Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Big Bizness posted:

Remako is old, grab Satsuki's upscale pack. He started with AI upscales then manually went through and cleaned stuff up to look even nicer. It has not only field backgrounds but cutscenes, spell effects, battle scene textures and more. It's good
https://forum.tsunamods.com/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=39&p=693#p693

decided to get a head start on one of my gamer resolutions for 2k22: Play Final Fantasy VII

i installed this mod and it looks awesome. blends really well with the original models, FMVs look great, sound is excellent.. highly recommend

the funniest option is "Hide Vanilla 3D Models Mouths" bc otherwise everyone will have their mouth wide open forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the funniest option is "Hide Vanilla 3D Models Mouths" bc otherwise everyone will have their mouth wide open forever

lmao. do they usually look like that and it's just difficult to see under normal circumstances? I don't remember all the models looking like surprised legos

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

it's not like that on og ps1, but for whatever reason the steam version has the dumb "o" mouths as a default for nearly every character.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

maybe it's just not visible on ps1 because it's rendered at 240i or something.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Phantasium posted:

it's not like that on og ps1, but for whatever reason the steam version has the dumb "o" mouths as a default for nearly every character.

yeah. i only noticed after blowing up the first reactor when everyone's supposed to be in serious escape mode they're all :O

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

it's because the pc version is based on an earlier build of the game before they decided to remove the mouths

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao dungeon encounters theres a oneway teleporter jn the 5th stratum that leads to the 97th floor. i did it and run around for a bit and stepped ina trap and my whole party got teleported to random locations on random floors nf i have to track then all down again with my b squad. game's cool

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Frenz posted:

it's because the pc version is based on an earlier build of the game before they decided to remove the mouths

lol it makes such a difference

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Cloud and Tifa at the well (PC version)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Barret: Planet's dyin, cloud.

Cloud: ·.·

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

ArfJason posted:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bicyclops posted:

lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ArfJason posted:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

ArfJason posted:

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Cloud: Huh, turn over Barret, get a clean slate. Wow. Sounds like a pretty good deal. But I think I have a better one. How about... I activate the tutorial finger, highlighting the nearest exit to a save point, and I use the PHS to switch party members.

Reno *clicking a checkbox*: Ah, but Mr Strife, what good is a PHS if you are unable to speak.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

Cloud: Huh, turn over Barret, get a clean slate. Wow. Sounds like a pretty good deal. But I think I have a better one. How about... I activate the tutorial finger, highlighting the nearest exit to a save point, and I use the PHS to switch party members.

Reno *clicking a checkbox*: Ah, but Mr Strife, what good is a PHS if you are unable to speak.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Lmao

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Bicyclops posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

been mainlining dungeon encounters since i started it. this game is sick, but very difficult with a horrible punishment for dying. I cant stop playing it, just drat good rpg dungeon crawling with great enemy art and good fights

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff posted:

been mainlining dungeon encounters since i started it. this game is sick, but very difficult with a horrible punishment for dying. I cant stop playing it, just drat good rpg dungeon crawling with great enemy art and good fights

wait until you fall into a bottomless pit lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah! posted:

wait until you fall into a bottomless pit lmfao

lmao turns out this is only the second worst thng that can happen if you gently caress up a teleport everyone in your party gets sent to a random square somewhere in the dungeon and are set to wanderers. this game kicks rear end

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ps gently caress whoever desgned floor 92. 9 squares to go and i hate it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

a party member got cavied, they are a cute hamster that cant attack anymore and the only cure for it is one shrine in floor 97 that you have to take a very terrifying series of oneway teleports full of lv.99 encounters to get to

right after I cured the status and returned everyone to the floor I was at I ran into that enemy again and someone got cavied before I could even try to run. at this point the next gimmick is gonna be a guy coming out of my switch and stabbing me but I cannot stop playing lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

when I went to rescue them I had pitfall clairvoyance on and there were a couple, so not losing my entire party to the void was just complete blind luck lol

this game is so tight. every few floors you go through the loop of feeling underpowered, getting new items that trump the locals, destroying everything with AoE, and then being underpowered and scrappy again with increasingly weird and extreme enemies. im in the 50s and it's not getting old, this game was exhaustively playtested and finetuned and it owns

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/ThorHighHeels/status/1468275789640699904

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Picked up Romancing SaGa 3 in December after hearing imps talk about the series a bunch. Hoping they are like all JRPGS and I don't need to have played 1 and 2 lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
You don't need to have played 1 or 2. poo poo I still need to finish 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

Picked up Romancing SaGa 3 in December after hearing imps talk about the series a bunch. Hoping they are like all JRPGS and I don't need to have played 1 and 2 lol

They're all unrelated storywise