Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Mild mustard gas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
https://discord.gg/89YTjXQc if you’re reading this thread and are therefore not with your poisonous family, come play jackbox with a bunch of goons. The r0 for fun is 8!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

gradenko_2000 posted:

Mild mustard gas

Enough about my farts

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Zisky posted:

Wondering how many goons itt folded and decided to see other people for Christmas.

Hanging out with father in law and stepmother in law, she's 80 and on humira for arthritis

She's talking over the livestream of Christmas Eve yet we were very quiet for her telling the kid about hannukah a few weeks back. Very rude!

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

died IN mustard gas, not OF mustard gas

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Rubby posted:

Happy Christmas!

Punk rockhopper

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

Mild mustard gas

grey or poupon for you, sir?

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
lol, NHL adding 1 extra day to their temporary pause from the covid outbreaks. Yeah, that'll solve it.
https://twitter.com/PR_NHL/status/1474515392441856007

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

Zisky posted:

Wondering how many goons itt folded and decided to see other people for Christmas.

Not me. Have to do a Zoom call with my wife's side of the family though. My MIL (who hates me because of COVID) and a cousin who just went on a cruise are going to be on it. Can't wait to be asked why I'm still unemployed when COVID is over.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
if .1% of today’s new Hawaii cases ends up in the ICU, they have no beds left

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Why Am I So Tired posted:

I would pay good money for a respirator that shoots disinfectant at anyone who gets too close.

i want mine to display cobra fangs mechanically as a warning then the snake mouth-like respirator squirts out disinfectant from a plastic pinhole where the disinfectant glands are

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

fermun posted:

lol, NHL adding 1 extra day to their temporary pause from the covid outbreaks. Yeah, that'll solve it.
https://twitter.com/PR_NHL/status/1474515392441856007

Nailed It

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Zisky posted:

Nope, chillin with my cat, some rum, and a mix of books and vidya games.

While I got the big family shindig cancelled, seems like everyone still decided to do smallish dinners as permitted by the oh-so-scientific provincial guidelines. :sigh:

I would legit trade a SecureClick for eggnog home delivery right now haha.

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

Lastgirl posted:

i want mine to display cobra fangs mechanically as a warning then the snake mouth-like respirator squirts out disinfectant from a plastic pinhole where the disinfectant glands are

lol imagining this with pinball machine quality sound effects

global tetrahedron
Jun 24, 2009

so my partner and i have been exposed, i bought just one of the iHealth test kits stupidly not knowing that if you’re asymptomatic you need to use two tests to get accurate results. so thats all we have right now and are asymptomatic.

do we have one of us take both tests to ensure it doesnt produce a false negative? since we share close quarters is it assumed we have a similar viral load if we’re in fact infected? also how inacurrate are these tests, esp with omicron

very cool that i need to come to the leftist shitpost thread on this instead of finding public health information issued by a government, lol and lmao and all that

lmao

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Pillowpants posted:

if .1% of today’s new Hawaii cases ends up in the ICU, they have no beds left

thanks mayor blangiardi!

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

inferis posted:

lol you can pause the video at any point and it looks like cases are declining

We're past the peak, it's mild! I definitely don't know why this happens, it's not like we've learned this over and over again for 2 years!

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

100% of convenience store employees (n=2) appreciated a free n95 from the crazy man muttering "it's worse than they're letting on"

The cashier said "I would like an n95. And I've already boosted." :-)

However my sister tested positive today and my moms been crying. :-(

There have been harder christmases. the first one for example

global tetrahedron
Jun 24, 2009

also thx goons for hookup to ihealth tests none of my family and friends can find any tests anywhere. got 10 coming in the mail now

Elea
Oct 10, 2012

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Well, I may have made it to holiday vacation without getting exposed. My respirator did not leave my face from car to car even if I was outside for the last two weeks. Time to huddle inside for the next two weeks and watch the shitshow unfold.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Wang Commander gets infected with Omicron and goes Super Saiyan

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i still feel like poo poo from the booster but i'm drinking a beer because fuckit, im not actually sick

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Super immunity sounds rad, let's all do it

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

there are probably at least 1 million people in america who believe you can catch covid from going outside in the rain without a hat

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Bullfrog posted:

there are probably at least 1 million people in america who believe you can catch covid from going outside in the rain without a hat

I mean rain is drops of liquid, and so are aerosols. So makes sense to me.

s0j
May 17, 2003

get fucked, round-eye
I got covid from riding a tractor in my bathing suit

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
the best part of the Honolulu mayor refusing to do anything at all as transmission spirals wildly out of control is that he said that he will take action when the hospitals are full. once they are full though. it’s a good thing that restrictions have an instant effect and stop people from needing to be hospitalized!! good thing there isn’t any type of time lag there!!!! good thing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

i can't get covid, im supersupersupersuperimmune

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Stereotype posted:

the best part of the Honolulu mayor refusing to do anything at all as transmission spirals wildly out of control is that he said that he will take action when the hospitals are full. once they are full though. it’s a good thing that restrictions have an instant effect and stop people from needing to be hospitalized!! good thing there isn’t any type of time lag there!!!! good thing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Working hard! mahalo

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
From r/news: Uncounted: Inaccurate death certificates across the country hide the true toll of COVID-19

quote:

“The Rankin County coroner said he wrestles with family members who first argue against citing COVID-19 on death certificates, then reverse course when they learn that the federal government pays for burials of people who die from the coronavirus.”

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

lol fair.

It really just doesn’t make sense to me. America has been willing to endure the equivalent of Axis losses at Stalingrad or both sides combined at Verdun for… what? I don’t understand a society that shuns collective sacrifice but then, as you said, is willing to do all this for Applebees.

You could ask a Poilu why he was holding on to his shellhole in Verdun. Whatever you believe about it, there was a feeling that the French Third Republic warranted the cost in human life. Trading lives for meters of French soil - even at an appalling rate - had a logic to the people ordering the sacrifice, those taking part in it, and those at home. The morale of the French Army and public was resolute, even at the height of the fighting at Verdun, and only started to buckle in 1917 when asked to make costly and unsuccessful attacks after being promised decisive victory by Nivelle.

In short - no price is too high for the right cause, but the same sacrifices can’t be asked to achieve nothing. If people feel ably led, they’ll go into the maelstrom, if they don’t, they’ll stay in their trench.

So - what about the economy is worth 800k American lives? Not just to those demanding it, but to those dying for it and others watching. When you see those kind of losses, you have to ask why. It’s easy enough to see why those who benefit the most are content to demand others die to uphold the social order, but I’m struggling to see what the economy offers the people being told to go boldly forth.

What do they think they’re dying for?

Stop reading officer's histories and start reading Barthas's memoir.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

:ok:

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

which kelly is this from

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Frosted Flake posted:

lol fair.

It really just doesn’t make sense to me. America has been willing to endure the equivalent of Axis losses at Stalingrad or both sides combined at Verdun for… what? I don’t understand a society that shuns collective sacrifice but then, as you said, is willing to do all this for Applebees.

You could ask a Poilu why he was holding on to his shellhole in Verdun. Whatever you believe about it, there was a feeling that the French Third Republic warranted the cost in human life. Trading lives for meters of French soil - even at an appalling rate - had a logic to the people ordering the sacrifice, those taking part in it, and those at home. The morale of the French Army and public was resolute, even at the height of the fighting at Verdun, and only started to buckle in 1917 when asked to make costly and unsuccessful attacks after being promised decisive victory by Nivelle.

In short - no price is too high for the right cause, but the same sacrifices can’t be asked to achieve nothing. If people feel ably led, they’ll go into the maelstrom, if they don’t, they’ll stay in their trench.

So - what about the economy is worth 800k American lives? Not just to those demanding it, but to those dying for it and others watching. When you see those kind of losses, you have to ask why. It’s easy enough to see why those who benefit the most are content to demand others die to uphold the social order, but I’m struggling to see what the economy offers the people being told to go boldly forth.

What do they think they’re dying for?

they’re not the one dying so they don’t give a gently caress, op.

hope this helps

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Zantie posted:

Here's something a little more festive. Sorry if you're colorblind.

https://i.imgur.com/TlQWVFB.mp4
lmaooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
if the pandemic was causing buildings to fall over people sure as hell would care.