Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

DC Murderverse posted:

I know I’m not in this league but I’m playing fantasy basketball and this is the only thread it seems to be appropriate for

I took a big risk going after some high risk guys and it has absolutely blown up in my face. It’s a leave where it tallies double-doubles instead of turnovers so I decided to take the Fun Big Guys approach and picked up LeBron, Giannis, Zion and Ben Simmons and I absolutely shat myself during the first month. I got really lucky on some wire guys (picked up Will Barton and Jalen Brunson and now Bobby Portis is exploding) but every time I look at my totally full up 4 IL slots I just sigh

I don’t need advice or anything feel free to laugh at my dumb hubris

I have been playing Yahoo and this league because
1) I can try out different approaches and see what happens
2) If one team gets decimated by back luck injuries it's not a complete wash

I think we have one team you could take over - the Washington Generals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

kalensc posted:

Is the NYK focus just due to you streaming multiple roster spots and there being few games scheduled tonight?

Yeah, drafted Rose and the other two are just to get in as many games as possible.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

DC Murderverse posted:

I know I’m not in this league but I’m playing fantasy basketball and this is the only thread it seems to be appropriate for

I took a big risk going after some high risk guys and it has absolutely blown up in my face. It’s a leave where it tallies double-doubles instead of turnovers so I decided to take the Fun Big Guys approach and picked up LeBron, Giannis, Zion and Ben Simmons and I absolutely shat myself during the first month. I got really lucky on some wire guys (picked up Will Barton and Jalen Brunson and now Bobby Portis is exploding) but every time I look at my totally full up 4 IL slots I just sigh

It's funny although you might also roll over the second half of your league if it's long enough.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

did somebody forget that kemba isnt actually playing anymore

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Yeah I knew he was out of rotation but misread his player page. "38 points in his last game? I'll take that" I said, not noticing that it was on 11/26 and assuming I'd missed something.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

DC Murderverse posted:

Dang lucky you have so many IR slots though

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

DeimosRising posted:

Dang lucky you have so many IR slots though

Hadn't noticed that part, yeah no kidding. There's been many many nights recently where a 3rd or 4th (or 5th!) IR slot would have been dandy.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Ugh last-minute injury listing sucks. Especially when you have other guys playing who you could have covered that spot.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

kalensc posted:

Hadn't noticed that part, yeah no kidding. There's been many many nights recently where a 3rd or 4th (or 5th!) IR slot would have been dandy.

Seriously. Maybe we should at least add one given all the injuries that have happened.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

kalensc posted:

Yeah we started with 2 a few years ago but added a third last year for COVID and this year added one of those IR+ slots that Yahoo added which is really handy because it’s can be used on those days where one of your GDT guys is out at the last minute, you can just stash him and grab someone else for the night (which has really helped me with as many guys as I have that occasionally sit out one game in a back-to-back like Mike Conley)

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Rick posted:

Seriously. Maybe we should at least add one given all the injuries that have happened.

Seems fair, if the majority are in agreement.

It'll allow folks decimated by injuries to gain another spot for streaming. Behold the Rise of Taj (Gibson's roster%).

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
https://strawpoll.com/eaefg3z9o

Here's a poll for it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Also, as of last week, they apparently added a new setting that should hopefully increase access to players. If you stream someone, they are available to be picked up as free agents by other GMs. Only players who have been rostered longer than 24 hours go on waivers.

I just made this change because it sounds like what everyone has been asking for this whole time, but if there's a problem we can change this back.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

God I’m getting brutalized

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

lol I’ve lost Bam and now Jerami Grant on my Yahoo team. Ouch.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Red Rox posted:

Someone made a voodoo doll of your fantasy team and is breaking the thumbs.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Introducing NO EXCUSES NOEL

There will be enough IR spots to make sure everyone can replace their injured players.

I am going to change the waiver wire back to the old way for the next 48 only just to make sure everyone has an equal chance at adding players.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Okay, lots of IR spots now, we'll probably go back to 2 during the all star break or at least the playoffs.

Red Rox posted:

Jesus, man. I didn't just flip the switch on the IR thing a few days ago because I didn't want it to seem self-serving; your injury luck was worse than mine. Bad beat, sorry about that.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

For those wondering, it seems like you can shift players to IR without issue on the website, but the app may not provide the option initially. Perhaps I missed it though, since it's there for me now.

I figured that folks would want to re-obtain solid players that they recently had to cut due to lack of IR space. To avoid an issue where time zones and sleep schedules created an unfair advantage, I've picked a few of them up and submitted a 1-for-0 trade to the appropriate manager.

Clearly I should have had my coffee first, cause I could have simply used commish powers to put those injured players on rosters, rather than burn my full allotment of weekly player additions. :smith:

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

kalensc posted:

For those wondering, it seems like you can shift players to IR without issue on the website, but the app may not provide the option initially. Perhaps I missed it though, since it's there for me now.

I figured that folks would want to re-obtain solid players that they recently had to cut due to lack of IR space. To avoid an issue where time zones and sleep schedules created an unfair advantage, I've picked a few of them up and submitted a 1-for-0 trade to the appropriate manager.

Clearly I should have had my coffee first, cause I could have simply used commish powers to put those injured players on rosters, rather than burn my full allotment of weekly player additions. :smith:

lol i was just looking over rosters and was like why the gently caress does kalensc have a dozen people on ir

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Rick posted:

Okay, lots of IR spots now, we'll probably go back to 2 during the all star break or at least the playoffs.

Jesus, man. I didn't just flip the switch on the IR thing a few days ago because I didn't want it to seem self-serving; your injury luck was worse than mine. Bad beat, sorry about that.

Ha yeah I could have used a couple extra injury and acquisition slots this week! Doncic, Butler, Lavine and OG are out, PJ Washington cant stay healthy, and I had to give up on Precious.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Red Rox posted:

Ha yeah I could have used a couple extra injury and acquisition slots this week! Doncic, Butler, Lavine and OG are out, PJ Washington cant stay healthy, and I had to give up on Precious.

If you had someone on your roster for multiple weeks (i.e. not streaming) but had to drop them recently due to insufficient IR spots then let me know and I'll put them on your roster again without you using a transaction.

Meanwhile....yikes

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
It would be fitting if my two best weeks were Week 1 vs the Generals and this week vs Omicron.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

The league (among many other institutions) is being ridiculous for playing these games during this Omicron surge.

But since they are going ahead, and some/most rosters in our fantasy group are losing a player or two every day this week, I bumped the transaction limit up from 7 to 14.

This increase is like the increase in IR slots, in that its specifically due to Omicron and the unpredictable lineups teams are using. So if you're "streaming" then please try to aim for the standard 7 swaps per week, and reserve the other 7 for covid-related absences.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
"I'll remember to clear someone from my roster tomorrow to get Cade active"

Spoiler: I didn't.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I can’t believe how much you’ve caught up to me. I spoke too soon for sure. It was bound to even out

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

The Maestro posted:

I can’t believe how much you’ve caught up to me. I spoke too soon for sure. It was bound to even out

Well it helps that Steph took the night off lol.

But the schedules are really weird this year. The league basically punting Monday and Wednesday every week is causing some crazy runs.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
True. Stupid strict Canadian covid protocols!

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
My team is fraudulent as gently caress and now that AD has succumbed to the lengthy injury that I knew in my heart would come to pass, the depths of my fraudulence shall be exposed for all MiddleEarth to see

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
https://www.fleaflicker.com/help/schedule-changes-week-15

I don't know exactly how they plan to do this but be aware that last week's results are apparently not final.

rivetz posted:

My team is fraudulent as gently caress and now that AD has succumbed to the lengthy injury that I knew in my heart would come to pass, the depths of my fraudulence shall be exposed for all MiddleEarth to see

Thank you for saving me from myself here.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

e: i actually cannot tell at all which games that even refers to so hopefully it helps me and makes everyone else mad imo

Ghost Dog fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Dec 20, 2021

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

I suppose they mean games like NOP@Phi from this past Sunday. Josh Hart was in my starting line-up and while the game didn't occur, his score is blank rather than 0 or ---.

Given their announcement I'd expect to see game results for players like Mills, Graham, and Hart eventually end up being included in the Week 9 totals.

It made sense to bench a player if you knew their game was postponed, since you'd expect the fantasy league to edit the date/time to a future date.

We'll have to wait and see how it all shakes out, but commish tools should let us make fair edits if necessary.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I've been trying to decide for an hour while working if Mitchell Robinson giving me either 5 or 50 points was better than Wayne Ellington giving a consistent 20 (I'd obviously choose Robinson if I planned to have this player on my roster long term) so thank you for removing that choice from me.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Man im too busy to keep track of everything this week, but seems like im not the only one - some pretty crazy points differentials this week.

I really loving hate the median thing but maybe that’s just cause im always on the wrong side of it haha. It makes it so that even when I win I still lose.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Yeah I would be inclined to vote against it returning next season.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i think ive still been under the median more than over it and I've really liked it, gave me a reason to check the league at all when my team was scoring only slightly more than the two completely unpiloted teams lol

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

pro median gang checkin in

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

EmotionlessThug posted:

pro median gang checkin in

Ditto

I'll check what results would be without median over the holidays but I feel like it'd be fairly unchanged

Big difference is having something incentivizing you to lineup tinker even if way behind or ahead

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Love that I couldn't do anything at all today because Bobby Portis was marked healthy between the time I went to bed and woke up and that my waiver failed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Ah but don't worry I ccan make another move at . . . 4:00 AM.