Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

TheDestructinator posted:

any recommendations for getting a boomer parent to upgrade masks? my mom has no problem wearing cloth masks with filters but refuses to wear the n95s or auras i've offered

so, cloth masks

have you tried giving her an aura and claiming it's a cloth mask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Too Many Birds posted:

where are you getting this from

https://pov-international.translate.goog/facebook-gruppe-saboterer-coronatestsystemet/?_x_tr_sl=da&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=da

The dude coordinating it is using his real name, a true genius.

PerniciousKnid posted:

Higher than the vaccination rate? That seems bad.

It includes two shots, though. Only 42% of Danes have been boosted.

Speaking of, it's starting to kick my rear end.

Pingui posted:

To correct this, breakthroughs are 85% of cases in the 12+ cohort. Said cohort is 88.2% fully vaccinated in Denmark (and half of those have 3 doses), so basically vaccination status doesn't change much as far as infections are concerned. But it isn't more likely to get infected if you are vaccinated.

Yeah, should have clarified, I was just :aaa: at that stat. What's the total proportion at right now? I remember that quaint time six months ago when they were touting 0.1% as some great success.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Dec 27, 2021

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Joementum posted:

:rip: Charlie Bucket's grandparents

that was some freaky poo poo going on there

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
Dear Penthouse Forum,

I never thought this would happen to me, but thanks Covid for helping me gently caress up a family Christmas!

This weekend we are with my wife's family. We are staying at her mother's and at her request we all did rapid tests before driving down. Went to her father's and all wore masks because they were not able to get rapid tests.

Tonight I really hurt my sister who for the past month has been looking forward to hosting a small Christmas get together for our side of the family this week. Tonight I asked if her family could get quick tested for us to come and she had a melt down, upset at my implication that the semi regular testing that various (but not all) members of her immediate and extended families have been doing is not sufficient for us.

I...get it. My sister really thinks that she's been doing all she can navigating Covid. Entire family of six is fully vaxxed and boosted. Last week she sent her daughters try to pick up tests (before this ask of mine today) and were out. My nephew is vaccinated and works as a cook but refused to go back to the restaurant after an outbreak (and tested negative), also last week. She and her husband feel extremely frustrated being in the middle of my fully vaxxed and Covid fearing family and her husband's vehemently antivax brother (good on the news of the middle underaged child somehow getting vaccinated over his mother's wishes but how can both the daughter and mother be respectively working in elderly and hospice care, get tested weekly, but not be required to vaccinate?). That side of the family wont be at this get together, but they did get together as usual on Christmas morning yesterday.

My sister was also still emotionally raw today at our (fully vaxxed, fully boosted) parents not willing to brave black ice either in their own car or my sister's kids picking up/dropping them off yesterday on Christmas Day. I...get it. I really do.

At this point she's beyond the point of any further suggestion/negotiation (my wife would go along with everyone being in K95 masks).

So at the monument I feel like a human formed piece of poo poo, telling her my family would not be able to come this week. My wife and I talked it over and our compromise position is for me to go wearing a K95 mask without her or our son. I will also be able to drive our parents both ways, who live close to me.

Thanks Covid for another wonderful holiday season!
Love,
Cheesus

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy-5zAtAmZE

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Strep Vote posted:

I've been isolating with my family since the kid escaped from the plague pit, doing p well. It snowed. I'm doing art and watching the birds. I'm sorry to everyone in the thread who's getting hit rn.

where are you rn? it was 55 degrees on xmas and it usually snows here. just wondering if i should be looking forward for snow in the midwest so i can stop thinking about climate and focus on one crisis at a time

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
meanwhile in Australia

Christmas Blackbirds deliver presents

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Cup Runneth Over posted:

ah, the supervillain counterpart to Max Titers, secret identity Wang Commander

Wang Commander is the Unbreakable to scary ghost dog's Mr. Glass

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Obviously it’s harder to home quarantine if you all live in a single room in a big pile.

attn lurkers: socially distant polycule is a good username

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

Cheesus posted:

Dear Penthouse Forum,

you're doing the right thing. it's lovely, but hurt feelings are better than fluid-filled lungs.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
lol it owns that all the family I care about/care about me either live with me or are dead.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

as far as I am aware I have not yet had covid, so that's nice I guess

I am really hermity though

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

McNugget Buddy posted:

If and when ADE happens, how are politicians even going to break that news to the public?

In my head that's the point where they all get in their private jets and fly off, leaving us all to die

they'll say that we're rounding the corner and have almost beat the virus, but make sure you get vaccinated

Gio posted:

this is a great compendium of purposeful covid denialism/minimalism (rather than “failed predictions” like the article makes them out to be), but…

…this is total loving horseshit. none of these were generally accepted or reasonable predictions, ever. they were predictions made by covid influencers peddling panglossian takes that were amplified by the media and those in power.

well if you recall at the beginning of the essay he himself said the virus was almost over in june or june of this year, which was obviously a totally reasonable time to make that prediction otherwise he wouldn't have made it

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Cup Runneth Over posted:

they're in the mail with the $600 checks

i finally got my $600 gavinbux check that was supposed to go out in august in the mail three days ago

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Joementum posted:

wait until late january and submit a claim for reimbursement to your private insurer

since it's now january, you'll still have to pay it but it will count against your deductible for the new year

unless they count it as a pharmacy expense which might not count toward the deductible and might include a copay

also, some insurers are charging a copay for the tests larger than the out of pocket expense for the test

i know this because vermont already set up this system for test reimbursements

fortunately, my insurer doesn't make the proper form available on their site, so i can't submit a reimbursement claim anyway

no i meant the 500k tests that they said the government was buying after everyone got mad at psaki

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

SplitSoul posted:

In other news 85% of infections are breakthroughs now.

Wait what

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Business Gorillas posted:

attn lurkers: socially distant polycule is a good username

meet girls at the store fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jan 11, 2022

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Johnny Cache Hit posted:

she seems smart, tbh: if the pandemic has demonstrated one thing to me it’s that the vast majority of this country would feed me and my family directly into a wood chipper if it meant they could go to a lovely chain restaurant whenever they want.

I’m sure there are some people that actually give a gently caress about others, but at this point it’s gotta be vanishingly small, and i bet most people who are staying isolated from others are doing it to keep themselves/immediate family safe and that’s it. i doubt anyone has any sweeping desire to keep the anonymous strangers in this world safe, especially after seeing how lots of em are.

I mean I hope like hell I’m a good person, but I’m not really sure. for all I know if I had a guarantee that the people I give a gently caress about wouldn’t be hurt, maybe I’d be out suckin and fuckin.

it’s been 666 long rear end days, so maybe Covid is my god now.

She’s actually a psychopath.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Nice new mild study out on brain impacts. Someone probably posted this earlier, but I just saw it.

Just the reminder while everyone's waiting to open the christmas present deathcount numbers that those aren't even the start and nobody loving talks about this at ALL

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQmYzNka0HE

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Business Gorillas posted:

bean crew alert:

Xaris posted:

i would make some ethiopian black eyed pea stew. berberre is a must though, and i would probably increase it to 3 tsp but i love berberre and also i find most online recipes to be underspiced in general and usually increase them all by at least 50%. i forgot which recipe i used but something similar to this https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/black-eyed-peas-coconut-milk-and-ethiopian-spices

make this recipe per these special instructions

quoting so i remember this for new years

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

post COVID posted:

my unvaxed step-brother does not and will never give a gently caress about covid and i'm jealous

i mean his mid-40s wife died spontaneously of a pulmonary embolism a month ago, but hey, you can't go to Applebees without cracking a few eggs

He is living how free Americans are supposed. Untethered by any social bonds beyond engaging in the market.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
good morning

covid morning

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

“What happened to contact tracing”

What loving contact tracing? There never was any to begin with you ducking idiot, you loving dunce. We live in a broken country that doesn’t give a drat about anyone.

:rubby:

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1475298047806607370?t=NQj5jxC-HtXBX0oy8mKG-Q&s=19

this is with less than half of the states reporting btw

lmao

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that's only on average

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/The_OtherET/status/1475193449846657032?s=20
https://twitter.com/JordanSchachtel/status/1475254482216919041?s=20
https://twitter.com/ericavioletlee/status/1474916377639202824?s=20

just completely different realities

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

Glumwheels posted:

What loving contact tracing? There never was any to begin with you ducking idiot, you loving dunce. We live in a broken country that doesn’t give a drat about anyone.

i read that omicron has destroyed Germany's contact tracing system because vaccinated people are now required to quarantine if they are a close contact

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Glumwheels posted:

"What? That can't be. I've been fine." says the blindly privileged.

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

WarEternal posted:

Is there anything you can even do in that case? Cuz I'm bout ready to try anything with a small chance of making a difference.

The only thing that works on everything is the placebo effect so you just gotta make yourself believe 😎

I put my trust in spicy food and andrographis panuculata and I'm not pozzed yet but give it another few days cause I'm seeing the gf's whole family for new year's :coronatoot:

Also posting this emote out of curiosity :gamefreak:

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

There probably aren't that many people involved in tracking this stuff anymore. But I bet the few that are have spent Christmas with a knot in their stomach.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

for future reference:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S53fZTbKHG0

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx7-4j_TMx8

i should look for some more clips

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
I have information that will lead to the arrest of COVID-19

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Oh wow so still just as deadly as regular to vulnerable populations and vaccines don’t do poo poo.

But it’s mild!

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

El Mero Mero posted:

Just the reminder while everyone's waiting to open the christmas present deathcount numbers that those aren't even the start and nobody loving talks about this at ALL
Eyes seen to glaze over when I mention my concern with long Covid.

I'm unable to tell if their looks are due to Covid exhaustion or if they dismiss such talk as if I were a hypochondriac.

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

anti-loving-boosters

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

Ham Cheeks posted:

I have information that will lead to the arrest of COVID-19

things that will arrest COVID-19: cyanide capsule, lethal injection, bullet to the temple, the list goes on

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Cheesus posted:

Eyes seen to glaze over when I mention my concern with long Covid.

I'm unable to tell if their looks are due to Covid exhaustion or if they dismiss such talk as if I were a hypochondriac.

nobody talks about long covid. nobody has any opportunity to learn about it unless they personally know someone or if they're seeking out the information on their own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

if they cared about us they would send the kits via drone flies