Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lil critter
May 28, 2013
Does anyone have updated (post-Delta) statistics about survival rates for young (under 40) patients who are put on a ventilator? Need them kind of urgently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

well it’s everywhere already not like we’re gonna infect more people on airplanes than indoor dining

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

lol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

let er rip

Goobish
May 31, 2011

recidivist posted:

Does anyone have updated (post-Delta) statistics about survival rates for young (under 40) patients who are put on a ventilator? Need them kind of urgently.

😞 guessing in another 1-3 weeks we'll start seeing more of that data? I don't know, all I'm seeing in the US news is about how mild it is and we need even less restrictions on quarantines now otherwise people might lie and go to work positive (actual thing CNN medical analyst said)

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

https://twitter.com/juan94812031/status/1474133615793655817?s=21

How Darwinian
Feb 27, 2011

:rubby:

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Severe covid symptoms taking 4-8 weeks to appear ha

drat shits about to get crazy huh

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
I hate crowds. Maybe covid really is good.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

I'm fuckin milding out over here

buffalo mild wings

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Additionally, the CDC recommends surgical N95s be worn only by healthcare personnel who need protection from both airborne and fluid hazards. These respirators are not used or needed outside of healthcare settings.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Salt Fish posted:

Whut?

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

E Depois do Adeus posted:

"lmao, owned," says increasingly nervous man for 69th time this year

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Zugzwang posted:

yeah my dad had to go to the hospital last week for a chronic illness-related thing. He sat on a hospital bed for 2 days in a hallway before he could get a room. He’ll be in outpatient care for like another week. Also my mom is immunosuppressed. It rules.

A couple days ago my husband had a biopsy and was under general. When the nurse brought him out she was dick nosing a cloth mask and had a rattling cough

Had a good run!*

*no I didn't

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Salt Fish posted:

Lol no, long covid will be portrayed as another roadblock to Normalcy that the media will collectively decide doesn't exist

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Strep Vote posted:

I hate crowds. Maybe covid really is good.

covid didn't get rid of crowds it just made them deadlier

Hibajubwa
Oct 30, 2003

KILL ALL HUMANS

Salt Fish posted:

poo poo's about to get MILD

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

facetoucher cat posted:

A couple days ago my husband had a biopsy and was under general. When the nurse brought him out she was dick nosing a cloth mask and had a rattling cough

Had a good run!*

*no I didn't

fuuuuuuck that’s some nightmare fuel right there

good luck

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

hauling my maskless kid on my shoulders to own myself in 2 weeks

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I can't wait for the Christmas miracle of covid disappearing this weekend

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Destiny’s Mild
Mild Mild West

facetoucher cat posted:

ugh, good luck

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Blitter posted:

loving D&D crowing over the UKHSA update with cherry picked and contextless "70% less likely to end up in hospital" while completely failing to understand anything at all. Yaneer having a real one trying to make this poo poo clear to people. Are journalists and people in general just to stupid to understand this or is it a wilful ignorance thing?

https://twitter.com/yaneerbaryam/status/1474091037861761026

They're genuinely that stupid.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

bedpan posted:

Additionally, the CDC recommends surgical N95s be worn only by healthcare personnel who need protection from both airborne and fluid hazards. These respirators are not used or needed outside of healthcare settings.

Man, in a just world the CDC would just be disbanded after this

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

icantfindaname posted:

Lol no, long covid will be portrayed as another roadblock to Normalcy that the media will collectively decide doesn't exist

Nothing to do with long covid, that's the infection-to-death timeline. 8 weeks is on the long side, mostly it has seemed to be more like 5 or 6 weeks. Probably a little quicker for delta. A patient who gets infected today who ends up dying from their infection will probably die around the end of January.

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo
Is there a good place online to get a 40 pack of the binaxnow test kits? Cant tell whats a scam or not.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Blitter posted:

loving D&D crowing over the UKHSA update with cherry picked and contextless "70% less likely to end up in hospital" while completely failing to understand anything at all. Yaneer having a real one trying to make this poo poo clear to people. Are journalists and people in general just to stupid to understand this or is it a wilful ignorance thing?

It's not ignorance but obvious, premeditated collusion in service of Capital and making number go up. It should be criminal

Side note, it's weird to me how much more common this sort of obvious media collusion/blackout stuff has become since 2016. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention before, but it's like some kind of death spiral where the less trust in the media there is the less the media feels obligated to even pretend they're not doing what they're doing

Kylaer posted:

Nothing to do with long covid, that's the infection-to-death timeline. 8 weeks is on the long side, mostly it has seemed to be more like 5 or 6 weeks. Probably a little quicker for delta. A patient who gets infected today who ends up dying from their infection will probably die around the end of January.

Ah yes, misunderstood the original post

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Dec 23, 2021

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Fly Molo posted:

fuuuuuuck that’s some nightmare fuel right there

good luck

Tks!

The carolers that came by last night were extra terrifying. We turned off the lights and TV until they went away. Tbf I might have done that in the before times too so, eh

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

I was saying booster

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Zugzwang posted:

Destiny’s Mild
Mild Mild West

ugh, good luck

Same! Hope it works out over there too

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

icantfindaname posted:

Man, in a just world the CDC would just be disbanded after this

Reading the terrible advice spurred me to buying two more boxes of duckbill n95 surgical respirators. Fluidshield and So-Soft lining!

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Escape Goat posted:

I was saying booster

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

...are we witnessing national suicide? because I don't know what else to call this. not to be too alarmist or anything but we should all take a minute to think about what this is gonna look like in month lol

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Just scheduled my girlfriend a rapid test appointment tomorrow morning.

She visited our landlord last Friday to drop off a rent check and visit (landlord is a family friend, cheap rent and zero fucks about pets, its a great deal). Landlord's whole family was visibly sick, said they all caught the flue. She left as soon as it was polite (about 10-15 minutes) but wasn't masked either. Both shots + booster (all Pfizer) at the beginning of November, so hopefully that all holds up. She's been tired and coughing often this week but neither of those are unusual for her.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Blitter posted:

seems bad

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Friend is having odd issues with her new envomask.

quote:

*** is having a weird issue with envo
[4:53 PM]
She wore it last night to go drop off a box of auras at a friend's house
[4:54 PM]
And
She said the mask got all wet????
She doesn't know why
She said the like
Plastic part got like condensation or something and then when she took the mask off, the water just went all over the filter
Do you know wtf that's about lol
[4:55 PM]
Is it bc it was cold outside and she's a mouth breather?
Bc she can't breathe through her nose

I have no idea what the problem could be, anyone got an idea?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

iirc it's not always the case but sometimes the people that end up dying look like they're recovering about a month or so after infection or symptoms start and then they suddenly crash and die in a matter of days. i think it's due to the virus making your body induce an autoimmune response and then your immune system kills you

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

bedpan posted:

I'll throw out a devils avacado here and suggest this might be referencing sterile masks? Considering the use of the word surgical. Though I'm not familiar with sterile face masks considering you can't 'sterilize' them and also you'd be wearing moonsuits if you need full body sterile surgeons.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

E Depois do Adeus posted:

...are we witnessing national suicide? because I don't know what else to call this. not to be too alarmist or anything but we should all take a minute to think about what this is gonna look like in month lol

very nation-centric of you to call it that; it's more of an ideological suicide affecting everyone infected with neoliberalism

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Shear Modulus posted:

iirc it's not always the case but sometimes the people that end up dying look like they're recovering about a month or so after infection or symptoms start and then they suddenly crash and die in a matter of days. i think it's due to the virus making your body induce an autoimmune response and then your immune system kills you

Oh yeah COVID in general has been doing that, I thought it was something new and omicron specific.

It's why you had people just falling over and dying in the early days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Asproigerosis posted:

I'll throw out a devils avacado here and suggest this might be referencing sterile masks? Considering the use of the word surgical. Though I'm not familiar with sterile face masks considering you can't 'sterilize' them and also you'd be wearing moonsuits if you need full body sterile surgeons.

in the context I grabbed it from, "surgical" just meant the mask was cleared as a medical device, not that it was sterile.

CDC is trying really, really hard to keep decent masks away from the people