Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Invisible kid
Never see what he did
Got stuck where he hid
Fallen through the grid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

a cop once wrongfully tore apart my car for drugs id never had nor would ever have in 107 degree weather for over an hour interrogating me and threatening me including having their dog act like it was going to attack me and saying "he smells the drugs admit it or you're going away for a long time". But the worst part of the day is that pig gently caress saying that I "look kind of like that Metallica drummer" also adding "he's a druggie too".

I like Metallica but Lars isn't even the best drummer in that band, he's such a talentless dude.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

That documentary about Some Kind of Monster is high quality comedy, it’s on par with Spinal Tap.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

Invisible kid
Never see what he did
Got stuck where he hid
Fallen through the grid

Fran-tic-tic-tock

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

James telling the band they need to get away from guitar solos

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Eat My Fuc posted:

a cop once wrongfully tore apart my car for drugs id never had nor would ever have in 107 degree weather for over an hour interrogating me and threatening me including having their dog act like it was going to attack me and saying "he smells the drugs admit it or you're going away for a long time"

same but it was like 80 degrees. as a bonus he tore apart my and the other three people's luggage too

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a police man tore up my car too but it really was his car all along. after finding out, He was madder than a hornet

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Just ask the FBI, it’s in all in the file. You filthy pigs.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

A couple of days after 9/11 in college three of my friends were investigated by the FBI because they went to film a time lapse of a bridge and according to some rear end in a top hat they “looked Muslim.”

FBI took all of their video tapes, these were three film majors, so some poor jerk at the FBI had to comb through hours of student film footage looking for I guess Al Qaeda recruitment footage.

The best part was they had a roommate name was like 2 letters off of Bin Laden. It was like Ben Lande or something like that. I’m not making that last part up.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

did you make the rest up?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

jobs are so funny lol. i show up to work like 2/3 of the time, and gently caress off in a cube for 2-3 hours every day and i constantly get shouted out by leadership and given suck off jobs and mini promotions & raises. it’s so loving stupid. emf you will find something and get outta the rut my man it’s just luck and timing.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

yea ok posted:

They did. The Stroker Ace is one of our forums’ most notorious tricksters.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

yea ok posted:

jobs are so funny lol. i show up to work like 2/3 of the time, and gently caress off in a cube for 2-3 hours every day and i constantly get shouted out by leadership and given suck off jobs and mini promotions & raises. it’s so loving stupid. emf you will find something and get outta the rut my man it’s just luck and timing.

I just got a glowing review at work, specifically because I look for things to do when caught up and my supervisor "doesn't have to worry about you kicking your feet up for most of the day when daily tasks are done"

the former is true, lmao at the latter cause that's what I've been doing most of the time when I'm wfh. I just work so quickly that I can pretend I'm stretching poo poo out.

also I'm very quick to respond to emails and teams messages so it looks like i'm always paying attention. which I am while I watch twitch or youtube.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

toil is evil. Free yourself from toil and goodness will follow.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I did my first intake interview for a veteran looking to get a new home to stay at. It was like putting on a glove - lot of hold over from my previous job doing SNAP intake reviews. I am loving the laid back atmosphere here.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Critical posted:

I just got a glowing review at work, specifically because I look for things to do when caught up and my supervisor "doesn't have to worry about you kicking your feet up for most of the day when daily tasks are done"

the former is true, lmao at the latter cause that's what I've been doing most of the time when I'm wfh. I just work so quickly that I can pretend I'm stretching poo poo out.

I have played an ungodly amount of PS4 and Xbox during work hours since WFH, and everything still gets done on time. makes u think

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i recommend taking a nap every day during wfh work hours, especially during lunch hours

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I have played an ungodly amount of PS4 and Xbox during work hours since WFH, and everything still gets done on time. makes u think

only reason I haven't been doing this is because I was not totally sure my laptop didn't have hidden activity tracking software on it. our it guy is pretty competent so i played it safe until I got my review and found out I don't have to be touching it every waking moment

planning on refreshing my workstation once I move and getting a kvm switch so I can flip from my work pc to my personal with a hotkey. and if i get a monitor with pbp I can see both at the same time

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'd like to shoutout the switch lite for making interminable conference calls livable. Turn off the camera, remove pants, absently say uh huh occasionally, boom the business is done

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

graph posted:

i recommend taking a nap every day during wfh work hours, especially during lunch hours

I have also taken a massive amount of naps.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm plotting my next nap as we speak

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
some days ill take more than one

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mid/late 2020 was insane, I’d sleep for 3 hours in the middle of the day and do more work when I woke up. I think I was more depressed than anything

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Finished Dishonored. It was pretty good

Finally finished a game of Civ VI. I lost due to diplomacy points right before I would have gotten the science victory but I learned a lot about how da game works. Gonna watch/listen to the Youtube person That DICK! linked

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

When I still had a cubicle, I'd sleep under my desk. a rolled up sport coat makes a great pillow if you believe in your own justice.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

yea ok posted:

I actually made up the last part.

Boom, pranked.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I like Final Fantasy 15 a lot. Probably more than it deserves but I play it a whole lot more than the other Final Fantasy games

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

FFXV is probably my favorite Final Fantasy I've played to date. The story is dumb as hell and works completely on dream logic but its compelling enough to drag a boy king and his dipshits through the woods and hills.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

yea ok posted:

thank you my friend.

Also I love FFXV, the weird secret platforming dungeon is so good, getting there feels like breaking the game kind of the flying car is so glitchy.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Mid/late 2020 was insane, I’d sleep for 3 hours in the middle of the day and do more work when I woke up. I think I was more depressed than anything

oh jeez yeah late 2020 was real bad

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Standing outside the hospital waiting to hear if my mom’s got covid, send your good thoughts and prayers to NineNoob.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NienNunb posted:

Standing outside the hospital waiting to hear if my mom’s got covid, send your good thoughts and prayers to NineNoob.

Prayin hard for ya fam my friend.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

NienNunb posted:

poo poo, hope things work out okay :smith:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I played FF XV for 72 hours. Got the Platinum trophy. Then I promptly wondered why I bothered. It was good while I played it but it feels like such a 'play it and forget it' game in hindsight.
I did however like that the last boss was basically the girl from 'The Grudge' except a guy. He might be my favorite Final Fantasy villain.

NienNunb posted:

I can only hope that things will work out for the best. Moms are very important. May good fortune befall you.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Hope she's alright mate. :(

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

NienNunb posted:

Best of luck friend, that really sucks. You are in my thoughts and do not open your discord DMs from me during these trying times

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Hope things work out for you and yours.

I am really back into Ghost of Tsushima. I think I'm gonna stand this game like JRU stands all of the Yakuza series. It's not talked about enough as far as I'm concerned. It is possibly the best looking game with consistent quality I've ever seen. The load times on the Director's Cut on PS5 don't exist. If you've not gotten this game and you can play it PS5 or otherwise you should right away.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Gl to Noobmom

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Hope everything works out for known rebellion hero’s mom. Mine just had to take a test and luckily it came back negative, hope hers does too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Sending good vibes to the woman who birthed a hero, MamaNoob.