Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gambor
Oct 24, 2005

Marluxia posted:

I'm not sure how people think it could have been written any better.

The main change I would have made is to not have Liandrin push for the gentling before Moiraine shows up. That way, you show her seeing an opportunity and taking it. Maybe have another sister pushing for it to provoke the exposition on what Reds are, or figure out another way to fit in the "These are what the Ajahs do" talk.

Marluxia posted:

How was Siuan supposed to deflect it? No matter what, she had to hold trial on what Alanna, Liandrin and Moiraine did, which I'll note, Liandrin was the one who kept whispering to the other sister about prematurely gentling Logain AND took the reins on actually doing it after the aftermath, while everyone was afraid. So no matter what, Liandrin always gets an opportunity to raise the issue. Siuan can't just shut her down because of the point raised that she might be favouring her old ajah. So she had to outright ask Moiraine.
If you want to show that Siuan is also good at politics you might, for example, have her chastise Moiraine first for her extended time away from the tower and out of contact, remark on how if she did a better job of keeping in touch they could have had her deliberately meet up with the caravan, and thank the light that the Wheel saw fit to deliver someone who was able to save so many lives when she was needed. Then move on to what will happen to the other sisters. Then Liandrin can get out of punishment in some other way, perhaps by forcing Siuan to let it go or set a precedent that even Reds can't make the decision to gentle a man who has killed Aes Sedai.

As for Maigan and Moiraine, my complaints don't lie with them much. At least not in terms of the writing. They needed to lose so they lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

anyways i love this look

https://twitter.com/Wiki_of_Time/status/1473746436747448322
https://twitter.com/Wiki_of_Time/status/1473747694736707586

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Gambor posted:

Then Liandrin can get out of punishment in some other way

I feel like I need to re-emphasise that Liandrin does not get out of punishment. She's still getting punished. What she's getting out of this is damage to Moiraine and the blues.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

CainFortea posted:

given another image in that tweet thread...

It sure seems like it.

They really casted him perfectly. Is that Agelmar's chair?

LTT looks great too, I love it.

Gambor
Oct 24, 2005

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

I feel like I need to re-emphasise that Liandrin does not get out of punishment. She's still getting punished. What she's getting out of this is damage to Moiraine and the blues.

There has been no indication of that on the show.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i don't know if demonstrating a lack of object permanence really helps your case exactly

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gambor posted:

There has been no indication of that on the show.

Siuan told Liandrin she was going to think on her penance, she's still getting punished

Gambor
Oct 24, 2005

Johnny Joestar posted:

i don't know if demonstrating a lack of object permanence really helps your case exactly

Yeah, I tend to go by a rule of if a work of fiction doesn't indicate in any way that a thing happened, I don't assume that thing happened. It's wild.

Regardless, it doesn't matter because what she's really getting is a win in front of the audience. Even if I'm wrong and she is being punished, an alternate version where what she gets is out of punishment instead of damage to the Blues accomplishes the same thing. It shows the audience that she's a political threat.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

siuan feeling like she has to issue a punishment for an emergency gentling of a guy who literally killed somebody is holding the idiot ball for plot reasons

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Gambor posted:

Yeah, I tend to go by a rule of if a work of fiction doesn't indicate in any way that a thing happened, I don't assume that thing happened. It's wild.

Regardless, it doesn't matter because what she's really getting is a win in front of the audience. Even if I'm wrong and she is being punished, an alternate version where what she gets is out of punishment instead of damage to the Blues accomplishes the same thing. It shows the audience that she's a political threat.

it's literally in the text of the show, go back and re-watch with subtitles on lmao

but it is very funny to double down about something you think wasn't in the show that very definitely was, i'll give you that

Gambor
Oct 24, 2005

eke out posted:

it's literally in the text of the show, go back and re-watch with subtitles on lmao

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

To put it succinctly, "That woman's a snake"? :v:

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Gambor posted:

Ah well, nevertheless,

Gambor
Oct 24, 2005

goethe.cx posted:

Ah well, nevertheless,

Indeed, just so

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

So, according to a new interview with an Amazon Exec:

Interivew posted:

TVLINE: How soon after a show like Wheel of Time premieres do you at the office see things trending in such a very right direction?
Vernon Sanders We track our content in a number of ways, and I have to say, Wheel of Time has just been so fantastic. It’s fantastic to see not only the huge numbers of people who have checked it out, but since the incredible premiere we’ve also tracked tremendous growth, which is extraordinarily encouraging for the future of this show. New people are coming on board and checking the show out, new people are tracking it week-to-week…. And we are seeing those same patterns not only in the U.,S. but across the globe. In layman’s terms, it’s a show that has great staying power.

TVLINE: So, no drop-off from viewership of the premiere to Episode 3? People are sticking around?
Vernon Sanders: The metrics that were released by Nielsen, obviously those were just for the first three episodes, but we are seeing not only incredible retention but in some metrics we are seeing incredible growth.

So, it sounds like WoT is actually picking up steam rather than losing it.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

CainFortea posted:

given another image in that tweet thread...

It sure seems like it.

Lol this motherfucker

Dingleberry2
Jul 23, 2001

Is that a wolf on the chair?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I wonder if anyone is going to go batshit that LTT is a black man in this rendition.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

HUGE spoilers do not click

https://twitter.com/TaraBenAuthor/status/1473767874829246464

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

I clicked. I have no regrets.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

:stonk: they're coming

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Hexel posted:

:stonk: they're coming

It's bad rear end.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Hollismason posted:

It's bad rear end.

okay so re: above spoilers

no a'dam and no obvious sul'dams?? and wtf is in their mouths

actually the collars must be adams i guess, just hard to see

eke out fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Dec 22, 2021

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

I've poo-pooed a lot of the costumes in this show so far.

I'm not poo-pooing that.

drat it owns

Edit:this could apply to any of those mysterious links. They all have me pumped

Gambor
Oct 24, 2005

Hollismason posted:

It's bad rear end.

Scary looking for sure. Stoked to see what they look like in motion.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

eke out posted:

no a'dam and no obvious marath damane?? and wtf is in their mouths

Are the a’dam brass gags now? What the poo poo :stare:

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

eke out posted:

The mouthpiece/gag looks like it might be connected to, or at least the same material as, a collar that's hard to see. The Sul'dam behind them have big bracelets of the same material. Looks like no leashes, but I imagine no matter how long the leashes are that'd be a pain to deal with while filming

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Honestly, I don't think Siaun was ever anything particularly special at politics, so her getting outmaneuvered there isn't really that bad.

Prior to Egwene she was the youngest person ever to be chosen for the Amyrlin Seat, and as I understand it the main criteria behind her being elected to the Amyrlin Seat were "The past three Amyrlins have died of 'natural causes' after relatively short terms of office, so let's elect somebody young who will have the chance for a long period of stability" with an undercurrent of "... and if she dies of 'natural causes' after a short term in office then we'll know that somebody is murdering Amyrlins."

She's not incompetent, but I've always felt that she was very much a blunt instrument as far as Amyrlins go.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

eke out posted:

They look kind of like mouthguards built into the chest piece. So they're symbolically gagged, if not literally. And the sul'dam have the more decorative masks at the back that would still let them speak. I dig it. Looks much more like prisoners rather then kinksters

Dingleberry2
Jul 23, 2001

Do not look like insects, gently caress this show.

And do the ball gags satisfy the spanking quota?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Strom Cuzewon posted:

They look kind of like mouthguards built into the chest piece. So they're symbolically gagged, if not literally. And the sul'dam have the more decorative masks at the back that would still let them speak. I dig it. Looks much more like prisoners rather then kinksters

yeah i guess the sul'dams are just dressed like the soldiers they are. or are the two with the elaborate masks on top

also the damane look completely non-horny thank god, no sheer dresses or whatever the book poo poo is

eke out fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Dec 22, 2021

Gambor
Oct 24, 2005

Khizan posted:

Honestly, I don't think Siaun was ever anything particularly special at politics, so her getting outmaneuvered there isn't really that bad.

Prior to Egwene she was the youngest person ever to be chosen for the Amyrlin Seat, and as I understand it the main criteria behind her being elected to the Amyrlin Seat were "The past three Amyrlins have died of 'natural causes' after relatively short terms of office, so let's elect somebody young who will have the chance for a long period of stability" with an undercurrent of "... and if she dies of 'natural causes' after a short term in office then we'll know that somebody is murdering Amyrlins."

She's not incompetent, but I've always felt that she was very much a blunt instrument as far as Amyrlins go.

She had a blunt style for sure, but I think it was pretty well established in Salidar that she knew what she was doing. Not to mention that Egwene sees her as a mentor figure in that regard. I agree that it would be difficult to point to a scene or thing she did as an individual political masterpiece though so to each their own I guess.

Dingleberry2
Jul 23, 2001

Gambor posted:

She had a blunt style for sure, but I think it was pretty well established in Salidar that she knew what she was doing. Not to mention that Egwene sees her as a mentor figure in that regard. I agree that it would be difficult to point to a scene or thing she did as an individual political masterpiece though so to each their own I guess.

She told each Sitter of the Hall that she was going to marry off Leane to a different ruler, and then when Leane got angry and confronted her she knew who the Black Ajah was, and cut off their beards.

Gambor
Oct 24, 2005

Dingleberry2 posted:

She told each Sitter of the Hall that she was going to marry off Leane to a different ruler, and then when Leane got angry and confronted her she knew who the Black Ajah was, and cut off their beards.

Are you ok?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

eke out posted:

Yeah, and the women standing directly behind them with the giant gold bracelets are probably the Sul'dam

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

gently caress yeah this rules.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

eke out posted:

yeah i guess the sul'dams are just dressed like the soldiers they are. or are the two with the elaborate masks on top

also the damane look completely non-horny thank god, no sheer dresses or whatever the book poo poo is

It was the servants (da'covale) who wore the sheer dresses, the damane just wore boring gray ones

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

CainsDescendant posted:

The mouthpiece/gag looks like it might be connected to, or at least the same material as, a collar that's hard to see. The Sul'dam behind them have big bracelets of the same material. Looks like no leashes, but I imagine no matter how long the leashes are that'd be a pain to deal with while filming

Elayne modified the one they had on Moghedien in Salidar to not need a leash, looks like they're going with that. Probably wise.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

goethe.cx posted:

It was the servants (da'covale) who wore the sheer dresses, the damane just wore boring gray ones

honestly i'd totally forgotten that there was a whole additional separate category of horny slavery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Gambor posted:

Are you ok?

It's a Game of Thrones reference