Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Weren't we going to get info on JOJOLANDS this month?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I was watching Gomorrah, the Italian Mafia show, and the boss made his underling drink a glass of piss.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I agree that Abbacchio should've become the new boss.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1475471150729814022

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Wonder what these "difficulties" were. Sounds like Jojolands won't be out until later in 2022 at the earliest.

https://twitter.com/jojo_wiki/status/1474426521779466241

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

araki was next in line for the calamity by wonder of u

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

SKULL.GIF posted:

Wonder what these "difficulties" were. Sounds like Jojolands won't be out until later in 2022 at the earliest.

https://twitter.com/jojo_wiki/status/1474426521779466241

I read somewhere that the subtitles are off and it's not a specific thing. cant find it though.

I'm so hyped for the magazine. I'll probably get it even though I can't read japanese. I hope he reveals the next JOJO. God I love Araki

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/jojo_wiki/status/1474435409618739201?t=ez3YtPW4IvHw3kyMmfef0A&s=19

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

We were first shown Gappy about a month after Steel Ball Run ended so I wonder why JOJOLANDS is being kept under wraps for now.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Funky Valentine posted:

We were first shown Gappy about a month after Steel Ball Run ended so I wonder why JOJOLANDS is being kept under wraps for now.

It's because Araki's having to make some last-minute changes after the Jojomama leak

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Funky Valentine posted:

Hopefully it means he's planning Part 9 out more thoroughly.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I just want him to take a break

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

monthly schedules aren't really that rough

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
It's still pretty rough, especially since it's typically expected for the artwork to be higher quality than in a weekly manga, and it's usually 2-3 times the length of a weekly chapter. It's definitely a bit more manageable, but not by much.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ten more years! ten more years!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I don't remember any dogs dying after Part 4, honestly.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I don't remember any dogs dying after Part 4, honestly.

He did in fact stop killing Dogs

https://twitter.com/jojo_wiki/status/1172723076766715904

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Iwasuke may not have died but he sure did explode a bunch of blood out of his head along with one of his eyeballs. He got better quickly but it still feels like it should count for something

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Iwasuke may not have died but he sure did explode a bunch of blood out of his head along with one of his eyeballs. He got better quickly but it still feels like it should count for something
That's like a papercut in Jojo though, to be fair

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Parts 4 and after work on having some kind of healing aspect for the main characters, but I do like how Part 3 they just get hosed up week after week and just end up okay like they have latent healing abilities.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

bobjr posted:

Parts 4 and after work on having some kind of healing aspect for the main characters, but I do like how Part 3 they just get hosed up week after week and just end up okay like they have latent healing abilities.

You'd have to wonder how they didn't have enough holes blown in them from Wheel of Fortune alone for Justice to immediately work on them.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

bobjr posted:

Hamon has healing abilities, so that's something at least.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
Imagine you're nursing a hole in your shoulder that a living doll stabbed into you and your friend's grandpa stops complaining about Japanese people for ten seconds and breathes on you and it somehow feels better

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
yo guys

i had decided to wait until part 8 was finished to begin with, curious how much precedence i should put on reading through it rn. my general enjoyment of the parts so far has been something like this:

7 > 5 > 4 > 6 > 3 > 2 > 1 and i'm a big fan of the huge loopy metaphysical nonsense (i loved king crimson and gre and all that stuff) so i am curious if i'll be inclined to think of part 8 as toward the upper end of that list or lower end based on enjoyment thus far (i'll end up reading it no matter what at some pt, just trying to prioritize my free time a little bit )

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

tbp posted:

yo guys

i had decided to wait until part 8 was finished to begin with, curious how much precedence i should put on reading through it rn. my general enjoyment of the parts so far has been something like this:

7 > 5 > 4 > 6 > 3 > 2 > 1 and i'm a big fan of the huge loopy metaphysical nonsense (i loved king crimson and gre and all that stuff) so i am curious if i'll be inclined to think of part 8 as toward the upper end of that list or lower end based on enjoyment thus far (i'll end up reading it no matter what at some pt, just trying to prioritize my free time a little bit )

as a total package i think 8 is dope if you really enjoy araki being araki and going on about incredibly weird poo poo and throwing in concepts out of nowhere that he refuses to elaborate on beyond a single fight. if you like some of the more out there poo poo you'll most likely enjoy it and in retrospective i enjoyed the time i had with it.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I like when he can thread of the needle of Weird poo poo and Actual Coherent Plot. Part 8 feels kinda like when Lynch went too far and made Inland Empire to me

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's January 1 in Japan, which is the official 35th anniversary.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

No Dignity posted:

I like when he can thread of the needle of Weird poo poo and Actual Coherent Plot. Part 8 feels kinda like when Lynch went too far and made Inland Empire to me

Part 8 is good you're right.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wouldn't bat an eye if araki wrote an author's note describing a time when he rescued and befriended some woody woodpecker plushes and later stopped being friends with them after their relationship went south

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

https://twitter.com/jojo_wiki/status/1482281728966160386?s=20

https://twitter.com/jojo_wiki/status/1482290411842379777?s=20

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I like the idea of Lisa Lisa getting involved with a stand user hope that turns out good.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Oh gently caress yeah I'm ready for these

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Sweet, a battle between the two Stardust Crusaders that barely got any fights because they're both too broken for Araki to find ways to use them that aren't hilariously instantly lethal.

Maybe it'll turn into a three-way battle with Fugo :v:

(that would own actually)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I always figured Iggy's stand was car-like because to a dog that must represent a pinnacle of power. They're big, fast, loud as hell, and deadly

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

I don't know that Avdol is particularly lethal. His fire seems to work like rope half the time. It's hard to write a good fight for a lethal long range stand. At least Star Platinum or Silver Chariot has to get close but Avdol can just point at you.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'll cut Araki some slack on Iggy because Iggy vs. Pet Shop is worth like 3 fights.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Really wanna see the Lisa Lisa vs a Stand

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Brandfarlig posted:

I don't know that Avdol is particularly lethal. His fire seems to work like rope half the time. It's hard to write a good fight for a lethal long range stand. At least Star Platinum or Silver Chariot has to get close but Avdol can just point at you.

Avdol can just light a dude on fire and unless they have a way to put out the flames/he decides to spare like Polneraff it's absurdly dangerous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Imagine the Wheel of Fortune fight, but Avdol just blows the guy up before he can even do his gimmick.