don’t protect the wearer from inflow but do they still contain enough that the wearer is spreading less? I would imagine no

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Petey posted:

ty so much for this post. I had found some of the valved stuff but obviously that doesn't fly in many situations. Airpop says that their masks filter 99.3% of <2.5um , and has the test results from SGS up, which is one reason I've been such a fan for a long time, but I do sometimes worry about the earloop seal since I suspect that's the bigger threat vector (I wish they made a headband model), hence why i sometimes switch to the aura if i'm going to be wearing one for a long time and have to worry about anything loosening

i'm surprised no american distributors carry the 9330

in situations where an aura or an airpop isn't safe i'll probably just wear my elastomeric but i figured "well if there is an aura equivalent that's an a n99 and a few cents more i'll buy that"

appreciate you running it to ground, this should be linked in the op imho

For completeness, have this companion post:

Professor Beetus posted:

Quick searching did not turn up any p100s that don't have exhalation valves and were not elastomerics, but I take your word that they exist. I might check out the masks section in the CSPAM thread but personally feel like vaxxed/n95 is more than enough, especially since we are still limiting our exposure to other people and enclosed spaces as much as is reasonably possible.

In case anyone wants elastomerics, this is the full list of NIOSH‐approved non‐valved elastomeric respirators.

They approve mask/filter combinations, so there are really only four models:

MSA Advantage 290
MSA Advantage 900
GVS Elipse NonValved
Dentec 400 NX

The first three use the molds of a valved model, so they look like they have valve covers, but there is no valve underneath and exhalation goes through the filters. You may get hassled about them.

The Dentec 400 NX is more distinctive, but, well, I’ll let you decide.

Here is the page to search by other criteria.

I can find one valveless FFRs (i.e. the disposable mask‐like type) with N100 protection, Shenyang Baianda Safety Co.’s Model EF600.

No one imports and sells it, so far as I can tell.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

praying for all of you in schools today

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

i've decided i'm gonna get covid

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Platystemon posted:

The model you linked is more or less the equivalent of the one that everyone in America is getting from Home Depot.

Those are the “bad” straps, and now that you mention it, I don’t think 3M sells any Auras in Europe with braided straps.

drat. Oh well, I'll get a pack for my dad anyway, he's very annoyed with the other FFP2s I've been buying, they get too damp and fog his glasses.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Real Mean Queen posted:

Exactly. Either the doomers in the respirators are wrong, or the people at the applebees have done something unconscionable. We have to be wrong in order for them to maintain their view of themselves as intelligent, moral human beings. Our saying “gently caress this” and wearing scary masks and not going to Christmas is, on some level, an attack on that. Me gearing up good and hunkering in the bunker can correctly be interpreted as me saying that I think there’s something wrong with doing less.

On top of everything else that covid is, it’s a morality problem, and people often respond to perceived slights to their moral character with extreme hostility. How many times has a dude who doesn’t give to homeless charities told you to give money to charities instead of directly to homeless people? That’s not about approaching the problem in a better way, it’s about the guy squaring his personal indifference against somebody who takes action and makes the first guy feel weird for not doing anything. The good thing has to be bad, actually, or the guy doing nothing is going to have to acknowledge some things about himself that he doesn’t want to acknowledge.

I often walk by a bar I used to go to every night, and I see a lot of people I used to hang out with every night, and it’s slightly tense now. We’re long past the point where they ask if I’m going to join them, we barely even wave any more. They’ve all had to find ways to believe that it’s fine to crowd around a table and breathe into each other, I’ve made it pretty clear that I won’t be joining them in that belief, so that’s pretty much it. We have mutually exclusive views about what the world is and how a person should behave in it. I mostly had good relationships with these people and I don’t wish them any harm, but if I’m ever going to come back and hang out with them, it won’t be soon.

Somebody has to be wrong here. The thing is bad or it isn’t, and if it is, that means it’s been bad to pretend it isn’t bad all this time. That’s a pretty heavy idea, I totally understand why people are coming up with reasons why they can’t possibly be culpable in any of it, but I can’t join them in that. The bar was empty when I walked by earlier tonight. It’s cold, but that doesn’t usually stop anybody. Maybe they’re thinking about it again. I hope so.

Well you see this is all well and good but I ordered take out for a while instead of going to restaurants and I got like at least 2 vaccinations so I did everything, literally everything right gently caress YOU for saying I am not perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

blue squares posted:

I know surgical masks don’t protect the wearer from inflow but do they still contain enough that the wearer is spreading less? I would imagine no

The blue surgical mask are better in this respect than than cotton camo neck gaiters that Chuds seems to love.

In the current environment, a N95/KN94 is a minimal level of protection I'd recommend.